PDA

View Full Version : If Cassel doesn't look like he's the QBOTF would they draft Colt McCoy?

King_of_the_Cassel
10-16-2009, 02:46 AM
I like everyone else agree that KC needs o-line more than anything. The only question is if we get one of the top three picks and can get a Colt McCoy do we do it?

I would say draft him and then trade him for a 1st and a second and maybe more. Since we need more than 1 o-lineman this would give us a chance to get more and spend less.

What do you think?

josh1971
10-16-2009, 03:52 AM
Dude, seriously...

with the ginormous font again...

And no- dudes who sound like they should be heroes in horrible westerns should not be on our team. Cassell will work out just fine.

DT14PRIEST
10-16-2009, 03:55 AM
That would probably be one of the dumbest moves in NFL history.

The FO (Pioli) has staked his credentials and his reputation on Cassel by giving him that 6-yr/$60 million dollar contract.

I can in no way shape or form see the Chiefs drafting Colt McCoy only to use him in some convoluted draft day trade scenario.

If anything, if their was a team desperate enough to reach for McCoy the Chiefs could trade out of their draft position

Sn@keIze
10-16-2009, 04:39 AM
King of the Cassell, you def seem like a chief fan which i admire.

But you start the dumbest threads ever. sorry.

Why even start this thread. Matt is our QBOTF. He just threw for 250+ yds. and 2 TDs.with argueably the worst pass protection I have ever seen.

And when i say the worst pass protection i have ever seen I am not being sarcastic.

brish
10-16-2009, 04:45 AM
Why use the big annoying font? Why?!

No Cassel is our QB..

pbatrucker
10-16-2009, 05:43 AM
NO TO THE BIG FONT AND NO TO MCcOY.

Chieffaninfl
10-16-2009, 08:03 AM
Cassel is doing pretty good for having no o-line, and no running game,and no big threat recievers to throw to. He is our qbotf!! give him something to work with and watch him shine!!!

yashi
10-16-2009, 08:05 AM
McCoy would be lucky to even be a 1st round pick.

Cassel is playing fine. This thread is dumb.

Bike
10-16-2009, 08:08 AM
I like everyone else agree that KC needs o-line more than anything. The only question is if we get one of the top three picks and can get a Colt McCoy do we do it?

I would say draft him and then trade him for a 1st and a second and maybe more. Since we need more than 1 o-lineman this would give us a chance to get more and spend less.

What do you think?
STOP IT.

loyalchief91
10-16-2009, 09:16 AM
Cassell is fine. He is our QBOTF

honda522
10-16-2009, 10:53 AM
Cassel is fine, this thread needs to be shut down.

matthewschiefs
10-16-2009, 11:49 AM
Honestly i think putting a rookie QB behind the current O line is the dumbest thing that the chiefs could do. It would be nothing but trouble.

King_of_the_Cassel
10-17-2009, 02:14 AM
I used big font cause I know that anal retentive people who criticize others typically have poor vision...lol Okay, no more big font...

Chiefster
10-17-2009, 02:34 AM
:lol:

I love this thread!

hometeam
10-17-2009, 11:09 AM
even if they dont think cassel is the qbotf, they wont go out and take a first round QB, especially colt mccoy.

brish
10-17-2009, 12:56 PM
I used big font cause I know that anal retentive people who criticize others typically have poor vision...lol Okay, no more big font...

Thank you! I will sacrifice a goat for you, or maybe a kitten.. :D

KottkeKU
10-17-2009, 03:09 PM
No thanks on any QB in this year's draft...i will stick with Cassel...

I want Eric Berry, or USC's Taylor Mays (i think its Taylor Mays...)

We need a top safety for this defense to stop giving up so many pass plays...

matthewschiefs
10-17-2009, 05:58 PM
No thanks on any QB in this year's draft...i will stick with Cassel...

I want Eric Berry, or USC's Taylor Mays (i think its Taylor Mays...)

We need a top safety for this defense to stop giving up so many pass plays...

First things first O line help.

texaschief
10-17-2009, 06:44 PM
I'm a HUGE Longhorn fan and a HUGE fan of Colt McCoy as the QB of the Texas Longhorns... but I swear, if they draft McCoy as the future of this team, that'll be it for my support of Pioli.

Pro_Angler
10-18-2009, 07:12 PM
I say we get #1 or #2 pick and we trade down a few nd get a additional #1 or 2 and a 3.

Vanilla Garilla
10-18-2009, 08:31 PM
Matt is our QB and for the future. He does not throw stupid picks, manages the game fairly well, and is the type of leader we need on this team. Colt McCoy no way in hell. Its gonna be an O Lineman for sure.

matthewschiefs
10-18-2009, 08:48 PM
Matt is our QB and for the future. He does not throw stupid picks, manages the game fairly well, and is the type of leader we need on this team. Colt McCoy no way in hell. Its gonna be an O Lineman for sure.

Matt made one mistake today that was bad but it did not turn the ball over. I agree I think he could be the Qb of the future. And again putting a rookie qb behind the current oline would be stupid. O LINE help first agreed.

Hayvern
10-18-2009, 08:51 PM

What do you think?

I say if we are not drafting the best, most talented, fattest, over eating, offensive lineman in the draft, we need to be trading our pick to get said offensive lineman.

NO QBs, RBs, WRs or Defensive lineman need to apply.

Seek
10-19-2009, 12:47 PM
No way. It is already provent that drafting a QB is a serious risk. Then to consider there is no O-line in fron of that QB. Big Mistake,

Fact of the matter, I thinkt he Chiefs would be competitive next year if they fix the offensive line.

The defense isn't horrible. It is just on the field a ton and eventually they break down. Fix the Offensive line, give the defense a break in a once and a while and this team will be winning some games.

If this team had an offensive line, we would easily be 3-3 right now.

SIC J
10-19-2009, 12:52 PM
Once Cassel gets some decent time to throw, he's going to be awesome. I wasn't too sure how he would do since he came from the Pats who had a great O-line and great WR's, but he is definately making a name for himself. Job well done by Cassel so far.

pbatrucker
10-19-2009, 01:07 PM
Nextyears free agents are not strong in OL so I believe that help will have to come from the draft.
That being said there are four or five players in the first round that would look real good in a Chiefs uniform and all will be hard to pass up. Okung, Mays, Suh and Cody would all help.

Seek
10-19-2009, 01:17 PM
Nextyears free agents are not strong in OL so I believe that help will have to come from the draft.
That being said there are four or five players in the first round that would look real good in a Chiefs uniform and all will be hard to pass up. Okung, Mays, Suh and Cody would all help.

I don't think the Chiefs are interested in signing any Free agents other than short term fixes that can't be adressed in the draft.

I think Pioli and Haley understand that when you by a free agent. You are over spending, and that player is usually a product of a system or the other team wouldn't have let him hit Free agency without some sort of tag on them.

The offensive line has to be built through the draft or a trade.

SIC J
10-19-2009, 01:22 PM
I don't think the Chiefs are interested in signing any Free agents other than short term fixes that can't be adressed in the draft.

I think Pioli and Haley understand that when you by a free agent. You are over spending, and that player is usually a product of a system or the other team wouldn't have let him hit Free agency without some sort of tag on them.

At the same time, most of the people in the draft end up sucking or become a big disappoint in the NFL. So either way you're taking a chance.

pbatrucker
10-19-2009, 01:29 PM

I agree with building from the draft, I was only pointing out that the free agent fixes for next year were limited.