PDA

View Full Version : The "right 53" my a$$!!

texaschief
10-25-2009, 12:09 PM
This is such BS!!! USUALLY, the "right 53" for WINNING teams is starting and at the VERY LEAST, activating your best players week in and week out. This week, Jarrad Page is inactive. The SAME Jarrad Page who was the FIRST Chief to receive an Arrowhead on the side of his helmet this preseason. He wasn't listed on the injury report ALL WEEK and now he's inactive.

Haley is a fu:sign0053: joke

I've even gotten to the point with Haley where I'd be happier with Ferentz. (NEVER thought I'd say that.)

yashi
10-25-2009, 12:22 PM
I'm actually really happy that McGraw is starting again. He played really well last week with Page out and I've been pretty disappointed with Page this season.

honda522
10-25-2009, 12:38 PM
Dude, calm down. Page has a shoulder injury all week and was listed as questionable,.

matthewschiefs
10-25-2009, 12:40 PM
Ya page was on the injury report. Hes probley to hurt to go.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-25-2009, 03:01 PM
This is such BS!!! USUALLY, the "right 53" for WINNING teams is starting and at the VERY LEAST, activating your best players week in and week out. This week, Jarrad Page is inactive. The SAME Jarrad Page who was the FIRST Chief to receive an Arrowhead on the side of his helmet this preseason. He wasn't listed on the injury report ALL WEEK and now he's inactive.

I've even gotten to the point with Haley where I'd be happier with Ferentz. (NEVER thought I'd say that.)
Come on dude! Get with it. He has a shoulder injury!!

yashi
10-25-2009, 03:04 PM
OK I was wrong, McGraw sucks.

yashi
10-25-2009, 03:06 PM
Nevermind, he's awesome.

Hayvern
10-25-2009, 04:15 PM
I still don't understand the Derrick Johnson thing. It seems the only times he is in the game, he comes up with a big play. How many reps did he get today? 4?

texaschief
10-25-2009, 05:58 PM

He's over that injury. Wasn't listed on a SINGLE injury report all week and practiced with the team on friday.

texaschief
10-25-2009, 06:01 PM

He's over that injury. Wasn't listed on a SINGLE injury report all week and practiced with the team on friday.

I don't get the DJ thing either. He was stellar when he was in. Williams looked lost and was blown up on several occasions... but that goes for just about everyone on defense today. I don't blame the horrid defense solely on the players today. When your offense can't keep the defense off the field for more than 3 plays, you really can't expect much from the defense. That goes for great offenses AND horrible ones. That was a big part of the problem with the Chiefs defense in '03. The Chiefs just scored too damn fast to keep the defense fresh.

SIC J
10-25-2009, 06:10 PM
You act as though Haley has that much of a choice for the "top 53". haha

chief31
10-25-2009, 06:14 PM

I don't get the DJ thing either. He was stellar when he was in. Williams looked lost and was blown up on several occasions... but that goes for just about everyone on defense today. I don't blame the horrid defense solely on the players today. When your offense can't keep the defense off the field for more than 3 plays, you really can't expect much from the defense. That goes for great offenses AND horrible ones. That was a big part of the problem with the Chiefs defense in '03. The Chiefs just scored too damn fast to keep the defense fresh.

Nope. In 2003, the Chiefs offense had TOP at 29:35 per game. Only slightly below average.

Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=163191)

josh1971
10-25-2009, 08:06 PM
You act as though Haley has that much of a choice for the "top 53". haha

He and Scott Pioli had a whole off season to get choices for a good top 53.

Addressing a Swiss cheese offensive line by signing Goff, drafting Colin Brown, and a few other moves of "meh" level, that essentially crippled the running and passing games, and thus...

the entire offense.

I would kinda sorta call our defense improved except for the non-stop flights leaving from opponents' well protected pockets.

:bananen_smilies046:

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
10-25-2009, 08:21 PM

GO HAWKS!!!!! he isn't gonna leave IOWA!!!!!:bananen_smilies046:

Connie Jo
10-25-2009, 09:58 PM
Very discouraging, frustrating, & upsetting game today indeed...still, I'm holding steadfast with hope we will see a winning team emerge once the transition and re-building process has been completed through trial and error.

I have nothing else as a diehard Chiefs fan at this point in time...but to hold on to hope...the alternative of no hope is too depressing, haha. :)

honda522
10-25-2009, 10:00 PM
Very discouraging, frustrating, & upsetting game today indeed...still, I'm holding steadfast with hope we will see a winning team emerge once the transition and re-building process has been completed through trial and error.

I have nothing else as a diehard Chiefs fan at this point in time...but to hold on to hope...the alternative of no hope is too depressing, haha. :)

josh1971
10-25-2009, 10:01 PM
And they need to get the correct dang helmets back on!

Vandelay
10-25-2009, 10:22 PM
You got that right, this aint Texas.

KristofLaw
10-26-2009, 02:28 AM
Sometimes this place seems like a bad remake of Grumpy Old Men :(

tornadospotter
10-26-2009, 11:21 PM
He and Scott Pioli had a whole off season to get choices for a good top 53.

Addressing a Swiss cheese offensive line by signing Goff, drafting Colin Brown, and a few other moves of "meh" level, that essentially crippled the running and passing games, and thus...

the entire offense.

I would kinda sorta call our defense improved except for the non-stop flights leaving from opponents' well protected pockets.

:lol::funnypost:

tornadospotter
10-26-2009, 11:22 PM
Sometimes this place seems like a bad remake of Grumpy Old Men :(
I am aged, and very grumpy!:11:

tornadospotter
10-26-2009, 11:25 PM

You got that right, this aint Texas.
YEP!!!! I HATE THOSE DAMM THROW BACKS!!!

garciakcfan
10-27-2009, 10:19 AM
i think theyre pretty sweet!!!!!

Seek
10-27-2009, 12:46 PM

The media has said he was cleared to play, but is still hurt. He had a separated shoulder. The Chiefs felt it was better to sit him, with BYE week to get healthy instead of hurting it more.

As for your hatred for the Haley. I don't know what kind of coach he will be. But right now I am on the same Page as he is. There is players on this team that think their poo smells like roses, and they are so naturally gifted they don't have to work to get better. I don't care if those players are on this team.

It is the coaches job to get the players to play, but when you have cry babies like LJ playing half speed, or players like BOWE who ignore advice from Tony Gonazalez on work ethics. because he thinks is that good.

Then some fans want to blame the coach for not tolerating that losing behavior. Come one. This team has a bunch of losers on it and Haley knows it and is trying to fix it. If they don't want to play 100% and try to win. Sit their butts on the bench.

Brian Waters was the first to have a dispute with Haley. Since then, Brian's work ethics and demeanor has completely followed Haley's plan. Waters actually made the team wear pads one day instead of shells because he felt there was more work to be done. Waters is one of those guys. Even though his career is all but over.

kilobytes
10-28-2009, 05:55 PM
Mcgraw can't cover is the thing. It seems he can blitz and is a special teams demon but nothing more.