PDA

View Full Version : Larry Johnson

obsessed
10-18-2009, 08:25 PM
What! I am outraged, no post slamming him this week? Figures we win and and no fingers get pointed at LJ =)

Miller
10-18-2009, 08:32 PM
He ran hard and made some defenders miss. That is why he is not getting slammed

Vanilla Garilla
10-18-2009, 08:35 PM

Exactly! He played like he is capable of, which means we don't get mad at him.

You ever work with someone that does not do their job? Nobody likes that person because they bring the whole team down, and that is kind of how LJ has been for a couple years.

matthewschiefs
10-18-2009, 08:43 PM
What! I am outraged, no post slamming him this week? Figures we win and and no fingers get pointed at LJ =)

ok i will slam him for ummmm i dont no. The guy had a good game. why hateing him when he preforms.

Hayvern
10-18-2009, 08:47 PM
Yeah, for the first time in a long time, Johnson finally did his job. Maybe he had some more opportunities, maybe it was all him, but he JUST did his job this week.

I am sorry, I cannot read too much into this win though, I am happy we won, but the Redskins played a horrible game this week and we again BARELY beat them. We got a win, but if the same team that played against the Ravens and Cowboys had showed up, it would not have been such a bad game.

How many passes hit receivers right in the hands today that should have been caught? Many more than were over or underthrown. We also still had problems on the offensive line and our defense was not tackling well.

It would good to see DJ in the game though, I hope we continue to see things from him.

Vanilla Garilla
10-18-2009, 08:52 PM
How many passes hit receivers right in the hands today that should have been caught?

That is what i am terribly sick of seeing, like madden always said "If you get your hands on the ball, you gotta catch it?"

I get disgusted with some of our receivers sometimes (every Sunday) after the many, many dropped passes.

But hey we got a win today, and now i dont feel like we are the ******* child of the NFL.

Hayvern
10-18-2009, 08:55 PM
That is what i am terribly sick of seeing, like madden always said "If you get your hands on the ball, you gotta catch it?"

I get disgusted with some of our receivers sometimes (every Sunday) after the many, many dropped passes.

But hey we got a win today, and now i dont feel like we are the ******* child of the NFL.

Saw the power rankings for all teams today, we are not in the top ten, but we are also not in the worse five. The Raiders were ranked the worse, that is always music to my ears!

Sn@keIze
10-18-2009, 08:55 PM
As with any team in the NFL. A runner is only as good as his O line.

LJ is a good RB. just needs some cast to go with him.

He needs competant recieving to loosin up run defenders.
just like recievers need him so the DBs will tighten up.

LJ is gettn a bad rap. LJ is playin the cards the best he can.

Dont believe me. Then lets see what Charles, Smith or whoever can do. Oh wait, we already did.

greg3564
10-18-2009, 09:15 PM
My issue is do we keep him next year. He's turning 30 next month and by the time that O line gets it's act together and we start posting winning seasons he'll be 32 or 33 depending on how quick that happens. He did well today. But, 83 yards against a suspect defense isn't anything to celebrate. Still no TD's either. I would have much rather dumped him and kept Gonzalez. My guess is the Chiefs will keep him until it is no longer profitable to do so based on his ridiculous contract. Hopefully LJ does decent down the stretch and we can finally trade him. I'd like to see the other young guys playing more. We have nothing to lose by playing them. I don't think we can gauge a RB by playing him a few times in a game here and there. Let's start some of these dudes and see what they can do.

Three7s
10-18-2009, 09:58 PM
My issue is do we keep him next year. He's turning 30 next month and by the time that O line gets it's act together and we start posting winning seasons he'll be 32 or 33 depending on how quick that happens. He did well today. But, 83 yards against a suspect defense isn't anything to celebrate. Still no TD's either. I would have much rather dumped him and kept Gonzalez. My guess is the Chiefs will keep him until it is no longer profitable to do so based on his ridiculous contract. Hopefully LJ does decent down the stretch and we can finally trade him. I'd like to see the other young guys playing more. We have nothing to lose by playing them. I don't think we can gauge a RB by playing him a few times in a game here and there. Let's start some of these dudes and see what they can do.
Suspect? The defense is the only thing that I can say is actually good for the Skins.

honda522
10-18-2009, 10:06 PM
I agree, I was listening and I kept hearing how he was keeping his head up and looking for a hole...that was from Lenny.

I still wish for Charles to start and trade LJ away.

greg3564
10-18-2009, 10:10 PM
Suspect? The defense is the only thing that I can say is actually good for the Skins.

The Redskins have the 5th ranked defense. But look at who they have played- Giants(good team), Rams, Lions, Buccaneers and Panthers. 4 of the 5 teams aren't very good. Those 4 offenses are all ranked in the 20's in total offense. The Redskins are ranked 22nd in run defense.

Coach
10-18-2009, 10:11 PM
LJ had a good game because they finally ran him outside the tackles. When they ran him up the gut, it was the same old thing. It's not his fault that the OL isn't blocking that well.

Overall, I thought he had a good game and gave a good effort. I am still annoyed by all of the run up the gut play calling when the game is on the line.

Chiefster
10-19-2009, 01:11 AM
Well I just think LJ is absolutely worthless and should be run out of town on a rail!!!! :p :D j/k

CapitalT
10-19-2009, 01:32 AM
LJ had a good game because they finally ran him outside the tackles. When they ran him up the gut, it was the same old thing. It's not his fault that the OL isn't blocking that well.

Overall, I thought he had a good game and gave a good effort. I am still annoyed by all of the run up the gut play calling when the game is on the line.

I think that's good point. I'm not sure why we don't try an actual sweep now and again. We can certainly throw the shotgun draw out of the play book IMO.

SIC J
10-19-2009, 01:57 AM
WHAT?!?!?!!? Where are all you Miles Austin haters who are supposed to come on this thread and say......

"Big deal! LJ had one good game. It doesn't mean anything"

LOL.... Some of you make me laugh.

obsessed
10-19-2009, 02:06 AM
i find it funny that LJ had a 3.6 ypc and is getting no flak but against the raiders he had a 3.3 and everyone wanted him ran out of town, difference is we won today. i just get sick as hell of all those out there that ride him so damn hard all the time and blame almost everything on him when we lose then come back and say he had a good game when in all reality he had a mediocre game but we just happened to win. LJ is a good back, he got some holes today and exploited them. Is he what he could be, not at all, but it is not all his fault either. It shows that when we gets blocking he can still be dominate and DOES have that open field speed that everyone thought had been lost. Hopefully we will continue to see improvements in line and play calling and LJ will win us games instead of getting taken out of his game due to being behind and becoming a very porous offense.

SIC J
10-19-2009, 02:12 AM
i find it funny that LJ had a 3.6 ypc and is getting no flak but against the raiders he had a 3.3 and everyone wanted him ran out of town, difference is we won today. i just get sick as hell of all those out there that ride him so damn hard all the time and blame almost everything on him when we lose then come back and say he had a good game when in all reality he had a mediocre game but we just happened to win. LJ is a good back, he got some holes today and exploited them. Is he what he could be, not at all, but it is not all his fault either. It shows that when we gets blocking he can still be dominate and DOES have that open field speed that everyone thought had been lost. Hopefully we will continue to see improvements in line and play calling and LJ will win us games instead of getting taken out of his game due to being behind and becoming a very porous offense.

EXACTLY!

Some of these guys are so quick to jump up and point the finger at someone else to blame the Chiefs if they lose and get really down and frustrated about it. So how the hell do you think the players are acting?

For some "die hard fans", a lot of you sure as hell don't act like it. You spend more time talking crap about the Chiefs than "supporting" them.

reded
10-19-2009, 07:56 AM
EXACTLY!

Some of these guys are so quick to jump up and point the finger at someone else to blame the Chiefs if they lose and get really down and frustrated about it. So how the hell do you think the players are acting?

