PDA

View Full Version : Wade Smith

Bike
10-12-2009, 01:03 AM
Wade played pretty decent filling in for Albert. Maybe keep him there and move Albert to the right side? Or trade Waters? His play today seemingly gives us some options. Maybe...

tornadospotter
10-12-2009, 01:15 AM
I must say, after injuries happened, the qb seemed to have played better, seems like he had more time to make a throw, to bad our receivers did not catch them.

Bike
10-12-2009, 01:18 AM
I must say, after injuries happened, the qb seemed to have played better, seems like he had more time to make a throw, to bad our receivers did not catch them.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it? :bananen_smilies046:

jap1
10-12-2009, 02:30 AM
I remember Wade Smith giving up a sack when he was at LT. Also, I think the Cowgirls stopped blitzing toward the end of the game and were in a prevent defense. So it is difficult to say whether the 2nd stringers were playing better.

One thing I know, is that we need to have more than two backups at OL, and maybe a few less TEs that never step onto the field.

texaschief
10-12-2009, 03:05 AM
I remember Wade Smith giving up a sack when he was at LT. Also, I think the Cowgirls stopped blitzing toward the end of the game and were in a prevent defense. So it is difficult to say whether the 2nd stringers were playing better.

One thing I know, is that we need to have more than two backups at OL, and maybe a few less TEs that never step onto the field.

We can't do that because then O'Connell would just be ANOTHER player from this past draft who would be "perceived" to be not contributing to go along with:

Tyson Jackson 3 tkls in 5 games
Alex Magee 2 tkls in 4 games
Donald Washington (3 tkls in 3 games)
Colin Brown(IR)
Quinten Lawrence (1 catch for 16 yds in 2 games played)
Jarvis Williams (practice squad)

But I'm sure this wonderful talent evaluation is all Herm Edwards' fault as well... These are 6 of the first 8 of "22 off the street to win 2 games." But, Jackson has become the reach EVERYONE IN THE WORLD knew he was at #3, Magee can't sniff the rotation, Washington isn't good enough to beat out Leggitt for playing time, Brown is a joke, Lawrence is bad, and Williams was a waisted draft pick considering the RBs that were already here.

Like I said before, I'm sure Pioli is on his knees thanking God for Succop. GAWD, DAMN this is depressing.

jap1
10-12-2009, 03:34 AM
We can't do that because then O'Connell would just be ANOTHER player from this past draft who would be "perceived" to be not contributing to go along with:

Tyson Jackson 3 tkls in 5 games
Alex Magee 2 tkls in 4 games
Donald Washington (3 tkls in 3 games)
Colin Brown(IR)
Quinten Lawrence (1 catch for 16 yds in 2 games played)
Jarvis Williams (practice squad)

But I'm sure this wonderful talent evaluation is all Herm Edwards' fault as well... These are 6 of the first 8 of "22 off the street to win 2 games." But, Jackson has become the reach EVERYONE IN THE WORLD knew he was at #3, Magee can't sniff the rotation, Washington isn't good enough to beat out Leggitt for playing time, Brown is a joke, Lawrence is bad, and Williams was a waisted draft pick considering the RBs that were already here.

Like I said before, I'm sure Pioli is on his knees thanking God for Succop. GAWD, DAMN this is depressing.

The bold part isnt true. I remember seeing Washington get beat badly a few times at the beginning of the game, leaving his man wide open by quite a few yards. After which they put in Leggett. At least Leggett was in position to make a play, he just gambled and went for the ball instead of the tackle and thats all she wrote.

doobs_05
10-12-2009, 03:36 AM
Pretty sure Leggett went for the tackle....i'm sure i saw arms around austin.....

texaschief
10-12-2009, 03:40 AM
The bold part isnt true. I remember seeing Washington get beat badly a few times at the beginning of the game, leaving his man wide open by quite a few yards. After which they put in Leggett. At least Leggett was in position to make a play, he just gambled and went for the ball instead of the tackle and thats all she wrote.

I think you're making my point for me.

Bike
10-12-2009, 09:19 AM
Kinda what I thought...

matthewschiefs
10-12-2009, 11:53 AM
maybe moveing albert and playing smith is something they should try any thing that could help would be nice to see. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!

Seek
10-12-2009, 01:06 PM

Yeah he did give up a sack. What did you expect from a back up guard? On that sack, he was off balance. He was literally on his heals when he got bull rushed and ran right through.

Other than that, I thought he didn't stink as much as the others. It was better than I expected. Still couldn't run a lick.

yashi
10-12-2009, 01:32 PM
I thought Smith did better at LT than Albert has actually. He did give up a sack to, well... DeMarcus Ware, the guy who led the NFL in sacks last season. But he was able to keep Ware in front of him the whole play and was just bull rushed backwards. I think Cassel held the ball a lot longer than he should have that play, but I could be mistaken. Aside from that one play it seemed like Cassel had a lot of time to throw once he came in.

Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing Smith get a start at LT with Albert playing RG.

SIC J
10-12-2009, 01:36 PM
Pretty sure Leggett went for the tackle....i'm sure i saw arms around austin.....

He definately went for the tackle and failed horribly.....

yashi
10-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Leggett is a disaster in coverage. So is Washington.

Bike
10-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Leggett is a disaster in coverage. So is Washington.
They are both special teams players - no more.

josh1971
10-12-2009, 08:23 PM
maybe moveing albert and playing smith is something they should try any thing that could help would be nice to see. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!

And make Goff sit for a week as well, with Alleman in at RG to see how that works out (Provided ALbert is still injured).

Go with:

LT Wade Smith
LG Waters
C Niswanger
RG Alleman
RT O'Callaghan

Could it hurt? What would happen? Our running game wouldn't gain any yards and our QB would get abused (kinda like now)

jb

Bike
10-12-2009, 08:51 PM
And make Goff sit for a week as well, with Alleman in at RG to see how that works out (Provided ALbert is still injured).

Go with:

LT Wade Smith
LG Waters
C Niswanger
RG Alleman
RT O'Callaghan

Could it hurt? What would happen? Our running game wouldn't gain any yards and our QB would get abused (kinda like now)

jb
Waters been underperforming this year also. Suddenly the right side of the ol is becoming the left side..
And after including Rudy at center, I have concluded that the entire offensive line........sucks.

josh1971
10-12-2009, 08:54 PM
Waters been underperforming this year also. Suddenly the right side of the ol is becoming the left side..
And after including Rudy at center, I have concluded that the entire offensive line........sucks.

Yeah.... it's true.

kilobytes
10-13-2009, 12:05 AM
I told ya we should move Albert to RG where he belongs

jap1
10-13-2009, 12:23 AM

Thats exactly what I was doing. Sorry my sarcasm wasnt thick enough.

If he was going for the tackle, he would have lowered his shoulders and drove him back. He was going for the ball and most corners will put their off hand around the WR's waist in case they miss the ball.

Yeah he did give up a sack. What did you expect from a back up guard? On that sack, he was off balance. He was literally on his heals when he got bull rushed and ran right through.

Other than that, I thought he didn't stink as much as the others. It was better than I expected. Still couldn't run a lick.

I am not convinced that he was playing betterthan Albert. I think it was more a matter of Dallas moving to a conservative, prevent defense.

texaschief
10-13-2009, 12:40 AM
At this point, we can't find a RT worth a damn. O'Call might be able to grow into it. He showed promise. But look how long it took to find a decent RT... if you think Albert should be a RG and shouldn't be a LT, just wait till you see Smith starting over there. He's a MUCH worse option. This is why I wouldn't have just cut McIntosh, Richardson or Herb Taylor. NOBODY they've brought in have been as good as those guys. Not yet at least.

...if ONLY Colin Brown hadn't had that horrible "undisclosed injury."

If we had a backup or stopgap LT who could finish the season over there, I'd say, move Albert right now to wherever you think he'd best benefit the team. But as of right now, he's the best option at LT and moving him would require our backup QBs to be constantly warming up on the sideline.