PDA

View Full Version : Miles Austin

honda522
10-13-2009, 09:17 PM
Getting really sick of hearing about him, are you?

Sure he broke a record. But dam, look here. He had 10 receptions. Atleast 4 drops. 3 Being receptions of 50 plus. He managed a great feat amongst one of the worse defenses around who COULDN"T tackle.

Just saying, he is being really overrated right now. He drop 2 touchdown passes that were right in his hands. He had one good game, which does not make him good.

I could compare this game he had to the play Damion Macntosh had. He did it good once, but after that it was the same.

IlovetheChiefs
10-13-2009, 10:20 PM
Yeah can't call him a beast yet on the basis of this one game. The 250 yards is an accomplishment, okay. But he was definitely aided by bad tackling to turn what should have been short yardage into big plays.

I saw the same thing in Philly 2 weeks ago. DeSean Jackson got a 64 yd td pass but he caught it after about a 10-15yd throw and then our bad tackling led to his being home free up the middle to the end zone. We gotta tackle better. Had we done so last week we'd have beaten the Cowgirls despite our bad oline.

Chiefster
10-14-2009, 01:12 AM
Who???

Bike
10-14-2009, 11:19 AM
Who???
LOL!! We made an average reciever look like a pro-bowler. Probably the ticket for grabbing Taylor Mays as our first pick in the upcoming draft...

honda522
10-14-2009, 11:59 AM
LOL!! We made an average reciever look like a pro-bowler. Probably the ticket for grabbing Taylor Mays as our first pick in the upcoming draft...
I still think OL is the most important.

Bike
10-14-2009, 12:04 PM
I still think OL is the most important.
Can't argue that. We need 4 ol, 2 safeties, a wr, rb, lb...
Jeez, what don't we need at this point...:bananen_smilies046:

matthewschiefs
10-14-2009, 12:31 PM
He had one good game. Thats all hes done so far. if only it were not against the chiefs.

honda522
10-14-2009, 12:56 PM
Can't argue that. We need 4 ol, 2 safeties, a wr, rb, lb...
Jeez, what don't we need at this point...:bananen_smilies046:
Maybe we can just draft a coach who can turn crappy players into mega starts.

Vanilla Garilla
10-14-2009, 08:20 PM
Miles Austin can suck my big toe! The only reason why he had so much success with us is because of missed tackles.

So congratulations to you Mr. Miles, you broke the record against one of the worse pass defenses in all of the NFL.

SIC J
10-14-2009, 08:34 PM
I don't know, sounds like you guys are just being haters cuz it was against the Chiefs.

His numbers to me are pretty good so far. I mean he is their 3rd man WR. I mean he may only have 15 receptions on the year but 6 of them have been for more than 20+ yards and 3 of them for over 40+ yards.

We'll have to wait and see what he does the next couple of games but so far, I'm impressed. If Dallas uses him more often, he has the potential to be a good WR.

honda522
10-14-2009, 09:55 PM
I don't know, sounds like you guys are just being haters cuz it was against the Chiefs.

His numbers to me are pretty good so far. I mean he is their 3rd man WR. I mean he may only have 15 receptions on the year but 6 of them have been for more than 20+ yards and 3 of them for over 40+ yards.

We'll have to wait and see what he does the next couple of games but so far, I'm impressed. If Dallas uses him more often, he has the potential to be a good WR.

Dude, you said. He has 15 receptions on the season, 10 being against the Chiefs.

I think its stupid to make a huge deal out of Austin being the Cowboys new hero. The only reason Dallas won is cause we outplayed ourselves. Again, I go back to the refernace of Damion Sackntosh making that huge block last year against Miami, it was good, but don't expect to ever see him do that good again.

4 years in the league and he has 33 receptions...

What does that tell you?

SIC J
10-15-2009, 12:38 AM
Dude, you said. He has 15 receptions on the season, 10 being against the Chiefs.

I think its stupid to make a huge deal out of Austin being the Cowboys new hero. The only reason Dallas won is cause we outplayed ourselves. Again, I go back to the refernace of Damion Sackntosh making that huge block last year against Miami, it was good, but don't expect to ever see him do that good again.

4 years in the league and he has 33 receptions...

What does that tell you?

And he has NEVER been given a chance to play until now. So what does that tell you?

The guy is fast for sure. Call it a bad tackle by the Chiefs but it was a good job by him as well to BREAK the tackle, THREE TIMES.

I can see him having a break out season and given a chance to prove himself now since most of the attention is on Roy Williams.

Sorry but I don't call 3 receptions out of 15 for over 60+ yards and another 10 over 20+ yards luck.