PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Dream Team

IlovetheChiefs
10-28-2009, 02:06 PM
With a recent thread about some of the best all time Chiefs players, how about a dream team by position. As Chiefs (so I'm not including Joe Montana and Marcus Allen because they were in their primes with the 49ers and Faders, of course). The starting 11 on offense and defense plus kicker, punter, kick returner, and head coach:

QB Len Dawson
RB Priest Holmes
RB Christian Okoye
WR Otis Taylor
WR Stephone Paige
TE Tony Gonzales
LT Willie Roaf
LG Ed Budde
C Jack Rudnay
RG Will Shields
RT Dave Hill

DE Neil Smith
DT Curley Culp
DT Buck Buchanan
DE Jared Allen
LB Derrick Thomas
LB Willie Lanier
LB Bobby Bell
CB Emmitt Thomas
CB Albert Lewis
S Deron Cherry
S Johnny Robinson

K Nick Lowery
P Dustin Colquitt
KR/PR Dante Hall
HC Hank Stram

If these could all be assembled together in their primes what a team this would be.

Connie Jo
10-28-2009, 02:08 PM
With a recent thread about some of the best all time Chiefs players, how about a dream team by position. As Chiefs (so I'm not including Joe Montana and Marcus Allen because they were in their primes with the 49ers and Faders, of course). The starting 11 on offense and defense plus kicker, punter, kick returner, and head coach:

QB Len Dawson
RB Priest Holmes
RB Christian Okoye
WR Otis Taylor
WR Stephone Paige
TE Tony Gonzales
LT Willie Roaf
LG Ed Budde
C Jack Rudnay
RG Will Shields
RT Dave Hill

DE Neil Smith
DT Curley Culp
DT Buck Buchanan
DE Jared Allen
LB Derrick Thomas
LB Willie Lanier
LB Bobby Bell
CB Emmitt Thomas
CB Albert Lewis
S Deron Cherry
S Johnny Robinson

K Nick Lowery
P Dustin Colquitt
KR/PR Dante Hall
HC Hank Stram

If these could all be assembled together in their primes what a team this would be.

That about says it all for me too! I couldn't dream up a better dream team than yours! hahaha GREAT!!
:bananen_smilies046:

pbatrucker
10-28-2009, 02:09 PM
You are correct, it certainly would.

IlovetheChiefs
10-28-2009, 02:12 PM
Thank you. :) I thought hard about a few of these, like I loved Eddie Podolak. But I think I'd have to give the Nigerian Nightmare the slight edge over him.

stricken721
10-28-2009, 02:27 PM
That would be an awesome team! :bananen_smilies046:

I wouldn't make any changes. :sign0098:

captainamerica
10-28-2009, 03:07 PM
1 position you forgot is fullback. That's a position that I'd take Tony Richardson. Other than that I agree with you on just about everything.

Hayvern
10-28-2009, 03:41 PM

QB Len Dawson
RB Priest Holmes
RB Christian Okoye
WR Otis Taylor
WR Stephone Paige
TE Tony Gonzales
LT Willie Roaf
LG Ed Budde
C Jack Rudnay
RG Will Shields
RT Dave Hill

DE Neil Smith
DT Curley Culp
DT Buck Buchanan
DE Jared Allen
LB Derrick Thomas
LB Willie Lanier
LB Bobby Bell
CB Emmitt Thomas
CB Albert Lewis
S Deron Cherry
S Johnny Robinson

K Nick Lowery
P Dustin Colquitt
KR/PR Dante Hall
HC Hank Stram

One thing, who would coach this monster? I guess I would go with Hank Stram as Head Coach, Marty Schottenheimer as Defensive Coordinator and Dick Vermiel as offensive coordinator.

kilobytes
10-28-2009, 04:57 PM
Where is the best kicker of all time?!?!? JAN STENERUD?!?!!?

