PDA

View Full Version : why is this shocking?

texaschief
08-24-2007, 11:47 PM
Even during the spring, before and after the draft, after Free Agency and now 3/4 thru the pre-season, we KNEW...for a fact, that this was going to be a rebuilding year. We knew we would have an un-proven starter at QB, a sub-hall of fame line, and a young defense.

Just because the Chiefs are making a show of it on Hard Knocks, doesn't mean they're playoff bound. Don't get caught up in the B.S. that Carl is spittin out on HBO. You're seeing Carl squirm on HBO because he's on the hot seat...make no mistake. Mr. Hunt doesn't have the same misguided loyalty his father had. Mr. Hunt's ready to win. If you had any doubtls about Carl's priority, just look how he treats his star players. It's all about money.

Just take a breath guys. It's going to be a tough season as far as wins are concerned...especially when you look at the schedule(brutal). Have fun watching this year and take any win as step back in the draft.

I've loved the Chiefs since i was 5. I'm as big a fan as anyone on here. But come on guys...next year is a year we can get excited about!!

I'm thinkin Asante Samuel as our top FA signing. He signed a one year tender today and hopefully he got a promise from N.E. not to franchise him like Briggs got.

If Brodie is the future, then hand him the ball and give him a season to mature and gain experience. Ultimately, it's Herms decision. Carl's goal is to win as many games as he can THIS YEAR and put butts in the seats. If he can win and make the playoffs, he probably won't lose his job. He knows this.

Herm and Hunt's goal is to win a championship and they need to distance themselves from Carl A.S.A.P. Play Croyle and establish him as the future of Chiefs football. Yes, you'll be looking at a bunch of INT's but Vince Young had 17 last season and everyone thinks he'll be great in his second year as a starter. Plus, if you don't win, you've got another excuse to get rid of Carl Peterson.

Just look at Carl on Hard Knocks...He's had that talk with ownership...he's feelin the pressure. That's why LJ finally got his 19mil. guaranteed. Just watch him...He's feelin it.

Guru
08-25-2007, 12:07 AM
Herm won't lose his job this year at all. He has practically a rookie at QB and is starting him just as he should. Management will give him a pass yet again.

No, we are stuck with Herm for the duration of his contract.

rbedgood
08-25-2007, 01:35 AM
I don't think Herm is the problem...he has shown he can win in the NFL, but I'm not sure the personnel are right for his philosphy/system (especially on defense!)

texaschief
08-25-2007, 03:08 AM
i never said Herm was the problem. I think after this year, Hunt will fire Peterson and keep Herm.

That's what i was sayin. Carl wants to win now and everyone else has a grip on reality and knows Croyle should be the QB or the future with this year as his learning year.

I'm hopin Herm knows he's safe and plays Croyle. Don't let Carl make any decisions on who plays

Chiefster
08-25-2007, 03:21 AM
Herm won't lose his job this year at all. He has practically a rookie at QB and is starting him just as he should. Management will give him a pass yet again.

No, we are stuck with Herm for the duration of his contract.

Agreed; but I do like the thought of Carl being on the hot seat.

sling58
08-25-2007, 07:39 AM
i never said Herm was the problem. I think after this year, Hunt will fire Peterson and keep Herm.

That's what i was sayin. Carl wants to win now and everyone else has a grip on reality and knows Croyle should be the QB or the future with this year as his learning year.

I'm hopin Herm knows he's safe and plays Croyle. Don't let Carl make any decisions on who plays

That is actually on my Christmas list this year. I hope Mr. Hunt (not THE Mr. Hunt) will fill my stocking.

DrunkHillbilly
08-25-2007, 09:37 AM
Keep in mind we do have the youngest team in football I beleive.

DrunkHillbilly
08-25-2007, 09:38 AM

I must be in the minority. I think Croyle is going to stink it up and will become a back up in a few years.

stlchief
08-25-2007, 09:53 AM
I must be in the minority. I think Croyle is going to stink it up and will become a back up in a few years.

I agree with the bolded part. After that it is a total unknown. In the second pre-season game, Croyle's TD drive was a work of art that showed poise. If he played like that on every drive, no doubt he could be a starter anywhere. Only time will tell how his development ends...

wolfpack
08-25-2007, 11:53 AM
the trouble with the future is it wont put people in the seats. say we win 4 games this year and total suck it up. that means probable less tickets sold next year. they have to show promise this year or glasses,er hunts pocketbook willbe hit. so win now is almost aalways the way. besides after 19 years of the queen and not much to show for.

DrunkHillbilly
08-25-2007, 12:45 PM
the trouble with the future is it wont put people in the seats. say we win 4 games this year and total suck it up. that means probable less tickets sold next year. they have to show promise this year or glasses,er hunts pocketbook willbe hit. so win now is almost aalways the way. besides after 19 years of the queen and not much to show for.

There won't be a problem selling tickets!!! Hell, the season ticket waiting list is about umpteen years long!

Chiefster
08-25-2007, 01:22 PM
There won't be a problem selling tickets!!! Hell, the season ticket waiting list is about umpteen years long!

Yep!!!

sling58
08-25-2007, 02:02 PM

I don't think we will have a problem with filling seats. I know that real Chiefs fans will show up and support the team no matter what. The Tailgaiting alone is worth going to the game not to even mention just the fact of taking in a game at Arrowhead.

Chiefster
08-25-2007, 02:09 PM
I don't think we will have a problem with filling seats. I know that real Chiefs fans will show up and support the team no matter what. The Tailgaiting alone is worth going to the game not to even mention just the fact of taking in a game at Arrowhead.

Saddly my only experience there in a fan atmosphere was in a preseason game a few years ago. Does that mean I'm not a real fan??? :p

sling58
08-25-2007, 02:11 PM
Saddly my only experience there in a fan atmosphere was in a preseason game a few years ago. Does that mean I'm not a real fan??? :p

I was saying that a true Chiefs fan will support no matter what. It doesn't mean they have to be at all the games. Just support....:bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
08-25-2007, 02:16 PM
I was saying that a true Chiefs fan will support no matter what. It doesn't mean they have to be at all the games. Just support....:bananen_smilies046:

I know; I was just messin with ya. :)

swmochiefsfan
08-25-2007, 03:47 PM
It truly is one hell of an expierience, besides I've seen this before, we all have. How many times have you swore em off after a bad loss ending the season(and there have been plenty)only to be just be as excited next year when the season rolls around.We're chiefs fans, disappointment is no stranger at my table.Having said that, will I watch every game, damn right, and for years to come.Here's to an upset, give em hell boys.

sling58
08-25-2007, 03:48 PM
It truly is one hell of an expierience, besides I've seen this before, we all have. How many times have you swore em off after a bad loss ending the season(and there have been plenty)only to be just be as excited next year when the season rolls around.We're chiefs fans, disappointment is no stranger at my table.Having said that, will I watch every game, damn right, and for years to come.Here's to an upset, give em hell boys.

Preach it!!!!

:lol: :lol:

swmochiefsfan
08-25-2007, 03:52 PM
I read that again, did sound like I was on a pulpet.
Can I get an AMEN.:yahoo:

sling58
08-25-2007, 04:12 PM
I read that again, did sound like I was on a pulpet.
Can I get an AMEN.:yahoo:

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chiefster
08-25-2007, 04:17 PM
I have goose bumps!

That is all. :D

wolfpack
08-28-2007, 12:40 PM
the waiting list is for the lower level. the last few years they have had to push cheap packages to cops,ect to fill those seats. the last 3 minicamps at arrowhead the were trying to sell season tics in the upper deck. look at the way the are selling groups of games together now.

swmochiefsfan
08-28-2007, 01:35 PM
I cant imagine not being able to sell tickets to arrowhead, however I see the trend with all the packages they have been pushing, dont remember them doing that to this extent before.

:11:

Chiefster
08-28-2007, 01:48 PM
I cant imagine not being able to sell tickets to arrowhead, however I see the trend with all the packages they have been pushing, dont remember them doing that to this extent before.

:11:

King Carl must be nervous.

swmochiefsfan
08-28-2007, 01:59 PM
I would love to see him squirm. ha!

wolfpack
08-28-2007, 02:06 PM
but i remember the days when i could buy a seat in the upper deck and be moved down to 50 yard line lower level 5 minutes into the game. i hope i never see those days again.

sbenson9
08-28-2007, 02:29 PM
Amen and Woe Bundy. I try to make it to arrowhead Once a year for the donk game. THere is no other stadium like it. I have opener tix at houston, chief donk tix at mile high and chief donk tix at arrowhead. Also Giant/dallas tix for opening day. Arrowhead is always he best, Is going to be a great year. I spend 300 duckets to watch every chief game from the comfort of my living room. Chief fans are the best in the league. Been to the raiders home with chief gear on and sidearm on my hip. I Just want to say that we are cjhief fans to the core and aint nothing gonna stop me from bleeding red and gold till the day I die. I married a raiderfan and converted her evil ways. Stand Up BE PROUND of our team and never let it be said we went quitely into the night. WE are chief fans. LET THEM HEAR YOU. THE LAND OF THE FREE AND THE HOME OF THE CHIEFS.:mob: :mob: :mob: :mob: :mob: :mob: :mob: :mob:

sbenson9
08-28-2007, 02:32 PM
Is there allot of anti carl people in the chief nation.:sign0153: :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
08-28-2007, 02:43 PM
Is there allot of anti carl people in the chief nation.:sign0153: :bananen_smilies046:

Carl is da debil!

swmochiefsfan
08-28-2007, 03:05 PM
My wife doesn't care much for football but she likes the chiefs,she went to her first game at arrowhead when she was 8 months pregnent with #2, to closterphobic wont go back, if you can convert her of that you are more man than I. She can be quite violent.

:fatlock:

Chiefster
08-28-2007, 03:22 PM
I would love to see him squirm. ha!

...like a worm on a hook!

texaschief
03-13-2008, 04:06 AM
:lol: ....told you :lol:

hermhater
03-13-2008, 05:01 AM
:lol: ....told you :lol:

mmmm hmmmm

DrunkHillbilly
03-13-2008, 09:23 AM
mmmm hmmmm
Yea, nobody else predicted this either!!!! Please.

dtforever
03-13-2008, 01:26 PM
it is shocking because while rebuilding tou are supposed to get better not look worse as the year goes on if things were going like they are supposed to you wouldnt see carl in the booth begging for people to buy tickets every preeseason game he knew they were going to be terrible and did nothing come to think of it he as done nothing to better the team this year

dtforever
03-13-2008, 01:32 PM
all i can say is that i hope clark hunt does not not have the loyalty to carl that his dad did it is easy to see that carl is running this team into the ground and does not seem worried about it he wants fans to pay top dollar to watch a team that has no chance of being competitve in the nfl the players wont play with the exception of one or two and no that does not count larry who got paid and quit

texaschief
03-13-2008, 04:35 PM
it is shocking because while rebuilding tou are supposed to get better not look worse as the year goes on if things were going like they are supposed to you wouldnt see carl in the booth begging for people to buy tickets every preeseason game he knew they were going to be terrible and did nothing come to think of it he as done nothing to better the team this year

When an old offense ages even more during the season, they're going to get worse. Then, once the defense knew there was nothing to play for, they seemed to give up.

dtforever
03-13-2008, 07:12 PM
if age is the problem herm has young players along the offensive line that could use the playing time they could get nothing but better the problem is players that dont care and the reason for that is having a coach that does not care

dtforever
03-13-2008, 07:37 PM
as for the defense having nothing to play for being 4 and 4 and at the top of the divsion is as good of reason as any

hermhater
03-14-2008, 01:44 AM
as for the defense having nothing to play for being 4 and 4 and at the top of the divsion is as good of reason as any

The D gave up in the second half at the end of the season because it was tired.

dtforever
03-14-2008, 12:39 PM
the d did not give up other teams just realized that they could take andvantage of two overrated corners who are to slow to cover even a mediocre reciver everyone seemed to become afrid of contact and would let back run right by them

Chiefster
03-15-2008, 07:57 PM
Are you telling me that you made a time machine...out of a Delorean?