PDA

View Full Version : I think we should all just step back from the ledge!

Sick Dog
08-24-2007, 09:31 PM
Ok I know we are all dying to talk football especially Chiefs football and it happens every year where we all dissect the crap out of pre-season. I am not saying the Chiefs are going to win the Super bowl or even going to make the playoffs but I know they made the playoffs last year and I believe this years Chiefs are better than last year in both offense and defense. Last time I checked we still have Huard who was the quarterback that got us in the playoffs and more importantly LJ is still here with something to prove after the signing of his new contract. Call me crazy but when McIntosh gets back at left tackle the Chiefs "O" line will be ok. We finally have a legit play making receiver in Bowe to now open up Gonzalez and give steady Eddie a little more room to move. Lets not forget that the Defense added Edwards, Harris and the defensive tackles will now be alot deeper with draft picks McBride and Tyler. Pre-season is vanilla defense and base offense, there is next to no game planning and the coaching staff is spending the majority of the time evaluating players. We can all get back out to the ledge if what we are seeing in the pre-season shows its ugly face in the weeks to come but for now I will enjoy the fact that the Chiefs are undefeated and in first place!

CHIEFS! CHIEFS! CHIEFS! CHIEFS! :bananen_smilies046:

stlchief
08-24-2007, 10:59 PM
SickDog,

(Word of advice -- if you say "Huard" everyone will tell you are crazy and a chicken and Croyle is the only option because he is the QB of the future - but I agree Huard should start.)

AMEN! I don't think we scored a TD last year in pre-season and we made the play-offs. Defense is better. Receivers should be better. O-line is questionable, but give it time.

So I agree. Away from the ledge!

Guru
08-25-2007, 12:21 AM
I don't want Huard because I am tired of the stop-gap solution. Rebuild. Starting now. I don't care as much about the losses as long as Croyle is in there.

rbedgood
08-25-2007, 01:58 AM
As a 49er fan, I know very well what you guys are about to go through. And Guru has it right...don't drag it out over 4-5 years like the 49ers did. Suck bad for 1-2 years and get it over with...rebuild now.

Chiefster
08-25-2007, 07:11 AM
As a 49er fan, I know very well what you guys are about to go through. And Guru has it right...don't drag it out over 4-5 years like the 49ers did. Suck bad for 1-2 years and get it over with...rebuild now.

Eggsactlay!

Coach
08-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Ok I know we are all dying to talk football especially Chiefs football and it happens every year where we all dissect the crap out of pre-season. I am not saying the Chiefs are going to win the Super bowl or even going to make the playoffs but I know they made the playoffs last year and I believe this years Chiefs are better than last year in both offense and defense. Last time I checked we still have Huard who was the quarterback that got us in the playoffs and more importantly LJ is still here with something to prove after the signing of his new contract. Call me crazy but when McIntosh gets back at left tackle the Chiefs "O" line will be ok. We finally have a legit play making receiver in Bowe to now open up Gonzalez and give steady Eddie a little more room to move. Lets not forget that the Defense added Edwards, Harris and the defensive tackles will now be alot deeper with draft picks McBride and Tyler. Pre-season is vanilla defense and base offense, there is next to no game planning and the coaching staff is spending the majority of the time evaluating players. We can all get back out to the ledge if what we are seeing in the pre-season shows its ugly face in the weeks to come but for now I will enjoy the fact that the Chiefs are undefeated and in first place!

I could not agree with you more.

chief31
08-25-2007, 08:36 PM
If Huard doesn't tear it up, then Croyle will still get thrown to the wolves. Don't worry.

Chiefster
08-25-2007, 11:41 PM
If Huard doesn't tear it up, then Croyle will still get thrown to the wolves. Don't worry.

Yup; no argument here.

chief31
08-25-2007, 11:54 PM
Yup; no argument here.

Imagine that. :D

Chiefster
08-26-2007, 10:39 AM
Imagine that. :D

...I'm just full of surprises. :lol:

KC Heart
08-26-2007, 12:06 PM

Well Sick Dog I wish I could agree with you but I just don't feel the chemistry on this team this year that should be their with the new players we added but I feel we are no better than a 6-10 team. Hope like heck I'm wrong

wolfpack
08-26-2007, 12:52 PM
this is flashback of the early 80`s teams. if we beat the faiders twice and the donkies at least once it was a good year. but i`m hoping we run 4-12 and jr finally does something his dad wouldnt do...... fire the queen! ( and also take hermmie and his lap dog solari with him.)

sbenson9
08-27-2007, 11:34 AM
THe story will be told in houston. We will have a good Idea by halftime what kinda year we are going to have. I belive we are going to be OK and I think Huard was the right choice. we need a win on week 1

sbenson9
08-27-2007, 11:40 AM
:iamwithstupid:
DOnt pull the bandaid off slow, Just rip it off. If we are going suck lets suck to our full potential. 0-16 and draft like hell. aQB maybe. bench johnson to SAVE HIS LEGGS FOR NEXT YEAR. We will have a great 08-09 season. :sign0103: :sign0103: :sign0103:

swmochiefsfan
08-27-2007, 12:09 PM
THe story will be told in houston. We will have a good Idea by halftime what kinda year we are going to have. I belive we are going to be OK and I think Huard was the right choice. we need a win on week 1
time will tell....

sling58
08-27-2007, 12:27 PM
If we can't beat Houston then we can't beat nobody. IMO

swmochiefsfan
08-27-2007, 12:33 PM
For some reason the pushovers are who we have trouble with ( the browns last year) that has always baffled me.

luv
08-27-2007, 12:40 PM
For some reason the pushovers are who we have trouble with ( the browns last year) that has always baffled me.
I think it's because we tok them for granted. You should never take anything for granted. I'm sure they prepared for the games physically, but you have to have the mentality of working hard as well. Just a thought.

m0ef0e
08-27-2007, 02:03 PM
I think it's because we tok them for granted. You should never take anything for granted. I'm sure they prepared for the games physically, but you have to have the mentality of working hard as well. Just a thought.

And it's a good thought. I agree. It seems we go into the "easy" games already on our heels like we can relax or something. Even the worst team in the league has a roster full of pros.

Chiefster
08-27-2007, 10:28 PM
:iamwithstupid:
DOnt pull the bandaid off slow, Just rip it off. If we are going suck lets suck to our full potential. 0-16 and draft like hell. aQB maybe. bench johnson to SAVE HIS LEGGS FOR NEXT YEAR. We will have a great 08-09 season. :sign0103: :sign0103: :sign0103:

When's the last time you saw Peterson do that?

swmochiefsfan
08-28-2007, 02:04 PM
Pain is temporary and chicks dig scars

No offense luv and you too sweets but its true

sbenson9
08-28-2007, 06:08 PM
swmo- Chicks dig a winner and it looks like we are taking our sister to the prom.:bananen_smilies046: :drunkhb: :lol:

Chiefster
08-28-2007, 07:06 PM
swmo- Chicks dig a winner and it looks like we are taking our sister to the prom.:bananen_smilies046: :drunkhb: :lol:

That is just wrong dude! :lol:

rbedgood
08-29-2007, 12:09 PM

Your sister...nahh I took your Momma!!

j/k...but somebody had to go there.:yahoo:

swmochiefsfan
08-29-2007, 12:56 PM
I dont have a sister,and even if I did, I might be a hillbilly but I dont swing that way, maybe a hot cousin. j/k:D

rbedgood
08-29-2007, 01:05 PM
I dont have a sister,and even if I did, I might be a hillbilly but I dont swing that way, maybe a hot cousin. j/k:D
:funnypost: :funnypost:

Chiefster
08-29-2007, 01:15 PM

Heh! :lol: