PDA

View Full Version : Dorsey on the trading block?

fairladyZ
10-14-2009, 12:50 AM
I was watching total access and they are saying Dorsey and DJ are both on the trading block if offers come in good enough for them.

WOW

I actually am really impressed with dorsey this year and think that would be a huge mistake.

*edit i didn't read the trade deadline thread* FAIL

josh1971
10-14-2009, 12:54 AM
I think trading Dorsey would be a huge mistake as well. I think another year or so, he's going to be really good.

jb

fairladyZ
10-14-2009, 12:56 AM
ya he is definetly a bright spot on this defense this year... I was worried thru the off season that he would be a bust but i am pleasantly suprised!

Bike
10-14-2009, 01:11 AM
ya he is definetly a bright spot on this defense this year... I was worried thru the off season that he would be a bust but i am pleasantly suprised!
Apparently Haley not so impressed...

pbatrucker
10-14-2009, 01:24 AM
I agree that Dorsey has played better than exspected. Fact is he is not a typical 3-4 DE. As I've stated before, if they could get a first rd pick for him and use that pick to grab someone like Suh I would have no problem with that trade.

josh1971
10-14-2009, 01:59 AM
Yeah- if we can get a 1st rounder for him, that would be great.

jb

Chiefster
10-14-2009, 02:16 AM
Apparently Haley not so impressed...

There's a couple, I guess, that Haley is not so impressed with.

texaschief
10-14-2009, 04:08 AM
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/10/13/1084192/lacanfora-league-execs-feel-chiefs#storyjump

Haley: Let's hurry up and get all the players that are showing "our" guys up, off the team.

Pioli: Workin on it...

So, not only does Jackson get to keep his starting position, but it's possible that we're getting rid of the only good DE we have on this team.... nice.

If we're not getting a top 5 pick for Dorsey, its a poor trade. Period. If they pull the trigger on this, it's going to go down as another in a long line of "questionable" moves made by this franchise.

SUCH BULLSH!T

honda522
10-14-2009, 10:14 AM
Right now, there is not too many players I am impressed with. If need be, they should go.

yashi
10-14-2009, 10:43 AM
Right now, there is not too many players I am impressed with. If need be, they should go.

We're 5 games into the first season in a new defensive scheme and you want to blow it up already?

chief31
10-14-2009, 10:47 AM

Hell yeah. The better they play, the more we need to be rid of 'em.

Bike
10-14-2009, 11:31 AM
We're 5 games into the first season in a new defensive scheme and you want to blow it up already?
At 0-5, I think Pioli/Haley will be trying to stockpile picks for the 2010 draft. Thats why imo Dorsey goes if we have any takers...

chief31
10-14-2009, 11:35 AM
At 0-5, I think Pioli/Haley will be trying to stockpile picks for the 2010 draft. Thats why imo Dorsey goes if we have any takers...

Yep. So we can trade the players we take with those draft picks, should they accidentally be any good. :D

Bike
10-14-2009, 11:39 AM
Yep. So we can trade the players we take with those draft picks, should they accidentally be any good. :D
Yep! But at least it will be THEIR players to deal with and not Herms...

chief31
10-14-2009, 11:48 AM
Yep! But at least it will be THEIR players to deal with and not Herms...

yeah. But they might want to slow down with getting rid of Herm's players. Otherwise they will run out of excuses in three or four years. I know they don't want that.

Bike
10-14-2009, 11:51 AM
yeah. But they might want to slow down with getting rid of Herm's players. Otherwise they will run out of excuses in three or four years. I know they don't want that.
Well, in 3-4 years, hopefully we won't need any excuses...:D

wolfpack
10-14-2009, 12:00 PM
Dorsey seems tobe doing better this year. But if we can get a better player go for it.
But unless its a number 1 or real high 2, forget it on draft picks.

honda522
10-14-2009, 12:58 PM
Hell yeah. The better they play, the more we need to be rid of 'em.
I am talking about players like Leggit, and Washington, and Niswanger, and Larry Johnson, Ron Edwards.

I haven't seen much of Dorsey in the pass rush. I can't say I am suprised to see him on the block. I do think he is supporting the run quite well tho.

PawnshopMarimba
10-14-2009, 02:39 PM
I can see trading DJ, but not Dorsey unless it's an insanely good deal.

wildcat
10-14-2009, 02:42 PM
I know DL in a 3-4 are supposed to occupy blockers, but we need a DE that can get to the QB too. Dorsey might wind up being great, but he does not fit our needs and he is not an ideal DE. And if he does wind up being great, it will be in a 4-3.

If other teams are starting to see his potential again, now is the time to trade him. He will probably be on the bench next year, if he is still on the roster. Pioli will find a player that fits and that player will be the starter.

Hayvern
10-14-2009, 04:08 PM
Face it guys, if Dorsey is traded, we will NOT like the deal we get. I just don't see anyone who is a contender that needs him this year and anyone who is not a contender probably has nothing of value to give.

pbatrucker
10-14-2009, 04:12 PM
I am talking about players like Leggit, and Washington, and Niswanger, and Larry Johnson, Ron Edwards.

I haven't seen much of Dorsey in the pass rush. I can't say I am suprised to see him on the block. I do think he is supporting the run quite well tho.
That's what the DE in a 3-4 are supposed to do, stop the run.
Before everyone gets their dandruf up, read Looney's report on www.kcchiefs.com (http://www.kcchiefs.com). It is unlikly Dorsey will be traded.

rammstein
10-14-2009, 04:29 PM
I agree that Dorsey has played better than exspected. Fact is he is not a typical 3-4 DE. As I've stated before, if they could get a first rd pick for him and use that pick to grab someone like Suh I would have no problem with that trade. Why would you want SUH. He is a 4-3 DT also. We can't keep trying to drive a square peg in a round hole.

pbatrucker
10-14-2009, 04:39 PM
If you've watched Suh play and know football, you know Suh can play 3-4 DE. He's tall enough, big enough and he is more than fast enough,strong enough, with a motor that doesn't stop.

yashi
10-14-2009, 04:41 PM
Our first 2 picks in the last draft were 3-4 DEs. We really need to address other positions.

Eydugstr
10-14-2009, 06:20 PM
Who would want to trade Dorsey or DJ, when we have an opportunity to let LJ go? Or try out some different offensive linemen?

matthewschiefs
10-14-2009, 06:26 PM
Hearing hailey today it seems he has not given up on dorsey like he seems to have DJ

tornadospotter
10-14-2009, 09:49 PM
Why would you want SUH. He is a 4-3 DT also. We can't keep trying to drive a square peg in a round hole.

If you've watched Suh play and know football, you know Suh can play 3-4 DE. He's tall enough, big enough and he is more than fast enough,strong enough, with a motor that doesn't stop.
YouTube - Ndamukong Suh Highlights

kcmostwanted
10-15-2009, 04:00 PM
Suh is a heck of a player... but we would need to get a top 3 pick to get the guy (Not much of a stretch if you're the chiefs). If a team such as Tampa is in front of us in the 2010 Draft then Suh is gone.

-And yes, like others have said...SUH can play 3-4 DE... his physical measures are very similar to Tyson Jackson..
6' 4" ~ 300 lbs

I really like Dorsey but he doesn't fit as a 3-4 DE... If they can get a 1st for him they should trade him, if not then I feel really bad for him because they're wasting his talent (while getting a pretty paycheck).

yashi
10-15-2009, 05:41 PM
Seriously. Can we not draft another 3-4 DE? First pick in 08 and first two picks in 09 are playing that position. How about, oh I don't know.... a position where we need a young talented starter. S or LT perhaps?

texaschief
10-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Suh is a heck of a player... but we would need to get a top 3 pick to get the guy (Not much of a stretch if you're the chiefs). If a team such as Tampa is in front of us in the 2010 Draft then Suh is gone.

-And yes, like others have said...SUH can play 3-4 DE... his physical measures are very similar to Tyson Jackson..
6' 4" ~ 300 lbs

I really like Dorsey but he doesn't fit as a 3-4 DE... If they can get a 1st for him they should trade him, if not then I feel really bad for him because they're wasting his talent (while getting a pretty paycheck).

Dorsey is playing above average at the 3-4 DE position. I'd much rather address a position that isn't even CLOSE to average before thinking we need to replace Dorsey with another DT. Now, if you want to talk about replacing Tyson Jackson, I might listen.

brish
10-15-2009, 06:30 PM
Lol TC get a grip already.. It has been 5 games.. 5!!
Sure he hasn't showed anything yet, but give him a chance..

texaschief
10-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Lol TC get a grip already.. It has been 5 games.. 5!!
Sure he hasn't showed anything yet, but give him a chance..

I didn't realize expecting more than 3 tackles in 5 games was too much to ask for from the #3 pick overall. The pressure on Jackson at this point in the season isn't even CLOSE to the pressure that was put on Dorsey last year.

I have no delusions about Jackson making the Pro Bowl. But when the pick was such an obvious reach compounded by the horrible O-line play and the breakout player that is Aaron Curry, 2 solo tackles and 2 assts in 5 games becomes magnified.

If you DON'T view Jackson as a disappointment at this point in the season, you're kidding yourself.

yashi
10-15-2009, 07:38 PM
I didn't realize expecting more than 3 tackles in 5 games was too much to ask for from the #3 pick overall. The pressure on Jackson at this point in the season isn't even CLOSE to the pressure that was put on Dorsey last year.

