PDA

View Full Version : larry and chiefs working on a settlement to part ways

hayden2004
10-29-2009, 06:22 PM
Larry Johnson, Chiefs working on 'settlement' | Red Zone (http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/1074)

Connie Jo
10-29-2009, 06:49 PM
Shall be interesting to see how all this plays out over the next couple weeks, & then some from the sounds of it.

I noted his agent said it didn't necessarily mean the settlement reached would mean Larry will no longer be playing for the Chiefs.

yashi
10-29-2009, 06:55 PM
I like the video with Vrabel. Now that guy's a professional.

#58ChiefsFan
10-29-2009, 07:00 PM
I am still not convinced he will not play for the Chiefs again.

Coach Haley has said many times he wants players on the field that give us the best chance to win. LJ is still that player and I am not sure if the Jacksonville game will be enough to change that thought for our younger talent.

Personal feelings aside with LJ I am undecided on his professional status for our team.

pbatrucker
10-29-2009, 07:02 PM
And we still have to see what the NFL will do. As a multiple offender LJ might not like the judgement passed down.

yashi
10-29-2009, 07:21 PM

Coach Haley has said many times he wants players on the field that give us the best chance to win. LJ is still that player and I am not sure if the Jacksonville game will be enough to change that thought for our younger talent.

Personal feelings aside with LJ I am undecided on his professional status for our team.

I strongly disagree with this. His 2.x yards per carry is simply not good enough and it's time to move on and see what other guys can do. He is just not worth the headache of having around.

KCraised
10-29-2009, 07:25 PM
Agreed. With 2+ ypc, he is not the answer. Bye bye, Larry *crosses fingers*
Ill take the chance with Charles. At least he is explosive. Ill take the risk of Charles trying to hold the ball. Larry is sluggish and a liability, on and off the field.

kilobytes
10-29-2009, 07:42 PM

Bout time someone else as a different opinion on LJ than everyone else. I don't care for off field issues. LJ as bad as he seems on field is mostly in part to a very poor O line and the defense knowing LJ is going to get the ball and only run up the middle. We are too predictable with him. Underrated receiver. Should get more screens. Charles hasn't done any better getting screens. Charles is technically a better fit for this o line but under a good O line LJ is better easily. I have never seen a Chiefs RB that good past the LoS. Now he has lost his vision and O line doesn't make hardly any holes for him. LJ needs to learn to keep his head up like he used to. The losing is getting to him and he needs anger to release.

It really makes people look like hypocrites calling him really bad names worse than what I have heard him say and "tweet". This gay slur stuff is nonsense

Vandelay
10-29-2009, 07:56 PM
I'm just so tired of this LJ crap.
Just do whatever it takes to get him off the team.
They don't need the distraction for the next 2 weeks, just cut him.

#58ChiefsFan
10-29-2009, 08:34 PM
I strongly disagree with this. His 2.x yards per carry is simply not good enough and it's time to move on and see what other guys can do. He is just not worth the headache of having around.

I have said before that I believe the Charles/Smith combo will be our future. I am all for giving the younger players more play calls and seeing where we stand for our future. At 30 reguardless of how this situation ends up LJ is nearing the end of his career.

What I am trying to say is LJ has 132 carries for 358 yards which is a 2.7 average. JC has 23 carries for 116 yards and a 5.0 average. The stat difference is similar to having a College senior with a 2.0 gpa and a freshman with a 3.5 gpa. At this point yes Charles has better stats and a brighter outlook but he has so many fewer carries it is not a fair comparison.

Charles and Smith COMBINED could carry the load but that leads to a lot of unanswered questions about Kolbys health. I know at this point all is pointing in the direction that he is ready to play but until he is moved to the active roster it is a hypothetical situation.

To be honest the entire offense is under performing, after the Washington game people were praising LJ for some hard work on the field. Coach Haley has praised LJ for doing small things in game that largely go unnoticed and has backed him through the first 7 games.

AFTER game 7 Coach Haley has yet to make a statement reguarding LJ. Josh Looney said on the website that LJ is a good teammate, Trent Green as well has made the same comment.

LJ is still a workhorse back and is performing as well as the rest of the offense, poorly. At some point our team has to begin to work together and I believe that in order to do that we need a back that can be banged around all game, I just don't see JC as that back.

Charles is a huge part of what this offense needs to get going but I don't see it happening without LJ this year. That is why I am not 100% convinced he has played his last down from a business standpoint. Personally I was done with him after the nightclub assault, but the NFL is a business and not a fraternity. Sorry for the long post.

honda522
10-29-2009, 08:38 PM
Bout time someone else as a different opinion on LJ than everyone else. I don't care for off field issues. LJ as bad as he seems on field is mostly in part to a very poor O line and the defense knowing LJ is going to get the ball and only run up the middle. We are too predictable with him. Underrated receiver. Should get more screens. Charles hasn't done any better getting screens. Charles is technically a better fit for this o line but under a good O line LJ is better easily. I have never seen a Chiefs RB that good past the LoS. Now he has lost his vision and O line doesn't make hardly any holes for him. LJ needs to learn to keep his head up like he used to. The losing is getting to him and he needs anger to release.

It really makes people look like hypocrites calling him really bad names worse than what I have heard him say and "tweet". This gay slur stuff is nonsense
Don't piss your pants over it.

Canada
10-29-2009, 08:40 PM

Will you please shut up!!!

Connie Jo
10-29-2009, 09:02 PM
Agreed. With 2+ ypc, he is not the answer. Bye bye, Larry *crosses fingers*
Ill take the chance with Charles. At least he is explosive. Ill take the risk of Charles trying to hold the ball. Larry is sluggish and a liability, on and off the field.

An added advantage with a new starting RB is the opposing teams aren't as familiar with his moves...not as much game footage to examine, etc.. This is one of the reasons LJ did so well the year he took over when Priest became injured early in the season.

matthewschiefs
10-29-2009, 09:05 PM

Ok ok so lets get this stright you are saying that the O line is to blame for lJ haveing a down year but yet you say Cassle should be throwing up huge numbers give me a break. LJ has a lot of Talent IMO but his attitude is crap and it does affect his play on the field. If he does not get the ball enough he quits end of story. I dont care what it takes i want him off the chiefs.

rbedgood
10-29-2009, 09:21 PM
Trying to be unbiased...

LJ is a PUNK.
LJ could still be a good RB on the right team...

However with his current contract LJ is not tradeable, especially because he is a PUNK.

I can't see the NFL taking any big steps with the gay slur thing as he didn't run afoul of the law, and although insensitive, it really isn't something they're going to be able to do much with.

KC on the other hand has absolute ground to stand on with his comments regarding management, and that should be the ground the stand on.

Without an overhaul of the O-line it is irrelevant if he is a good back or not. He can't be succesful behind the current KC line, and therefore he has little to no value to your team. I think the two parties should come to a quick agreement and part ways. It is best for everyone.

The best solution would've been before the trade deadline...if he would've agreed to a clause in his contract which lowered his salary upon being traded, then he would've been out, and the Chiefs likely could've had draft picks.

tornadospotter
10-29-2009, 09:35 PM
LJ Who?

obsessed
10-29-2009, 10:46 PM

Yet another mind blowing post by Canada! No really i love the sig! Oh wait its gone now :D. I keeed i keed. Anyway like i said before i will admit i was naive in believing in LJ and defending him so damn hard early in the year. Now it is just embarrassing that Kansas City has to deal with this jackass. As far as the NFL not having much to stand on about the slurs you are wrong, not you canada the guy who posted. If the NFL determines that what he said is detrimental to the sport of football by casting a negative shadow on Guddels precious league you better believe he will sit LJ on his *** for 8 games. I am sure the reason LJ was suspended for 2 weeks is because the NFL has told the chiefs it will take that amount of time before they have a ruling and you can't bar someone from their team without suspending them.

KCraised
10-29-2009, 11:26 PM
I keep bouncing back and forth between him being more washed up mentally or physically. He will probably put up good numbers somewhere else but he is still wearing the diapers Vermeil asked him to take off. So, I see it as his immature attitude thats holding him up. If he can free his immature mind, his a** might just follow...

tornadospotter
10-29-2009, 11:50 PM
I just want him off this team, hey if he can do some things to salvage his career, great, but get him the hell out of KC. I am sick and tired of his me, me, me shoo!

kilobytes
10-29-2009, 11:56 PM
NO YOU!

kilobytes
10-30-2009, 12:00 AM
Ok ok so lets get this stright you are saying that the O line is to blame for lJ haveing a down year but yet you say Cassle should be throwing up huge numbers give me a break. LJ has a lot of Talent IMO but his attitude is crap and it does affect his play on the field. If he does not get the ball enough he quits end of story. I dont care what it takes i want him off the chiefs.
What in the world?! I never said Cassel had to put up even descent numbers let alone good numbers...I don't expect him (Cassel to be any more than descent and that's what he has been. People...now attacking me.....please pay attention

tornadospotter
10-30-2009, 12:53 AM
I would just like to ask! Coach, one question! What happen to all the smileys, DANGIt!!!!!!

mejohnm
10-30-2009, 03:16 AM
I just know this team has enough problems to worry about that the players, coaches and other KC staff SHOULD not be adding to the fire. What these members do in their off time does have an impact while they are on the field, and they all know that, or at least should. The team needs to trust each other, and with all this crap going on, that trust will be lost. Can they trust each other to give their 110%?

I know I also get mad when things go wrong at work, or at home; but I never dare say anything like what was said, cause I know I would be fired, or wife would kick me out of the house in a heartbeat.

rbedgood
10-30-2009, 03:22 AM
Yet another mind blowing post by Canada! No really i love the sig! Oh wait its gone now :D. I keeed i keed. Anyway like i said before i will admit i was naive in believing in LJ and defending him so damn hard early in the year. Now it is just embarrassing that Kansas City has to deal with this jackass. As far as the NFL not having much to stand on about the slurs you are wrong, not you canada the guy who posted. If the NFL determines that what he said is detrimental to the sport of football by casting a negative shadow on Guddels precious league you better believe he will sit LJ on his *** for 8 games. I am sure the reason LJ was suspended for 2 weeks is because the NFL has told the chiefs it will take that amount of time before they have a ruling and you can't bar someone from their team without suspending them.

Ummm...CBA and the union will limit what can be done.

LJ is a Punk, but in this case he is acting like an idiot, but he didn't break any laws, he didn't do anything that is written into the rules deserving of a league suspension. I think the team can suspend him up to 4 games. Beyond that it would have to come from the league.

rbedgood
10-30-2009, 03:23 AM
I would just like to ask! Coach, one question! What happen to all the smileys, DANGIt!!!!!!

You mean these??

:sign0104::fan_wave2::bananen_smilies046::yahoo::D :toast2::11:

brish
10-30-2009, 05:00 AM
Im tired of LJ's attitude problem, but most of all im tired of seeing LJ get nothing in the run game.
It might not all be his fault, it most likely isn't.. But lets give someone else a freakin' chance!
I've been crowing about LJ's lack of explosiveness off the handoff for weeks now, a way to reduce negative running plays, is to get to the LoS before the defenders get in the backfield.
With our line that means you have to be quick to get to the LoS when you are handed the ball. LJ doesn't have that quickness anymore, the young guys do..
Give them a chance!!

Canada
10-30-2009, 07:36 AM

I know how much you love reading and commenting on my posts. I will keep them coming since you to seem to enjoy them so much. I guess "Obsessesd" is an appropriate name for you, just didnt know it was me you are obsessed with. In a way I feel kind of honoured that I have made such an impact on you. Keep on reading and enjoy my friend!! :bananen_smilies046:

obsessed
10-30-2009, 08:51 AM
I know how much you love reading and commenting on my posts. I will keep them coming since you to seem to enjoy them so much. I guess "Obsessesd" is an appropriate name for you, just didnt know it was me you are obsessed with. In a way I feel kind of honoured that I have made such an impact on you. Keep on reading and enjoy my friend!! :bananen_smilies046:

LOL, we have had our battles but in the end you turned out to be spot on.

wildcat
10-30-2009, 10:20 AM
The latest was just posted on ESPN.com:

Larry Johnson of Kansas City Chiefs to file appeal of suspension Friday; agent, team discussing settlement - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4608023)

Seek
10-30-2009, 10:41 AM
The settlement is not for LJ to leave team. It is a settlement for his suspension instead of LJ and his agent appealing the suspension.

His agent also said, that the Chiefs has not shown him any indication that they don't want him on the team after the suspension and LJ wants to remain a Chief.

I know that is AGENT BS... But at this time, I don't think he is gone. YET...

yashi
10-30-2009, 11:01 AM
The settlement is not for LJ to leave team. It is a settlement for his suspension instead of LJ and his agent appealing the suspension.

His agent also said, that the Chiefs has not shown him any indication that they don't want him on the team after the suspension and LJ wants to remain a Chief.

I know that is AGENT BS... But at this time, I don't think he is gone. YET...

I'm in the belief that this BS his agent is spouting off about LJ wishing to remain with the Chiefs is just to look good for the arbitrator and NFLPA under the CBA. The team will run into problems if they try to suspend then cut him or send him home for the season as long as he shows that he "wants to play". That's against the rules of the CBA ever since the Bucs sent Keyshawn home and told him to not come back for the rest of the season.

LJ could care less if he's a Chief as long as he gets paid and his agent suggesting that he really wants to continue playing for this team makes me want to vomit. I can't wait to get some backs in there who want to work towards a big contract, not one who will do the minimum necessary to keep his.

chiefnationrepresentarmy
10-30-2009, 11:18 AM
with the recent success of plenty of young rookie running backs, I.E. (adrian peterson, matt forte, knowshon moreno, steve slaton) and on and on. let LARRY GO!!!! and finish the season with jamal charles, see what he has got. then draft a young rb in next years draft. we are stock piling picks like crazy as it is. with the gonzales, tyler and thigpen trades we will have plenty of chances to get a young playmaker in at the RB position. just sayin....

pbatrucker
10-30-2009, 11:29 AM
With Smith, Charles, Savage and Battle in house I think we are setting good at RB. Need alot more help at otherr positions.

kilobytes
10-30-2009, 04:33 PM
With Smith, Charles, Savage and Battle in house I think we are setting good at RB. Need alot more help at otherr positions.
We always seem to have good running backs. Hope they can continue that but with this o line its not going to be easy.

greg3564
10-30-2009, 05:26 PM
So here is how this is going to play out. LJ will be suspended at least 2 games and up to 4. He will then suit up and warm the bench the remainder of the season and will not play again for the Chiefs. Charles was drafted for a reason and this is it. He was an insurance option for just this scenario. When the season is up, LJ is out. He's due some big roster bonuses next year and the Chiefs aren't going to prolong this joke of a RB any longer, nor should they. LJ's career is in shambles and it is his own doing. The guy has self inflicted so many injuries to his reputation on and off the field that many teams will take a pass on him when he is cut. Only teams with histories of taking basket cases(ie Raiders) will entertain the thought of bringing in 30 year old with a history of bad mouthing coaches, hitting women and public displays of homophobia. In the end, I thank LJ for this latest tirade as it finally secured his non-future with the Chiefs. We can finally all move on.

matthewschiefs
10-30-2009, 06:59 PM
So here is how this is going to play out. LJ will be suspended at least 2 games and up to 4. He will then suit up and warm the bench the remainder of the season and will not play again for the Chiefs. Charles was drafted for a reason and this is it. He was an insurance option for just this scenario. When the season is up, LJ is out. He's due some big roster bonuses next year and the Chiefs aren't going to prolong this joke of a RB any longer, nor should they. LJ's career is in shambles and it is his own doing. The guy has self inflicted so many injuries to his reputation on and off the field that many teams will take a pass on him when he is cut. Only teams with histories of taking basket cases(ie Raiders) will entertain the thought of bringing in 30 year old with a history of bad mouthing coaches, hitting women and public displays of homophobia. In the end, I thank LJ for this latest tirade as it finally secured his non-future with the Chiefs. We can finally all move on.

100% agree LJ has talent but he has hurt his carrer. I dont see many teams that will look at him. I think he warms the bench the chiefs will try to get something for him I doubt they will then let him go before he gets that bonus. I cant say i will miss him much.

greg3564
10-30-2009, 08:16 PM
100% agree LJ has talent but he has hurt his carrer. I dont see many teams that will look at him. I think he warms the bench the chiefs will try to get something for him I doubt they will then let him go before he gets that bonus. I cant say i will miss him much.

I can't say there are many who will miss him much. Vermeil had his faults. But he had a knack for spotting players who played with heart and those kinds of players are rare these days. He called out LJ for what he was...a whiner. We should have all taken notice then and we wouldn't be here now. LJ contributed a couple good seasons, but in the big picture he has created a lot of tension and animosity. Good damn riddance. Man I miss the Vermeil days. Great players you liked and we were always in the mix. I hope we return to those days soon. Now that Herm and Carl are gone we're headed in the right direction.