Here's mine slightly altered

Wait you forgot FULLBACK

QB Len Dawson
RB Christian Okoye
RB Ed Podolak
FB Tony Richardson
WR Otis Taylor
WR Stephone Paige
WR Chris Burford
TE Tony Gonzalez
LT Willie Roaf
LG Ed Budde
C Jack Rudnay
RG Will Shields
RT Dave Hill

DE Neil Smith
DE Jared Allen
DT Curley Culp
DT Buck Buchanan
LB Derrick Thomas
LB Willie Lanier
LB Bobby Bell
CB Emmitt Thomas
CB Albert Lewis
S Deron Cherry
S Johnny Robinson

K Jan Stenerud
P Dustin Colquitt
KR/PR Dante Hall
HC Hank Stram
OC Dick Vermeil
DC Marty Schottenheimer

Vanilla Garilla
10-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Thank you. :) I thought hard about a few of these, like I loved Eddie Podolak. But I think I'd have to give the Nigerian Nightmare the slight edge over him.

Can we get Vermeil as the offensive coordinator and Shottenheimer as the defensive coordinator please?

IlovetheChiefs
10-28-2009, 07:51 PM
Yes I like Vermeil as OC and Schottenheimer as DC, good job guys. :)

And Tony Richardson as fullback, very good.

And I loved Jan Stenurud and have frequently brought him up in conjunction with Nick Lowery when talking about our 2 great kickers. I selected Lowery because I thought his numbers were just a little better. But hey Stenerud contributed much in our Super Bowl victory! (11 of our 23 points, right?)

Wow we can even put other close players as our second stringers on this team like Willie Davis and Trent Green. (Trent would be the best backup of all our qb's to Len Dawson, right?) and have a 53 player Chiefs dream team.

What a monster team indeed!

stricken721
10-28-2009, 08:06 PM
Yes I like Vermeil as OC and Schottenheimer as DC, good job guys. :)

And Tony Richardson as fullback, very good.

And I loved Jan Stenurud and have frequently brought him up in conjunction with Nick Lowery when talking about our 2 great kickers. I selected Lowery because I thought his numbers were just a little better. But hey Stenerud contributed much in our Super Bowl victory! (11 of our 23 points, right?)

Wow we can even put other close players as our second stringers on this team like Willie Davis and Trent Green. (Trent would be the best backup of all our qb's to Len Dawson, right?) and have a 53 player Chiefs dream team.

What a monster team indeed!

Him or Joe Montana.

honda522
10-28-2009, 09:15 PM
QB: Call me crazy but I would take Trent Green in his prime. I grew up knowing the best of Green and he was top 3 QB in the Chiefs Nation. Sure you could say Joe Montana, but Trent was a favorite of mine.

RB: Priest!! Ofcourse his back up would the Christan Okye.

FB: Tony Richardson. The guy helped make Priest what he was.

To make this a little simpler, I will take the 03' Offensive Line, cause pretty much it was the best OL in the history of the NFL.

TE: You will get questioned if you don't have Tony on your list.

WR: D Bowe, I know he is young and naive and dropping alot of passes, but he has lots of talent and he makes some incredible catches.
Kennison: He is one of the better WR's we had.
Vanover: He was a stud from what i remember.

LE: Neil Smith
RE: Jared Allen
DT: Buck Buchanon
LB: Derrick Thomas
Bobby Bell and Willie Lanier

CB: Brandon Flowers
CB: Pat Surtian

SS: Who ever
FS: Who ever

Kicker: Morton Anderson
Punt: Colquitt

Canada
10-28-2009, 09:18 PM
I like Tim Grunhard. I would make him C

rodu
10-28-2009, 11:40 PM
My team only includes players from when I was a fan, I think it was '93 when I started, not sure

QB- Green
RB- Holmes
FB- Richardson (tempted to go with Kimble Anders)
WR- Kennison
WR- Alexander
WR- Bowe
LT- Roaf
LG- Waters
C- Grunhard
RG- Shields
RT- Tait

DE- Smith
DE- Allen
DT- Saleamua
DT- Browning
LB- Thomas
LB- Simien
LB- Johnson
CB- Hasty
CB- Carter
CB- Flowers
FS- Woods
SS- Washington

k- Lowery
P- Colquit
PR/KR- Hall
Special Teamer- I can't remember his name, made the pro bowl

tammietailgator
10-29-2009, 01:42 AM
Great job... I do agree... trent over Joe.... and definitely Marty as the def coach!

