PDA

View Full Version : Pollard

CapitalT
11-05-2009, 03:27 PM
I know that many will still think letting him go was a good idea but I'm not one of them:

Pollard a big piece of Texans' improving D - NFL Nation - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/11322/pollard-a-big-piece-of-texans-improving-d)

Hayvern
11-05-2009, 04:08 PM
I know that many will still think letting him go was a good idea but I'm not one of them:

Pollard a big piece of Texans' improving D - NFL Nation - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/11322/pollard-a-big-piece-of-texans-improving-d)

WOW, what a find, both for CapitalT and the Texans.

I have made no bones about my love of Pollard, I think he was one of the shining members of our defense last year that was overall lackluster at best. For every tackle he missed, I can point to an equal number of great plays he made.

This is just another one of those things that I think Haley and crew screwed up on. Now with two of our safeties injured, one of them out for the rest of the year, the mistake in releasing this guy instead of one of the four quarterbacks we decided to keep is glaring.

Another rookie mistake by our rookie head coach!

kilobytes
11-05-2009, 04:34 PM
Cutting Pollard was one of the dumbest moves I have seen yet. I was SHOCKED. At least trade him for something but no we just cut him for no apparent reason. Yes he wasn't very good with coverage but he made big plays when it mattered. One of the better players on the team.

KCCAT21
11-05-2009, 04:44 PM
Cutting Pollard was one of the dumbest moves I have seen yet. I was SHOCKED. At least trade him for something but no we just cut him for no apparent reason. Yes he wasn't very good with coverage but he made big plays when it mattered. One of the better players on the team.

I agree 100%. He played hard every game. He may have not been the most gifted player on the field but he always gave 100%. Should have never got rid of him.

josh1971
11-05-2009, 08:11 PM
Well, after that one play where he walked on water, then healed beggars and blind men on the sideline, I was a bit sorry we let him go.

Given the worst thing we keep giving up is huge pass plays, and Pollard couldn't cover a barn with a coat of paint, I'm glad he's prospering in Houston, but I'm not going to sit in the corner, rocking back and forth and pining for the loss.

Jared Allen was a bigger loss.

hometeam
11-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Of course JA wa sa bigger loss, but letting pollard go was a big mistake, look at some of my past posts, I called it then. We could have kept both him and Brown. :/ or maybe one less WR :/

KottkeKU
11-05-2009, 09:45 PM
they did try and trade him. Nobody would give up anything so they cut him, Texans signed him like a week or two later so he wasnt a hot commodity or anything. And a new team may be just what pollard needed to start playing like a 2nd round draft pick....he coudlnt cover worth a damn when he was here, and his tackling was always poor...our safeties blow. period. Pollard being here wouldnt have made any difference, he is about the same level as all the others we have imo

Sn@keIze
11-06-2009, 02:55 AM
i cant wait to see a the dumbasses who said releasing was a good idea and jump ship and say "oh, i new releasng him was a mistake."

What did u think our leadng tackler last year being young as he is and a 2nd round draft pic would do?

this pisses me off. why did u have to start this thread CapT?

CapitalT
11-06-2009, 03:59 PM
i cant wait to see a the dumbasses who said releasing was a good idea and jump ship and say "oh, i new releasng him was a mistake."

What did u think our leadng tackler last year being young as he is and a 2nd round draft pic would do?

this pisses me off. why did u have to start this thread CapT?

My apologies :-)

He's gone and I wish him luck. I think he'll be really good in a few years ... but he's not a Chief anymore so the hell with him.

SAPHOJUNKIE
11-06-2009, 07:52 PM
You people crack me up. You're sitting around whining that we cut a mediocre player.

"Sure, he was bad in coverage, but he played hard and made plays!"

Ok...so he's bad at 50% of his job. Hmm?

Nope.

Thanks, but no thanks. You people need to realize that professionals do it on the practice field.

I loved Pollard. I had high hopes for him. I was sad to see him go, but I completely understood. He was another Greg Wesley - always out for the big hit, getting out of position, blowing coverage.

Guess what happens when you leave your coverage for a big hit on the tight end? Well, sometimes you "make plays" and sometimes the quarterback throws it to the receiver for a 60 yard touchdown.

That's why you don't leave your assignment to go make plays. Pollard wouldn't stop doing it, so he was cut. I will miss his big plays, but not his blown coverage.

hometeam
11-06-2009, 09:17 PM
well the guy they replaced him with is bad at 100% so pick your poisen.

In the 3-4, he would have been used much more effectively. But Haley cant get along with anyone, so he cuts strong voices inside the locker room.

KCINNYC
11-06-2009, 09:58 PM
You people crack me up. You're sitting around whining that we cut a mediocre player.

Nope.

Thanks, but no thanks. You people need to realize that professionals do it on the practice field.

I loved Pollard. I had high hopes for him. I was sad to see him go, but I completely understood. He was another Greg Wesley - always out for the big hit, getting out of position, blowing coverage.

Guess what happens when you leave your coverage for a big hit on the tight end? Well, sometimes you "make plays" and sometimes the quarterback throws it to the receiver for a 60 yard touchdown.

