PDA

View Full Version : Kolby Smith !

YZILLA
10-17-2009, 03:03 AM
I for one hope he comes back and runs like a beast and puts LJ on the Bench ! I have met this guy and have a football and an autographed picture of this guy ! he was extremely nice to my son and I and He wants to win ! I am really rooting for him to do well , Ok Ive said it ! let the bashing begin ! But I like this kid and he plays hard and runs big and hits the holes like LJ of Old !

chief31
10-17-2009, 03:13 AM
I for one hope he comes back and runs like a beast and puts LJ on the Bench ! I have met this guy and have a football and an autographed picture of this guy ! he was extremely nice to my son and I and He wants to win ! I am really rooting for him to do well , Ok Ive said it ! let the bashing begin ! But I like this kid and he plays hard and runs big and hits the holes like LJ of Old !

Nothing for me to bash here. LJ is unable to get it done right now, no matter where you want to place the blame. So might as well give someone else a shot.

Hopefully, that will make a difference.

Sn@keIze
10-17-2009, 07:20 AM
I for one hope he comes back and runs like a beast and puts LJ on the Bench !But I like this kid and he plays hard and runs big and hits the holes like LJ of Old !What holes? Do you see holes the O line is creating?

Nothing for me to bash here. LJ is unable to get it done right now, no matter where you want to place the blame. So might as well give someone else a shot.

Hopefully, that will make a difference.This may be hard considering he has no stats this year and is on the PUP list.

Dont know why he isnt released by now. Maybe they see something in him. I hope they do.

rodu
10-17-2009, 09:50 AM
When was the last time he even played?

matthewschiefs
10-17-2009, 10:01 AM
Kolby could be good i dont no that right now he would be able to do anything that LJ cant but its worth a shot to see.

honda522
10-17-2009, 10:35 AM
Yea, its a real shame he got hurt last year.

hometeam
10-17-2009, 11:08 AM
When he did get carrys he showed promise.

That being said, I think our line is even worse than last year, and just hope that he can gain any sort of better positive yardage than we are getting out of LJ~

brish
10-17-2009, 11:09 AM
I liked what he did last year (what little we got to see), but the fact is we have no idea what he is going to be like until he starts practicing and playing.
Right now the running game can't get much worse..

yashi
10-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Kolby Smith and his career 3.4 YPC. Let's not get too excited about him being back just yet.

brish
10-17-2009, 12:54 PM
Kolby Smith and his career 3.4 YPC. Let's not get too excited about him being back just yet.

Thats still 1.2 more than LJ :D

No you are right, but he did have that good game last year against Oakland(?) where he ran for 150 some yards.
Right now im just looking for positives and hope where ever I can. :beer:

josh1971
10-17-2009, 01:57 PM

3.4 > 2.4, so I'll be more excited about him than I am about LJ starting another week.

Unless LJ is going to shut me up by having an explosive, breakout week.

jb908
10-17-2009, 02:05 PM
There won't be a breakout week against Washington. Unless Haynesworth doesn't play

matthewschiefs
10-17-2009, 05:57 PM
There won't be a breakout week against Washington. Unless Haynesworth doesn't play
Haynesworth is not haveing the same year he did a year ago but is still very good. Thats the big thing that scares me about this game. Him against the o line of the chiefs. If the chiefs can score Touchdowns instead of fieldgoals they will win.

kilobytes
10-17-2009, 09:39 PM
You people are comparing Smith's YPC to LJ's of this year?!?!?! YOU CANT COMPARE!!! The o line this year is WORSE!!!!!!

Smith I was never impressed with. Smith will be garbage behind this o line.

DT14PRIEST
10-17-2009, 09:40 PM
3.4 > 2.4, so I'll be more excited about him than I am about LJ starting another week.

Unless LJ is going to shut me up by having an explosive, breakout week.

mmm if we're going by career numbers

Larry 4.4 > Kolby 3.4

or by the season...

Larry 2.4 > Kolby 0

But Larry is looking more and more like a turd so I don't really care who gets the ball on run plays anymore as long as it doesn't involve Cassel scrambling...

brish
10-20-2009, 05:59 PM
I just watched the Josh Looney podcast for tonight, and he talked some about Kolby Smith.
It sounds like Looney really likes Smith, he says he is looking like and I quote: "A beast!".
He showed some footage of Smith from last years game against the Raiders. Holy smoke!!

Now I know this o-line is crap.. But when you look at the explosiveness of Smith vs LJ.. It's like night and day!
LJ looks slow on the first 3-4 yards (in the backfield) where as Smith just explodes of the snap.

Im not praising him as the second comming of LT, but I think he warrants some interrest and an extra look.

My biggest concern is the knee, that was a bad injury, but by all accounts he is in the shape of his life..

SIC J
10-20-2009, 06:20 PM
I just watched the Josh Looney podcast for tonight, and he talked some about Kolby Smith.
It sounds like Looney really likes Smith, he says he is looking like and I quote: "A beast!".
He showed some footage of Smith from last years game against the Raiders. Holy smoke!!

Now I know this o-line is crap.. But when you look at the explosiveness of Smith vs LJ.. It's like night and day!
LJ looks slow on the first 3-4 yards (in the backfield) where as Smith just explodes of the snap.

Im not praising him as the second comming of LT, but I think he warrants some interrest and an extra look.

My biggest concern is the knee, that was a bad injury, but by all accounts he is in the shape of his life..

It was against a terrible Raiders defense. It didn't really matter who was running the ball, the result would've been the same.

I'd like to see some more action from him before a real opinion can be formed. But with a bad knee injury like that, you're never really the same.

LargoChief
10-21-2009, 07:17 PM
I can't wait to see him play.

yashi
10-21-2009, 08:42 PM
One thing I always noticed about Kolby though was that he's really good at squirting through for an extra yard or two when there's nothing there. That's something LJ hasn't been able to do.