PDA

View Full Version : Michael Vick Fighting Dogs Since 2001 Says Father

Sweets
08-24-2007, 12:41 AM
Michael Vick's father said he pushed his son to quit dogfighting years ago or, at least, put property used for the fights in the name of friends to avoid being implicated some day. Michael Boddie, in two sometimes tearful interviews with The Atlanta Journal-Constitution this week, said some time around 2001 his son staged dogfights in the garage of the family's home in Newport News, Va. Boddie also said Vick kept fighting dogs in the family's backyard, including injured ones "bit up, chewed up, exhausted" that the father nursed back to health. Boddie, who is estranged from his son, dismissed the idea that Vick's longtime friends were the main instigators of the dogfighting operation. "I wish people would stop sugarcoating it," Boddie said. "This is Mike's thing. And he knows it." He "likes it, and he has the capital to have a set up like that." Boddie said he intends to write a damaging book about more of what he knows.

Source: Matt Kempner, Atlanta Journal-Constitution (http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/08/23/vickdad_0824.html)

Chiefster
08-24-2007, 02:10 AM
Although it sounds as if he may have an ax to grind he may well have the inside track to a man with a sick, sick mind.

Sweets
08-24-2007, 11:16 AM
Or maybe where Michael learned his morals?? or lack of??

sling58
08-24-2007, 11:17 AM
I think Vick will get off easy. I think the book should be thrown at him if he is guilty but he will get away with a fine

Sweets
08-24-2007, 11:24 AM
I honestly think he'll definitely do jail time in prison.

sling58
08-24-2007, 11:25 AM

If he does it will be Martha Stewart jail. IMO

Sweets
08-24-2007, 11:28 AM
Well I don't think he'll be in with Bubba from Oz especially with the length of his eyelashes.

Chiefster
08-24-2007, 02:06 PM
I think Vick will get off easy. I think the book should be thrown at him if he is guilty but he will get away with a fine

Well that is his current plea.

Chiefster
08-24-2007, 02:07 PM
Or maybe where Michael learned his morals?? or lack of??

I'm thinking the latter.

Chiefster
08-24-2007, 02:09 PM

He should serve his time Shawshank " style.

AkChief49
08-26-2007, 05:18 PM
The guy deserves the stiffest sentence they can give him. I hope the Falcons get their money back too!! My opinion of him is just...thug! the NFL should ban him also.jmho!

Chiefster
08-27-2007, 10:58 PM
The guy deserves the stiffest sentence they can give him. I hope the Falcons get their money back too!! My opinion of him is just...thug! the NFL should ban him also.jmho!

...An opinion you and I share.

Canada
08-28-2007, 12:21 AM
Is this thread called Micheal Vick fighting dogs? That would be funny to see!!

Chiefster
08-28-2007, 12:29 AM
Is this thread called Micheal Vick fighting dogs? That would be funny to see!!

Yup; throw him in a pit with about four mean and hungery pit bulls.

Canada
08-28-2007, 12:32 AM
Yup; throw him in a pit with about four mean and hungery pit bulls.

....but how could we ever do that on his "first day rehabilitaion" He needs to find out who Micheal Vick is.:lol:

Chiefster
08-28-2007, 12:34 AM
....but how could we ever do that on his "first day rehabilitaion" He needs to find out who Micheal Vick is.:lol:

I can tell Michael Vick who he is....the term idiot comes to mind. :D

Canada
08-28-2007, 12:36 AM
I can tell Michael Vick who he is....the term idiot comes to mind. :D

I was watching Monday Night Talk about Vick and then a football game broke out. Harrington played pretty well. Something like 17/31 169 yrds (i think) no picks (Brodie take notes)

Chiefster
08-28-2007, 12:38 AM
I was watching Monday Night Talk about Vick and then a football game broke out. Harrington played pretty well. Something like 17/31 169 yrds (i think) no picks (Brodie take notes)

No doubt.

rbedgood
08-28-2007, 04:48 AM
Na-Na-Na-na
Na-Na-Na-na
Na-Na-Na-na
Hey-hey-hey
Good bye

Throw him behind bars for 4 years...effectively ending his NFL career. If he was smart he'd have worked something out to go behind bars today and start serving time before the sentence is announced...that way if he gets 12 months he can meet w/ Goodell and start his NFL suspension next year...but he's not SMART

Chiefster
08-28-2007, 12:20 PM
Na-Na-Na-na
Na-Na-Na-na
Na-Na-Na-na
Hey-hey-hey
Good bye

Throw him behind bars for 4 years...effectively ending his NFL career. If he was smart he'd have worked something out to go behind bars today and start serving time before the sentence is announced...that way if he gets 12 months he can meet w/ Goodell and start his NFL suspension next year...but he's not SMART

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18862&postcount=16
:D