That's why you don't leave your assignment to go make plays. Pollard wouldn't stop doing it, so he was cut. I will miss his big plays, but not his blown coverage.

I couldn't have said it better.

matthewschiefs
11-06-2009, 11:56 PM

Nope.

Pollard had a lot of potental. But he was also not a cant cut guy. He may be looking good for the texans but you cant say that he would be looking great in a chiefs jersey. The fact is the texans are a diffrent and better team at this point. Thats probley helping him look better then what he would here.

yashi
11-07-2009, 09:19 AM
Has anyone even mentioned scheme? Because he helped improve their run defense so much, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that they play him in the box on most plays instead of putting him deep in coverage. How often do you see Page or McGraw standing in there with the linebackers?

He was cut because of his lack of coverage ability, not his ability to help in the box where he's best or because of his overall talent. They like blitzing the strong safety and keeping the FS back in coverage.

CapitalT
11-07-2009, 04:25 PM

Nope.

Yeah - it's pretty clear that we got way better in pass coverage after he left ... *rolls his eyes*

Coach
11-07-2009, 09:42 PM
I hope he does well. But I don't think the Chiefs will miss him. I have faith in Haley and Pioli to do what is right for this football team.

josh1971
11-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Boy, we sure waste a lot of time talking about this guy........................

hometeam
11-08-2009, 12:42 AM
No time is wasted. Its a forum concerning kansas city chiefs, including personell decisions~

besides, you got nothin else to do!

Chiefster
11-08-2009, 01:16 AM
Boy, we sure waste a lot of time talking about this guy........................

Yes, we do tend to spend an inordinate amount of time discussing him.

josh1971
11-08-2009, 01:37 AM
No time is wasted. Its a forum concerning kansas city chiefs, including personell decisions~

besides, you got nothin else to do!

But... point one- he's no longer KC Chiefs personnel

point 2- discussing a Houston Texans safety IS a waste of time here.

Point 3- If I listed all the things for you that I *should* be doing, you might recant that last statement of yours. :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
11-08-2009, 01:49 AM

Point 3- If I listed all the things for you that I *should* be doing, you might recant that last statement of yours. :bananen_smilies046:

Gotta love a point by point dossier. :D

Vandelay
11-08-2009, 01:52 AM
Gotta love a point by point dossier. :D
Stop using words I don't know the meaning of.

Chiefster
11-08-2009, 01:56 AM
Stop using words I don't know the meaning of.

:lol:

i.e.: "report" :D

Pro_Angler
11-08-2009, 02:06 PM
I liked Pollard

josh1971
11-08-2009, 04:19 PM
I liked Pollard

Irrelevant! :11:

texaschief
11-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Mr. "horrible in coverage" had 2 INTs to go along with his 12 tackles today against the Colts and their horrible QB.

Thank GOD he's no longer with the Chiefs... Mike Brown is by FAR a superior Safety... :lamende:

stricken721
11-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Epic fail by Haley on releasing him.

brish
11-08-2009, 06:12 PM
God this thread is getting boring... He is gone.. Deal with it!

texaschief
11-08-2009, 06:29 PM

I think I'm going to ride this Pollard thing as long as y'all have ridden the Jared Allen thing. Except, the Chiefs got a first round and 2 third round picks for a guy who wasn't going to re-sign with the Chiefs, whereas the Chiefs got absolutely nothing for a 24 year old safety who's having a Pro Bowl caliber season.

He IS gone... this is me "dealing with it." Making sure you know how bad of a decision your great Haley made and making you eat your words after stating how "poor, bad, average, mediocre" of a player Pollard was. This is what happens when you release young players full of potential. We're going to see this same type of crap once Tank Tyler gets going as well.

greg3564
11-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Add Pollard to the list of other "no good" players that one GM or the other let go. ie Jared Allen, Kawika Mitchell, Scott Fugita. I'm going to give Haley and Pioli the benefit if the doubt on this one.

chief31
11-08-2009, 07:06 PM
Pollard had a lot of potental. But he was also not a cant cut guy. He may be looking good for the texans but you cant say that he would be looking great in a chiefs jersey. The fact is the texans are a diffrent and better team at this point. Thats probley helping him look better then what he would here.

BS. He was the best tackler on the team, and far from as bad in coverage as his replacements.

But since Haley cut him, some folks convince themselves that he was horrible.

Has anyone even mentioned scheme? Because he helped improve their run defense so much, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that they play him in the box on most plays instead of putting him deep in coverage. How often do you see Page or McGraw standing in there with the linebackers?

He was cut because of his lack of coverage ability, not his ability to help in the box where he's best or because of his overall talent. They like blitzing the strong safety and keeping the FS back in coverage.

I haven't seen all of their games, but I did see today's game, and that wasn't the case. He looked pretty good in coverage today.

Dealing with it. Poining out the failure to coach, and the mistake of releasing young talent, of our current staff.

How long are we gonna continue to blame everything on the failures and mistakes of the previous staff, and use that as an excuse for the current staff?

