PDA

View Full Version : Darren Sharper.

honda522
10-27-2009, 11:10 PM
So lets talk something other than LJ.

Probably the best free agent acquisition this year. I wish we would of taken him as well.

What do you think?

tornadospotter
10-27-2009, 11:16 PM
Never heard of him.

honda522
10-27-2009, 11:21 PM
Never heard of him.
Hope you are just joking. :sign0023:

:sign0014:

YouTube - Darren Sharper 99 Yard Touchdown Interception Of Mark Sanchez

tornadospotter
10-27-2009, 11:26 PM
No I was serious, I did not know who he was. He is wearing the wrong uniform and do not ever remember him wearing the correct one, so I did not know about him.

pbatrucker
10-28-2009, 02:02 AM
No I was serious, I did not know who he was. He is wearing the wrong uniform and do not ever remember him wearing the correct one, so I did not know about him.
Your world must exspand!!:D

yashi
10-28-2009, 10:52 AM
Sharper is ridiculous. How does a defensive player return 3 interceptions for touchdowns in 7 games?

Vanilla Garilla
10-28-2009, 11:04 AM
Sharper is ridiculous. How does a defensive player return 3 interceptions for touchdowns in 7 games?

He is a freaking beast!

kilobytes
10-28-2009, 05:42 PM
We could have used him so we would have two good CB. Carr can replace Leggets role.

josh1971
10-28-2009, 07:43 PM
We didn't pick him up, so I don't care. :D

rodu
10-28-2009, 11:42 PM
We could have used him so we would have two good CB. Carr can replace Leggets role.

Sharper is a safety

kilobytes
10-28-2009, 11:48 PM
Sharper is a safety
Forgot he was. Still could replace anyone of our safeties. Way better than what we already have.

Chiefster
10-29-2009, 01:51 AM
Hope you are just joking. :sign0023:

:sign0014:

Dude, how was that spam?

Same here.

honda522
10-29-2009, 09:15 AM
Dude, how was that spam?

Same here.
It wasn't I was just using it

hometeam
10-29-2009, 01:54 PM
How could you people not know sharper?

He has been a Defensive TD scorer extroardinaire his whole career!

HALL OF FAME DEFENSIVE PLAYER!

we should hve gotten him :P

pbatrucker
10-29-2009, 03:16 PM
How could you people not know sharper?

He has been a Defensive TD scorer extroardinaire his whole career!

HALL OF FAME DEFENSIVE PLAYER!

we should hve gotten him :P
Just because he was available doesn't mean he wanted to play for the Chiefs. I haven't seen any indication that Hunt has opened up the purse to go after some of these guys either. Guess we'll find out more when the FA season begins.

Connie Jo
10-29-2009, 03:19 PM
I agree Darren Sharper would've been a nice addition to the Chiefs...if only.

KEEPSNAPPIN
10-29-2009, 03:37 PM
Honda 522, why are you talking about somebody who isn't on our team. Who cares.

SAPHOJUNKIE
10-30-2009, 03:26 PM
Just because he was available doesn't mean he wanted to play for the Chiefs. I haven't seen any indication that Hunt has opened up the purse to go after some of these guys either. Guess we'll find out more when the FA season begins.

You don't open the purse to free agents when you are trying to completely overhaul a team, unless that free agent is a left tackle or quarterback.

More and more and more I am realizing that the offensive line is the most important part of any team.

Darren Sharper is sick good, but adding a big-play free agent isn't going to help us. We don't need to focus on the 5-7 big plays of the game. We are getting beat of the 100 or so OTHER plays of the game, and that is all offensive line.

If we could establish the run, we wouldn't be playing so many defensive snaps. We could protect cassel long enough to let him find an open receiver. Let's face it, they aren't getting open on their first move, they need time.

If we had an offensive line, maybe we could score offensive touchdowns and force the OTHER offense out of their comfort zone, which then CREATES big plays for the defense.

I understand why Pioli went with the defensive line this last draft - the d-line positions take longer to develop and adjust to the pro game.

By next year, we should have a legit defensive line. We could get a left tackle in the first and move albert over to guard, or get a running back/wide receiver in the first and pick up a guard in the second round.

Next year we will likely have to sign a free agent. With guys like D'Qwell Jackson, Kirk Morrison, Demeco Ryans, and Karlos Dansby on the free agent market, we can hopefully pick up a legit linebacker to fill the gaps.

You have to start from the lines and move back. Even if we had Larry Fitzgerald, Cassel wouldn't have time to find him.

If we had Adrian Peterson, there would be no holes to hit.

If we had Darren Sharper, he still would be on the field for far too many snaps.

hometeam
10-31-2009, 01:39 PM
Except he scores a couple of TD's on defense every year~

He is one of the most intercepting Safetys of all time.

Sure we could have used him. Remember, we didnt even meet the salary cap minimum :/

and yes I understand he may not have wanted to come here, this is of course all speculation and woulda, coulda, shouldas~

honda522
10-31-2009, 03:38 PM
Except he scores a couple of TD's on defense every year~

He is one of the most intercepting Safetys of all time.

Sure we could have used him. Remember, we didnt even meet the salary cap minimum :/

and yes I understand he may not have wanted to come here, this is of course all speculation and woulda, coulda, shouldas~
Just remember some of that was luck. Had he not gotten some down feild blocks he probably wouldn't have sixed it. Thats right, I said sixed it. :lol: