PDA

View Full Version : We might be 0-5 BUT.......

SIC J
10-12-2009, 12:15 PM
So are the Titans coming off a 13-3 season last year. Thats gotta be a lot more frustrating and disappointing for fans than us being 0-5 with a 2-14 season last year and all the changes we made. :lol:

Bike
10-12-2009, 12:18 PM
So are the Titans coming off a 13-3 season last year. Thats gotta be a lot more frustrating and disappointing for fans than us being 0-5 with a 2-14 season last year and all the changes we made. :lol:
No doubt...:bananen_smilies046:

chief31
10-12-2009, 12:20 PM

I think I would rather be coming off of a 13-3 season, myself. :D

Bike
10-12-2009, 12:23 PM
I think I would rather be coming off of a 13-3 season, myself. :D
Yeah you gotta admit they gotta be hurtin' in Nashville after this start. Us, on the other hand, are more use to this losing thing these past 3 years...

Chief Tyler
10-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Agreed, being a Chiefs fan the last few years is like being slugged while intoxicated. Initially we're angry, but we don't even remember it in 5 minutes where everything is warm and happy again :).

0-5 as a Titans fan on the other hand is like being sucker punched during afternoon tea. Super discombobulating!

IlovetheChiefs
10-12-2009, 08:13 PM
Well if Herm was still our coach then 0-5 would be no surprise. But with Haley we obviously were hopeful for a better season this year, even if just along the lines of 5-11 or 6-10.

I know we've had a tough schedule for the most part so far, but I would have expected more competitve games than we performed against Philly and the Giants. And we should have beat Oakland at home regardless of who the coach is.

I still have good hope for this new Pioli, Haley, Cassel era. But so far we're ranked 30th and 32nd on offense and defense and that's more dismal than I thought we would be at this point.

But better days are coming. And I can see us going to 1-5 after the Washington trip!

hometeam
10-12-2009, 08:15 PM
if we lose to washington I will poop my pants.

josh1971
10-12-2009, 08:17 PM

Will you make an animated gif file of that?:bananen_smilies046:

hometeam
10-12-2009, 08:23 PM
Will you make an animated gif file of that?:bananen_smilies046:

yes, it will look something like this;

:fatlock:
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/10/27.jpg

josh1971
10-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Perfect- it will complete my collection of animated gifs featuring pooped pants and eaten hats...

I'm not sure if we'll win this or not.

McLovin
10-12-2009, 11:06 PM
If we lose this I will really start calling for Haley's head. This is not a game that losing is an option. Similar to the Browns game. Similar to the Raiders and we already lost that one.

josh1971
10-12-2009, 11:59 PM
If we lose to Washington, it will be because we didn't score as many points as they did. Losing and winning aren't "options", they're outcomes of how you play the game.

I'm really hoping that our guys will get fired up at some point, and run all over someone.

Just remember- the year that Dallas went 1-15, the team they beat? The Washington Redskins...

texaschief
10-13-2009, 12:03 AM
Well if Herm was still our coach then 0-5 would be no surprise. But with Haley we obviously were hopeful for a better season this year, even if just along the lines of 5-11 or 6-10.

I know we've had a tough schedule for the most part so far, but I would have expected more competitve games than we performed against Philly and the Giants. And we should have beat Oakland at home regardless of who the coach is.

I still have good hope for this new Pioli, Haley, Cassel era. But so far we're ranked 30th and 32nd on offense and defense and that's more dismal than I thought we would be at this point.

But better days are coming. And I can see us going to 1-5 after the Washington trip!

I just expected a couple more wins and for these guys to show me what a "real" talent evaluator looked like since Herm was "SO BAD."

.... so, yeah, I guess disappointed would sum up my feelings thus far.

SIC J
10-13-2009, 01:23 AM
I put my prediction at 6 wins this season. We're obviously not at this pace but we lost 2 games we should've definately won. If we don't win more than 2 games this season then I'll have different thoughts about Hailey as a coach.

We can only wait and see.......

texaschief
10-13-2009, 01:46 AM
I put my prediction at 6 wins this season. We're obviously not at this pace but we lost 2 games we should've definately won. If we don't win more than 2 games this season then I'll have different thoughts about Hailey as a coach.

We can only wait and see.......

We lost at least 6 games last year that we should've won.

kilobytes
10-13-2009, 03:48 PM
Larry Johnsons family is going to be there so LJ will have a big day which means we win. 1-5 here we come.

matthewschiefs
10-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Larry Johnsons family is going to be there so LJ will have a big day which means we win. 1-5 here we come.

We can only hope that will happen.

Vandelay
10-13-2009, 05:15 PM
Maybe he would like to sit with them, he could have a beer, relax, and let someone who trys play.

yashi
10-13-2009, 05:33 PM
If we lose this I will really start calling for Haley's head. This is not a game that losing is an option. Similar to the Browns game. Similar to the Raiders and we already lost that one.

Why this particular game? Just wondering. The Redskins are pretty bad(ly coached) and their only 2 wins came against winless teams, but all of their games have been decided by less than a touchdown. They could, in theory, easily be 5-0 right now as bad(ly coached) as they are. The game is also in Washington, which doesn't help us.

Chiefster
10-13-2009, 06:10 PM
Yeah you gotta admit they gotta be hurtin' in Nashville after this start. Us, on the other hand, are more use to this losing thing these past 3 years...

I'm not sure but I think that may well be the point he's making.

chief31
10-14-2009, 10:55 AM

I would prefer to not be used to that. :D

Hayvern
10-14-2009, 02:51 PM
We are 6.5 point underdogs going into this game. We were 8.5 underdogs for Dallas.

The Redskins have something to prove at home, we really don't have anything to prove that has not already been proven.

This week is another loss.

Optimism left the building last week.

yashi
10-14-2009, 03:06 PM
We are 6.5 point underdogs going into this game. We were 8.5 underdogs for Dallas.

The Redskins have something to prove at home, we really don't have anything to prove that has not already been proven.

This week is another loss.

Optimism left the building last week.

I think I'm going to put some money on us to cover though. I can't see the Redskins beating anybody by 7.

SIC J
10-14-2009, 03:10 PM
I think I'm going to put some money on us to cover though. I can't see the Redskins beating anybody by 7.

I actually strongly think we will be getting our first win of the season against the redskins.

yashi
10-14-2009, 03:46 PM
I actually strongly think we will be getting our first win of the season against the redskins.

I would be a lot more confident if it was a home game. But how about this. Washington has played a winless team every single week, and both of their wins were against teams that are still winless! This might be the most winnable game we have left.

IlovetheChiefs
10-14-2009, 04:30 PM
But how about this. Washington has played a winless team every single week, and both of their wins were against teams that are still winless!

That is pretty interesting indeed! We've really started out with a tough schedule while other teams like Washington and Philly (Philly's 3 wins come against teams with a combined 1-13 record. And they play Jokeland next) haven't had to face the winning teams yet much.

Imagine if we had Washington's schedule so far:

at Giants
RAMS
at Detroit
TAMPA BAY
at Carolina

We'd very likely be at least 2-3 (beating the Rams and Bucs at home) and potentially 4-1 with winnable games at the Lions and Panthers.

Well the good news is 7 of our next 9 games are against teams that don't have winning records.