PDA

View Full Version : Todd Haley is the man, how about that win

kminor
10-19-2009, 04:45 AM
Hello Chiefs fans,

I am a hardcore chiefs fan. There is no room for rainy day fans in todays world. I've had several things to say about the Chiefs especially under Herm Edwards. He failed to do what Todd Haley will do for the organization. I've had my doubts and have shared my criticism however I think Todd Haley is the right man for the job.

I wish I could write what I have already written on previous blogs and other sites before I knew this one existed.

Kminor.com supports Chiefscrowd.com and encourages any chiefscrowd member to create a group on Kminor.com - Kansas City Nightlife.

Todd Haley's Chiefs came out with a W this week and what does the media say? They focus on the bad things....they say "oh well it wasnt pretty, there were no touchdowns"

If I had a dollar for every NFL game I've watched with no touchdowns I'd be a millionaire. It simply means the defense stepped up on both times and did what needed to be done when it counts...and was needed the most. So the media needs to shutup and give OUR team the credit it deserves for bringing the longest losing streak in Chiefs history to a close....

After the few years under Herm Edwards I am very happy with what Todd Haley has done to rebuild this shaken organization. The players reaction of our victory just confirms our head coaches desire to win games and keep on winning.

The question is...can we get the offensive line we need to open up the running game. The media trashed talked Larry Johnsons yard average. The fact is, Larry Johnson has contributed just as much as any other player. Todd Haley has wisely used him as a threat to open up the passing game.

Dispite what anyone says, the chiefs have the talent of a superbowl team in years to come. I want it now though, I know our team can win again next Sunday.

Finally all of those years lost under dumbass Herm Edwards are coming to a close...support your team and highlight what HAS been done, not what has not.

Support OUR team, and we will continue to win.

Lets see what happens next week...

I am very optimistic ;)

Im extremely happy our defense stepped it up a notch this week and give credit and thanks to the offensive and defensive coordinators of yesterdays game.

The Kansas City Chiefs throughout the franchise history have been known as a "down & dirty we'll win or if we don't win we'll hurt, er GET rather, ur best players & QB to make you lose next week if we dont win" type of team.

GO CHIEFS!

Kminor
--------
Kminor.com (http://www.kminor.com)

P.S.

I'm a programmer and an IT guy and am kind of arrogant when it comes to web work so im not judging... however now that I know this site has been built on vbulletin I've created a Kminor.com vbulltein bridge web application. Kminor.com is a new site started for KC residents of all backgrounds about 6 months ago. If anyone can get me in touch with the site admin/web designer that would be great.

I will support the Kansas City Chiefs through rain or shine....rather than start my own sports section, now that I'm on here I'd rather support this site instead!!

Bike
10-19-2009, 06:49 AM
Haley shouda kicked the field goal in the 1st quarter. These kinda rookie hc decisions is what can cost you games....

Three7s
10-19-2009, 08:05 AM
Haley shouda kicked the field goal in the 1st quarter. These kinda rookie hc decisions is what can cost you games....
He explained in the press conference that he didn't because Succop was stinking on that side of the field because of the wind. I probably would've tried it anyways.

Bike
10-19-2009, 08:14 AM
He explained in the press conference that he didn't because Succop was stinking on that side of the field because of the wind. I probably would've tried it anyways.
Yeah we will need Succup to be able to make these field goals on bright, calm days, and on snowy, freezing, windy days. As inept as our offense has been, gotta take the points when the opportunity presents itself. Luckily for us, it didn't come back to haunt us...

brish
10-19-2009, 12:09 PM
Well I like his tough approach to coaching, and I think he will soften up a little bit once he gets more comfortable. (I think he already has..)
But I think he was absolutely right in benching Bowe and DJ, Bowe's comments after the game gave me confidence in the fact that Bowe is going to stay a Chief, and he will rise to be a star.. Once we get an oline.. He is finally getting it! :)

Haley's playcalling has dissapointed me a little, I think he is trying too hard to be conventional with the way he wants the offense to work. Run first then pass, etc. etc..

And when he called that draw play to Charles in the end, I wanted to kill someone.
Stop calling it Todd!!! :D

Chiefster
10-19-2009, 12:18 PM
Welcome aboard kminor! :)

Seek
10-19-2009, 12:41 PM

Kickers go out and test their leg during warm up. The kicker, coaches and broadcaster know these ranges before the games start. You can't possibly look at the kicker and say, I know you are out of range. Kick it a little harder okay... Being an ex kicker, my HC coach did that once in a criticaly play off game. One windy and freezing day. The extra strenght I tired to put in the ball ball caused me to hook it a little which the wind caught and made it miss left and short. It was caught by the other team and almost returned for a Td. I wasn't as good as Succop, but I have to think he and Haley both new the risk was much higher than the Coaches here on this forum.

If you want to complain about Haley, maybe you should be upset he didn't go for it instead of punting.

