PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 on why preist is better than LJ

Robert l.
10-26-2009, 07:00 PM
#10. The ability to catch a screen pass.
# 9. Playing on 3rd down to help PASS BLOCK !!
# 8. 50 plus touchdowns in 2 seasons.
# 7. Plays with heart. Has the ability to come back time after time from MAJOR injuries to set nfl and team records.

# 6. Has cool first name. Like a name made from devine intervention. Lol

# 5. Never was wearing the preverbial "diapers".
# 4. Priest was in the running for leauge mvp when manning and mcnair won the award together.

# 3. Holmes was not a thorn in the side of the organization
# 2. Even though it wasn't with the chiefs, priest has him a ring
# 1. No other RB. Put up better overall stats in that period of time while number 31 was playing with the chiefs.

kilobytes
10-26-2009, 07:06 PM
This is a terrible top 10 no matter if you hate LJ or not. LJ has caught plenty of screen passes and hasn't dropped one yet this year. TD stat is way overrated and was because of O line. LJ was stronger and faster. Admit it. There is no denying LJ was more impressive. Enough of the hate just because of his attitude.

Robert l.
10-26-2009, 07:12 PM
Priest was way more influental in the overall teams sucess than LJ. LJ has had a few good years. Every year priest played for kc was a good year. And the TD stat is not a lie, its true. LJ will never come close to putting any nfl records up.

Bike
10-26-2009, 07:19 PM
Priest was a man. LJ is a a whiner who needs his diapers changed - again.

honda522
10-26-2009, 07:26 PM
Right on man...we all wish Priest was back.

kilobytes
10-26-2009, 07:38 PM
LJ already holds NFL records. Of course the TD stat is not a lie....I said its overrated. You could stick any scrub at HB and run it in every time you get to the one. Its and overrated stat is what Im saying. YPC is a good stat to judge a HB.

yashi
10-26-2009, 09:41 PM
LJ already holds NFL records. Of course the TD stat is not a lie....I said its overrated. You could stick any scrub at HB and run it in every time you get to the one. Its and overrated stat is what Im saying. YPC is a good stat to judge a HB.

Yes, putting touchdowns on the board is overrated. LT couldn't get into the end zone on 8 tries from the goal line against us, but that's overrated.

That's hilarious man. How do you win football games? Oh yeah, scoring touchdowns.

And BTW, during LJ's "record" season (I don't see how a record for being handed the football 400 times is so impressive), his YPC wasn't very good.

Robert l.
10-26-2009, 09:46 PM
I guess this top ten list is bad, bad if u route for LJ.

hometeam
10-26-2009, 09:51 PM
#3 alone negates anything LJ has ever done.

Btw priest pass blocks. Priest makes cutbacks,

LJ falls down. He had 2 good years, and he would rather spit on you then shake your hand. LJ is a smudge in the organizations History, while Priest is a sparkle.

Connie Jo
10-26-2009, 09:56 PM
The most important reason why Priest is better than LJ...

CLASS!

Vandelay
10-26-2009, 10:03 PM
The most important reason why Priest is better than LJ...

CLASS!
So is LJ.
Just without the C and the L.

honda522
10-26-2009, 10:11 PM
So is LJ.
:lol:

Good one :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
10-26-2009, 10:55 PM
This is a terrible top 10 no matter if you hate LJ or not. LJ has caught plenty of screen passes and hasn't dropped one yet this year. TD stat is way overrated and was because of O line. LJ was stronger and faster. Admit it. There is no denying LJ was more impressive. Enough of the hate just because of his attitude.

So when LJ isnt getting yards it because we have a terrible O line, then when he is gettingyards (behind the same line Priest had mostly)its because LJ is an awesome RB.

We do that with LJ and look where it gets us.

tornadospotter
10-26-2009, 11:08 PM
So is LJ.
Yes!

If we need a power back, lets find a Nightmare!!!

A Christian type.

honda522
10-26-2009, 11:22 PM
Yes!

