PDA

View Full Version : super bowl??

Robert l.
10-26-2009, 06:38 PM
Are we to not live to see our chiefs ever win a super bowl. Me being 31 I never got to live it when the team played in the big game. As the old saying goes "hope springs eturnal"

Connie Jo
10-26-2009, 06:43 PM
Well, I was 13 when I watched the Chiefs win Super Bowl IV...don't remember much, mostly that Lenny Dawson was cute, and how excited my dad was when they won, haha.

I've been waiting since to experience a return to the SB by my beloved Chiefs...it's been a very long wait indeed, but I'm still holding out that I will live to see my Chiefs return to Super Bowl!!! :)

IlovetheChiefs
10-26-2009, 07:01 PM
The Cardinals were 5-11 in 2006 and made the Super Bowl last year. The Rams were 4-12 in 1998 then went 13-3 in 1999 and won the Super Bowl. And how about the Ravens? Their first 4 years in a row no winning records. Then BAM comes 2000 and they win the Super Bowl and had one of the best defenses of all time. And we can go on and on with such examples.

What a difference a year makes, as the old saying goes. Sure it's been dismal since 2007, but you don't know what's in store for 2010, 2011, 2012.

Connie Jo
10-26-2009, 07:04 PM
I wonder...with the Chiefs winning a bid to host Super Bowl in what is it...2012?...if the Chiefs were the AFC Champs & went to Super Bowl that year...would the Super Bowl still be at Arrowhead...considering that would give the Chiefs some homefield advantage?

IlovetheChiefs
10-26-2009, 07:15 PM
I believe it is the case that a team can get home field advantage in the Super Bowl; that they wouldn't change the venue that's been determined years in advance. When Miami was real good under the Don Shula era, for instance, they made some Super Bowls and missed during the years it was held at their prior stadium (the Orange Bowl). But I believe had they made the Super Bowl during such years that it would have still been played there.

Hayvern
10-26-2009, 08:30 PM
I wonder...with the Chiefs winning a bid to host Super Bowl in what is it...2012?...if the Chiefs were the AFC Champs & went to Super Bowl that year...would the Super Bowl still be at Arrowhead...considering that would give the Chiefs some homefield advantage?

How is that possible? I had not heard that KC got the Super bowl, I thought there was a rule that it had to be in a dome or a fair weather city, KC is not that fair at the end of January.

tornadospotter
10-26-2009, 08:44 PM
:11:Kansas City, and Arrowhead lost the bid to host the Super Bowl in 2012, when the rolling roof did not win in the bond issue vote. The Hosting of the Super Bowl was conditioned on the rolling roof being built. That is not happening. Jackson County voters did not pass the separate bond issue to pay for the cost of the rolling roof for that would have been used for both Arrowhead and what ever the stadium the royals play in is called, it is not what it used to be called when I was a kid and attended games.:11:

Connie Jo
10-26-2009, 09:07 PM
:11:Kansas City, and Arrowhead lost the bid to host the Super Bowl in 2012, when the rolling roof did not win in the bond issue vote. The Hosting of the Super Bowl was conditioned on the rolling roof being built. That is not happening. Jackson County voters did not pass the separate bond issue to pay for the cost of the rolling roof for that would have been used for both Arrowhead and what ever the stadium the royals play in is called, it is not what it used to be called when I was a kid and attended games.:11:

Oh, I hadn't heard that...last I heard they thought the rolling roof would be approved without a problem. I didn't stay on top of much news like that after my x husband became sick.

So no Super Bowl in 2012 now huh? That sucks...oh well...I've heard pro's and con's from cities hosting Super Bowls.

Connie Jo
10-26-2009, 09:10 PM
How is that possible? I had not heard that KC got the Super bowl, I thought there was a rule that it had to be in a dome or a fair weather city, KC is not that fair at the end of January.

The NFL granted Arrowhead the 2012 Super Bowl a couple years back, on the condition a rolling roof would be installed to protect the stadium from the elements.

According to what Tornadospotter says though, the taxpayers didn't go along with voting for the funds needed to upgrade Arrowhead with a rolling roof.

Vandelay
10-26-2009, 09:15 PM
Roofs are for wusses.

Connie Jo
10-26-2009, 09:24 PM
Here are some images I had of what the rolling roof was suppose to look like, had voting taxpayers passed the proposal for funding it...necessary for Arrowhead to keep it's bid to host Super Bowl 2012.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/connieemery/Chiefs/Chiefs%20photos/rollingroof2.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/connieemery/Chiefs/Chiefs%20photos/rollingroof3.jpg

Connie Jo
10-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Roofs are for wusses.

If my NFL History memory is correct...the NFL implented the Super Bowl stadium host requirements due to the 'Ice Bowl' played in Green Bay.