Chiefster
10-29-2009, 01:46 AM
QB Joe Montana
RB Priest Holmes
RB Christian Okoye
WR Otis Taylor
WR Stephone Paige
TE Tony Gonzales
LT Willie Roaf
LG Ed Budde
C Jack Rudnay
RG Will Shields
RT Dave Hill

DE Neil Smith
DT Curley Culp
DT Buck Buchanan
DE Jared Allen
LB Derrick Thomas
LB Willie Lanier
LB Bobby Bell
CB Emmitt Thomas
CB Albert Lewis
S Deron Cherry
S Johnny Robinson

K Nick Lowery
P Dustin Colquitt
KR/PR Dante Hall
HC Hank Stram

Connie Jo
10-29-2009, 01:55 AM
1 position you forgot is fullback. That's a position that I'd take Tony Richardson. Other than that I agree with you on just about everything.

Ditto T-Rich!!

Connie Jo
10-29-2009, 02:05 AM
Great job... I do agree... trent over Joe.... and definitely Marty as the def coach!

I agree with ya!

I know Montana is considered the greatest QB of all time by many, but I'm partial to Trent, and believe he was very under-rated in his prime. With the right offensive team...he could do as well as Montana IMO. Montana had a great offense, including one of the greatest WR's in Rice.

I'd go with Marty too, BUT...I still remember all too well his conservative nature, especially in playoffs games. Stram was a bit more of a risk taker, and I tend to think in playoffs especially...taking a risk at times is needed more often than not, to win.

I have always thought Gunther was a great DC, and would put him on my dream team as such.

captainamerica
10-29-2009, 03:02 AM
Some people on here are saying that we should have Dick Vermeil as our OC and Marty as our DC, but the problem with that is that neither man ever held those positions with our team, so I thinking placing them there is unfair in this little hypothetical experiment.

It's for these reasons that my OC would be Al Saunders and my DC would be the 1969 DC. Whomever it was.

IlovetheChiefs
10-29-2009, 07:23 PM
Yeah Kimble Anders would be another excellent choice for fullback. As well as Tim Grunhard for center. And our punter Jerrel Wilson through the 60's and 70's was super and thus would be a good choice like Colquitt.

I refrained from Montana because his glory years were with the Niners but I guess even in his last 2 years he'd maybe be one of the best qb's for us. But I go with my hero Len Dawson and then Trent Green as a backup. Then Joe Montana or maybe Steve DeBerg.

And yeah captain america, good point about the coordinators. Though it would be fun to utilize our 3 best head coaches that way. Gunther Cunningham would be a good one for dc. And I'm not sure who was dc in 1969, but I'm sure he was one of our best since that defense was one of the best!

kilobytes
10-30-2009, 12:17 AM
Yeah Kimble Anders would be another excellent choice for fullback. As well as Tim Grunhard for center. And our punter Jerrel Wilson through the 60's and 70's was super and thus would be a good choice like Colquitt.

I refrained from Montana because his glory years were with the Niners but I guess even in his last 2 years he'd maybe be one of the best qb's for us. But I go with my hero Len Dawson and then Trent Green as a backup. Then Joe Montana or maybe Steve DeBerg.

And yeah captain america, good point about the coordinators. Though it would be fun to utilize our 3 best head coaches that way. Gunther Cunningham would be a good one for dc. And I'm not sure who was dc in 1969, but I'm sure he was one of our best since that defense was one of the best!
Gunther was actually a good DC especially back in the 90s.

chief31
11-08-2009, 08:21 PM
If we were to allow putting head coaches in coordinator positions, then my DC would be Bill Cowher!

Pro_Angler
11-09-2009, 12:20 PM
lol right away i noticed to Tony Richardson FB..

Facoter
11-09-2009, 06:09 PM
QB Len Dawson
RB Larry Johnson
RB Christan Okoye
FB Tony Richardson
WR Otis Taylor
WR Stephone Paige
WR Chris Burford
TE Tony Gonzalez
LT Willie Roaf
LG Ed Budde