PDA

View Full Version : KCChiefs.com : Q&A with TODD HALEY - 10/23

Coach
10-23-2009, 04:40 PM
Q: Was Branden Albert back at practice today? TODD HALEY: "Getting better every day. It's probably going to go down to the wire with him. He'll be listed as questionable." Q: O'Callaghan ready to go? HALEY:

More... (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/10/23/qa_with_todd_haley__1023/)

IlovetheChiefs
10-23-2009, 07:53 PM
Heh, one of the questions was:

Q: Pretty empty injury report and on the field too. Is that the way you like to have it?

Haley's first word in response was "Obviously".

Yeah really, I mean what kind of question is that. Like the coach is really going to possibly say, "Well we'd like to have about a half dozen more players out".

Reminds me of when a reporter asked Bobby Knight if having 2 starters out made it harder. Bobby replied, "Well what do you think?!" The reporter said, "I'd say yes." Bobby said, "Well you put that in your column and your readers can see how smart you are."

tornadospotter
10-23-2009, 08:43 PM

Q: Pretty empty injury report and on the field too. Is that the way you like to have it?

Yeah really, I mean what kind of question is that. Like the coach is really going to possibly say, "Well we'd like to have about a half dozen more players out".

Reminds me of when a reporter asked Bobby Knight if having 2 starters out made it harder. Bobby replied, "Well what do you think?!" The reporter said, "I'd say yes." Bobby said, "Well you put that in your column and your readers can see how smart you are."
:sign0101: Intresting story, At my new job, I work with a gal that went to Texas Tech, She was a freshman when Bobby Knight came to Tech, He was the key note speaker and handed out the Diplomas at her graduation. The Senior class member that gave the class speech told Knight that this class came to Texas Tech at the same time he did, they have met almost all their goals but one, and they were very disappointed in him, because it was his fault, they have waited 4 years to see him throw something. The Crowd just laught there butts off, and when that senior came up to get his diploma, Knight threw it to him.

IlovetheChiefs
10-23-2009, 10:00 PM
That's pretty funny. Yeah I guess Knight was a lot less explosive at Texas Tech than his days at Indiana. Maybe due to being a little older, maybe due to being more careful after the firing from Indiana, maybe due to TT not having as highly ranked teams as Indi and thus he didn't get as irate when they lost.

He does have pretty funny comeback lines and antics, and throwing the diploma is another case in point, heh.

Alright, enough highjacking and back to the Haley press conference of today.

Well Todd is leery of Ladainian Tomlinson, as we should be. (Of course, he's not going to publicly say LT doesn't have it as much anymore). But even though LT can still be dangerous, the Chargers running game hasn't been so good this year. Same with their d. We mainly have to stop the passing game and take advantage offensively against a weaker d then we've been facing. Hopefully Cassel has more time to throw. And that we can have another game with few or no penalties and turnovers.

I think if we don't beat ourselves, and continue to show some more improvement on both sides of the field, this game is ours for the taking. :)

Hayvern
10-23-2009, 11:16 PM

Here's your sign!

Sort of like: Hey, you got a flat tire?

"No, No, we were just sitting here and these other three all ballooned up on us!"

Here's your sign!
:iamwithstupid: