PDA

View Full Version : Dwayne Bowe is under performing...

King_of_the_Cassel
10-26-2009, 01:51 AM
He has all the talent in the world, but he misses some easy passes it seems every week. With this team at 1-5 ou would think he would play with more intensity than he does now.

Also, trade Sean Ryan now...

texaschief
10-26-2009, 01:59 AM
Todd Haley is underperforming.

FIRE Todd Haley RIGHT NOW.

If he were being held to the same standards that he's holding his players to, he wouldn't have made it past the preseason.

This guy's a joke. PERIOD

pbatrucker
10-26-2009, 07:29 AM
Todd Haley is underperforming.

FIRE Todd Haley RIGHT NOW.

If he were being held to the same standards that he's holding his players to, he wouldn't have made it past the preseason.

This guy's a joke. PERIOD
Pioli underperformed in the draft, now the coaches and players are underperforming.
The Chiefs need to get a few cases of beer and get the Gm, coaches and players inside the practice facility and have a open discussion about what's bothering them, with no reprocussions. Do a little bonding. See if they can come together as a TEAM. SO far we've found our backups and now have to find 22 starters and a few more coaches. I'll give PIoli another draft to make a decision on him.

yashi
10-26-2009, 09:22 AM
Pioli underperformed in the draft, now the coaches and players are underperforming.
The Chiefs need to get a few cases of beer and get the Gm, coaches and players inside the practice facility and have a open discussion about what's bothering them, with no reprocussions. Do a little bonding. See if they can come together as a TEAM. SO far we've found our backups and now have to find 22 starters and a few more coaches. I'll give PIoli another draft to make a decision on him.

Not just the draft, but the entire offseason. How do you go into free agency with the most cap space of any team, and somehow not end up signing a single quality free agent with an offensive line and defense in shambles, with no receiving threats other than Bowe?

Drunker Hillbilly
10-26-2009, 09:41 AM
Dwayne Bowe SUCKS!!!!

pbatrucker
10-26-2009, 09:52 AM
The whole team sucks!!!!

yashi
10-26-2009, 10:18 AM
Dwayne Bowe SUCKS!!!!

All of your posts are about how much you hate Bowe.

loyalchief91
10-26-2009, 11:16 AM
Dwayne Bowe doesn't suck he's just inconsistent. And yeah the whole team sucks.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-26-2009, 11:43 AM
All of your posts are about how much you hate Bowe.
You obviously don't read all my posts but as of late, I have posted several on how bad he is!!! Terribly inconsistant and not a number 1 receiver IMO.....on ANY team!

Chief Tyler
10-26-2009, 12:04 PM
He's inconsistent but potential is still there. I'm not sure what you guys expect of him right now though, this team is god awful. Yesterday was a perfect example, he drops an easy ball where he probably would have scored, and ends up getting boo'ed. He then bounces back on a ballsy 4 and 1 call from the 7 to make one of the best TD catches we've had in a long while on a slightly overthrown ball. If you guys want to ride him, that's fine but he's hardly the bulk of the problems.

First, if you want him to succeed to the way we think he can, he needs a lot of help. He needs a running game to open up the passing game. Play calling needs to improve, it's pretty difficult to get any kind of production from him when he's running short routes into tight coverage. We need more targets for Cassel so we can get more downfield 1 on 1 coverage plays, his athletic freak nature will come out then. Speaking of Cassel, he needs to step it up pretty bad. I know it's hard to get any sort of confidence when you're constantly on the ground, suffering dropped balls, ect. But overthrowing targets, hitting the wrong shoulder, putting balls nowhere near a red jersey, ect. as much as he does and as badly as he did yesterday isn't helping anybody.

Oh, and if you guys are still hard on Bowe, we should get rid of Wade and especially Ryan (lets kill our QB's confidence even more by falling for a ball that hit me right in the numbers just to try and save it but fail worse at that, putting the defense in horrible position yet again)

On the defensive side of the ball I'd be happy with starting over completely, keeping only Hali, Mayes, Carr, Flowers (love/hate), Dorsey (for how hard people are on him, at least he's been getting down and dirty in the running game consistently, more than can said for 3/4 DE prototype Jackson), and DJ (who for being a lazy bum guided our D to some incredible stops. I'm not sure why he isn't in, he makes plays, he doesn't miss tackles, he looked like an emotional leader yesterday, ect.)

Man that was exhausting, time to enter top 3 pick/bring back the Chin petition mode.

Bike
10-26-2009, 01:44 PM
He has all the talent in the world, but he misses some easy passes it seems every week. With this team at 1-5 ou would think he would play with more intensity than he does now.

The entire team - from the coaching staff on down - is underperforming.

Connie Jo
10-26-2009, 03:28 PM
He's inconsistent but potential is still there. I'm not sure what you guys expect of him right now though, this team is god awful. Yesterday was a perfect example, he drops an easy ball where he probably would have scored, and ends up getting boo'ed. He then bounces back on a ballsy 4 and 1 call from the 7 to make one of the best TD catches we've had in a long while on a slightly overthrown ball. If you guys want to ride him, that's fine but he's hardly the bulk of the problems.

First, if you want him to succeed to the way we think he can, he needs a lot of help. He needs a running game to open up the passing game. Play calling needs to improve, it's pretty difficult to get any kind of production from him when he's running short routes into tight coverage. We need more targets for Cassel so we can get more downfield 1 on 1 coverage plays, his athletic freak nature will come out then. Speaking of Cassel, he needs to step it up pretty bad. I know it's hard to get any sort of confidence when you're constantly on the ground, suffering dropped balls, ect. But overthrowing targets, hitting the wrong shoulder, putting balls nowhere near a red jersey, ect. as much as he does and as badly as he did yesterday isn't helping anybody.

Oh, and if you guys are still hard on Bowe, we should get rid of Wade and especially Ryan (lets kill our QB's confidence even more by falling for a ball that hit me right in the numbers just to try and save it but fail worse at that, putting the defense in horrible position yet again)

On the defensive side of the ball I'd be happy with starting over completely, keeping only Hali, Mayes, Carr, Flowers (love/hate), Dorsey (for how hard people are on him, at least he's been getting down and dirty in the running game consistently, more than can said for 3/4 DE prototype Jackson), and DJ (who for being a lazy bum guided our D to some incredible stops. I'm not sure why he isn't in, he makes plays, he doesn't miss tackles, he looked like an emotional leader yesterday, ect.)

Man that was exhausting, time to enter top 3 pick/bring back the Chin petition mode.

Nice post!

CapitalT
10-26-2009, 04:09 PM

The capital of Canada is Ottawa.

josh1971
10-26-2009, 07:36 PM
I don't know if Bowe is underperforming, but he sure is dropping a LOT of passes thrown his way. He's still scoring touchdowns and catching passes and getting yards.

So he's performing. Imagine how well he'd be doing if he had sticky hands.

Coach
10-26-2009, 07:42 PM
I'm not sure that he trusts Cassell. I think he hears footsteps and loses his concentration. I've seen a few plays in the last couple weeks where he has had drops because there was a defender getting ready to lay a good hit on him. He's not willing to give up the body.

honda522
10-26-2009, 07:55 PM
While I agree he is under preforming I still wouldn't want him on any other team.

I think he will improve, he and much like some of the rest of the team, are not adjusting to the new coaching methods.

Coach
10-26-2009, 08:04 PM
he and much like some of the rest of the team, are not adjusting to the new coaching methods.

Coaching methods shouldn't affect his ability to catch a ball that hits him in the hands. I like Bowe. I just wish he was more consistent.

honda522
10-26-2009, 08:23 PM
Coaching methods shouldn't affect his ability to catch a ball that hits him in the hands. I like Bowe. I just wish he was more consistent.
I dont know about that coach, you get use to the way someone teaches you something and you like it. Then all of the sudden someone is put in there who you dont know or dont do there way as well.

Someone now is teaching him a different way than he is use to and it seems he is getting worse.

Coach
10-26-2009, 08:24 PM
I dont know about that coach, you get use to the way someone teaches you something and you like it. Then all of the sudden someone is put in there who you dont know or dont do there way as well.

Someone now is teaching him a different way than he is use to and it seems he is getting worse.

Bowe dropping balls isn't anything that just started happening this season.

IlovetheChiefs
10-26-2009, 08:26 PM
Eagles fans often speak highly of DBowe to me. It appears that he's viewed pretty favorably by non-Chiefs fans who don't follow them as closely as we do.

Yes there is the dropped passes and inconsistencies, though.

honda522
10-26-2009, 08:26 PM
Bowe dropping balls isn't anything that just started happening this season.
Yes, I know, but it seems to be getting worse.

jtandcrew
10-27-2009, 08:52 AM
I still like Bowe tbh but he is being inconsistent. He drops the easy balls but makes these crazy acrobatic catches. Have Cassel throw the ball that he shouldnt catch and he will come up with them! :lol:

yashi
10-27-2009, 09:17 AM
I still like Bowe tbh but he is being inconsistent. He drops the easy balls but makes these crazy acrobatic catches. Have Cassel throw the ball that he shouldnt catch and he will come up with them! :lol:

That's what I was thinking. You know he did catch balls from JaMarcus Russell at LSU for a few years so maybe he's still not used to them being delivered anywhere close to him. :D

garciakcfan
10-27-2009, 09:57 AM
wow!!!! wtf are some of you guys talking about??? if anything this guy has been one of the bright spots on this team, yeah hes dropped a couple but who the hell has outperformed him?? It's kinda hard to get any consistency when our offense is playing worse than a high school team... 3 and outs lead to no rythmn and i feel that might have something to do with it. yeah he gets paid to catch the ball, i know, but if you're offense has no rythmn good luck sustaining drives and building confidence..... Dont trash the one guy who has caught a couple nice tds to give us leads late :lamende: :sign0104:

Drunker Hillbilly
10-27-2009, 11:50 AM
wow!!!! wtf are some of you guys talking about??? if anything this guy has been one of the bright spots on this team, yeah hes dropped a couple but who the hell has outperformed him?? It's kinda hard to get any consistency when our offense is playing worse than a high school team... 3 and outs lead to no rythmn and i feel that might have something to do with it. yeah he gets paid to catch the ball, i know, but if you're offense has no rythmn good luck sustaining drives and building confidence..... Dont trash the one guy who has caught a couple nice tds to give us leads late :lamende: :sign0104:
:funnypost: :sign0023: Bowe is mediocre at BEST! He would'nt be a #1 on most teams. I think Wade should be the #1 on the Chiefs. I actually wish they would trade Bowe and get some help for the O line. Then with protection your avg WR can actually get accurate balls thrown to them!

yashi
10-27-2009, 11:54 AM
:funnypost: :sign0023: Bowe is mediocre at BEST! He would'nt be a #1 on most teams. I think Wade should be the #1 on the Chiefs. I actually wish they would trade Bowe and get some help for the O line. Then with protection your avg WR can actually get accurate balls thrown to them!

Without Bowe we wouldn't have had the 1 touchdown we had Sunday. No other WR on this team comes close to being able to make that play.

Did Bowe give you a wedge in high school or something?

garciakcfan
10-27-2009, 12:20 PM
:funnypost: :sign0023: Bowe is mediocre at BEST! He would'nt be a #1 on most teams. I think Wade should be the #1 on the Chiefs. I actually wish they would trade Bowe and get some help for the O line. Then with protection your avg WR can ac, tually get accurate balls thrown to them!

I agree with your name, i think you are drunk.... mediocre at best, lol what a joke.... bobby wade? a possession receiver?????? are you kidding me right now??? So you think bobby wade is outperforming bowe?? talk about :sign0023: cause none of that made any sense

honda522
10-27-2009, 12:35 PM
Considering all the WR suck, why are we singling out Bowe?

Sure he is a number 1 draft pick, but Wade, Engram, and Bradley have been in way longer.

Chiefster
10-27-2009, 05:28 PM
I'm not sure that he trusts Cassell. I think he hears footsteps and loses his concentration. I've seen a few plays in the last couple weeks where he has had drops because there was a defender getting ready to lay a good hit on him. He's not willing to give up the body.

...This. I've seen him short arm a pass and pull up to keep from getting hit.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-27-2009, 07:10 PM
I agree with your name, i think you are drunk.... mediocre at best, lol what a joke.... bobby wade? a possession receiver?????? are you kidding me right now??? So you think bobby wade is outperforming bowe?? talk about :sign0023: cause none of that made any sense
I'm tellin you that Wade is far more consistant! Period. The numbers are almost identical.

Bowe: 23 rec/301 yds 4 TD's......13.1 avg

Wade: 20 rec/226 yds 2 TD's......11.3 avg

Bowe has far more drops as well. I'll take the possession guy over the 1 or 2 acrobatic catches and 4 or 5 drops any day! Even as drunk as I am I can see the numbers don't lie. If you think Bowe is sooooo superior and Wade is sooo inferior, maybe you need a drink!!:toast2: :drunkhb:

Drunker Hillbilly
10-27-2009, 07:15 PM
Without Bowe we wouldn't have had the 1 touchdown we had Sunday. No other WR on this team comes close to being able to make that play.

Did Bowe give you a wedge in high school or something?
I just don't think he is as good as some here do.

garciakcfan
10-27-2009, 07:24 PM
compare the amount of double coverages bowe has had to deal with compared to wade... Bowe has made some big catches for us this year and for the ppl complaining i dont see how you cant give him credit for that... Tell me someone on offense that has done what he has for us?? Wade is the beneficiary from the double teams..

Drunker Hillbilly
10-27-2009, 07:32 PM
compare the amount of double coverages bowe has had to deal with compared to wade... Bowe has made some big catches for us this year and for the ppl complaining i dont see how you cant give him credit for that... Tell me someone on offense that has done what he has for us?? Wade is the beneficiary from the double teams..
Like I said, I simply don't think he is as good as you obviously and some others here. He wouldn't be a #1 on most teams. Just to inconsistant. We've seen it since he's been here!

#58ChiefsFan
10-27-2009, 07:45 PM
The problem with the entire offense lays in the fact the OC is the HC.

Living near Indianpolis now and watching the colts play when our Chiefs are not. I can tell you that Tom Moore, Manning, Wayne and Clark are all huddled together looking at the game photos and making adjustments IN GAME.

What we have is an OC that is running the team and a first year qb with what 12 total wins as a starter? and little to no chance to make adjustments. Seems they have one game plan going in and live or die by that plan. Bowe has had Herm's mess and now this year. We have no ability to audible out of a bad play. Give our players some time, sure it is painful but the entire picture is not pretty right now.

honda522
10-27-2009, 09:41 PM

Living near Indianpolis now and watching the colts play when our Chiefs are not. I can tell you that Tom Moore, Manning, Wayne and Clark are all huddled together looking at the game photos and making adjustments IN GAME.

What we have is an OC that is running the team and a first year qb with what 12 total wins as a starter? and little to no chance to make adjustments. Seems they have one game plan going in and live or die by that plan. Bowe has had Herm's mess and now this year. We have no ability to audible out of a bad play. Give our players some time, sure it is painful but the entire picture is not pretty right now.
Well said...and welcome.

honda522
10-27-2009, 09:42 PM
I'm tellin you that Wade is far more consistant! Period. The numbers are almost identical.

Bowe: 23 rec/301 yds 4 TD's......13.1 avg

Wade: 20 rec/226 yds 2 TD's......11.3 avg

Bowe has far more drops as well. I'll take the possession guy over the 1 or 2 acrobatic catches and 4 or 5 drops any day! Even as drunk as I am I can see the numbers don't lie. If you think Bowe is sooooo superior and Wade is sooo inferior, maybe you need a drink!!:toast2: :drunkhb:

Don't forget, Bowe missed a game this year.

Bike
10-27-2009, 10:37 PM

Absolutely. If anybody needs an oc, its a 1st year hc and qb. The ability to adjust on the fly is HUGE in the nfl.

Coach
10-27-2009, 10:51 PM
Bowe is playing inconsistent. But he is by far our best WR.

Well said. Great post.

pbatrucker
10-28-2009, 02:35 AM
Well Duh!!!! If D Bowe wasn't dropping balls, just maybe we wouldn' have as many 3 and outs, maybe?

bigpoppachief
10-28-2009, 11:10 AM
The thing I find funny about many people on here is you got to remember a coach can only do so much. True Haley has made some questionable calls but he has also made some good ones that the players have messed up. We lost that Dallas game because of poor tackling no other reason. Pioli is a draft guru just give him some time if you think about it you can see he is setting it up trading people getting the ebst value he can. trust me I liked Tank Tyler and he is decent but getting a decent pick for him that can be packaged is huge with a guy liek Pioli running the show. Have faith people thing's will get better. I know it's hard simply because the Chiefs have NEVER sucked this bad, but it's ok there is a brighter future ahead.

brish
10-28-2009, 11:22 AM
I was excited at first about Haley calling the plays, because of what he did last year with Arizona. It wasn't only the great WR's and Warner, he was very good at making halftime adjustments.

I think it is clear, that it is not working right now..
But im afraid that hiring an OC and switching offenses again, is not the way to go. Atleast not until the off-season.
Hiring a temp. OC to run Haley's offense, might be the way to go..

Im glad that Haley said they are "analyzing" the whole offense, to try and find out what / who is the problem.
I think its a matter of the offense not fitting the players we have, and as someone already stated, the inability to make changes on the fly..

kilobytes
10-28-2009, 05:59 PM
Bowe can't catch wide open passes is the problem. He needs to learn to receive the ball and that's his number one priority. Otherwise he's awesome.

garciakcfan
10-28-2009, 06:57 PM
Well Duh!!!! If D Bowe wasn't dropping balls, just maybe we wouldn' have as many 3 and outs, maybe?

Duh what???? have you watched every single game this year??? theres been quarters where he didnt have one single ball thrown his way... im not saying he hasnt contributed to the problem, but he's been the brightest spot on this horrible horrible offense.... And teams would kill to have him on their squad, he is a number 1 receiver and if you dont see that you should watch water polo or something

pbatrucker
10-28-2009, 07:13 PM
Duh what???? have you watched every single game this year??? theres been quarters where he didnt have one single ball thrown his way... im not saying he hasnt contributed to the problem, but he's been the brightest spot on this horrible horrible offense.... And teams would kill to have him on their squad, he is a number 1 receiver and if you dont see that you should watch water polo or something
Everyone knows Bowe's talent, but they also know that he is not a number one reciever until he becomes a consistant reciever. He is afraid of getting hit and is probably thinkinng too much about making those big plays instead of the first priorty, catching the ball. Is he our best reciever, yes is he a good reciever, mot at this point. Now before I go into the pool, let me try to simplify my previous statement. If Bowe caught the passes he should catch, we would gain more yards and more first downs. I've probably played more football games than you've watched and have gained just a little experiance from those games. It's not about who could be great, but all about who gives good consistanat performances every week.