PDA

View Full Version : For better or for worse

Vanilla Garilla
11-03-2009, 02:18 PM
So, I get asked a lot at work, and by friends how i can still stomach to wear my Chiefs hats and shirts. My answer is simple: I love them, I support them, and they are my football team for better or for worse. So in a sense i am married to this team, and a divorce is not optional.

I would rather be a die hard loyal fan of a crappy team than be a bandwagon fan that just jumps to whichever team is kicking the most @ss that season. I would rather watch my Chiefs win only one game a year than root for any other team in the NFL.

Yeah so it sucks, and its definitely not easy being a Chiefs fan, but I take pride in our organization, and I take pride in being loyal to a team that has brought me much joy in the past, and that will once again bring me much joy in the future.

So if anyone gives you crap about being a Chiefs fan, just smile and say "It still better than being a Browns or Raiders fan".

stricken721
11-03-2009, 02:35 PM
Agree 110%. :bananen_smilies046:

matthewschiefs
11-03-2009, 04:18 PM
Great post I fell the same way. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!

Hayvern
11-03-2009, 04:58 PM
I went as a Chief's fan for Halloween this year.

Connie Jo
11-03-2009, 08:56 PM
Nice post!! Agree all the way! :)

pbatrucker
11-03-2009, 09:03 PM
You are correct sir!!!!:bananen_smilies046:

IlovetheChiefs
11-03-2009, 09:58 PM
Yes, a VG (Very Good) post, VG (Vanilla Garilla). :)

I get those comments at work too. But doesn't faze me.

I love the Chiefs and nothing will ever diminish that. It's like when Mr. Rogers used to say, "You make every day a special day. You know how don't you? By just your being you!" The Chiefs are special. Yes it's a lot nicer when they win and play a high quality game, but even when their performance is sub par, it's still special to see them play just because they are the Kansas City Chiefs! Nuff said!

matthewschiefs
11-03-2009, 10:32 PM
LOl i cant name everywere i get the comments. Sad part is I even get them from all the Ram fans here and I am like why are you talking. But I were my chiefs jerseys all around thats all i wear. I dont even own any other clothing GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!

GlennBree
11-05-2009, 01:35 PM
Wear It Loud And Proud!!!

Chiefster
11-07-2009, 01:27 AM
I thought this was a thread about marriage.

YouTube- Married with children opening

Vandelay
11-07-2009, 04:26 AM
I thought this was a thread about marriage.

YouTube- Married with children opening (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAKaJE4gjYg)
A show that is so bad, it's good.

Chiefster
11-08-2009, 12:52 AM
A show that is so bad, it's good.

:lol:

Why yes; yes it is. :D

Sn@keIze
11-08-2009, 01:36 AM
you find out who true fans are when the going gets tough.

much like friends.

Chiefster
11-08-2009, 01:44 AM
you find out who true fans are when the going gets tough.

much like friends.

Very true!

hometeam
11-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Good post.

I think most of the people on this forum fall into that catagory. Its not like KC has a big bandwagon right now :P

Canada
11-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Im drunk.

tornadospotter
11-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Im drunk.
Yep!

O and me too.:bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
11-09-2009, 01:17 AM
Im drunk.

I thought you were Canada. :D

tornadospotter
11-09-2009, 01:24 AM
True.
YouTube- Wassup 2008

:D

Canada
11-09-2009, 07:18 AM
Im drunk.

the two go hand in hand!! :drunkhb:

chiefsfreak4life
11-09-2009, 11:38 AM
So, I get asked a lot at work, and by friends how i can still stomach to wear my Chiefs hats and shirts. My answer is simple: I love them, I support them, and they are my football team for better or for worse. So in a sense i am married to this team, and a divorce is not optional.

I would rather be a die hard loyal fan of a crappy team than be a bandwagon fan that just jumps to whichever team is kicking the most @ss that season. I would rather watch my Chiefs win only one game a year than root for any other team in the NFL.

Yeah so it sucks, and its definitely not easy being a Chiefs fan, but I take pride in our organization, and I take pride in being loyal to a team that has brought me much joy in the past, and that will once again bring me much joy in the future.

So if anyone gives you crap about being a Chiefs fan, just smile and say "It still better than being a Browns or Raiders fan".

Giving up on the Chiefs? Never! Divorce? Well, life happens!

IlovetheChiefs
11-09-2009, 08:06 PM
So in a sense i am married to this team, and a divorce is not optional.

I've been using this now. :)

Today 3 different people said I ought to switch teams. I said I'm married to the Chiefs and that would be cheating!

And better than being an Ickles fan! (they've NEVER won a Super Bowl. Not that that should matter to a true fan, BUT it's the ICKLES fans here who tell me I ought to switch to a bandwagon team like theirs, and yet they never won the SB so how does that even make sense from a bandwagon perspective!!)

Vanilla Garilla
11-12-2009, 12:30 AM
I've been using this now. :)

Today 3 different people said I ought to switch teams. I said I'm married to the Chiefs and that would be cheating!

And better than being an Ickles fan! (they've NEVER won a Super Bowl. Not that that should matter to a true fan, BUT it's the ICKLES fans here who tell me I ought to switch to a bandwagon team like theirs, and yet they never won the SB so how does that even make sense from a bandwagon perspective!!)

Thats what im talking about right there!!! :toast2:

AussieChiefsFan
11-12-2009, 12:38 AM

Couldn't Have put it into better words myself!:bananen_smilies046: :yahoo: :fan_wave2: