yashi
10-13-2009, 09:44 AM
LT - Wade Smith
LG - Branden Albert
C - Brian Waters
RG - Andy Alleman/Ike Ndukwe
RT - Ryan O'Callaghan

Reason:

Wade Smith played well aside from the sack he gave up to Ware. He did keep Ware in front of him and Cassel seemed to have a lot more time to throw after Albert was injured. Alleman seemed to do alright also.

Waters is obviously not the LG he once was but would help stuff the A-gap penetration that's been getting through a lot at C.

Niswanger sucks.

Goff sucks.

Albert gets to play his college position and where he was projected to be a pro bowler at the NFL level.

O'Callaghan has been alright. No better options.

Cassel holds onto the ball longer than he should so I think he'll always be sacked alot, but he certainly seems to be able to make nice throws when he has some time. Playing around with the OL might be a good idea since these guys have been with the team and know the offense, whereas someone we sign off the street wouldn't.

honda522
10-13-2009, 09:47 AM
Brian Waters needs to go. He is becoming like LJ, I don't see any effort and he has gotten the most false start pentlies this year.

Plus he is not a Center, I heard Goff played Center, maybe he would do better there.

yashi
10-13-2009, 10:08 AM
Brian Waters needs to go. He is becoming like LJ, I don't see any effort and he has gotten the most false start pentlies this year.

Plus he is not a Center, I heard Goff played Center, maybe he would do better there.

Waters was originally brought in to be Tim Grunhard's replacement at center until we signed Wiegmann back in the day. All of his experience prior to playing for KC was at center if I'm not mistaken.

We can't just cut ties with a guy who was a Pro Bowler just last season. The roster is already lacking talent enough as it is.

kilobytes
10-13-2009, 11:13 AM
LT - Wade Smith
LG - Brian Waters
C - Goff
RG - Branden Albert
RT - Ryan O'Callaghan

matthewschiefs
10-13-2009, 11:15 AM
Walters has defently been a disapointment with his play. Maybe this move will help any thing would be good to try.

honda522
10-13-2009, 12:07 PM
Waters was originally brought in to be Tim Grunhard's replacement at center until we signed Wiegmann back in the day. All of his experience prior to playing for KC was at center if I'm not mistaken.

We can't just cut ties with a guy who was a Pro Bowler just last season. The roster is already lacking talent enough as it is.
I ain't saying cut him, we should get something in return for him.

also owns limited NFL experience at center Brian Waters, #54, Guard, Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.kcchiefs.com/player/brian_waters/)
Guess your right on that...but it does say limited, and I think Goff has more experience.

pbatrucker
10-13-2009, 12:56 PM
Wade Smith did a good job, but let us not forget the cowgirls were in a prevent defense and only rushing three.

texaschief
10-13-2009, 02:00 PM
I think Smith did ok at LT but he's a true guard. He's going to get destroyed at LT the rest of the season. Albert hasn't been as bad as everyone here seems to think. The DEs that he's been going against for the first 5 weeks have been perennial Pro Bowlers.

Terrell Suggs
Richard Seymour
Justin Tuck/Mathias Kiwanuka/Osi Umenyora
Demarcu Ware

Also, like I've pointed out before, he has lost a ton of weight and is learning his 4th offense in the past year. I'm not sure what y'all expect from a 2nd year player playing one of the toughest positions in football under those kinds of conditions.

yashi
10-13-2009, 02:14 PM
I think Smith did ok at LT but he's a true guard. He's going to get destroyed at LT the rest of the season. Albert hasn't been as bad as everyone here seems to think. The DEs that he's been going against for the first 5 weeks have been perennial Pro Bowlers.

Terrell Suggs
Richard Seymour
Justin Tuck/Mathias Kiwanuka/Osi Umenyora
Demarcu Ware

Also, like I've pointed out before, he has lost a ton of weight and is learning his 4th offense in the past year. I'm not sure what y'all expect from a 2nd year player playing one of the toughest positions in football under those kinds of conditions.

Yeah don't get me wrong, I don't consider Albert at LT the worst thing in the world. The main problem right now to me is the interior offensive line not giving Cassel room to step up in the pocket and deliver. It makes it impossible on the Tackles if forcing the pass rusher to take a long outside path isn't good enough to prevent a sack. I think Alleman's replacing Goff was more of a factor than Smith with Albert.

KottkeKU
10-13-2009, 02:28 PM
i agree 100% with TexasChief...