For some "die hard fans", a lot of you sure as hell don't act like it. You spend more time talking crap about the Chiefs than "supporting" them.

I've noticed this rather annoying trend myself on this site. It gets old, quick!

Bike
10-19-2009, 08:05 AM
EXACTLY!

We all support the Chiefs. Just different opinions on what can make them winners. If we all had the same opinion, this would be a pretty boring place to be...

Canada
10-19-2009, 08:27 AM

EXACTLY!

Thank god we have you guys here to set us all straight. 83 yards...all our problems are solved. LJ tried earning his paycheck yesterday. Woo Hoo!! Some of us point out that LJ is part of the problem with this team and we have you two jumping down everyones throat. How come you dont defend anyone else this much? Someone said Haley and Pioli suck....where were you to defend them? How about our defense...you are OK with people talking about them. Get over yourselves, LJ gets paid to take criticism when he is not performing. Its the world of professional sports. But its good that you guys are here to say "I told ya so" like a couple of 8 year olds. :sign0098: 83 yards. whopee

Bike
10-19-2009, 08:31 AM
Thank god we have you guys here to set us all straight. 83 yards...all our problems are solved. LJ tried earning his paycheck yesterday. Woo Hoo!! Some of us point out that LJ is part of the problem with this team and we have you two jumping down everyones throat. How come you dont defend anyone else this much? Someone said Haley and Pioli suck....where were you to defend them? How about our defense...you are OK with people talking about them. Get over yourselves, LJ gets paid to take criticism when he is not performing. Its the world of professional sports. But its good that you guys are here to say "I told ya so" like a couple of 8 year olds. :sign0098: 83 yards. whopee
Hey, he almost had a 100 yd game.
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Just blame it on the offensive line.

yashi
10-19-2009, 09:15 AM
Sometimes when LJ gets the ball I like to make a sandwich or order a pizza. Usually around the time I'm done he's finally at the line of scrimmage. :)

In all seriousness though, it's nice to see him have a decent game but I'm still waiting for him to have an efficient one with over 4 YPC and a touchdown. He does seem to have a lot more success on runs outside of the tackles which isn't surprising since Waters, Niswanger, and Goff are all terrible.

SIC J
10-19-2009, 11:18 AM

Oh took you long enough to get here...... And for the record, I do defend Pioli, Haley, and some of the issues on defense.

And whats funny is you call yourself a Chiefs fan but I can't remember reading a single post from you that has said something positive about the Chiefs. You sure you're not a Raiders fan?

Canada
10-19-2009, 11:24 AM
Oh took you long enough to get here...... And for the record, I do defend Pioli, Haley, and some of the issues on defense.

And whats funny is you call yourself a Chiefs fan but I can't remember reading a single post from you that has said something positive about the Chiefs. You sure you're not a Raiders fan?

Yeah, thats right. Im not a fan. Good response. Do you say that to everyone who does not agree with you? That has always been the big knock on me...Im not positive enough!! :lol:

...and what do you mean by took me long enough? Sorry I wasnt hovering over the comuter to wait for you to once again profess your man love for LJ while bashing anyone who does not like him. :sign0098:

You are the classiest Chiefs fan I have ever met!! :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
10-19-2009, 11:33 AM

Wow! 93 posts and he's obviously got Canada all figured out here. Yeah, the guy we have as the face of the site is a Raiders fan. :rolleyes:

SIC J
10-19-2009, 11:35 AM
Wow! 93 posts and he's obviously got Canada all figured out here. Yeah, the guy we have as the face of the site is a Raiders fan. :rolleyes:

Not another one of these guys..... where your post count defines or determines you.... :lol:

Canada
10-19-2009, 11:38 AM
Not another one of these guys..... where your post count defines or determines you.... :lol:

Why not...u can tell people that they arent fans but you get on someone for pointing out that you dont know sh!t about me and that is what attack? You're an idiot.

Canada
10-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Not another one of these guys..... where your post count defines or determines you.... :lol:Determines you? What does that mean?

