PDA

View Full Version : Let's engage in a little fantasy here...

Chiefster
10-13-2009, 07:59 PM
You're given a telegraphed message from Clark Hunt telling you to meet him at your local airport and he will pick you up in a Lear jet to fly back to KC in order to have lunch at one of the metropolitan's most extravagant restaurants and talk some big business. You meet him at the airport, fly to KC and half way through the main course he dispenses with the small talk and comes right down to brass tacks, looking you dead in the eyes and says:

Ok, this is what I'm proposing: I'll make you the highest paid GM/President in NFL history. I'll give you complete control of the franchise checkbook and organizational personnel from the head coach all the way down to the water boy; MONEY IS NO OBJECT! Hire whoever you want, and pay them as much as you want within league salary cap rules. there's just on catch; you have to make the Chiefs Super Bowl champions by next season's end. If not then I will fire you and then sue you for breach of contract.

Questions: A) Do you take him up on his offer, and (B) If so, then how do you go about completeting this arduous task?

I just figured we needed all the distractions we could get. :D

matthewschiefs
10-13-2009, 08:01 PM
I wouldnt take him up on hit becuse its going to take more then a year to get this current team to the superbowl. Unless you make every player in the NFL a free agent then i might!!!!!

Chiefster
10-13-2009, 08:03 PM
I wouldnt take him up on hit becuse its going to take more then a year to get this current team to the superbowl. Unless you make every player in the NFL a free agent then i might!!!!!

Nope; not part of the deal. :D

Vandelay
10-13-2009, 08:20 PM
I'm going to keep my fantasies contained to this thread.

is it me or...is this the Official Chiefs Crowd Girly Thread or what? (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10259)

matthewschiefs
10-13-2009, 08:43 PM

is it me or...is this the Official Chiefs Crowd Girly Thread or what? (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10259)

:lol: now what could you possibley have fantasies about in that thread.

Chiefster
10-13-2009, 08:54 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vanilla Garilla
10-14-2009, 09:25 PM
I would accept the offer and try my best to rebuild the Chiefs.

I guess my first step would be to hire an offensive coordinator, and one i personally like is Dick Vermeil. Yeah i said it, this is fantasy land right?

Second would be to trade LJ for a draft pick (probably 3rd round or later), and let Charles, Smith, and Battle carry the load.

Then after this season was over, i would spend all of Mr. Hunts money and wave so much money in the face of some free agent O linemen, Defensive backs, and Wide Receivers that they just couldnt resist.

Last but not least, in the up and coming draft, i would draft an O linemen with my first pick, a hb with my first of second round picks, and another O linemen with my second, second round pick.

And then ITS ON!

Chiefster
10-14-2009, 11:44 PM
Would anyone, accepting the proposal, do anything different?