PDA

View Full Version : What are the rules concerning picking up a player from another teams practice squad?

pbatrucker
10-29-2009, 07:05 AM
The reason I ask is the Steelers have AQ Shipley on their practice squad. He is strong, smart and very good at drive blocking, which seems to be the blocking scheme we are trying.
The only knock on him is his short arms. People in Pittsburg don't find this a problem and are very high on him. The Steelers are solid at the center position. Could be a good pickup for us for the future.
Not sure what the rules are, or what it would cost us.

yashi
10-29-2009, 07:58 AM
Any practice squad player can sign with any team. They are effectively free agents who practice with the team and are paid a very small wage, but are free to sign with any team they wish.

captainamerica
10-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Yeah PS players can be picked up by any team at anytime, but the team that decides to pick them up have to pick them up to be on the regular squad. This is how we got Thigpen last year off of Minnesota's PS.

kilobytes
10-30-2009, 12:15 AM
We need all the help we can get for this O line.

chiefkicktheass
10-30-2009, 04:03 AM
i realy liked him in college i could see him being a very solid player in the league for a while.

pbatrucker
10-30-2009, 04:37 AM
i realy liked him in college i could see him being a very solid player in the league for a while.
Another mystery of last years draft. He wasn't drafted until the 7th round and what did we get, a TE who gets little playing time.

yashi
10-30-2009, 09:21 AM
Another mystery of last years draft. He wasn't drafted until the 7th round and what did we get, a TE who gets little playing time.
And in his little playing time has made costly mistakes.