I think I'm going to ride this Pollard thing as long as y'all have ridden the Jared Allen thing. Except, the Chiefs got a first round and 2 third round picks for a guy who wasn't going to re-sign with the Chiefs, whereas the Chiefs got absolutely nothing for a 24 year old safety who's having a Pro Bowl caliber season.

Still with the propaganda?

Jared Allen made large financial investments in the Kansas City area. He did plan on remaining with The Chiefs. But was only offered to be traded, despite repeated requests for negotiations with The Chiefs.

And I would gladly give every draft pick that Herm used here, to get Jared back. But I can't imagine that such an offer would even mildly interest The Vikings.

Pretending that the JA trade was good, is baffling, considering how you feel about losing Tank and Pollard.

Are you still unable to recognize your pro-Herm bias?

brish
11-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Pollard didn't play well last year for us, and probably wasn'y playing well in camp for us this year. Hence the reason why he was cut.
Im fed up with with all you people who act like Haley / Pioli are trying to sink this team on purpose.
All your negativity over something that cannot be changed is rediculous and futile..

But please whine to your hearts content...

chief31
11-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Pollard didn't play well last year for us, and probably wasn'y playing well in camp for us this year. Hence the reason why he was cut.
Im fed up with with all you people who act like Haley / Pioli are trying to sink this team on purpose.
All your negativity over something that cannot be changed is rediculous and futile..

But please whine to your hearts content...

Pollard did play well last season. And he is continuing to play well with The Texans.

So, what is o.k. to criticize, by you? Can we criticize LJ? Can we criticize our o-line? Can we criticize anything?

How about 1-7? (1-11 including preseason)

Or is every critique just whining? Sort of like your post here?

It's prety silly to call others out as whining, by whining about it.

tornadospotter
11-08-2009, 07:26 PM
I want to know WHO IS THE 22 GUY'S of the street, and WHERE THE punk ARE THEY!!!!!

brish
11-08-2009, 07:34 PM
Pollard did play well last season. And he is continuing to play well with The Texans.

So, what is o.k. to criticize, by you? Can we criticize LJ? Can we criticize our o-line? Can we criticize anything?

How about 1-7? (1-11 including preseason)

Or is every critique just whining? Sort of like your post here?

It's prety silly to call others out as whining, by whining about it.

No Pollard wasn't good in coverage last year.. We disagree.. Fine..
I don't mind that at all, what I do mind is TC saying the same thing over and over again, about something that no one can do anything about..

Want something to critique?? How about Haley saying this was Charles' time to prove himself, and then only handing him the ball 6 times.
How about our receivers dropping the ball again and again, or our ****ty o-line.
At least these things can be handled..

:sign0101:

I reserve my right to throw hissy fits over TC's ever pessimistic monday night Quarterback posts! :D

chief31
11-08-2009, 08:02 PM
I don't mind that at all, what I do mind is TC saying the same thing over and over again, about something that no one can do anything about..

Want something to critique?? How about Haley saying this was Charles' time to prove himself, and then only handing him the ball 6 times.
How about our receivers dropping the ball again and again, or our ****ty o-line.

I reserve my right to throw hissy fits over TC's ever pessimistic monday night Quarterback posts! :D

I never expect Haley to get a running game going. So I'm not real surprised with that situation.

I certainly wouldn't fire Haley at this point. But I have yet to see anything from him that looks to be a step in the right direction.

As long as his "22 players" get the two wins he said they could, then I would keep him into next season as well. (Unless Cowher shows interest.)

But I would definitely be critiquing every move he makes in the meantime.

Canada
11-08-2009, 08:24 PM
I'll play against the donx and b_lls in Dec.

tornadospotter
11-08-2009, 08:27 PM
I'll play against the donx and b_lls in Dec.
OK, WHERE IS THE 21 GUY'S OFF THE STREET?

Canada
11-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Dans coming too

tornadospotter
11-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Dans coming too
OK,WHERE ARE THE OTHER 18 GUYS OFF THE STREET?

Dan is worth at least 3 guys:D

josh1971
11-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Count me in- I can probably defend a QB as well as Barry Richardson or the other OL can.

Sn@keIze
11-08-2009, 08:43 PM

:sign0101: :Dwell he had 2 interceptions today. Thats not half bad.

And for all you idiots who dont get the picture yet.

This is not about Pollard. This is about staffs ability to coach and recognize talent. And the the decision making on who to let go and keep.

For example, why dont some of you look up Keyeron Fox. See how he is doing for the Steelers rite now. He intercepted and ran back for a TD last i heard.

tornadospotter
11-08-2009, 08:46 PM
well he had 2 interceptions today. Thats not half bad.

And for all you idiots who dont get the picture yet.

This is not about Pollard. This is about staffs ability to coach and recognize talent. And the the decision making on who to let go and keep.

For example, why dont some of you look up Keyeron Fox. See how he is doing for the Steelers rite now. He intercepted and ran back for a TD last i heard.
yep!:drunkhb:

kilobytes
11-08-2009, 08:47 PM
I can cover as well as Leggett.

tornadospotter
11-08-2009, 08:48 PM
But 22 guys of the street can do better!

texaschief
11-08-2009, 10:23 PM
BS. He was the best tackler on the team, and far from as bad in coverage as his replacements.

