PDA

View Full Version : Haley Threatend to Trade Dwayne Bowe During the Game!

Big Daddy Tek
10-22-2009, 04:24 AM
Kansas City Chiefs Insider: Chiefs Trade Dwayne Bowe? Thats What Haley Told Him! (http://chiefsinsider.blogspot.com/2009/10/chiefs-trade-dwayne-bowe-thats-what.html)

That might be going too far.

DT14PRIEST
10-22-2009, 04:34 AM
Who exactly is the source of this information?

If PFT was considered a reliable source for rumors and insider detail then I might have given it its due diligence but who exactly is Antonio Rizzo?

chief31
10-22-2009, 04:52 AM
Seems to fall in line with everything else that has been going on with Haley and this team.

Seems more likely, than not.

Chiefster
10-22-2009, 09:11 AM
Yahoo Sports reported the same thing.

Kansas City Chiefs coach threatened to trade Bowe - Sports Rumors - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Kansas-City-Chiefs-coach-threatened-to-trade-Bow?urn=nfl,197029)

yashi
10-22-2009, 09:24 AM
I heard about this, but who cares? It obviously got Bowe fired up and he went out and caught 6 balls for 109. Granted he dropped almost as many, but still a very good game.

honda522
10-22-2009, 09:29 AM
Haley just wanted to get Bowe fired up and catch some footballs!

matthewschiefs
10-22-2009, 11:03 AM
Hailey does seem to be able to do things like that to light a fire under bowe. If it works do it why not.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-22-2009, 11:17 AM
He has to do something because Bowe is way to inconsistant!! He hurts us more than he helps us in some games!

honda522
10-22-2009, 11:51 AM
Hailey does seem to be able to do things like that to light a fire under bowe. If it works do it why not.
Bowe likes to have fun, Haley takes it pretty dam seriously and wont allow Bowe to have fun.

I think they need to compromise

He has to do something because Bowe is way to inconsistant!! He hurts us more than he helps us in some games!

Not necessarily. I heard he had quite a few drops last game but maybe some of those were too high.

I can think of one time he hurt us. Last year against SD when he fumbled the onside kick.

I can't remember any big third down drop he had yet. And you can't single him out for dropping the ball either, I have seen plenty dropped by Johnson, Wade, and Bradley

anaeelbackwards
10-22-2009, 12:55 PM
id rather have bowe on the team... hes explosive and i would not want him see him do some damage on another team...:sign0053:

Drunker Hillbilly
10-22-2009, 02:10 PM
Bowe likes to have fun, Haley takes it pretty dam seriously and wont allow Bowe to have fun.

I think they need to compromise

Not necessarily. I heard he had quite a few drops last game but maybe some of those were too high.

I can think of one time he hurt us. Last year against SD when he fumbled the onside kick.

I can't remember any big third down drop he had yet. And you can't single him out for dropping the ball either, I have seen plenty dropped by Johnson, Wade, and Bradley
Just because the other guys drop balls don't make his drops OK. I am not and have not been impressed with Bowe to be honest! If Wade was 3 inches taller, he would be the #1 on this team!

Hayvern
10-22-2009, 02:17 PM
Kansas City Chiefs Insider: Chiefs Trade Dwayne Bowe? Thats What Haley Told Him! (http://chiefsinsider.blogspot.com/2009/10/chiefs-trade-dwayne-bowe-thats-what.html)

That might be going too far.

It would have been funny,

Haley, "Alright Bowe, you're done, I just traded you to the Redskins, get on their sideline!"

MUAHAHHA

matthewschiefs
10-22-2009, 02:38 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:
It would have been funny,

Haley, "Alright Bowe, you're done, I just traded you to the Redskins, get on their sideline!"

MUAHAHHA
:lol: That would be pretty funny

CapitalT
10-22-2009, 03:27 PM
If true, It does not show good judgement on Haley's part. That kind of discussion should never happen during a game ... even if his decision was.

Stumplifter
10-22-2009, 04:23 PM
Not much of a threat when you think about it.

If you don't start performing, I'm going to trade you off of this team that is 3-27 in their last 30 games and that ranks near the bottom of every offensive category !!

Yeah, I could see where Bowe would be heart broken !
8-)

yashi
10-22-2009, 05:17 PM
I think it speaks volumes about Bowe's character that he turned around and played his *** off after that, rather than going out there and half-assing it not caring if he gets traded.

honda522
10-22-2009, 07:47 PM
Just because the other guys drop balls don't make his drops OK. I am not and have not been impressed with Bowe to be honest! If Wade was 3 inches taller, he would be the #1 on this team!
Not saying its ok.

They are Pros and shouldn't drop any. Hell, when I am playing with my freinds, if the ball touches any of my hand I catch it. Granite I am more open than some of the pros too. If I can get physical and catch the ball with my height, they should have no problem.

josh1971
10-22-2009, 08:43 PM
If true, It does not show good judgement on Haley's part. That kind of discussion should never happen during a game ... even if his decision was.

Do you really think it was an actual trade discussion?

My guess is, it was more like a "Get out there and catch some damm balls or I'm gonna trade yer asse!"

Big Daddy Tek
10-23-2009, 01:23 AM

My guess is, it was more like a "Get out there and catch some damm balls or I'm gonna trade yer asse!"

Thats funny! And thats probably exactly what happened!

CapitalT
10-23-2009, 05:54 PM

You're right of course - the thought did occur to me that he probably raised his voice a bit. It does not make him sound any more competent though.

What's he going to do next threaten to shoot him. Who knows, it may never have happened but If you can't figure out how to motivate your players without threatening to trade them you're probably in the wrong job.

LargoChief
10-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Too bad if he said that! He's the coach and Bowe is a highly paid athlete. It was nice when Trent would drop back and throw it up...seems like Kennison never dropped this many or any other reciever.

PawnshopMarimba
10-23-2009, 07:15 PM
You're right of course - the thought did occur to me that he probably raised his voice a bit. It does not make him sound any more competent though.

What's he going to do next threaten to shoot him. Who knows, it may never have happened but If you can't figure out how to motivate your players without threatening to trade them you're probably in the wrong job.

I think this is getting blown way out of proportion. Threatening to trade a guy during the middle of a game is clearly an idle threat, and if Bowe didn't recognize that, then he must be riding the short bus to practice every morning.

But let's face it; Bowe's not that dumb. He knows he's one of the cornerstones of this franchise at the moment, so he also knew Haley was essentially telling him nothing more than to step up his game.... and look at it from Bowe's angle. From where he's at the odds are a trade would move him up in the world.

Compared to a lot of the other stuff that gets said down there on the sidelines and in the trenches, one little idle threat isn't really all that bad. Relax, everybody.

Lazeye
10-23-2009, 08:01 PM
If I am correct Bowe had more broken tackles then any other WR last year. Give him time, I say

Drunker Hillbilly
10-23-2009, 08:37 PM
His time here will be short lived.

tornadospotter
10-23-2009, 08:49 PM
His time here will be short lived.
Who?

Drunker Hillbilly
10-23-2009, 10:17 PM
Who?
Bowe. I think he will be gone inside of 3 seasons.

okikcfan
10-25-2009, 01:09 AM
I heard about this, but who cares? It obviously got Bowe fired up and he went out and caught 6 balls for 109. Granted he dropped almost as many, but still a very good game.
I Agree 100 percent:yahoo::fan_wave2: :yahoo:

Chiefman
10-25-2009, 08:17 AM
Haley wants him to get serious about the game and I have no problem with that. As much money as the Chiefs are paying for the guy he better damn well take it serious. He is SUPPOSE to be the #1 by now but is considered by the team to be a #2 or #3 in most cases. Too inconsistent to be a #1. I want to believe the more reps he gets with Cassel the better he will become.

drstandley31
10-25-2009, 08:40 AM
Honest to God, why are so many of you down on Haley? He's doing what he has to do, to get some of these multi-millionaire football players to start playing like winners. Let's go back the past two years and look at all the blogs about how Herm was too easy on this team, just wanted to be friends with the players, and loved to be in front of the camera even after his team just got drilled. And then he'd wash his hands of all personal blame. Well this guy isn't doing that, he's coaching! What ever he has to do, to get these guys to achieve their potential (short of slugging one of them), then that's what we need. And guys, players, coaches say a lot of things in the heat of battle; hopefully at times it's worse than, "drop one more ball and I'll trade your a$$". Go Chiefs, Go Haley!

Drunker Hillbilly
10-25-2009, 02:58 PM
Dwayne Bowe SUCKS!!!! How many dropped balls today??? Still half of the 3rd and the 4th to go!!!

chief31
10-25-2009, 05:26 PM
Honest to God, why are so many of you down on Haley? He's doing what he has to do, to get some of these multi-millionaire football players to start playing like winners. Let's go back the past two years and look at all the blogs about how Herm was too easy on this team, just wanted to be friends with the players, and loved to be in front of the camera even after his team just got drilled. And then he'd wash his hands of all personal blame. Well this guy isn't doing that, he's coaching! What ever he has to do, to get these guys to achieve their potential (short of slugging one of them), then that's what we need. And guys, players, coaches say a lot of things in the heat of battle; hopefully at times it's worse than, "drop one more ball and I'll trade your a$$". Go Chiefs, Go Haley!

He doesn't have the stones to coach. He just gets rid of players that he has a hard time with. Seems pretty quick to give up on them. Some folks may consider him a quitter.

But sure, having a guy who gives up so easily insult the players who are trying to run his inneffective gameplans is cleary the right way to go.

So then, it is good to trash the players, but let's all be nice to the "hard-nosed" HC?