PDA

View Full Version : Would Chris Chambers be a good fit for the Chiefs?

Eydugstr
11-03-2009, 10:44 AM
Just read on NFL fanhouse that Chris Chambers got cut by the San Diego Chargers. Anyone think he might work out for the Chiefs?

I would say the bolts just shot themselves in the foot (again).

Vanilla Garilla
11-03-2009, 10:55 AM
I would not be against bringing in Chris Chambers to compete for the number 3 spot.

yashi
11-03-2009, 11:28 AM
I think Chambers is done personally. If he couldn't do anything as a starter in a pass friendly offense like that, I don't have a lot of hope for him here. I could be wrong of course, but he hasn't been good for about 5 years.

Vanilla Garilla
11-03-2009, 11:53 AM
I think Chambers is done personally. If he couldn't do anything as a starter in a pass friendly offense like that, I don't have a lot of hope for him here. I could be wrong of course, but he hasn't been good for about 5 years.

However they have many, many more weapons to use, so he may not have been effectively utilized imo.

hometeam
11-03-2009, 11:57 AM
BRing him in. He still has hands, something we need. Not to mention, you know we will raid him for Chargers info~

matthewschiefs
11-03-2009, 12:18 PM
I would not be against giveing him a look at WR right now any help outside bowe and wade is good help.

Seek
11-03-2009, 12:31 PM
I don't think so. He is one of the guys Haley would call on the field but retired, because they don't know better.

For the Chargers to just release him mid season, isn't a good sign. They still have to pay him for this season, yet still decided it was best to let him go.

Do we really want another Bobby Engram, Amanti Toomer, or Ashley Lelie???? I would rather pick up another guy who can still be developed instead of bringing in a washed up guy hoping to turn him around with no long term goal in mind.

The team is in rebuild mode. Not win now....Making this move won't help this team for the direction the Chiefs are trying to make.

yashi
11-03-2009, 02:41 PM
I don't think so. He is one of the guys Haley would call on the field but retired, because they don't know better.

For the Chargers to just release him mid season, isn't a good sign. They still have to pay him for this season, yet still decided it was best to let him go.

Do we really want another Bobby Engram, Amanti Toomer, or Ashley Lelie???? I would rather pick up another guy who can still be developed instead of bringing in a washed up guy hoping to turn him around with no long term goal in mind.

The team is in rebuild mode. Not win now....Making this move won't help this team for the direction the Chiefs are trying to make.

This.

figcrostic
11-03-2009, 03:57 PM
I don't want anymore old has beens at the WR position, and in his case he is more of a 3rd or 4th wr has been.

Drunker Hillbilly
11-03-2009, 05:48 PM
Just claimed him!!! Can't be any worse than what we have now.

SAPHOJUNKIE
11-03-2009, 06:10 PM
I don't want anymore old has beens at the WR position, and in his case he is more of a 3rd or 4th wr has been.

Sadly, the draft isn't until April, and the second round is even further away.

#58ChiefsFan
11-03-2009, 06:37 PM
I am not against this move. Chambers has been in our division for a couple years and has played the teams we must learn to defeat twice a year.

This team has to learn how to finish games and I think you need a veteran at each position to make that happen.

He will step up during the chargers game given the chance to play. He will also understand the need to punish the raiders for stealing a victory from us in our house.

Seek
11-05-2009, 01:21 PM
I guess we will find out. I am not sure why we signed a guy to play 9 more games for 2.4 million this year to be a free agent next year.

I hope it works out... Still don't like the move.