I have no delusions about Jackson making the Pro Bowl. But when the pick was such an obvious reach compounded by the horrible O-line play and the breakout player that is Aaron Curry, 2 solo tackles and 2 assts in 5 games becomes magnified.

If you DON'T view Jackson as a disappointment at this point in the season, you're kidding yourself.

He is a disappointment for sure, but like all defensive linemen I'll wait to evaluate him much until next season. That's what I was telling people to do with Dorsey and many were labeling him a bust of gigantic proportions too soon. It turns out he's doing pretty well now.

Seeing Aaron Curry be a complete stud does make me cry a little bit. Everyone was saying he couldn't rush the passer, yet he would be tied with Hali and Gilberry for the most sacks on our team right now with his current stats.

texaschief
10-15-2009, 07:55 PM
He is a disappointment for sure, but like all defensive linemen I'll wait to evaluate him much until next season. That's what I was telling people to do with Dorsey and many were labeling him a bust of gigantic proportions too soon. It turns out he's doing pretty well now.

Seeing Aaron Curry be a complete stud does make me cry a little bit. Everyone was saying he couldn't rush the passer, yet he would be tied with Hali and Gilberry for the most sacks on our team right now with his current stats.

The problem I have is that our #3 pick isn't showing any contribution to this team THIS SEASON when we DESPERATELY needed them to. I realize defensive linemen take time to develop. But there are other positions this team needed to address before wasting a pick on a player who's going to take a few years to develop just to become serviceable. TJ was brought in because "we had NOBODY who could play 3-4 DE," and he's currently being outplayed by two players who were already here.

THAT'S A HUGE blunder when you look at the performances by some of the other positions on this team that could've been addressed with that pick.

KCSDFAN
10-15-2009, 08:16 PM
I was watching total access and they are saying Dorsey and DJ are both on the trading block if offers come in good enough for them.

WOW

I actually am really impressed with dorsey this year and think that would be a huge mistake.

*edit i didn't read the trade deadline thread* FAIL

Heard possible trade to SD but that can't be right??? Poli wouldn't trade Dorsey to an AFC West team would he??

josh1971
10-15-2009, 10:25 PM
Heard possible trade to SD but that can't be right??? Poli wouldn't trade Dorsey to an AFC West team would he??

No- the ESPN report said that SD is in need of a 3-4 NT guy, but that Pioli wasn't likely to make a trade in the division.

jb

chief31
10-16-2009, 12:49 AM

Oh, those guys.

:D

jtandcrew
10-16-2009, 01:45 AM
:bananen_smilies046: :beer: I did not read eveyones comments. Saying that? I say we go back to the 4-3 def! Dorsey Hali etc, would be better in that position. Yes, Hali was being built up to be the 2nd coming of DT. DJ is on the block atm. He has proven that he can be a kick *** OLB (maybe mlb). We have more lineman that can (somewhat) get the job done and less lb's!:bananen_smilies046: :beer:

OPLookn
10-16-2009, 01:55 AM

If the rest of the defense was kicking butt and taking names I'd say that Jackson needs to shape up with some leeway because he's still in his first year, but the fact is this defense gives up just as many yards if not MORE than last years!

Everyone was calling for Dorsey's head on a platter last year and now he's doing great and we should keep him. We've got so many other big things to take care of than a rookie defensive lineman's play right now. With that said...what position will we be drafting with our first round pick in 2010? My hope is a o-line (T) but I'm afraid we'll go NT or a safety to replace Brown(which wouldn't break my heart!

brish
10-16-2009, 03:22 AM
We really could use a a stud Safety though.. But obviously we have to fix the o-line.
If nothing else, to protect our franchise QB..

Chieffaninfl
10-16-2009, 09:44 AM
D linemen usually take some time to develop. We need to keep Dorsey!

KottkeKU
10-16-2009, 08:03 PM
My vote is to keep both Dorsey and Tyson Jackson... dont worry about TJ, We reached on him because Pioli knows he is going to be a good player (maybe no R.Seymour, but its hard to find these 3-4 DE's...)

you guys are giving up on TJ WAYYYY too early...Dorsey is only his 2nd season too, he is only going to get better as well...look at them in their 4th and 5th years in the league and then you can start evaluating fairly...

I still think TJ is going to be a beast for us in the future...mentally, i really like him....just wait till his physical tools develop....

And everyone knew Curry was going to be a good player, but you cant give a LB 30 million as a rookie...i actually like our LB's right now...Hali has proved to be serviceable, and Vrabel is a good presence, and the other two spots are being competively held by Mays and Williams believe it or not...DJ just cant stay healthy to be a good player in this league...

we could still use a good linebacker in the 2nd - 4th round next year tho