PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Suspend LJ.....INDEFINITELY!

Vanilla Garilla
10-27-2009, 01:52 PM
« Bucs release OL Johnson after DUI arrest (http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/10/27/bucs-release-ol-johnson-after-dui-arrest/)

News (http://blogs.nfl.com/category/news/)
Chiefs suspend Johnson indefinitely (http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/10/27/chiefs-suspend-johnson-indefinitely/)

Posted: October 27th, 2009 | NFL.com Staff | Tags: Kansas City Chiefs (http://blogs.nfl.com/tag/kansas-city-chiefs/), Larry Johnson (http://blogs.nfl.com/tag/larry-johnson/), Todd Haley (http://blogs.nfl.com/tag/todd-haley/)

(http://blogs.nfl.com/tag/todd-haley/)
While Kansas City Chiefs coach Todd Haley is expected to address the recent comments by RB Larry Johnson during a news conference Tuesday, the team did release a statement saying it is continuing to investigate the situation.
In the meantime, Johnson it not being allowed to practice with the team or participate in team activities.
“The Kansas City Chiefs and the National Football League are continuing to investigate the alleged comments made by Larry Johnson,” the statement read. “Until that review is complete, the Chiefs have instructed Larry to refrain from practicing with the Chiefs or participating in other team activities. A decision regarding Larry’s status will be made once the investigation has concluded.”
Johnson released an apology of his own Tuesday through his representatives.
“First of all, I want to apologize to the fans of the Kansas City Chiefs and the rest of the NFL, Commissioner Goodell, the Chiefs organization, Coach Todd Haley, his staff, and my teammates for the words I used yesterday,” the statement read. ”I regret my actions. The words were used by me in frustration, and they were not appropriate.
“I did not intend to offend anyone, but that is no excuse for what I said. I also want to apologize to all the kids who view athletes as role models. I was not a good role model yesterday and hopefully I can become a better role model. We all make mistakes, and the challenge is to learn from them.
“I will do my best to learn from this one as I move toward becoming a better person, teammate, and member of the Kansas City Chiefs team and community.”

I FOR ONE SAY: ABOUT EFFIN TIME! Way to be Chiefs Org.

yashi
10-27-2009, 01:55 PM
Thank god. But I hope the reason they're not cutting him outright is a legality or monetary move, rather than them actually having plans for him wear a Chiefs uniform ever again.

Vandelay
10-27-2009, 02:40 PM
Sir Tweets-a-lot is finally getting what he deserves.

Bike
10-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Time to pack the Bentley and get out. No need to wait for any investigation. Just do us all a favor and leave.

Connie Jo
10-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Thing is...I highly doubt that statement released by LJ's reps were his words from his mouth...he pay's people to speak for him in the best possible way to be of benefit to him...in this case, hoping for sympathy.

I'm not buying he's genuinely remorseful, other than fearing his wallet may be thinner in the future & his future overall. It is what it is, and he is what he is...people get what they put in, and get what they deserve...sometimes, and this appears to be one of those times.

Stumplifter
10-27-2009, 03:30 PM
Yikes, look what technology can do!

Knucklehead should have known that the moment he posts something like that the whole world can read it.

I agree with those that think he doesn't want to be in KC and this is his way of punching his ticket out of town.

KCCAT21
10-27-2009, 04:43 PM
Thing is...I highly doubt that statement released by LJ's reps were his words from his mouth...he pay's people to speak for him in the best possible way to be of benefit to him...in this case, hoping for sympathy.

I'm not buying he's genuinely remorseful, other than fearing his wallet may be thinner in the future & his future overall. It is what it is, and he is what he is...people get what they put in, and get what they deserve...sometimes, and this appears to be one of those times.

I couldn't agree more. The only reason he is saying he is sorry is because they reminded him that if he gets cut he doesn't get any of the money. He will hopefully be broke and out of the league very soon. Then he can go back and ask his daddy for some money cause he was to damn stupid to keep his mouth shut and make his own money.