This offense is entirely new to everybody, and Albert was kind of labeled a project LT before the draft, he had the potential to be great, not right out of the gate because its a new position for him...if you give him a couple consecutive years with the same offense, he will look entirely different...

my main question is can he stay healthy for consecutive seasons....

brish
10-13-2009, 02:46 PM
How do you guys think O'Callaghan did? I thought it was better than Ndukwe.
I would like to see something done about Goff / Niswanger.

I've read a couple of times that Niswanger is a very smart guy, and the center is the "quarterback of the line" as some claim. So is that why he is still the starter?
We know his height is not ideal for a center, especially not with all the 3-4 defenses that sport big explosive NT's.
Don't we have anyone else who can play that center position better?

Im not an o-line guru, so if anyone has some insights please lay 'em out.

yashi
10-13-2009, 02:59 PM
How do you guys think O'Callaghan did? I thought it was better than Ndukwe.
I would like to see something done about Goff / Niswanger.

I've read a couple of times that Niswanger is a very smart guy, and the center is the "quarterback of the line" as some claim. So is that why he is still the starter?
We know his height is not ideal for a center, especially not with all the 3-4 defenses that sport big explosive NT's.
Don't we have anyone else who can play that center position better?

Im not an o-line guru, so if anyone has some insights please lay 'em out.

We have a ton of guys that can play center. Goff, Smith, Alleman, even Waters has some experience there. I'm really not sure why we haven't tried someone else out.

brish
10-13-2009, 03:07 PM
Exactly what I was thinking, which is why im asking some of you knowledgeable people why he is set in stone as a starter.. :)

Obviously it could be a problem with snaps and all that. But I would rather have a couple of botched snaps than Cassel on crutches..

pbatrucker
10-13-2009, 03:14 PM
IMO o'Calghan has been a upgrade at RT weather he is going to be the answer at Rt is to be seen. I would like to see what Ndwuke can do at RG. That's his natural position and Goff has lost a step or two.
It looks like we are going to have to draft a center or pick one up on free agency. I thought Niswanger would be better this year, but no such luck. Alleman might be a possibility. Goff doesn't have the quickness and they will not move BW.
I agree with Texaschief in that Albert will work out just fine.

Isawa_mo
10-13-2009, 10:25 PM
For some reason, a 290# LT really scares me...

Coach
10-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Isn't Albert hurt? I would not at all be surprised to see a new OL arrangement this weekend. I can't wait to see how Niswanger and Goff do against Albert Haynesworth.

honda522
10-13-2009, 10:58 PM
Isn't Albert hurt? I would not at all be surprised to see a new OL arrangement this weekend. I can't wait to see how Niswanger and Goff do against Albert Haynesworth.
Haynesworth isn't what he was like in Tenn. Aleast from what I have seen. Dallas and NY probably had the best pass rush we will see all year.

jap1
10-13-2009, 11:15 PM
Wade Smith did a good job, but let us not forget the cowgirls were in a prevent defense and only rushing three.

Im glad Im not the only one who noticed that the Cowgirls were in a prevent.

If you go by the logic that W. Smith only gave up 1 sack, then B. Albert did just as well, if not better. He only gave up one sack in over 3 quarters of play. Wade Smith gave up one sack in 3 drives.

pbatrucker
10-14-2009, 12:45 AM
Haynesworth isn't what he was like in Tenn. Aleast from what I have seen. Dallas and NY probably had the best pass rush we will see all year.
It's hard to play with his pockets suffed with that many hundred dollar bills.
:bananen_smilies046:

matthewschiefs
10-14-2009, 01:06 AM

Haynesworth has not had the same season he had a year ago. Hopefuly the Chiefs o line does not make him look like the player he was a year ago. If they can contain him I think the chiefs have the better team.

yashi
10-14-2009, 09:46 AM
Haynesworth has not had the same season he had a year ago. Hopefuly the Chiefs o line does not make him look like the player he was a year ago. If they can contain him I think the chiefs have the better team.

The thing with Haynesworth is that he's commanding double teams this year and making it easier for his ends to get to the passer. I think they have like 3 and 5 sacks a piece.

Bike
10-14-2009, 10:27 AM
Run the 2-minute drill the entire game. That'll wear him down!

honda522
10-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Here is an Offensive Line Idea!!!!

Maybe!!!! Just Maybe!!!! They could learn to STAY LOW.

:noob:

Chiefster
10-14-2009, 10:38 PM

That's a novel idea.

Hayvern
10-15-2009, 12:54 AM

HEY, they have it perfect on the field goal plays. They stay so low they let the defenders jump right over their backs to block the kick!!!