PDA

View Full Version : Great win vs the Redskins!

Cardinals Krew
10-19-2009, 10:57 PM
I knew it. All the Chiefs had to do is keep fighting. Now they can build on this win!

Now with a draft pick for the Tank, Chiefs are moving in the right direction! :sign0098:

honda522
10-19-2009, 11:03 PM
Hm...not quite. Moving in the right direction would be getting someone to protect Cassel on the fly. Not next week, not in a few weeks, not in the draft. NOW!

Make IT happen!

KCMASS
10-20-2009, 08:57 AM
Hm...not quite. Moving in the right direction would be getting someone to protect Cassel on the fly. Not next week, not in a few weeks, not in the draft. NOW!

Make IT happen!

I want to stay positive, but Honda522 is right. The O-Line is a total mess! It pains me to watch a soild QB like Matt running for his dear life! It won't happen this year, but we can turn it around thru the draft & FA next year.

Bike
10-20-2009, 06:04 PM
I want to stay positive, but Honda522 is right. The O-Line is a total mess! It pains me to watch a soild QB like Matt running for his dear life! It won't happen this year, but we can turn it around thru the draft & FA next year.
I don't know how Cassel got up after that monster hit that penalized Haynesworth. I gotta hand it to Cassel - he's takin' a licking and still ticking...

KottkeKU
10-22-2009, 01:29 AM
Cassel is proving to be a very good QB, and worth every penny of his 60 mill contract so far....

but i would be very surprised to see him start every game for us, he has got to get hurt at some point with this line...

Chiefster
10-22-2009, 01:37 AM
I don't know how Cassel got up after that monster hit that penalized Haynesworth. I gotta hand it to Cassel - he's takin' a licking and still ticking...

He is the Energizer...(Insert battery operated toy of your choice here)

Cassel is proving to be a very good QB, and worth every penny of his 60 mill contract so far....

but i would be very surprised to see him start every game for us, he has got to get hurt at some point with this line...

Let's hope not.

chief31
10-22-2009, 04:08 AM

I cartainly can't agree with that. I am pleasantly surprised with him so far. But 1-5 is never worth sixty million.

Especially when, had we waited to sign him to a long term deal til the end of this season, or even til right now, he would have come sooooo much cheaper than that.

Three7s
10-22-2009, 01:43 PM
I cartainly can't agree with that. I am pleasantly surprised with him so far. But 1-5 is never worth sixty million.

Especially when, had we waited to sign him to a long term deal til the end of this season, or even til right now, he would have come sooooo much cheaper than that.
Yeah, but he's only thrown 2 picks. That's great, no matter what your record is. Just think about it, no O-line, no WRs to throw too, yet he's really found ways to keep us in games. I'm gonna look forward to seeing how much he improves when we actually get a team around him.

anaeelbackwards
10-22-2009, 02:12 PM
Yeah, but he's only thrown 2 picks. That's great, no matter what your record is. Just think about it, no O-line, no WRs to throw too, yet he's really found ways to keep us in games. I'm gonna look forward to seeing how much he improves when we actually get a team around him.

agreeed...

we got a good WR corp, he's just not getting the right protection... thus cassel scrambling for his dear life.. i mean even larry johnson cant get any decent running room...:sign0023: it goes on. our O-LINE is horrid...

pbatrucker
10-22-2009, 02:15 PM
:yahoo:

Pro_Angler
10-23-2009, 07:22 PM
Matts like LJ heavy pocket syndrome...

okikcfan
10-25-2009, 01:06 AM
14 to 6, 14 points and not 1 touchdown, I for one was not real impressed. Cassel hit the carpet way too many times. We need to put a flame thrower under the OLines a&&. LJ would prob. do alot better if he had some good blocking up front and Cassel would live much longer...

chief31
10-25-2009, 06:00 PM

Like I said, I am impressed with him, so far. (Not gonna add in today's performance)

But what is the going rate for a 1-5 QB, who throws about one TD per game?

$60 million? Really?

It was a terrible decision to negotiate a contract with him, when we did it. Had we waited to negotiate, Cassel's agent would currently be asking for about $35-40 million.

IF Todd Haley is still here in a couple of years, then maybe Cassel will wind-up looking like he is worth $60 million. But we still could have had a $60 million QB for $40 million.

And, in the meantime, could have had the same QB we already have, for far, far cheaper.

chief31
10-25-2009, 06:07 PM

Like I said, I am impressed with him, so far. (Not gonna add in today's performance)

But what is the going rate for a 1-5 QB, who throws about one TD per game?

$60 million? Really?

It was a terrible decision to negotiate a contract with him, when we did it. Had we waited to negotiate, Cassel's agent would currently be asking for about $35-40 million.

IF Todd Haley is still here in a couple of years, then maybe Cassel will wind-up looking like he is worth $60 million. But we still could have had a $60 million QB for $40 million.

And, in the meantime, could have had the same QB we already have, for far, far cheaper.