But since Haley cut him, some folks convince themselves that he was horrible.

I haven't seen all of their games, but I did see today's game, and that wasn't the case. He looked pretty good in coverage today.

Dealing with it. Poining out the failure to coach, and the mistake of releasing young talent, of our current staff.

How long are we gonna continue to blame everything on the failures and mistakes of the previous staff, and use that as an excuse for the current staff?

Still with the propaganda?

Jared Allen made large financial investments in the Kansas City area. He did plan on remaining with The Chiefs. But was only offered to be traded, despite repeated requests for negotiations with The Chiefs.

Malik Rose started a new Philly Cheesesteak restaurant in San Antonio, then signed as a free agent with the Knicks. Starting a restaurant or being a partner in one doesn't require you to be ever-present. So, that's not really a reason why someone would stay in a city.

LAM! Sports, Canada - Feb 25, 2007
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - Chiefs defensive end Jared Allen wants out of Kansas City.

He formally requested a trade after contract negotiations broke down over the weekend in Indianapolis, Allen's agent, Ken Harris, said in a phone interview Sunday.

The Kansas City Star reported that the team rejected the request, and Chiefs general manager Carl Peterson told the newspaper that the club plans to tender Allen on March 1, the deadline for teams to submit qualifying offers to restricted free agents.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2779135

Peterson also noted that even though Allen's two DUI convictions -- the second earlier this month in Leawood, Kan. -- factored into the contract process, he still wanted Allen on the team.

"There's always a risk," Peterson told The Star. "And we haven't found out yet from the National Football League how much of a suspension they're going to give him [in 2007].

"He's a very good football player. But he's also a young man at risk, and we know that, and so does the National Football League. We're trying to work out something that makes sense, and hopefully that will be done."

Moore said he could not discuss specifics.

"With repeated DUIs, there's always a risk that those things will end in a league punishment of some sort," he said.

Allen made his bed and was pissed when the Chiefs wouldn't treat him like he HADN'T made mistakes in his past. To say that the fault was entirely Peterson's is ridiculous.

And I would gladly give every draft pick that Herm used here, to get Jared back. But I can't imagine that such an offer would even mildly interest The Vikings.

Pretending that the JA trade was good, is baffling, considering how you feel about losing Tank and Pollard.

Are you still unable to recognize your pro-Herm bias?

The Jared Allen transaction provided MUCH more benefit to this team than the Bernard Pollard transaction did... period.

:sign0023: Clueless.

brish
11-09-2009, 02:59 AM
:sign0104:

chief31
11-09-2009, 05:55 AM
LAM! Sports, Canada - Feb 25, 2007
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - Chiefs defensive end Jared Allen wants out of Kansas City.

He formally requested a trade after contract negotiations broke down over the weekend in Indianapolis, Allen's agent, Ken Harris, said in a phone interview Sunday.

The Kansas City Star reported that the team rejected the request, and Chiefs general manager Carl Peterson told the newspaper that the club plans to tender Allen on March 1, the deadline for teams to submit qualifying offers to restricted free agents.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2779135 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2779135)

Peterson also noted that even though Allen's two DUI convictions -- the second earlier this month in Leawood, Kan. -- factored into the contract process, he still wanted Allen on the team.

"There's always a risk," Peterson told The Star. "And we haven't found out yet from the National Football League how much of a suspension they're going to give him [in 2007].

"He's a very good football player. But he's also a young man at risk, and we know that, and so does the National Football League. We're trying to work out something that makes sense, and hopefully that will be done."

Moore said he could not discuss specifics.

"With repeated DUIs, there's always a risk that those things will end in a league punishment of some sort," he said.

The Jared Allen transaction provided MUCH more benefit to this team than the Bernard Pollard transaction did... period.

A.) All of that is from the previous off-season. (2007)

B.)
From Glazer (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8043460):

The Pro Bowl defensive end is the Chiefs' franchise player, but re-signing in Kansas City will be a problem as the team is looking to stockpile draft picks.
Allen said the two sticking points are working out terms of a deal with a new team and the Chiefs agreeing to compensation for a trade. A package of first- and second-round picks or one of first- and third-round picks in the upcoming draft have been discussed as possible terms. It's unclear at this point what it will take to get the deal done.http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/For-some-reason-Chiefs-to-trade-Jared-Allen?urn=nfl,77367

From the time of the stories that you shared, Jared cleaned his act up completely and fully comitted himself to this team.

In return, he was sold to the highest bidder.... at a bargain basement price.

Getting two draft picks for the best DE in The NFL is anything but a "benefit".

Epic fail.

Canada
11-09-2009, 07:17 AM
I can't believe Neil Smith went to Denver.

yashi
11-09-2009, 07:56 AM
Mike Brown sucks.

Canada
11-09-2009, 08:09 AM
Mike Brown sucks.yup :bananen_smilies046:

Stumplifter
11-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Mike Brown sucks.