If we need a power back, lets find a Nightmare!!!

A Christian type.

That sounds like an O'kye plan :lol:

rodu
10-26-2009, 11:47 PM
Priest was way more influental in the overall teams sucess than LJ. LJ has had a few good years. Every year priest played for kc was a good year. And the TD stat is not a lie, its true. LJ will never come close to putting any nfl records up.

Priest had better talent around him, by the time Priests career was ending, the team was on the decline

kilobytes
10-27-2009, 01:05 AM
So when LJ isnt getting yards it because we have a terrible O line, then when he is gettingyards (behind the same line Priest had mostly)its because LJ is an awesome RB.

We do that with LJ and look where it gets us.
What I mean is LJ was better with the same line than Priest ever was. There is no denying it. People use his personality to cloud their judgment about LJ. Once again go look back at old videos of LJ and compare to Holmes. Looking back I realize Priest wasn't as good as I thought. Just follows blockers. Priest does have very good cutback ability though. An above average back. A few impressive moves here and there but really not as good as LJ. Not that agile or even fast as you would think. Don't lie to me either. LJ had a great o line yes but he did a lot on his own. His combo of power and speed is a rare talent. He hit holes with more authority than Priest ever did. People can't ignore his off field issues so they say he sucked and always has sucked. They say Priest was better just because of his class...bull****. That doesn't make you a better HB. This is American Football....

Priest is the better person yes but LJ is the better HB.

And the one yard line thing was meant to be behind our fantastic O line. Not just any o line a scrub could make it. The Chargers O line sucks and LT is not even close to what he once was. Im saying any scrub could make it behind our O line when Priest was playing during his glory days.

Robert l.
10-27-2009, 01:46 AM
LJ has given up. He is not trying to produce. Maybe due to age, but I think because of his attitude. when he got his big contract, his stats went down, way down. He will never be a top ten HB again. What's wrong with using your blockers to get yards and tds?? LJ should pop in some priest tapes, get some of TO's popcorn and learn.

Chiefster
10-27-2009, 01:58 AM
Another thread I love. :lol:

chief31
10-27-2009, 06:33 AM

The TD stat is definitely more telling of the team than the player, just as any other stat is. No more. No less.

Aside from the amazing blocking that was in place at the time, the offensive style made defenses try to cover every angle to slow the running game, because it was coming from every direction.

The fact that Vermiel had the entire NFL spreading their defenses out to try and counter the scheme opened the middle far more than it would normally have been.

Afer having been destroyed for years by the sweep, opponents tried to come prepared to stop that.

I don't have a problem admitting that LJ was good once he got past the LOS. But he always refused to get past the LOS any way but through the middle.

Having great stats for one half of a season most certainly does not make him more talented than Priest.

Vanilla Garilla
10-27-2009, 09:39 AM
Is there even a contest in this debate? Priest was better hands down in nearly every aspect. I don't care what records LJ breaks, Priest was and is my all time favorite Chiefs Running Back.

yashi
10-27-2009, 09:42 AM
Is there even a contest in this debate? Priest was better hands down in nearly every aspect. I don't care what records LJ breaks, Priest was and is my all time favorite Chiefs Running Back.

Amen.

Connie Jo
10-27-2009, 12:36 PM
So is LJ.

Ditto that! hahaha

:bananen_smilies046:

Connie Jo
10-27-2009, 12:50 PM
Oh, but these were some good offensive years, and some GREAT Priest moments in Chiefs history!

Priest setting his 27th TD Record!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/connieemery/Chiefs/Chiefs%20photos/PH-TD-27th-1.jpg

Connie Jo
10-27-2009, 12:53 PM
More!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/connieemery/Chiefs/Chiefs%20photos/Priest-Air512.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/connieemery/Chiefs/Chiefs%20photos/PH-TD-9-18-05-355.jpg

My personal favorite! Nope, not a touched up photo either...he really does appear to be flying!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/connieemery/Chiefs/Chiefs%20photos/PH-Air350.jpg