PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs and Johnson made a deal?

honda522
10-31-2009, 08:52 PM
Per ESPN it said they reached deal, and it said he still is suspended 2 weeks, but only loses one week pay.

Thats crap. Why do we have to pay a player that isn't playing.

Vanilla Garilla
10-31-2009, 10:12 PM
Per ESPN it said they reached deal, and it said he still is suspended 2 weeks, but only loses one week pay.

Just so the mess is out of the headlines i suppose.

matthewschiefs
11-01-2009, 01:01 AM
Just so the mess is out of the headlines i suppose.

I hope thats what it is. I hate to think there going to give the guy yet anther chance.

Hayvern
11-01-2009, 01:50 AM
They will, in grand terms this is a very minor incident and everyone who was saying that Johnson played his last game are sorely mistaken. Johnson will be back.

Isawa_mo
11-01-2009, 03:40 AM
If they have him play another down for the Chiefs then chock me up as someone that is losing faith in this new group. I have been faithful to their "idea" of a plan for this team, but I do not see a positive of having him around any longer.

He now falls into the category of someone that does not fit any portion of what they are supposedly trying to accomplish here. I mean, "what does this say?" I think both Hunt and Pioli should consider what it means when he brings into question the coach. It also brings into question the folks that hired said coach. I do not see how they could consider that a good thing.

I just don't get it...

Connie Jo
11-01-2009, 09:34 AM
I don't know if LJ will play another down for the Chiefs or not, but I do believe when it's all said and done...this will go down in the history books as being the last season LJ played for the Chiefs. I could be wrong, but hope not...and not because of this one incident. I believe he's become a Cancer to the Chiefs in many ways.

matthewschiefs
11-01-2009, 10:13 AM
They will, in grand terms this is a very minor incident and everyone who was saying that Johnson played his last game are sorely mistaken. Johnson will be back.

While this was a minor incident and i do think that the media has blown it up This is not the first time this has happend. This is a long history. I dont think that haveing LJ on this team does any good.

IlovetheChiefs
11-01-2009, 10:59 AM
Yeah to let him have half the money of the 2 weeks suspension seems a bad sign they plan on keeping him the rest of the season. That's too bad. I definitely wish him gone and also (since he wasn't performing productively anyway) was hoping to see us get to use Charles and Smith for some extensive action.

Yesterday while looking at my Chiefs posters I took LJ's down and threw it away. Even if he stays I don't want his poster up anymore. And I agree that whatever happens, he will NOT be a Chief in the 2010 season.

Isawa_mo
11-01-2009, 11:25 AM
That is the second reason its more annoying if they keep him and let him break the rushing record. He obviously cannot factor into their future plans anyhow.

IlovetheChiefs
11-01-2009, 11:33 AM
Yeah I agree Isawa mo.

Vanilla Garilla
11-01-2009, 01:16 PM
NFLPA says it will file a grievance against us if we deactivate him for the rest of the season, which sucks. So if this is looking more and more unlikely, lets just bench his @ss and let Charles, and Savage play in front of him.

matthewschiefs
11-01-2009, 02:13 PM
NFLPA says it will file a grievance against us if we deactivate him for the rest of the season, which sucks. So if this is looking more and more unlikely, lets just bench his @ss and let Charles, and Savage play in front of him.

I dont see them winning that grievance. Its up to the coach to say whos the best players to have on the field. There is no contract that promises you a certin amount of playing time. As long as LJ is getting paid they have no case.

hometeam
11-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Hes talking about deactivation, meaning he doesnt get payed. NFLPA will never let that fly. So, we dont deactivate him, but dont play him.

kilobytes
11-02-2009, 12:45 AM
My opinion on this is that he shouldn't get payed for being suspended. I think 2 weeks suspension is enough. I hope he comes back and shoves it down the opposing teams throat and then breaks that record because he really is the best RB in Chiefs history (probably get attacked for saying that) even though it was only for a few years like Okoye. He still has a few years left but he would be much better suited on a team with a descent O line.

matthewschiefs
11-02-2009, 12:53 AM
My opinion on this is that he shouldn't get payed for being suspended. I think 2 weeks suspension is enough. I hope he comes back and shoves it down the opposing teams throat and then breaks that record because he really is the best RB in Chiefs history even though it was only for a few years like Okoye. He still has a few years left but he would be much better suited on a team with a descent O line.

He has a lot of talent IMO I dont no about being the greatest RB the chiefs have had. I mean the chiefs did have Marcus Allen maybe not at his peak but Allen to me is better then LJ. I was lucky to see his last couple of years. But LJ has got to learn to keep his mouth shut. Thats going to cause him a lot of trouble when and if he gets cut from the chiefs.

kilobytes
11-02-2009, 01:00 AM
He has a lot of talent IMO I dont no about being the greatest RB the chiefs have had. I mean the chiefs did have Marcus Allen maybe not at his peak but Allen to me is better then LJ. I was lucky to see his last couple of years. But LJ has got to learn to keep his mouth shut. Thats going to cause him a lot of trouble when and if he gets cut from the chiefs.
Yeah I meant like RB who played the majority of their career with Chiefs.

KCraised
11-02-2009, 08:34 AM
LJ must know where the bodies are buried....

isht_starter
11-02-2009, 10:48 AM

What LJ did was stupid, but it has been blown way out of proportion. If the Chiefs suspend him or fine him more than one game check, the player's association will intervene and would win if/when the case goes to arbitration.

The only choice the Chiefs have is to cut LJ, which they don't want to do because it sends the message to the rest of the team that any player can force his way off the team simply by making some comments.

LJ will probably be back, but the real question might be whether he has the support of the other players on the team. After all, it would be naive to think LJ is the only player on the roster that shares his thoughts about Todd Haley's coaching pedigree.

matthewschiefs
11-02-2009, 01:26 PM
What LJ did was stupid, but it has been blown way out of proportion. If the Chiefs suspend him or fine him more than one game check, the player's association will intervene and would win if/when the case goes to arbitration.

The only choice the Chiefs have is to cut LJ, which they don't want to do because it sends the message to the rest of the team that any player can force his way off the team simply by making some comments.

LJ will probably be back, but the real question might be whether he has the support of the other players on the team. After all, it would be naive to think LJ is the only player on the roster that shares his thoughts about Todd Haley's coaching pedigree.

while i do agree that it was blown up by the media theres a reason. If this was the first time LJ said or did something stupid I dont think it would have been as big of an issure as it was. But its not. LJ can blame that on one person LJ.

KCCF
11-02-2009, 04:38 PM
LJ should'nt own that record. He's a crybaby and "needs to take off the diapers"

He had 2.7 ypc up to week 6 so in my opinion...hes washed up

hayden2004
11-02-2009, 06:33 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/04/41.jpg

hayden2004
11-02-2009, 06:34 PM
they need to cut him

greg3564
11-02-2009, 07:38 PM
I still think he'll be benched the rest of the way. We'll see. I'm 100 percent sure he's done with the Chiefs at the end of the season. Most of the sports analysts think so too. He is due a big roster bonus next season, and coupled with all the drama over the last few seasons, and he has sealed his fate with the team.

mann1634
11-03-2009, 10:49 PM
How many tds does he have this year i cant rember any of them.Oh thats right, get him out of here!

honda522
11-04-2009, 10:53 AM
How many tds does he have this year i cant rember any of them.Oh thats right, get him out of here!

yashi
11-04-2009, 11:01 AM
Me and LJ have the same amount of TDs. Can I get a few million?

matthewschiefs
11-04-2009, 11:20 AM
Me and LJ have the same amount of TDs. Can I get a few million?

:lol: I would like in on this deal to.