PDA

View Full Version : Freaking Hypocrites.

honda522
10-25-2009, 09:58 PM
Alright.

Who is tired of hypocrites?

One thing that really is bugging me is all of them. Especially about Cassel. One miniute your saying Cassel needs to take shots down the field, then the next minute your getting pissed cause he takes a shot down the field and he throws a pic?

Get over it! Did you honestly expect the us to go from the slumps of a Herm Edwards product of a team to dominating everyone? Sure there was hope it would happen just like what Atlanta did. I do see improvement, just not alot. 3rd down is killing us.

This is a learning year for everyone on the team. Not really targeting anyone here, but I hear alot of people do what they shouldn't do, being a hypocrite.

josh1971
10-25-2009, 10:04 PM
I didn't expect a huge turn around at all. I was hoping/dreaming of a 4-12 season or so, or maybe better.

But I will admit that there have been a bunch of off season moves that have been head-scratchers. With it being very obvious that our Offensive line was the biggest deficiency, we addressed it with neither the draft nor with the number of free agents we brought in.

Just seems like we have a coach who is being revealed to not know what he's doing, and GM who doesn't seem very concerned about it.

honda522
10-25-2009, 10:07 PM
I didn't expect a huge turn around at all. I was hoping/dreaming of a 4-12 season or so, or maybe better.

But I will admit that there have been a bunch of off season moves that have been head-scratchers. With it being very obvious that our Offensive line was the biggest deficiency, we addressed it with neither the draft nor with the number of free agents we brought in.

Just seems like we have a coach who is being revealed to not know what he's doing, and GM who doesn't seem very concerned about it.

I can see 4-12

Raiders - Win
Browns - Win
Bills- Win
Jags - Win

Those teams listed suck just as much as we do.

josh1971
10-25-2009, 10:08 PM
But if we win all four of those, Honda, we'll be 5-11 :D

Ryfo18
10-25-2009, 10:15 PM
I can't wait til we use that 2nd round draft pick next year that we got for Gonzalez.

He would absolutely make our passing and running game better.

honda522
10-25-2009, 10:16 PM
But if we win all four of those, Honda, we'll be 5-11 :D
Well ofcourse, but I all I was saying is those games are winnable for us.

josh1971
10-25-2009, 10:18 PM
I agree- those are the ones we *could* win.

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
10-25-2009, 10:54 PM
I can see 4-12

Raiders - Win
Browns - Win
Bills- Win
Jags - Win

Those teams listed suck just as much as we do.
Wouldn't that be 5 wins including washington

Connie Jo
10-25-2009, 11:10 PM
I'm just praying...that by December 6th our Chiefs will have worked out enough kinks they can kick some Donkey a** at Arrowhead!...if for no other reason, in honor of DT. :)

kilobytes
10-25-2009, 11:52 PM
I have disliked Cassel from the second I heard the trade. Thigpen with Gailey's scheme is a much better fit with this O line. Even with the Patriots he had a hard time and was sacked an unbelievable amount of times. He sucked badly today no matter the protection.

okikcfan
10-25-2009, 11:56 PM
But I will admit that there have been a bunch of off season moves that have been head-scratchers.

Now that's what I'm talking about, I fully agree with that!!!!!!

okikcfan
10-26-2009, 12:03 AM
I have disliked Cassel from the second I heard the trade. Thigpen with Gailey's scheme is a much better fit with this O line. Even with the Patriots he had a hard time and was sacked an unbelievable amount of times. He sucked badly today no matter the protection.
It's not Cassel, from what I have seen it's poor coverage, poor blocking, very little protection and worse yet, poor play calling, It's Haley! He's got way too much on his plate and he can't handle it.

kilobytes
10-26-2009, 12:04 AM
It's not Cassel, from what I have seen it's poor coverage, poor blocking, very little protection and worse yet, poor play calling, It's Haley! He's got way too much on his plate and he can't handle it.
Its both actually.

tornadospotter
10-26-2009, 02:04 AM
This is the main reason for the problems this season. Neither are with the Chiefs anymore.

Connie Jo
10-26-2009, 02:41 PM

At this point in time...I agree. I'm just hoping time will reveal improvement offensively overall. That's all one can do as a Chief fan under the current circumstances...hope.

kcchiefs4life
10-26-2009, 03:19 PM
I guess I feel there is no where to go from here other than up. I don't know what the plan is, Haley has really confused me with his decisions/tactics. Threatening to trade Dbowe in the middle of the game? Letting LJ run his mouth not once but TWICE now about him and the team? Trading Tank Tyler? I just hope we can get things in order from here on out. It sucks cause Herm destroyed our team, and we are still in the process of rebuilding again. I hope Pioli knows what he is doing, because so far I have some serious doubts. Cassel is getting his butt kicked in the pocket and to me it seems like nothing is being done about it. There are a TON of issues that need to be addressed in the off season/draft.

IlovetheChiefs
10-26-2009, 07:41 PM
We "could" win any of our remaining games. Just like Oakland beat Philly last week.

But I agree that those 4 listed are probably the only ones with realistic chances.

It looks like the situation is we have a weak team right now and will only win against other weak teams (like we did against Washington and should have done against Oakland [we did outgain Oakland by like 300 total yards]) and against stronger teams IF they have off games and/or make turnovers (as Baltimore's 2 turnovers enabled us to be even with them in the 4th quarter).

Coach
10-26-2009, 08:13 PM
I have been happy with Cassell. If for no other reason than just his ability to survive. For his ability to not just throw his hands up in the air and walk off the field. It takes brass gonads to take the punishment he is facing on a weekly basis.

The single biggest mistake made this season was the release of Chan Gailey. Stupid for too many reasons to list.

Bike
10-26-2009, 08:20 PM
I have been happy with Cassell. If for no other reason than just his ability to survive. For his ability to not just throw his hands up in the air and walk off the field. It takes brass gonads to take the punishment he is facing on a weekly basis.

The single biggest mistake made this season was the release of Chan Gailey. Stupid for too many reasons to list.
Chans' still on the payroll. Maybe Haley and LJ both go and Chan takes over....:11:

honda522
10-26-2009, 08:24 PM
Chans' still on the payroll. Maybe Haley and LJ both go and Chan takes over....:11:
No.

I still say give Haley a chance. Any other coaches that stepped into this place would have troubles as well and you would be calling for their head off as well.

Bike
10-26-2009, 08:30 PM
No.

I still say give Haley a chance. Any other coaches that stepped into this place would have troubles as well and you would be calling for their head off as well.
Well I doubt other 1st year hc's would had fired their oc/qb coach before the season. At least without a viable replacement. That blunder alone has me second-guessing his decision-making...

tornadospotter
10-26-2009, 08:59 PM

:bash:

:sign0151:

Well I doubt other 1st year hc's would had fired their oc/qb coach before the season. At least without a viable replacement. That blunder alone has me second-guessing his decision-making...
:bananen_smilies046:

PawnshopMarimba
10-26-2009, 09:03 PM
Bottom line: Cassell's accuracy needs to improve. It's been embarrassingly bad.
I would have benched the guy after the second pick. He was clearly frustrated (rightfully so, but still...) and was just chucking the ball up there for anyone.

Coach
10-26-2009, 09:09 PM
Peyton Manning would struggle with accuracy behind this line.

honda522
10-26-2009, 09:09 PM
I would have benched the guy after the second pick. He was clearly frustrated (rightfully so, but still...) and was just chucking the ball up there for anyone.
3 drops by Bowe doesn't help a dam thing for Cassel.

Unfortunately those make Cassel statistically look bad.

Hayvern
10-26-2009, 09:10 PM

That first pick was very frustrating, you cannot throw a pass much better than that only to have the receiver throw it up for anyone to catch it. I am sure that pulled him out of his game.

In short though, he has to get over it.

kilobytes
10-27-2009, 01:22 AM
No. Even when there was good protection Cassel was completely off. Manning is so good and a very intelligent QB it wouldn't make him that much worse.

Bike
10-27-2009, 01:42 AM
But Haley would probably have to allow manning to audible before the snap. That alone is worth 10 more 1st downs/game.

bigpoppachief
10-27-2009, 02:25 AM
Yeah honestly I just want us to beat Denver at home this year I will be happy if that happens :D

PawnshopMarimba
10-27-2009, 02:26 AM
That first pick was very frustrating, you cannot throw a pass much better than that only to have the receiver throw it up for anyone to catch it. I am sure that pulled him out of his game.

In short though, he has to get over it.

That pick was NOTHING. It was clearly not his fault and that should NOT have rattled a quarterback getting 10 mil a season.

But it did.

Apart from that, he was horrid @ Washington, too.
It's not as if the man hasn't had a terrible line prior to the last two games.

It just strikes me as funny that everyone who jumped whole heartedly on the Cassel wagon (as opposed to Thiggy) liked to spout that Matt's key strength over Tyler was his accuracy (because, let's face it, their stats were nearly identical in every other category).

At this point in the season, I honestly can't say that Cassel has performed any better than Thig did last year.

Don't get me wrong, I want Matt to succeed. I think he's a nice, humble, intelligent kid, and I wouldn't mind if someone like him turned into our franchise QB, but I can't help but notice that we're paying 60 Mil for a guy who has not, in any respect, outperformed the dirt cheap guy who captained our team last season.

You can bring up the fact that we don't have that one d-bag tight end who used to play here (whose name I can't seem to recall :biggrin:), or that Chan Gailey had a definite ability to turn nothing into something, and I'll grant you that those are clearly debatable points, but honestly guys... 60 mil... for this? We handed him that money before he ever even took a snap in a red jersey. Now we're kinda stuck with him in the same way we're stuck with Larry "Twitter Spelling Bee Runner Up" Johnson.

Isawa_mo
10-27-2009, 02:35 AM
One thing people have to remember about the Casell contract is that its not that huge for a QB. They normally get the most money of any position in the league. The great ones are getting around or over 100 mil, so to me, even if he is an average QB, the money was not huge for a QB.