Perhaps they'll put Colquitt in at safety. At least he can tackle. 8-)

Chiefster
11-09-2009, 12:13 PM
Perhaps they'll put Colquitt in at safety. At least he can tackle. 8-)

:lol: Good point.

texaschief
11-09-2009, 02:48 PM

B.)

The Pro Bowl defensive end is the Chiefs' franchise player, but re-signing in Kansas City will be a problem as the team is looking to stockpile draft picks.
Allen said the two sticking points are working out terms of a deal with a new team and the Chiefs agreeing to compensation for a trade. A package of first- and second-round picks or one of first- and third-round picks in the upcoming draft have been discussed as possible terms. It's unclear at this point what it will take to get the deal done.http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/For-some-reason-Chiefs-to-trade-Jared-Allen?urn=nfl,77367

From the time of the stories that you shared, Jared cleaned his act up completely and fully comitted himself to this team.

Epic fail.

So, you think in one year's time that he changed his attitude altogether and decided he wanted to stay even though he was STILL without a long-term deal? :pointlaugh:

Whatever you say, hoss.

SAPHOJUNKIE
11-09-2009, 05:39 PM

He IS gone... this is me "dealing with it." Making sure you know how bad of a decision your great Haley made and making you eat your words after stating how "poor, bad, average, mediocre" of a player Pollard was. This is what happens when you release young players full of potential. We're going to see this same type of crap once Tank Tyler gets going as well.

Everything is bigger in texas, including the exaggeration.

PRO BOWL CALIBER SEASON? He has had two interceptions ALL YEAR. He had one really good game. You honestly think he is one of the 3 best safeties in the AFC? Because that's what it means to go to the probowl, in case you weren't aware.

josh1971
11-09-2009, 05:53 PM
I just don't get how Mike Brown is the cause of all the ills in the KC secondary. He's tied for the lead on tackles, and is just about the only KC safety that hasn't been injured (when he was the one that was supposed to be injury prone).

When there are 4, sometimes 5 or 6 guys back there, how is it all one guy's fault?

We need a really good safety pick up in the off season, but I just don't see how Mike Brown is the only guy at fault in the current group.

texaschief
11-09-2009, 06:06 PM
I just don't get how Mike Brown is the cause of all the ills in the KC secondary. He's tied for the lead on tackles, and is just about the only KC safety that hasn't been injured (when he was the one that was supposed to be injury prone).

When there are 4, sometimes 5 or 6 guys back there, how is it all one guy's fault?

We need a really good safety pick up in the off season, but I just don't see how Mike Brown is the only guy at fault in the current group.

If you've read any of my other posts, you'd realize I for one don't blame JUST Mike Brown. It's not ALL his fault. I believe he's playing to his capacity. It's OTHER people's fault that he's being put in the situations he's in. He shouldn't be a starter in the first place.

CapitalT
11-09-2009, 07:51 PM
I hope he does well. But I don't think the Chiefs will miss him. I have faith in Haley and Pioli to do what is right for this football team.
I sincerely hope your right Coach. I would be very happy to see Haley and Pioli turn things around.

kilobytes
11-09-2009, 08:01 PM

B.)

Allen said the two sticking points are working out terms of a deal with a new team and the Chiefs agreeing to compensation for a trade. A package of first- and second-round picks or one of first- and third-round picks in the upcoming draft have been discussed as possible terms. It's unclear at this point what it will take to get the deal done.For some reason, Chiefs to trade Jared Allen - Shutdown Corner - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/For-some-reason-Chiefs-to-trade-Jared-Allen?urn=nfl,77367)

Epic fail.
Agreed

yashi
11-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Good thing LJ isn't a great player in his prime like Allen was.

kilobytes
11-10-2009, 12:32 AM
Good thing LJ isn't a great player in his prime like Allen was.
LJ still has 2 years left in the tank. With descent O line he will do pretty good. He really hasn't lost too much yet.

Sn@keIze
11-10-2009, 01:52 AM

We need a really good safety pick up in the off season, but I just don't see how Mike Brown is the only guy at fault in the current group.Its not his fault as much as it is the idiots thought it would be a good idea to release good help.

................... I have faith in Haley ................Your an FN idiot.

Chiefster
11-10-2009, 02:35 AM
Its not his fault as much as it is the idiots thought it would be a good idea to release good help.

Your an FN idiot.

Wow, really?

You do know this qualifies as a personal attack right?

...And, it's a personal attack on the owner of the site; normally, if it were just a regular member without administrative authority, I would have handed down a disciplinary measure, more then likely just a "Warning". However, I simply will let Coach deal with you as he sees fit given the fact that he is not defenseless in the matter.

Sn@keIze
11-10-2009, 03:03 AM
Wow, really?

You do know this qualifies as a personal attack right?

...And, it's a personal attack on the owner of the site; normally, .............