Seek
10-19-2009, 12:43 PM
Yeah we will need Succup to be able to make these field goals on bright, calm days, and on snowy, freezing, windy days. As inept as our offense has been, gotta take the points when the opportunity presents itself. Luckily for us, it didn't come back to haunt us...

There is a thing called reality. The wind does blow. You can't turn it off and expect the kicker to just blow through it. There is limits. Just as Washington punted once when they were range on a normal day.

SIC J
10-19-2009, 01:11 PM
There is a thing called reality. The wind does blow. You can't turn it off and expect the kicker to just blow through it. There is limits. Just as Washington punted once when they were range on a normal day.

+1 Totally agree with that one.

kilobytes
10-19-2009, 07:00 PM
Todd Haley's playcalling was pretty bad. Im ignoring the field goal issue in the 1st btw. It was still pretty bad yet we still won. Draw play on 3rd and LONG......constant run up the gut with LJ on 1st down....come on mix it up.

Hayvern
10-19-2009, 07:19 PM
Geez dude, exxagorate much?

And DUDE, don't start on the rainy day fans again.

Hayvern
10-19-2009, 07:22 PM
I thought this was interesting:

Trade threat turned the light on for Dwayne Bowe | ProFootballTalk.com (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/19/trade-threat-turned-the-light-on-for-dwayne-bowe/)

I guess the hard nosed approach worked for Haley as far as Bowe was concerned, but I am surprised that Bowe didn't just say "Go For it!"

matthewschiefs
10-19-2009, 07:25 PM
Todd Haley's playcalling was pretty bad. Im ignoring the field goal issue in the 1st btw. It was still pretty bad yet we still won. Draw play on 3rd and LONG......constant run up the gut with LJ on 1st down....come on mix it up.

His playcalling is no were near as bad as the chiefs playcalling has been. I will say again YOU CANT JUST STOP TRYING TO RUN THE BALL. And if you dont show that you will run up the gut then the outside runs will be stuffed. YOU HAVE TO KEEP TRYING.

Hayvern
10-19-2009, 07:29 PM
His playcalling is no were near as bad as the chiefs playcalling has been. I will say again YOU CANT JUST STOP TRYING TO RUN THE BALL. And if you dont show that you will run up the gut then the outside runs will be stuffed. YOU HAVE TO KEEP TRYING.

We have to get rid of that shotgun draw play we seem to run two or three times per game. We have never ever fooled anyone with that and I would bet that we are minus 35 yards at least when running that play.

It is so televised that I can tell you when it is going to happen when watching the game.

kilobytes
10-19-2009, 07:29 PM
My point is its every 1st down and they are dives. Needs more counters or sweeps. At least pass it on first down sometimes.

Hayvern
10-19-2009, 07:35 PM
My point is its every 1st down and they are dives. Needs more counters or sweeps. At least pass it on first down sometimes.

Johnson does not possess the speed to break it outside. He is a better NOrth-South runner, he needs to plow the ball straight ahead.

You might try Charles on the other plays, but Johnson is better served simply pounding the ball up the gut.

honda522
10-19-2009, 08:15 PM
The important thing is our D finished the game. We finished a game for the first time since about 16 games ago last year.

kilobytes
10-20-2009, 05:16 PM
Johnson does not possess the speed to break it outside. He is a better NOrth-South runner, he needs to plow the ball straight ahead.

You might try Charles on the other plays, but Johnson is better served simply pounding the ball up the gut.
If there were holes. Thats why more counters. LJ does have underrated speed just slow acceleration. He has broken it outside successfully sometimes though like last game.

brish
10-20-2009, 05:30 PM
If there were holes. Thats why more counters. LJ does have underrated speed just slow acceleration. He has broken it outside successfully sometimes though like last game.

I agree, when he gets up to speed he is actually looking pretty good. But just when he is handed the ball, he looks like he is going in slow-motion.
And with our line he has no chance, we need more explosion, especially not while playing at a lower weight.

Seek
10-20-2009, 05:40 PM
The important thing is our D finished the game. We finished a game for the first time since about 16 games ago last year.

Yes they did, and I strongly believe it is because the offense held the ball a little longer and gave them some time off the field. The defense has been very good at first. It is after they tire down that they let go..

chief31
10-22-2009, 05:40 AM
The important thing is our D finished the game. We finished a game for the first time since about 16 games ago last year.Yes they did, and I strongly believe it is because the offense held the ball a little longer and gave them some time off the field. The defense has been very good at first. It is after they tire down that they let go..

I strongly believe that it is primarily because we played The Redskins.

I'll need to see them do that against a team that isn't destroyed. But it is nice to see it, either way.

Chiefster
10-22-2009, 08:28 AM
Haley: Shape up or ship out Bowe!....Bowe, where you goin Bowe?! Hey, come back here I'm not through screaming at you and telling you how worthless you are!!!! :lol: