PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you think DT sack record could be broke?

ARKIESTEEL
10-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Just was wondering. If James Harrison gets on a roll this weekend playing the browns he might could get 4 or 5, getting 7 in a game would be a handful.

pbatrucker
10-16-2009, 03:36 PM
I'm sure someone will break DT's record, when I'm not sure.

loyalchief91
10-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Maybe.. if somebody gets hot it could happen

ARKIESTEEL
10-16-2009, 03:39 PM
I wonder in that Game that DT had all them sacks if the coach ever thought about asking the dudes to maybe try blocking LOL

wildcat
10-16-2009, 08:49 PM
Dave Krieg may not have been the greatest QB, but at least he was smart. I believe it was the year after DT sacked him seven times in a game that he made sure that could never happen again. He did this by joining the Chiefs!

I suspect most of you already realize that, but it's still a good story. I miss DT.

alexim58
10-16-2009, 09:36 PM
Eventually some will break the record, even it had been long time since DT recorded 7 sacks, but right now I don't see someone with the same skill that Derrick's own.

Many former players said that Derricks was so fast, some times seems he know where the QB count is gonna be.

Sometimes even the best OL at the time looks slow against DT.

He was IMO the last pure OLB Pass Rusher.

Besides he got the freedom to choose were he's gonna be into the formation.

Besides today Offensive Systems are different they release the ball faster.

Big Daddy Tek
10-16-2009, 10:14 PM
I wonder how many sacks Derrick would have against the Chiefs current O-line? WOW!

honda522
10-16-2009, 11:07 PM
I don't think it will happen..might get close..James Harrison sucks, he isn't really that smart, so don't think he can do it. How many sacks has Cleavland given up this year?

matthewschiefs
10-17-2009, 01:03 AM
I would just hope that if the record falls its a chief that does it.

Chiefster
10-17-2009, 01:04 AM
Records were made to be broken.

Chieffaninfl
10-17-2009, 08:41 PM
I wonder how many sacks Derrick would have against the Chiefs current O-line? WOW!

That would be very scary! 10 by halftime!! LOL

texaschief
10-17-2009, 08:50 PM
Could happen AGAINST the Chiefs sometime this year if the Chiefs insist on playing offense. :lol:

Connie Jo
10-18-2009, 12:11 AM
Well, for obvious sentimental reasons...I hope DT's record is never broken. If it is broken in the future, it would be less sad if a Chief did it, and of whom proclaims DT as an inspiration.

honda522
10-18-2009, 12:40 AM
Records were made to be broken.
....but some can't.

Connie Jo
10-18-2009, 02:31 AM
NFL Films (video) has this video footage segment of DT's Sack Record against Seattle & Kreig:

NFL Videos: Derrick Thomas sack record (http://www.nfl.com/videos/kansas-city-chiefs/09000d5d81195a47/Derrick-Thomas-sack-record)

I have it saved to my PC also, but it requires a VLC player download, which is free & I have, but can't share without others having the VLC player too.

Connie Jo
10-18-2009, 02:39 AM
Oh the memories! I remember DT talking about the sack he missed in that sack record Seattle game. That was another moment DT often talked about as being most memorable when reflecting on his career..."the one I missed", haha.

ARKIESTEEL
10-19-2009, 08:54 AM
I don't think it will happen..might get close..James Harrison sucks, he isn't really that smart, so don't think he can do it. How many sacks has Cleavland given up this year?

So I guess you wouldnt want James Harrison on your team...........................come on man nobody came over here talking bad about your team or any of your players and you know for a fact that he does not suck.

So where does the hate come from. I guess if you think he still sucks you will have a chance to see just how well your O-line keeps him off your QB Nov. 22nd.

I wont argue or fight with any of you I will let Mr. Harrison defend his suckiness. LOL

AkChief49
10-19-2009, 06:32 PM
So I guess you wouldnt want James Harrison on your team...........................come on man nobody came over here talking bad about your team or any of your players and you know for a fact that he does not suck.

So where does the hate come from. I guess if you think he still sucks you will have a chance to see just how well your O-line keeps him off your QB Nov. 22nd.

I wont argue or fight with any of you I will let Mr. Harrison defend his suckiness. LOLI'd take Harrison any day!Can we have him?:bananen_smilies046:

Bike
10-19-2009, 10:39 PM
Huh? Did you realize that James Harrison was last years' NFL Defensive Player Of The Year?

honda522
10-19-2009, 10:41 PM

I wont argue or fight with any of you I will let Mr. Harrison defend his suckiness. LOL
No, I wouldn't. He is dumb, I am dead serious about him being really dumb. We don't need dumb players on our team, we need smart ones.

ARKIESTEEL
10-20-2009, 08:28 AM
No, I wouldn't. He is dumb, I am dead serious about him being really dumb. We don't need dumb players on our team, we need smart ones.

Ok sounds like you have your mind made up. I didnt know that you had given Mr. Harrison an IQ test? I kind of think that it is a bad read to call him dumb ever thing I have read about him says he just doesnt like being in the spot light outside of the game and that he hates giving interveiws so he keeps his answers short and too the point. Oh well I am glad he is a Steeler and would hate for our QB to have to look out for him. You keep your "smart" players I will take the ones that earn NFL defensive player of the year awards and ones that hold the longest play in Super Bowl history.

SIC J
10-20-2009, 12:43 PM

I think its dumb that you wouldnt want him on the team. In fact, I think EVERYONE here probably thinks its dumb you said that.

Harrison is a GREAT player.