PDA

View Full Version : Will Holmes even make the 53 man roster?

sling58
08-24-2007, 08:29 AM
What is the opinion on Priest making the final roster? I don't know how to make a bet poll so Chiefs31 might have to take care of that for me.

Chiefster
08-24-2007, 08:49 AM
If King Carl ever gets off his butt and activates him.

rbedgood
08-25-2007, 02:03 AM
If he is on the PUP, is that considered making the roster...I personally think they'll leave him on the PUP until midseason and then decide what to do. If they are happy with the current RB mix, and have no injuries they'll likely release him at that point, or IR (if that's an option)...if they feel they could use him or they have an injury issue, they'll activate him

Guru
08-25-2007, 02:13 AM
Need a third option there bud. He will be on PUP. That is NOT making the roster. Guess that technically means NO.

Chiefster
08-25-2007, 03:37 AM
Need a third option there bud. He will be on PUP. That is NOT making the roster. Guess that technically means NO.

Yeah but he could be activated at any point throughout the season. :D

sling58
08-27-2007, 02:21 PM

If you can add that on there go ahead or is there someway I can add that?

rbedgood
08-27-2007, 03:24 PM
Ahh...I voted "no" before the PUP option was available...I would've selected PUP...oh well

wolfpack
08-27-2007, 03:29 PM
just let him play and see what happens. if he does good against the rams fine but just get this over with.

Chiefster
08-27-2007, 10:14 PM
just let him play and see what happens. if he does good against the rams fine but just get this over with.

Ahhh! But, that's not drama queen Carl's style.

rbedgood
08-28-2007, 03:33 AM
Letting Priest play in the preseason would be best for Priest, but the team with its current mix of RBs is better letting him rot on the PUP for the first half of the season. They don't need him right now. And if they do it'll be later in the season if they aren't getting enough quality touches from the RBs not named Larry, or if injuries decrease their depth. However if they allow him to put his helmet on now, they lose the flexibility of using the PUP list for the first 6-8 weeks of the season. Its not nice, it's pissing of Priest, but it is the best for the team's roster situation

Chiefster
08-28-2007, 11:12 AM
Letting Priest play in the preseason would be best for Priest, but the team with its current mix of RBs is better letting him rot on the PUP for the first half of the season. They don't need him right now. And if they do it'll be later in the season if they aren't getting enough quality touches from the RBs not named Larry, or if injuries decrease their depth. However if they allow him to put his helmet on now, they lose the flexibility of using the PUP list for the first 6-8 weeks of the season. Its not nice, it's pissing of Priest, but it is the best for the team's roster situation

I understand what you're saying, but whatever happened to creating competition?

(Just devils advocate here.)

rbedgood
08-28-2007, 11:05 PM
What Priest at this point in his career was going to be competition for LJ...how? I understand you were being the devil's advocate...but you know the team has no incentive/motivation to activate Priest unless they need him come midseason...

Additionally if you creat competition at RB, the theory then would be that you'd require LJ to be on the field to keep his #1 spot...ummm. Who wants him on the field in the preseason more than the 1-2 series this week?! Anyone who just raised their hand wears Bolts or one of those lame foam horse heads on Sundays.

tornadospotter
08-28-2007, 11:21 PM
:mob:
Get him off the PUP and let him pratice with the team, take some hits, see what he can offer to the team. If you can't practice with the team, how can you be a part of the team. Take him of the PUP, lets see if he cane make a come back, not as a feature back, but in the mix.

rbedgood
08-29-2007, 12:01 AM
Get him off the PUP and let him pratice with the team, take some hits, see what he can offer to the team. If you can't practice with the team, how can you be a part of the team. Take him of the PUP, lets see if he cane make a come back, not as a feature back, but in the mix.

There's just no advantage to the team at this point. If they remove him from the PUP they lose all flexibility. Even if he is an improvement over Bennett or others for the 2nd/3rd spot on the depth chart, that means they lose a roster spot they could use on someone else. The 2nd/3rd backs aren't going to get a lot of action, but he could be a great midseason addition of say Bennett or KSmith were injured or flop at the start of the season. :beer:

p.s. I'm not saying this is right...but it is the optimal way for the team to play the NFL rules and regulations in their favor.

Chiefster
08-29-2007, 06:29 AM

Agreed!

There's just no advantage to the team at this point. If they remove him from the PUP they lose all flexibility. Even if he is an improvement over Bennett or others for the 2nd/3rd spot on the depth chart, that means they lose a roster spot they could use on someone else. The 2nd/3rd backs aren't going to get a lot of action, but he could be a great midseason addition of say Bennett or KSmith were injured or flop at the start of the season. :beer:

p.s. I'm not saying this is right...but it is the optimal way for the team to play the NFL rules and regulations in their favor.

This is also true; I just think it stinks!

Less filling/Tastes great!

chief31
08-29-2007, 06:15 PM

:lol: !!! There's no advantage to having Priest Holmes on the roster. :lol: !!! No offense there, bedgood, but a backfield with Larry Johnson and Priest Holmes, both, is a pretty good reason. I realize what you are getting at, with working down to a 53 man roster, but saying that there is no advantage to allowing him to compete for a job is a huge oversight.

Where I get angry, is having heard C.P tell us that Priest deserves a chance to make a comeback, but then to block his attempt, a couple weeks later. "Priest deserves an opportunity to make a comeback, but I am going to do whatever it takes to ensure that he doesn't get that opportunity." What a class act.

Canada
08-29-2007, 06:17 PM
:lol: !!! There's no advantage to having Priest Holmes on the roster. :lol: !!! No offense there, bedgood, but a backfield with Larry Johnson and Priest Holmes, both, is a pretty good reason. I realize what you are getting at, with working down to a 53 man roster, but saying that there is no advantage to allowing him to compete for a job is a huge oversight.

Where I get angry, is having heard C.P tell us that Priest deserves a chance to make a comeback, but then to block his attempt, a couple weeks later. "Priest deserves an opportunity to make a comeback, but I am going to do whatever it takes to ensure that he doesn't get that opportunity." What an ***.

Fixed yer reply!! :bananen_smilies046:

rbedgood
08-29-2007, 06:46 PM

Where I get angry, is having heard C.P tell us that Priest deserves a chance to make a comeback, but then to block his attempt, a couple weeks later. "Priest deserves an opportunity to make a comeback, but I am going to do whatever it takes to ensure that he doesn't get that opportunity." What a class act.

You're right...saying there is "no advantage" wasn't considering all factors. However in the big picture considering all the factors it is not advantageous.

Chiefster
08-30-2007, 12:24 AM

Ditto!!!!

Fixed yer reply!! :bananen_smilies046:

Why yes; yes you did! :lol::bananen_smilies046:

Sweets
09-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Well I guess the bets can be paid out now, Priest isn't going to be playing at all this season..

Chiefster
09-01-2007, 09:53 PM
Well I guess the bets can be paid out now, Priest isn't going to be playing at all this season..

...or any other I'd almost wager.

Sweets
09-01-2007, 11:23 PM
Any other what??

Chiefster
09-02-2007, 05:25 AM
Any other what??

...Season.

Note the part of your reply I have emboldened.