SIC J
10-19-2009, 11:40 AM
Yeah, thats right. Im not a fan. Good response. Do you say that to everyone who does not agree with you? That has always been the big knock on me...Im not positive enough!! :lol:

...and what do you mean by took me long enough? Sorry I wasnt hovering over the comuter to wait for you to once again profess your man love for LJ while bashing anyone who does not like him. :sign0098:

You are the classiest Chiefs fan I have ever met!! :bananen_smilies046:

Or maybe you're jealous of LJ cuz you saw him at the club, hit on him, he rejected you, and then spit on you. :lol:

And you're the most annoying Chiefs fan I've ever met. :bananen_smilies046: You're worse than all the bandwagon Charger fans in San Diego. They talk trash when they lose, but when they win, they're the greatest team ever. You on the other hand, when we win you talk trash, and when they lose they talk trash. Hey, at least you're consistant. :lol:

Chiefster
10-19-2009, 11:40 AM

Nope not at all; I'm probably king of the post whores here. Just merely pointing out that anyone who calls into question Canada's fandom, obviously, hasn't been here long enough to know Canada. It amazes me that someone with an opinion about a Chiefs player that differs from yours must be a closet Raiders fan.

SIC J
10-19-2009, 11:42 AM
Determines you? What does that mean?

And you're calling me an idiot? :lol:

Canada
10-19-2009, 11:44 AM
Or maybe you're jealous of LJ cuz you saw him at the club, hit on him, he rejected you, and then spit on you. :lol:

And you're the most annoying Chiefs fan I've ever met. :bananen_smilies046: You're worse than all the bandwagon Charger fans in San Diego. They talk trash when they lose, but when they win, they're the greatest team ever. You on the other hand, when we win you talk trash, and when they lose they talk trash. Hey, at least you're consistant. :lol:

Maybe LJ rejected me....:lol: Great post to support LJs performance. Maybe you should be his agent...you present such a well thought out and convincing argument. :sign0098:

Canada
10-19-2009, 11:45 AM
And you're calling me an idiot? :lol:

Sorry, apparently that sentence made sense to you. Your post count determines you. OK!! :sign0098:

SIC J
10-19-2009, 11:45 AM
Nope not at all; I'm probably king of the post whores here. Just merely pointing out that anyone who calls into question Canada's fandom, obviously, hasn't been here long enough to know Canada. It amazes me that someone with an opinion about a Chiefs player that differs from yours must be a closet Raiders fan.

I'm not questioning his difference in opinion on LJ, but the fact on his opinion on EVERYTHING about the Chiefs and how I have yet to read a single post from him where he isn't down talking the Chiefs.

Canada
10-19-2009, 11:48 AM
I'm not questioning his difference in opinion on LJ, but the fact on his opinion on EVERYTHING about the Chiefs and how I have yet to read a single post from him where he isn't down talking the Chiefs.

Funny...one guy does not like me because I am always negative and one guy (Drnkhillbilly) does not like me cause I am too much of a Homer. Sorry for disagreeing with you. Sorry if it seems like I have been down on this team for a while. They have only won 7 games since 2007. Almost seems like there is a reason tobe down on them. But hey...I don't like LJ as much as you so I must be a raider fan.

BTW Who else is it that I have been bashing?

Chiefster
10-19-2009, 11:49 AM

...Again stems from the fact that you, obviously, haven't been here long and haven't read the thousands of positive posts Canada has made. The fact of the matter is that when a team wins three out of their last thirty games there hasn't been a whole lot to be positive about; doesn't mean Canada isn't a fan.

Of course, being a member since Nov. 2008 would suggest that you've been here long enough but just haven't been reading.

SIC J
10-19-2009, 12:26 PM
This message is hidden because Canada is on your ignore list (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/profile.php?do=editlist).

:lol:

He left me negative rep and called me a douche bag. Get a life buddy.

Are one of the moderators going to take action on him now for attacking me? :lol:

SIC J
10-19-2009, 12:34 PM
...Again stems from the fact that you, obviously, haven't been here long and haven't read the thousands of positive posts Canada has made. The fact of the matter is that when a team wins three out of their last thirty games there hasn't been a whole lot to be positive about; doesn't mean Canada isn't a fan.