I think he will be a Trent Green type. That is, once we get quality around him, he will shine. He cannot carry a team by himself, but I think he can be a guy that will win us some games when the time comes.

PawnshopMarimba
10-27-2009, 03:03 AM
One thing people have to remember about the Casell contract is that its not that huge for a QB. They normally get the most money of any position in the league. The great ones are getting around or over 100 mil, so to me, even if he is an average QB, the money was not huge for a QB.

I think he will be a Trent Green type. That is, once we get quality around him, he will shine. He cannot carry a team by himself, but I think he can be a guy that will win us some games when the time comes.

My beef is that we extended his contract and paid him that sum of money before he ever even took a snap.
I'm all for votes of confidence in young players, but that's just a wee bit silly, don'cha think?

Coach
10-27-2009, 05:42 PM
No. Even when there was good protection Cassel was completely off. Manning is so good and a very intelligent QB it wouldn't make him that much worse.

You are correct. On the 1 play this season where there was good protection, Cassell did overthrow the ball.

Unfortunately the other 214 times he dropped back this season he got beat like a rented mule. I'm sure that had no impact on his state of mind during the 1 play that where he stayed on his feet.

Cassell is and will be fine. The bigger question is whether he can survive this season in one piece. If we can get just an average line to protect him for 3-4 seconds, it will feel like he has all day compared to what he has become accustomed to.

kilobytes
10-27-2009, 05:44 PM
You are correct. On the 1 play this season where there was good protection, Cassell did overthrow the ball.

Unfortunately the other 214 times he dropped back this season he got beat like a rented mule. I'm sure that had no impact on his state of mind during the 1 play that where he stayed on his feet.

Cassell is and will be fine. The bigger question is whether he can survive this season in one piece. If we can get just an average line to protect him for 3-4 seconds, it will feel like he has all day compared to what he has become accustomed to.
No i saw plenty of plays with descent pass protection. Even with it he missed half the time.

Canada
10-27-2009, 09:29 PM
No i saw plenty of plays with descent pass protection. Even with it he missed half the time.

If our line is so good how come LJ is only getting 45 a game?

kilobytes
10-27-2009, 09:50 PM
If our line is so good how come LJ is only getting 45 a game?
There is a difference between pass blocking and run blocking. The point is even when Cassel had protection he sucked. I hope this was just an off game.

SAPHOJUNKIE
10-28-2009, 03:11 PM
There is a difference between pass blocking and run blocking. The point is even when Cassel had protection he sucked. I hope this was just an off game.

Every single thing you write strengthens my belief that you are one of those inexplicably bitter fans who hates the new regime and will never change that opinion.

You only bring up pure conjecture. Never facts. How about that Cassel had the third longest active streak without an interception? How about that it was pouring rain when finally he threw one?

How about that you have absolutely no leg to stand on, since you "hated him ever since (you) first heard about the trade."

Nice, real objective there. Your opinion is completely invalid, since it was made preemptively, without any evidence, and is unchangeable.

kilobytes
10-28-2009, 05:15 PM
Every single thing you write strengthens my belief that you are one of those inexplicably bitter fans who hates the new regime and will never change that opinion.

You only bring up pure conjecture. Never facts. How about that Cassel had the third longest active streak without an interception? How about that it was pouring rain when finally he threw one?

How about that you have absolutely no leg to stand on, since you "hated him ever since (you) first heard about the trade."

Nice, real objective there. Your opinion is completely invalid, since it was made preemptively, without any evidence, and is unchangeable.
Why do you keep responding to me with hate with the 8 posts you have? I never said I hated Cassel. I disliked the trade because he hadn't proven to me that he was a good QB. I know a lot of people here agree about that. The new regime so far hasn't done anything to prove to me they are any better than the last. I like how Haley is always getting on his players but the Derrick Johnson nonsense and the Chan Gailey firing makes me question his decisions. The play calling has got me puzzled even more than Herm's play calling it seems. I know a lot of people here agree with me on a lot of those issues. So far Cassel is turning out as I thought he would. He is not a bad QB at all. I just don't think it worth all that money we could have spent on... oh maybe...the Offensive line. The offense starts with the Offensive line. We never had a terrific QB and RB or even WR during the Vermeil years but we had the best offensive line..possibly of all time. We had the best offense in the league for awhile thanks to that O line.

tammietailgator
10-29-2009, 01:55 AM
Our Oline sucks... when they are blocking for him, he is busy looking over the field for an open player - I think his mindset has to be telling him, either get rid of the ball (because I have crappy line protection) or possibly end my carreer. Hmmm He would be stupid to think he is fully protected, even in the off chance that he is!

Canada
10-29-2009, 09:18 AM
We never had a terrific QB and RB or even WR during the Vermeil years but we had the best offensive line..possibly of all time.

What about your BF?

matthewschiefs
10-29-2009, 10:58 AM
You show me when he has had protection and i will see if i agree. He might have had protection a play or to but he needs to get it conistently to truely judge what he can do.

honda522
10-29-2009, 01:38 PM

OH

That is a BURN.