PDA

View Full Version : KC Star : Gay athletes don't fit in what is perceived as a homophobic NFL

Coach
10-30-2009, 01:30 AM
Athletes have heard the ugly words on practice fields for most of their lives. They hear them in the streets and at neighborhood hangouts. But when Chiefs running back Larry Johnson used an antigay slur on his Twitter account and in the locker room this week, he struck a nerve that makes professional sports leagues wince.

More... (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1538599.html)

Hayvern
10-30-2009, 01:00 PM
OK, OK, it's time to step away from the antacid.

Yes, Johnson should not have said what he said, but come on, smack talk has been a part of sports long before we were all politically correct.

Yes, players through around the gay slurs on the field as ways of smack talking, they also through around plenty of other slurs and words that have nothing to do with sexual orientation.

Lets pull our panties out of our rears and get on with playing football.

kilobytes
10-31-2009, 03:39 PM
People say the stuff LJ said ALL THE TIME (the "gay slur" crap anyway)! I don't understand how its against gays....The media and the NFL overreacted big time. Its all just trash talk. This is American Football!

matthewschiefs
10-31-2009, 04:59 PM
People say the stuff LJ said ALL THE TIME (the "gay slur" crap anyway)! I don't understand how its against gays....The media and the NFL overreacted big time. Its all just trash talk. This is American Football!

It may be unfair but when you are a pro athlete there is a higher standered for you. Thats just how it is. Kids look up to them. You no that going in. LJ signed a contract that most likely had things like what he did covered. LJ being a pro athlete is held to a higher standered thats part of the reason they are paid millions of dollars.

Canada
10-31-2009, 05:29 PM

It does not matter if it is said all the time. Go call one of your coworkers a f*gg*t and see how long you remain employed. And he did not get suspended by the media so I dont understand how it is a media overreaction. This isnt just trash talk, this is a biggot badmouthing the gay community.

honda522
10-31-2009, 05:44 PM
It does not matter if it is said all the time. Go call one of your coworkers a f*gg*t and see how long you remain employed. And he did not get suspended by the media so I dont understand how it is a media overreaction. This isnt just trash talk, this is a biggot badmouthing the gay community.
Not only is he bad mouthing the way people live their life, think of all the kids who look up to him.

That's another reason why he is suspended ATM, I think.

kilobytes
10-31-2009, 07:59 PM
I have never known anyone that used ****** to offend gays.... So really its just meant to say you are jackass or an *******. I hear it all the time.

Im also all for gays having complete equal rights.

:sign0023:

kilobytes
10-31-2009, 08:14 PM
OK, OK, it's time to step away from the antacid.

Yes, Johnson should not have said what he said, but come on, smack talk has been a part of sports long before we were all politically correct.

Yes, players through around the gay slurs on the field as ways of smack talking, they also through around plenty of other slurs and words that have nothing to do with sexual orientation.

Lets pull our panties out of our rears and get on with playing football.
I wish people would realize this.

Canada
11-02-2009, 12:00 PM
I have never known anyone that used ****** to offend gays.... So really its just meant to say you are jackass or an *******. I hear it all the time.

Im also all for gays having complete equal rights.

:sign0023:

You have never known anyone to use the work f*gg*t to offend gays? That is the reason the work exists. Its not meant to call someone a jackass, its meant to say someone is a homosexual. So you think they can say pretty much whatever they want as long as you hear it all the time. I see....makes a lot of sense.

Hayvern
11-02-2009, 12:26 PM
You have never known anyone to use the work f*gg*t to offend gays? That is the reason the work exists. Its not meant to call someone a jackass, its meant to say someone is a homosexual. So you think they can say pretty much whatever they want as long as you hear it all the time. I see....makes a lot of sense.

Well of course aside from the way the people in the UK use it of course.:yahoo:

kilobytes
11-02-2009, 05:01 PM
Oh BS. Its not used like you think it is. Maybe that's the way it is up in Canada. Also *** means other things. Its just a cuss word. Oh he's a *** is like saying oh he's a jack*** (which doesn't mean saying he's a donkey which is what jack*** means). At least that's the way it is with the newest generation.

Canada
11-02-2009, 09:04 PM
Oh BS. Its not used like you think it is. Maybe that's the way it is up in Canada. Also *** means other things. Its just a cuss word. Oh he's a *** is like saying oh he's a jack*** (which doesn't mean saying he's a donkey which is what jack*** means). At least that's the way it is with the newest generation.

:lol: You must be the dumbest mother f#cker on the planet. Do you even believe the bullsh!t that comes outta your mouth? Give me one other definition for the word f@gg*t. Yer an idiot.

kilobytes
11-03-2009, 12:10 AM
:lol: You must be the dumbest mother f#cker on the planet. Do you even believe the bullsh!t that comes outta your mouth? Give me one other definition for the word f@gg*t. Yer an idiot.
Cigarette and a bundle of sticks....................................:11:

Its not used like you think it is.

Your vocab is pretty bad and offensive as well

Enough of this. I came here to discuss the Chiefs not what a word means

Canada
11-03-2009, 07:39 AM
Cigarette and a bundle of sticks....................................:11:

Its not used like you think it is.

Your vocab is pretty bad and offensive as well

Enough of this. I came here to discuss the Chiefs not what a word means

F@g is a cigarette, not f@gg@t and if u think that LJ meant to call someone a bundle of sticks then you are even dumber than I thought. And hey, I am just using a word that everyone uses so it is OK.

kilobytes
11-03-2009, 05:37 PM
Here I even looked it up in the urban dictionary. It says in these times it is not really used as a homophobic slur but more like saying you are a loser or you are stupid. Words definitions change over time.

Since it won't let me directly link to the word go to urbandictionary.com and search for F@ggot. The first definition is what it is mostly being used as today. That is what LJ most likely really meant.

This is exactly what I have been talking about.

kilobytes
11-03-2009, 06:10 PM
In fact go look up "F@ggot a$$" at that site too. It means a "horribly wimpy man".