Of course, being a member since Nov. 2008 would suggest that you've been here long enough but just haven't been reading.

Just as HE has said before, I don't care about the past. I have been a Chiefs fan since I knew what football was, over 25 years. I seperate having hope and reality. But I don't sit there and talk a bunch of crap about the Chiefs. Living pretty much my whole life in SD, I've always had these Charger fans/friends giving me a hard time. Oh well, I don't let it get to me no matter how bad the team is doing. Yes this team has a lot of improvements to be made, but the Chiefs went through a screwed up Herm time period and now they are starting back from square one. DEAL WITH IT. If you don't like it, go cheer for another team. EVERY team is going to have its good seasons and bad. Some more than others.

Canada
10-19-2009, 12:41 PM
Let it go man.

pbatrucker
10-19-2009, 01:12 PM
Let it go man.
But it feels so good!!
:bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
10-19-2009, 02:32 PM
Just as HE has said before, I don't care about the past. I have been a Chiefs fan since I knew what football was, over 25 years. I seperate having hope and reality. But I don't sit there and talk a bunch of crap about the Chiefs. Living pretty much my whole life in SD, I've always had these Charger fans/friends giving me a hard time. Oh well, I don't let it get to me no matter how bad the team is doing. Yes this team has a lot of improvements to be made, but the Chiefs went through a screwed up Herm time period and now they are starting back from square one. DEAL WITH IT. If you don't like it, go cheer for another team. EVERY team is going to have its good seasons and bad. Some more than others.

I believe that most everyone here has dealt with it; of course I can only speak for myself.

Vandelay
10-19-2009, 02:47 PM
Some people are acting as if LJ had a career day.

23 carries for 86 yards, 3.6 per carry
The league average is usually about 4 per carry.

LJ was better than he has been lately, but if this is a great game for him, thats not saying much.

I still want to see more of JC.

Bottom line is Chiefs win:bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
10-19-2009, 02:50 PM

LJ was better than he has been lately, but if this is a great game for him, thats not saying much.

Absolutely! :bananen_smilies046:

kilobytes
10-19-2009, 05:03 PM

We are talking about running behind the worst o line in football. 86 yards is sadly good. Behind a descent line thats easily 100+ and then some.

AkChief49
10-19-2009, 06:11 PM

Bottom line is Chiefs win:bananen_smilies046:true, true. Washington has the 5th overall defense. they're 22nd in rush yards allowed/game-3rd in pass yards/game. Larry's best outing so far, we still do not have a rushing TD(bothersome). Just think, this team was so close to being 3-3 right now! ( I had thought being 2-4 after this stretch was not unrealistic) I know close does not count. the fader and cowgirl games were tough ones to lose(none are easy) But I'll take the win!!:yahoo:

InsideNation
10-19-2009, 06:15 PM
congrats johnson for a job well done , more great games to come dudes

SIC J
10-19-2009, 06:23 PM
Now Canada's lover McLovin is leaving me all kinds of negative rep and calling me names and attacking me. Can the moderator take care of that guy too? He seems as though he has no life to do it 6 times to me. :lol:

Maybe he deep down inside has feelings for me. :lol:

I find it funny that anytime I say something to Canada, McLovin is right there following him around.

Canada
10-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Let it go man.

Now Canada's lover McLovin is leaving me all kinds of negative rep and calling me names and attacking me. Can the moderator take care of that guy too? He seems as though he has no life to do it 6 times to me. :lol:

Maybe he deep down inside has feelings for me. :lol:

I find it funny that anytime I say something to Canada, McLovin is right there following him around.

Let it go man.

tornadospotter
10-19-2009, 10:15 PM

:iamwithstupid: I think Canada is a fan of :sign0094::damnit::sign0090:

honda522
10-19-2009, 10:39 PM

I can recall several post by Canada that are positive.

Its funny how you talk about people calling themselves Chiefs fans and yet you don't have a favorite player tagged nor a sig, nor you never post your own threads.

Nothing more annoying than people going on to a forum and then act like they are sh!t and talking big for small internet person they are. You don't impress or scare anyone, people like you are the scum of the internet. They, like you attach like a leech to a argument and keep it alive, when in reality it just makes you look like a fool. And yet you continue to embarrass yourself, probably cause you have no friends or nothing better to do than to waste your time eating and sleeping in-front of the computer.
It's people like you who give Americans a bad rep.

SIC J
10-20-2009, 01:07 AM
I can recall several post by Canada that are positive.

Its funny how you talk about people calling themselves Chiefs fans and yet you don't have a favorite player tagged nor a sig, nor you never post your own threads.

Nothing more annoying than people going on to a forum and then act like they are sh!t and talking big for small internet person they are. You don't impress or scare anyone, people like you are the scum of the internet. They, like you attach like a leech to a argument and keep it alive, when in reality it just makes you look like a fool. And yet you continue to embarrass yourself, probably cause you have no friends or nothing better to do than to waste your time eating and sleeping in-front of the computer.
It's people like you who give Americans a bad rep.

FYI - I have started several threads, have more friends than people you probably even know (and I don't mean on the internet), I do have a signature, and I have lots of time on my hands cuz I own my own company and ride motorcycles for a living.

Nice try though. :sign0098:

Oh and I didn't know not putting down my favorite player meant I wasn't a Chiefs fan. Yet I just went to a Sports Bar where we throw a bike night every week with my FRIENDS wearing my Chiefs jersey in a crowd of Charger fans. :wink:

Chiefster
10-20-2009, 01:18 AM
Let it go man.

Agreed. :bananen_smilies046:

I really don't see anymore use for this one.

chief31
10-20-2009, 03:06 AM
EXACTLY!

You simply don't 'support' poor players, or crappy decisions.

Hey, some folks are gonna point out what they believe are flaws with the team. GET OVER IT.

FYI - I have started several threads, have more friends than people you probably even know (and I don't mean on the internet), I do have a signature, and I have lots of time on my hands cuz I own my own company and ride motorcycles for a living.

Nice try though. :sign0098:

Oh and I didn't know not putting down my favorite player meant I wasn't a Chiefs fan. Yet I just went to a Sports Bar where we throw a bike night every week with my FRIENDS wearing my Chiefs jersey in a crowd of Charger fans. :wink:

"Oh...well...uh.... I'm more popular than you! So take that! That's because I'm cool, and you aren't! YEAH!"

Really? There really are people who tolerate you?

I am calling BS on that one. That can't possibly be true.

And my dad can beat up your dad. Since we are acting like grade-schoolers.

Oh and I didn't know not putting down my favorite player meant I wasn't a Chiefs fan.

You were the one calling everyone out for not being a fan. You were the one telling people to go root for another team.

What the f*** are you talking about here? Are you even reading the right thread? Or are you just responding to some other site, in this thread?

Now, for the post-count subject...

When you go off saying that you have never seen a positive thing said about the Chiefs from Canada, the first thing that comes to mind is that you must be new here. Because Canada is one of the most blineded, kool-aid drinkingest, rose-colored galasses wearin' people ever to post here.

If you haven't seen anything positive from him, then it's because you haven't read many of his replies here. Hence, someone mentioning your lower post-count.

And, about LJ's 'big day'...

You have got to be kidding me!

With the money he is getting, this day was terrible!

83 yards on 23 carries, without reaching the endzone should make him feel humiliated.

But, because he has us all so accustomed to getting crap from him, this is some big game, that you feel the need to come hollering "I told ya so!"? Really?

Now, I am the first person to blame blocking. I don't care who you are. But, just as I blame the blocking for his poor numbers, I also have the common sense to credit the blocking for his good numbers. (Back when he used to get them.)

The problem with LJ's performance is that he is payed to perform like he did in '05, and he can't.

Rather that is his fault, or not, he is vastly overpaid!(By general player contract values)