Coach
10-27-2009, 04:58 PM
No Surprise here. It's not like the Chiefs are making a run at the playoffs. This is Pioli/Haley's chance to make a statement about the character of people they are looking for in the locker room.

kilobytes
10-27-2009, 05:05 PM
Everything we do is human nature. Can't blame people in the tendencies they have. Like most of us will hate LJ (not me) because of the way he acts but you must realize the emotional challenges he has had. He is a complex human being that most of us don't understand. Its extremely hard to kick habits or the way you are. Deep down he is in turmoil. We must understand one another but its human nature to be ignorant. I was fortunate enough to think of this philosophy because of certain events that triggered me to think it. This philosophy is really hard for people to understand because they seem to think that everything is your own fault when we can't help our tendencies. Then they say you control your actions. Well its harder for certain people to control anger than others. Its basically just all your fate and the certain circumstances when you were a kid which led up to what you are. Tendencies are harder to stop for some people than others. So deal with it. You can help the less fortunate people, if you were fortunate enough, to kick the tendencies but its nearly impossible to do so. Thats all i will say about this complex philosophical thought. I can't help thinking this way because it just popped up in thought.

I honestly don't give a damn from all the things he has done because its really minor things. I don't like this suspension. I just don't because thats what I think.

You all got your wish......

Chiefster
10-27-2009, 05:08 PM

Typed the words right off my keyboard! These words would carry a lot more weight coming from LJ himself instead of his cronies.

Coach
10-27-2009, 05:13 PM
Secretly, Haley is very happy that LJ has taken the attention off the fact that this team is 1-6 and just got embarassed at home by the Bolts.

Chiefster
10-27-2009, 05:14 PM
Secretly, Haley is very happy that LJ has taken the attention off the fact that this team is 1-6 and just got embarassed at home by the Bolts.

:lol: Good point!

KCINNYC
10-27-2009, 05:54 PM
Everything we do is human nature. Can't blame people in the tendencies they have. Like most of us will hate LJ (not me) because of the way he acts but you must realize the emotional challenges he has had. He is a complex human being that most of us don't understand. Its extremely hard to kick habits or the way you are. Deep down he is in turmoil. We must understand one another but its human nature to be ignorant. I was fortunate enough to think of this philosophy because of certain events that triggered me to think it. This philosophy is really hard for people to understand because they seem to think that everything is your own fault when we can't help our tendencies. Then they say you control your actions. Well its harder for certain people to control anger than others. Its basically just all your fate and the certain circumstances when you were a kid which led up to what you are. Tendencies are harder to stop for some people than others. So deal with it. You can help the less fortunate people, if you were fortunate enough, to kick the tendencies but its nearly impossible to do so. Thats all i will say about this complex philosophical thought. I can't help thinking this way because it just popped up in thought.

I honestly don't give a damn from all the things he has done because its really minor things. I don't like this suspension. I just don't because thats what I think.

BLAH BLAH BLAH. Be a man an own your actions. Save the psycho therapy for Oprah. Give me a break. The guy has no morals, he is arrogant, and a woman abuser who is a complete a**hole in the locker room and everyone hates him, assistant coaches and players alike.

Seriously.
That is the lamest post I have ever read.

kilobytes
10-27-2009, 05:58 PM
BLAH BLAH BLAH. Be a man an own your actions. Save the pyscho therapy for Oprah. Give me a break. The guy has no morals, he is arrogant, and a woman abuser who is a complete a**hole in the locker room and everyone hates him, assistant coaches and players alike.

Seriously.
That is the lamest post I have ever read.
See....ignorance

In fact really ignorant

KCINNYC
10-27-2009, 06:00 PM
[quote=kilobytes;163726]

See....ignorance

In fact really ignorant

Again, the lamest post I have ever read.
And I love how you love yourself, "That is all I will say about this complex philisophical thought."
Yeah buddy, youre a genius.

kilobytes
10-27-2009, 06:03 PM
[quote=kilobytes;163726]See....ignorance[/quote

Again, the lamest post I have ever read.
And I love how you love yourself, "Again, that is all I will say about this complex philisophical thought."
Yeah buddy, youre a genius.
I see you have come up with some intelligent well thought out posts....:sign0023:
but thats who you are i am guessing

IlovetheChiefs
10-27-2009, 06:05 PM
LJ should run for political office. His apology sounded just like a politician's who got caught with his hands in the cookie jar.

LJ MUST GO! And he will soon. And the Chiefs will be better for it too.

