PDA

View Full Version : Sundays game is winable for the chiefs

matthewschiefs
11-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Looking at the matchup Sunday the chiefs could put some points on the board and win the game. If you look at the numbers the Jags D is right with the D of the Chiefs in just about every stat. The Chiefs have only given up 4 more points then the Jags on the season and have stuggled just as much as the Chiefs at stopping the run. They are within 3 yards of the Chiefs in every category.

The Jags offense has never been one that scares you. But with MJD they can probley put some points up on the chiefs to. There offense is ahead of the Chiefs in just every way. But they have had the softer NFC west schedule. They kind of remind me of Washington. They Barley beat the rams a game that went into ot and there last game they gave a team the Titans there first win. I kind of like the match up. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!

stricken721
11-02-2009, 04:10 PM
In order to win this game we will have to get our Offense going and be able to stop the run otherwise MJD is going to have a career day. But I do think we have a good shot at winning this game,it would just be nice to get everything moving starting now.

Hayvern
11-02-2009, 06:46 PM
Yeah, agreed Maurice Jones-Drew is going to have a field day this weekend.

IlovetheChiefs
11-02-2009, 07:06 PM
Definitely winable. Jax lost 41-0 to Seattle, needed overtime at home to beat the Rams, and lost 30-13 to the 0-6 Titans in their last 3 games.

Interesting that at Washington we were 6 point underdogs and that's the line at Jacksonville now.

But after that demoralizing 37-7 loss we had at home to SD, I have to also acknowledge that this Jax game is also losable. But at least we do have a realistic shot at going to 2-6. And we're coming off a bye too, unlike Jax.

matthewschiefs
11-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Definitely winable. Jax lost 41-0 to Seattle, needed overtime at home to beat the Rams, and lost 30-13 to the 0-6 Titans in their last 3 games.

Interesting that at Washington we were 6 point underdogs and that's the line at Jacksonville now.

But after that demoralizing 37-7 loss we had at home to SD, I have to also acknowledge that this Jax game is also losable. But at least we do have a realistic shot at going to 2-6. And we're coming off a bye too, unlike Jax.

We even have a shot at 3-6 if we dont blow anther game to the raiders.

stricken721
11-02-2009, 07:13 PM

We even have a shot at 4-6 if we can beat the Steel... Nevermind I got carried away there. :lol:

matthewschiefs
11-02-2009, 07:14 PM
We even have a shot at 4-6 if we can beat the Steel... Nevermind I got carried away there. :lol:

:lol: Miricals do happen. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!

IlovetheChiefs
11-02-2009, 07:16 PM

That's true. And then we'd have a 2 game winning streak and momentum for the next game--> The (yikes) Steelers.

Edit: Oh I see you guys beat me to it in speculating about the Steeler game, heh.

greg3564
11-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Depends on which Jacksonville teams shows up. Their stats are misleading because some of their games were all out offensive juggernauts and then they have games like they did against the Titans ans Seahawks. I only know this because Garrard is my backup fantasy QB. He's terribly inconsistent. Thank goodness I have Brady as my starter. :)

Stumplifter
11-02-2009, 11:44 PM
That's true. And then we'd have a 2 game winning streak and momentum for the next game--> The (yikes) Steelers.

This made we wonder when the we last saw the Chiefs win 2 in a row, so I had to go back and look.

It was weeks 6 & 7 of 2007. 2 years ago!
Ugh.... I've been drinking the kool aid so long that I guess I forgot we were THAT bad. 8-)

Oh, that's right.... Herm was here.

Chiefster
11-03-2009, 12:01 AM
We have seen the enemy and it is us.

SAPHOJUNKIE
11-03-2009, 02:11 PM

i don't think we can beat the Steelers, but they are very beatable.

Any team with a terrible offensive line and a question mark at running back (parker's ability, mendenhall's hands) is beatable.

still, we just can't put it on their defense. If we had a solid o-line, we would have a chance.

matthewschiefs
11-03-2009, 02:14 PM
i don't think we can beat the Steelers, but they are very beatable.

Any team with a terrible offensive line and a question mark at running back (parker's ability, mendenhall's hands) is beatable.

still, we just can't put it on their defense. If we had a solid o-line, we would have a chance.

I dont expect a win vs the stellers but I hope for one. But they are defently beatable. They have some questions.