Hayvern
10-27-2009, 06:19 PM

Our ability to control our emotions and tendencies are what seperates us from being animals.

No one can blame a dog who has been whipped over and over again when the dog lashes out and bites someone who raises a hand to them.

But we as humans have the ability to control our emotions and to be productive members of society. If you cannot do that, then you have to seek professional help. There is help out there for LJ if he has anger management issues, he should avail himself, he certainly can afford it.

Society does not and should not put up with people who cannot control themselves, we have mental health and detention facilities for those who cannot. If LJ genuinely wants to change, he can, there are plenty of people out there that can help him.

#58ChiefsFan
10-27-2009, 06:31 PM
LJ seems to be turning into the TO of our team.

In the end Charles and hopefully Smith will be able to shoulder the load and become a tandem the Chiefs can once again be proud of. We still have some good young talent in the RB position.

At 30 LJ doesn't have a ton of years left in the league and I question his ability to mentor the younger players on the team.

Stumplifter
10-27-2009, 06:59 PM
I doubt that Larry will play another game as a Chief.

Sort of torn on the subject.
When Larry was in his prime he was fun to watch and it was great that he was with KC. When he had his 'not so great' moments with things he said and did out in public, he was sort of a black eye for the franchise.

Then again, he never claimed to be a model citizen.... and it's not like some of the things he said about Haley aren't justified!

kilobytes
10-27-2009, 07:36 PM
I doubt that Larry will play another game as a Chief.

Sort of torn on the subject.
When Larry was in his prime he was fun to watch and it was great that he was with KC. When he had his 'not so great' moments with things he said and did out in public, he was sort of a black eye for the franchise.

Then again, he never claimed to be a model citizen.... and it's not like some of the things he said about Haley aren't justified!
Good to hear a non biased post for once.

jb908
10-27-2009, 07:40 PM
I LOVE LJ. He knows his career is winding down and he has no future as a chief regardless. (or anyone else for the matter because the team is terrible) This is his way of saying, cut me now so i can move on to bigger and better things. Whether he goes to another team OR lays on the beach every day.... JOKES ON US. Todd Haley is a terrible human. There is no reason this team should be worse than last year.

kilobytes
10-27-2009, 07:41 PM
Our ability to control our emotions and tendencies are what seperates us from being animals.

No one can blame a dog who has been whipped over and over again when the dog lashes out and bites someone who raises a hand to them.

But we as humans have the ability to control our emotions and to be productive members of society. If you cannot do that, then you have to seek professional help. There is help out there for LJ if he has anger management issues, he should avail himself, he certainly can afford it.

Society does not and should not put up with people who cannot control themselves, we have mental health and detention facilities for those who cannot. If LJ genuinely wants to change, he can, there are plenty of people out there that can help him.
It depends on how you were raised and other circumstances. We have more control than other animals but we still can't control everything. so it is technically impossible to control yourself 100% in all circumstances

honda522
10-27-2009, 07:45 PM
This goes from worse, to best.

SAPHOJUNKIE
10-27-2009, 08:14 PM
It depends on how you were raised and other circumstances. We have more control than other animals but we still can't control everything. so it is technically impossible to control yourself 100% in all circumstances

It depends on how you were raised? Exactly how has LJ been deprived? What horrible existence does he come from?

In fact, LJ was TWEETING ABOUT HOW AWESOME HIS DAD IS.

Lemme guess...LJ comes from a hard neighborhood. Tough life, right? Yeah, he's real ghetto. He's had it tough, what with his dad having played professional ball (see LJ's tweet for source info) and being a college coach. Oh what a tough life he's had.

But you're right, it's hard to change who you are. For instance, LJ is an @sshole. He has always been an @sshole, and in all likelihood, he will be an @sshole until he takes his last, bitter breath.

Of course, you don't mind him, because his actions are really "minor." Well, I don't think violence towards women is quite as dismissable as you, but then again, you have really pondered this "complex philisophical" topic so thoroughly, the rest of us are mere infants in the dark on the matter.

It must be nice to be so evolved. I'm sure you could explain the rationality behind spitting a drink in a woman's face, but it's probably way too advanced for us cretins to understand.

Now...ahem...SHUT YOUR STUPID FACE.

kilobytes
10-27-2009, 08:33 PM
It depends on how you were raised? Exactly how has LJ been deprived? What horrible existence does he come from?

In fact, LJ was TWEETING ABOUT HOW AWESOME HIS DAD IS.

Lemme guess...LJ comes from a hard neighborhood. Tough life, right? Yeah, he's real ghetto. He's had it tough, what with his dad having played professional ball (see LJ's tweet for source info) and being a college coach. Oh what a tough life he's had.

But you're right, it's hard to change who you are. For instance, LJ is an @sshole. He has always been an @sshole, and in all likelihood, he will be an @sshole until he takes his last, bitter breath.

Of course, you don't mind him, because his actions are really "minor." Well, I don't think violence towards women is quite as dismissable as you, but then again, you have really pondered this "complex philisophical" topic so thoroughly, the rest of us are mere infants in the dark on the matter.

It must be nice to be so evolved. I'm sure you could explain the rationality behind spitting a drink in a woman's face, but it's probably way too advanced for us cretins to understand.

Now...ahem...SHUT YOUR STUPID FACE.
Something called being spoiled and people you hang around with. But it might not be that either. It could be a plethora of things. Nobody knows for sure about LJ. Nobody except his family and friends. Possibly not even they know for sure. You certainly don't know anything of his real self. I don't know either. I don't know why you are being an ******* as well to me. I don't know how that pisses you off. I just posted what I was thinking. You are sounding no better than LJ.

Im sure athletes back in the day got away with almost everything. You can't even say nothing without getting suspended these days.

Canada
10-27-2009, 08:52 PM
Good to hear a non biased post for once.

Do you ever have one?

You are sounding no better than LJ.

So you like him too?

josh1971
10-27-2009, 09:01 PM
You can't even say nothing without getting suspended these days.

That's not true, otherwise TO, Chad Ochodumbass, and many others would hardly ever see the field.

kilobytes
10-27-2009, 09:15 PM
You all know I like to be Devil's Advocate just to piss people off? I don't like going with the flow and being a bandwagon person. Just the way I am. Keep that in mind and don't take everything so seriously. Its the INTERNETS!!! Its all fun and games to me. This is fun stuff.

IlovetheChiefs
10-27-2009, 09:21 PM
Well it's not being a bandwagon person to just say what you really think and feel.

stoneygirl
10-27-2009, 09:36 PM
I'm not saying what LJ has said and done is right or wrong, but haven't we all talked some trash at some point in our lives. Also, I don't know a single person who hasn't b*tched or complained about their job,coworkers,or boss.

honda522
10-27-2009, 09:39 PM
I'm not saying what LJ has said and done is right or wrong, but haven't we all talked some trash at some point in our lives. Also, I don't know a single person who hasn't b*tched or complained about their job,coworkers,or boss.
People get fired for complaining all the time. This dude is making millions for what now?

reded
10-27-2009, 09:42 PM

Pretty sure I b*tch about something everyday, just not to the media or on a worldwide forum, which could in turn cause negative ramifications for my entire company.

stoneygirl
10-27-2009, 10:00 PM
I was just simply stating that he's not doing anything the rest of us haven't done. Like I said, I'm not saying its right or wrong.

KCraised
10-27-2009, 10:02 PM
His poor agent. That is a joke for him to apologize. Hope it violates the NFL conduct policy and we can get rid of this cancer for good.....good job, chiefs org.!!!!

josh1971
10-27-2009, 10:17 PM
Yeah, anyone who doubts about ramifications should go on the internet tomorrow, and completely trash your business and your boss.

And then... good luck!

Coach
10-27-2009, 11:13 PM
Do you ever have one?

So you like him too?

Don't hate on Canada for being blunt and calling out the obvious. It's really not his fault. He had a rough childhood or something like that.

This whole argument around LJ being given a free pass because of the way he was raised is about as ridiculous as I've ever heard. Let's say next week LJ punches a women's teeth out, would that be excused as well because there must have been something tramatic in his childhood?

It's a poor argument. My argument would be that LJ made a mistake like all of us do. His mistakes are magnified because he is an athlete and was provoked by the unhappy fans of a 1-6 team in a public forum. If you push anyone far enough, they will push back. He did, now he is paying the consequences.

This whole issue in my mind is about a lack of judgement. If I openly criticized my boss in front of millions of people, there is a strong chance I would be looking for a new job. He did, and he will be. If his comments only involved gay slurs, then he would could apoligize and be on his way. Instead he attacked his boss and as a result he will soon be looking for new employment.

rbedgood
10-27-2009, 11:16 PM
You all know I like to be Devil's Advocate just to piss people off? I don't like going with the flow and being a bandwagon person. Just the way I am. Keep that in mind and don't take everything so seriously. Its the INTERNETS!!! Its all fun and games to me. This is fun stuff.

Negative rep...seriously dude folks around here aren't that hard to get along with. Try it for once.

kilobytes
10-28-2009, 01:18 AM
:lamende: :lamende: :lamende:
Negative rep...seriously dude folks around here aren't that hard to get along with. Try it for once.
My posts are always getting attacked because my non caring thoughts towards LJ. Im also getting attacked for my thoughts on how everything is just human nature. It seems I have to hate LJ in order to get along

you all still don't get my human nature thing....thats not what i meant to the guy who just indirectly referred to my theory a few posts above.

Anyway enough of this. Focus on the much bigger problems with the team

Chiefster
10-28-2009, 01:26 AM
Don't hate on Canada for being blunt and calling out the obvious. It's really not his fault. He had a rough childhood or something like that.

This whole argument around LJ being given a free pass because of the way he was raised is about as ridiculous as I've ever heard. Let's say next week LJ punches a women's teeth out, would that be excused as well because there must have been something tramatic in his childhood?

It's a poor argument. My argument would be that LJ made a mistake like all of us do. His mistakes are magnified because he is an athlete and was provoked by the unhappy fans of a 1-6 team in a public forum. If you push anyone far enough, they will push back. He did, now he is paying the consequences.

This whole issue in my mind is about a lack of judgement. If I openly criticized my boss in front of millions of people, there is a strong chance I would be looking for a new job. He did, and he will be. If his comments only involved gay slurs, then he would could apoligize and be on his way. Instead he attacked his boss and as a result he will soon be looking for new employment.

Yeah, we'll need to feel his pain.

pbatrucker
10-28-2009, 01:29 AM

This a serious case of man love!!!!

tornadospotter
10-28-2009, 01:43 AM
My posts are always getting attacked because my non caring thoughts towards LJ. Im also getting attacked for my thoughts on how everything is just human nature. It seems I have to hate LJ in order to get along

you all still don't get my human nature thing....thats not what i meant to the guy who just indirectly referred to my theory a few posts above.

Anyway enough of this. Focus on the much bigger problems with the team
I agree, this team is sucking, love them still I do, I still think hum 1-6, we could still win out, and make the play offs!!!:11:

Bike
10-28-2009, 01:45 AM
I agree, this team is sucking, love them still I do, I still think hum 1-6, we could still win out, and make the play offs!!!:11:
10-6 babeeeee!!!:bananen_smilies046:

Hayvern
10-28-2009, 03:06 AM
My posts are always getting attacked because my non caring thoughts towards LJ. Im also getting attacked for my thoughts on how everything is just human nature.

No we get your point on Human Nature, we just don't agree that it is a valid excuse for keeping LJ on the team.

You can succumb to your animal tendencies all you want, go ahead, you will be in jail within a few years and then we will not have to hear anymore about how it is all human nature.

PawnshopMarimba
10-28-2009, 04:11 AM

I get what you're saying about human nature, and to an extent you are correct; many of our personality traits are sort of pre-destined in a way by our genetics.

But at the same time, that's still not an excuse, and you know it. Would you simply shrug your shoulders as you have effectively done with LJ if someone, acting on "human nature" murdered the entirety of your family (because, as I'm sure you know, the tendency to commit serious crimes is now thought in part to be a genetic trait)? No, you wouldn't, because that behavior is harmful to others and therefore unacceptable in our society.

Same with LJ. His behavior is detrimental to the functionality of a team and a business, and he should therefore be extricated from the situation. Easy as pie.

Connie Jo
10-28-2009, 01:28 PM

Well, I don't 'hate', but I will dislike and disrespect a person based upon who they are as a human being by their own choices. I do fully comprehend your opinion, however...I respectively disagree. I consider myself a very complex individual too in many ways, and my own childhood was one of which likely was very comparible to LJ's, if not worse.

I may be judgmental on the subject, but considering my own very bad & abusive childhood, and my not allowing it to be an excuse/reason for my adult failures/success' in life...I haven't much empathy for the 'blame it on the childhood' excuse.

There are many times in my life I have to bite my tongue, not react 'naturally'...it takes inner strength to maintain self control and self discipline. Sometimes yes...we lose it naturally as humans...but, we hopefully are mature enough to learn from those mistakes, build upon our inner strength of learning self control & discipline...and not keep repeating such disasterous mistakes. LJ doesn't appear to have that aspect of inner strength, nor of which he can learn from past mistakes of losing self control & build his inner strength to resist temptation...and he's proven it repeatedly.

It's one thing to make a mistake, it's something else to keep on making the same ones...and LJ does, he never learns from his mistakes, and goes about his life not honestly accepting accountability for his own mistakes. If as you say, his behavior is beyond his control...then obviously he needs professional help with learning self discipline and how to build inner strength to resist anger & temper issues.

His lack of such likely will ruin his life in the long run, and very possibly his career in the NFL if he doesn't soon get his irresponsible, immature, unprofessional, and emotionally/physically abusive mentality together. He wants a pro's salary...to live a posh lifestyle, then he needs to earn it professionally in all aspects...including his mentality.

Respectively speaking...it does appear IMO that you are making excuses for him, and there honestly are none.

KCINNYC
10-28-2009, 01:38 PM
Well, I don't 'hate', but I will dislike and disrespect a person based upon who they are as a human being by their own choices. I do fully comprehend your opinion, however...I respectively disagree. I consider myself a very complex individual too in many ways, and my own childhood was one of which likely was very comparible to LJ's, if not worse.

I may be judgmental on the subject, but considering my own very bad & abusive childhood, and my not allowing it to be an excuse/reason for my adult failures/success' in life...I haven't much empathy for the 'blame it on the childhood' excuse.

There are many times in my life I have to bite my tongue, not react 'naturally'...it takes inner strength to maintain self control and self discipline. Sometimes yes...we lose it naturally as humans...but, we hopefully are mature enough to learn from those mistakes, build upon our inner strength of learning self control & discipline...and not keep repeating such disasterous mistakes. LJ doesn't appear to have that aspect of inner strength, nor of which he can learn from past mistakes of losing self control & build his inner strength to resist temptation...and he's proven it repeatedly.

It's one thing to make a mistake, it's something else to keep on making the same ones...and LJ does, he never learns from his mistakes, and goes about his life not honestly accepting accountability for his own mistakes. If as you say, his behavior is beyond his control...then obviously he needs professional help with learning self discipline and how to build inner strength to resist anger & temper issues.

His lack of such likely will ruin his life in the long run, and very possibly his career in the NFL if he doesn't soon get his irresponsible, immature, unprofessional, and emotionally/physically abusive mentality together. He wants a pro's salary...to live a posh lifestyle, then he needs to earn it professionally in all aspects...including his mentality.

Respectively speaking...it does appear IMO that you are making excuses for him, and there honestly are none.

And everyone in agreement say Amen

Amen

pbatrucker
10-28-2009, 02:05 PM

Well stated!!!

Vandelay
10-28-2009, 05:07 PM
10-6 babeeeee!!!:bananen_smilies046:
That was my preseason prediction.:bananen_smilies046:

kilobytes
10-28-2009, 05:20 PM
That was my preseason prediction.:bananen_smilies046:
We can only hope.
:bananen_smilies046:

josh1971
10-28-2009, 07:57 PM
Going 10-6 means beating the Steelers, which at one point I thought might be possible. Now, I'm not so sure.

Going 10-6 would be quite the turn around, though.

I wouldn't complain.

jb

IlovetheChiefs
10-28-2009, 08:02 PM
And would probably be the first time a team ever went 1-6 then finished 10-6, heh.

I think I predicted 10-6 at the start of the season, too. We're not wrong yet, and may still be possible after the Jacksonville game, heh.

Chiefster
10-29-2009, 01:44 AM
Well it looks as if LJ is suspended indefinitely untill Nov. 9th.