I simply will let Coach deal with you as he sees fit given the fact that he is not defenseless in the matter.I appreciate your delay in giving me an infraction= FACT

Yes it was a personal attack=FACT

I am sorry but not really= FACT

I express sincere opinion to everyone whether you are the site owner are not= FACT

I will accept whatever infractions come to me becuz I believe in government=FACT

I love the Chiefs and will till i die no matter what i say and sometimes I need to blow some steam by taking it out on my fellow Chiefs fans opinions= FACT

Coach is an FN idiot for having faith in Haley?............................................ ....

texaschief
11-10-2009, 03:16 AM
I appreciate your delay in giving me an infraction= FACT

Yes it was a personal attack=FACT

I am sorry but not really= FACT

I express sincere opinion to everyone whether you are the site owner are not= FACT

I will accept whatever infractions come to me becuz I believe in government=FACT

I love the Chiefs and will till i die no matter what i say and sometimes I need to blow some steam by taking it out on my fellow Chiefs fans opinions= FACT

Coach is an FN idiot for having faith in Haley?............................................ ....

I'd say that was a fact for ANYONE who still had faith in the guy. He's made nothing but one disastrous decision after the other since he's been here. Just because they're leading us to the Kool Aid, doesn't mean we have to drink. Anyone with elementary football knowledge could see the (at best) questionable decisions being made since Pioli was hired... let alone Todd Haley.

Sn@keIze
11-10-2009, 03:24 AM
I'd say that was a fact for ANYONE who still had faith in the guy. He's made nothing but one disastrous decision after the other since he's been here. Just because they're leading us to the Kool Aid, doesn't mean we have to drink. Anyone with elementary football knowledge could see the (at best) questionable decisions being made since Pioli was hired... let alone Todd Haley.
Thank you.

Speakn of decisions. WTF was he thinkn firin Gailey in 3 weeks into the preseason?

There were at least 3 other teams that did that tho this season(fire OC). Will someone please tell me how they are fairing?

You are a head coach! While the offense is off the field you need to be in their face(like Saunders)!

As a head Coach you dont have that luxury. you need to be worryng bout D. But Haley dont/wont becuz Haley is an offensive guy.

texaschief
11-10-2009, 04:17 AM
You can go to just about any other Chiefs board across the net and see damn near half of the members calling for Haley's head.

It's one thing to allow a couple mistakes for a rookie head coach. It's quite another when you look at EVERY SINGLE meaningful decision the guy has made and you have to seriously debate whether or not the decision has benefitted the team.

I'm still waiting for someone to show me a decision the guy has made that has proven to be an AVERAGE to ABOVE AVERAGE or God forbid... GOOD decision. You have to look long and hard for something Todd Haley has done since his hiring that has benefitted the Kansas City Chiefs.

chief31
11-10-2009, 07:30 AM
I can't believe Neil Smith went to Denver.

I am still pretty salty about Rich Gannon.

But, since those players are no longer kicking a55 with other teams, I don't get reminded of it by Sportscenter as often. :D

So, you think in one year's time that he changed his attitude altogether and decided he wanted to stay even though he was STILL without a long-term deal? :pointlaugh:

Whatever you say, hoss.

Yeah. You're probably right. Noone has ever been mad and then gotten over it before.....:lol:

I like Mike Brown. Living in Illinois, I have seen more of him than players from other teams. And I know what a monster he can be.

But all of the excuses that work for him are every bit as valid for Pollard, while he was here.

So, is there any chance that maybe Pollard wasn't all that terrible after all?

yashi
11-10-2009, 07:56 AM
Everyone's entitled to their opinion, it doesn't make them F'ing idiots. I think Haley sucks and hasn't done anything right thus far too, but I'm not going to call Coach an idiot for believing in him. :/

Canada
11-10-2009, 08:00 AM
I think Coach is an idiot....but for totally other reasons!! :)

Bike
11-10-2009, 10:42 AM
If you've read any of my other posts, you'd realize I for one don't blame JUST Mike Brown. It's not ALL his fault. I believe he's playing to his capacity. It's OTHER people's fault that he's being put in the situations he's in. He shouldn't be a starter in the first place.
We do have the leagues 30th ranked defense. Not just Mike Brown.

I sincerely hope your right Coach. I would be very happy to see Haley and Pioli turn things around.
If not Haley - at least Pioli. Haleys game planning/in-game management has got to show some kind of improvement the remainder of this season. Firing Gailey along with a number of other poor decisions is head-scratching to say the least.

[/quote=kilobytes;165394]LJ still has 2 years left in the tank. With descent O line he will do pretty good. He really hasn't lost too much yet.[/quote]
Yeah. Right.

Your an FN idiot.
What are you - 10? Be a man and express your opinions as such. This can be done w/o calling people idiots.

Haley is new as a hc, but not new to the game. If Charles is your guy, get him the ball.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, it doesn't make them F'ing idiots. I think Haley sucks and hasn't done anything right thus far too, but I'm not going to call Coach an idiot for believing in him. :/
Agreed. Snake calls coach an idiot for having faith in Haley - Saphojunkie calls me an idiot for not having faith in Haley. Hard to believe that grown men can't discuss their feelings on this team w/o resorting to playground behavior. Grow up.

Canada
11-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Shut up you stupid baby!!

Bike
11-10-2009, 11:52 AM
Shut up you stupid baby!!
WWWWAAAAAAAAA!!!!!:yahoo:

OPLookn
11-10-2009, 12:21 PM
If I get an NFL sized paycheck definitely count me in...I can run up to the line and fall down for 2.7 yards per carry. Oh...and let's make sure we run the ball on every 1st down.

SAPHOJUNKIE
11-10-2009, 01:51 PM
You can go to just about any other Chiefs board across the net and see damn near half of the members calling for Haley's head.

It's one thing to allow a couple mistakes for a rookie head coach. It's quite another when you look at EVERY SINGLE meaningful decision the guy has made and you have to seriously debate whether or not the decision has benefitted the team.

I'm still waiting for someone to show me a decision the guy has made that has proven to be an AVERAGE to ABOVE AVERAGE or God forbid... GOOD decision. You have to look long and hard for something Todd Haley has done since his hiring that has benefitted the Kansas City Chiefs.

Yeah, let's all ignore Chris Chambers TWO touchdowns after picking him up off waivers.

because that would go against the retarded argument that Haley and Pioli have made nothing but bad personnel decisions.

How about Haley's decision to make conditioning a priority for the team? i'm pretty sure the chiefs aren't falling apart at the end of games, but actually playing better as games go on, which is a 100% reversal from last year.

I also like the decision to limit the passing game somewhat. For having the worst offensive line in history, at least he's doing what he can schematically to protect Matt Cassel. Cassel's body and psyche haven't taken too bad of a beating. How many interceptions does he have on the year?

Why don't you check THAT against the other teams who fired their OC before the season.

How about moving Tamba Hali to outside linebacker, which has probably saved his floundering career.

How about getting Dorsey to shed a ton of weight, and it has ALSO saved a young first rounder from pissing away his talent to laziness.

When Haley came in, at his FIRST press conference, he said that he wanted players who wanted to be in Kansas City. There might be guys who get cut or traded that I miss, but I know that a ton of the players staying are buying into the system.

Look, Haley has made mistakes. Yes. NEWS FLASH, every coach, especially in their first HALF A SEASON, has made mistakes. He admitted to making mistakes in his press conference.

Have you all forgotten already?

Last year, Herm would have blamed a million other things for losing. Anything but himself.

Haley blamed himself yesterday at the press conference. He said that his job is to win with this team, and he is not doing it. He held himself accountable.

frankly, anyone who admits their mistakes is worth keeping around. Why not give them one season? ONE SEASON.

Seriously.

SAPHOJUNKIE
11-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Agreed. Snake calls coach an idiot for having faith in Haley - Saphojunkie calls me an idiot for not having faith in Haley. Hard to believe that grown men can't discuss their feelings on this team w/o resorting to playground behavior. Grow up.

I don't care if you don't have faith in Haley. That doesn't make you an idiot.

Anyone calling for him to get fired is, however, quite simply an idiot.

It is idiotic. Stupid. Ridiculous. Moronic. Impish, impetuous, impulsive, and flat-out dumb.

Would you cut a first round draft pick for dropping a pass? what if he had just a horrible rookie season? Of course not.

People get better at their jobs, they improve. The key is whether or not they are taking those steps to improve.

How many times have you seen a coach get hired, then fired way too soon. Everywhere across the league, people say "why did you hire him, if you're only going to give him one year to turn around a terrible franchise?"

Seriously. Did no one else watch last year? Did no one see that we were the worst Chiefs team possibly ever?

What, exactly, do you want?

What do you want? Please explain. do you want Haley fired this week? Today? Right now?

Okay. He's fired.

Who's going to coach now?

Who are you, in your infinite genius, going to to hire right now?

I'm sure it will be someone who can seamlessly take over, manage to get the offensive line to suddenly be incredible, get Derrick Johnson to finally live up to his draft status, and win games. I'm sure that guy is out there somewhere, just sitting in an arm chair waiting by the phone.

Stumplifter
11-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Yeah, let's all ignore Chris Chambers TWO touchdowns after picking him up off waivers.

because that would go against the retarded argument that Haley and Pioli have made nothing but bad personnel decisions.

How about Haley's decision to make conditioning a priority for the team? i'm pretty sure the chiefs aren't falling apart at the end of games, but actually playing better as games go on, which is a 100% reversal from last year.

I also like the decision to limit the passing game somewhat. For having the worst offensive line in history, at least he's doing what he can schematically to protect Matt Cassel. Cassel's body and psyche haven't taken too bad of a beating. How many interceptions does he have on the year?

Why don't you check THAT against the other teams who fired their OC before the season.

How about moving Tamba Hali to outside linebacker, which has probably saved his floundering career.

How about getting Dorsey to shed a ton of weight, and it has ALSO saved a young first rounder from pissing away his talent to laziness.

When Haley came in, at his FIRST press conference, he said that he wanted players who wanted to be in Kansas City. There might be guys who get cut or traded that I miss, but I know that a ton of the players staying are buying into the system.

Look, Haley has made mistakes. Yes. NEWS FLASH, every coach, especially in their first HALF A SEASON, has made mistakes. He admitted to making mistakes in his press conference.

Last year, Herm would have blamed a million other things for losing. Anything but himself.

Haley blamed himself yesterday at the press conference. He said that his job is to win with this team, and he is not doing it. He held himself accountable.

frankly, anyone who admits their mistakes is worth keeping around. Why not give them one season? ONE SEASON.

Seriously.

I hear ya.

I'm one of the first to belly-ache about Haley's 'bad' decisions, but I am all for the notion that we give the new 'management team' a season or so to turn things around.
Sometimes we tend to forgot just how bad we really were when they took over. I think the fan base is so impatient after years of wallowing at the bottom of the league that we tend to get 'too critical, too fast'.

SAPHOJUNKIE
11-10-2009, 02:03 PM
oh and i love how it was all haley's decision to get rid of pollard. I'm sure pioli hired him, then laid down and took a 40 week nap.

*wakes up* "uh...what...what happened? pollard? oh, um...ok. I'm going back to bed. let me know if you cut LJ, too."

this is all so ridiculous

matthewschiefs
11-10-2009, 02:04 PM

Seriously.

I for the most part agree with this post. Yes Haley has made a few mistakes I have never said that he didn't. But he does admit to thoses mistakes and will work to cut these mistakes out.

It all goes to talent. Right now the teams that the Chiefs are playing have more talent then the Chiefs do. Thats one of the biggest reasons that the Chiefs are loseing games right now. I have not seen anything That stood out to me as something that has cost the Chiefs a game that Haley has made. The fact is the Chiefs were not going to go anywere this season no matter who was there OC or head coach. Thats why I have been so easy on him for this season. This is the best time to have a coach that is learning the job like Haley is.

Pioli is doing the best that he can right now. Again i will say its not like the Chiefs could go to every team say these are the players we want and they got those players. It will take time for the Chiefs to be a contender for the superbowl. Thats just a fact that we are all going to have to get use to.

I do think that the chiefs should show a big IMPROVEMENT next season. They should be winning games and competive in every game. If not i will be just as hard on both Haley and pioli as some are now. But I will give them this season to get the feet wet and to find out what this team needs.

SAPHOJUNKIE
11-10-2009, 06:18 PM
I do think that the chiefs should show a big IMPROVEMENT next season. They should be winning games and competive in every game. If not i will be just as hard on both Haley and pioli as some are now. But I will give them this season to get the feet wet and to find out what this team needs.

Really it comes down to the draft for me. We have to get lucky. Have to. We need one of the later picks to pan out. Something like a fourth rounder who becomes the league leader in sacks. Only this time we don't trade him away.

I also am losing faith in Branden Albert as a left tackle. I love the kid, but I just don't think he has the full package that you want at left tackle. that's fine. i'd love to see us take a franchise tackle with our first rounder (which could easily be in the top five again). it's not like having an all-world right guard is bad. Will Shields, anyone?

it all comes down to offensive line for me. What offensive tackle were we going to take? Andre Smith? Michael Oher? Who? Who at #3? Monroe?

We need a huge offseason for offensive line. i wouldn't be sad at all to see us get dez bryant and then draft two o-line players with our second rounders.

Sn@keIze
11-11-2009, 01:45 AM
What are you - 10? Be a man and express your opinions as such. This can be done w/o calling people idiots.

. Hard to believe that grown men can't discuss their feelings on this team w/o resorting to playground behavior. Grow up.
your right.

i shouldnt have said that.

Im not making excuses. I just get so work up and dont take Chiefs being a doormat so well. I get sick of people saying "We knew this was gonna be a rough year" over and over every year.

I apologize to Coach.

And i find it amazing he really didnt infract me or anything (unless he simply hasnt read post yet) which says a lot about him.

chief31
11-13-2009, 08:38 AM
Everything is bigger in texas, including the exaggeration.

PRO BOWL CALIBER SEASON? He has had two interceptions ALL YEAR. He had one really good game. You honestly think he is one of the 3 best safeties in the AFC? Because that's what it means to go to the probowl, in case you weren't aware.

Well, let's have a look around the conference, shall we?

Player ..........Team .......TPG PDef Int Sack FF

Pollard ..........Texans..... 7.0 ...3 ...2 ...0 ...1

Bullitt ............Colts .......4.4 ...0 ...0 ...0 ...1
Alexander ......Jags ........4.0 ...1 ...1 ....0 ...1
Hope ............Titans ......6.0 ...4 ...2 ....1 ...0
Hill ...............Broncos ....4.0 ...2 ...1 ....1 ...1
Brown ...........Chiefs ......5.9 ...0 ...0 ....1 ...0
Branch ..........Raiders .....7.4 ...4 ...0 ....0 ...1
Gregorey .......Chargers ...4.1 ...3 ...1 ....2 ...0
Landry ..........Ravens .....4.5 ...4 ...2 ....0 ...0
Ndukwe .........Bengals ....4.4 ...2 ...0 .(1.5)...0
Elam .............Browns .....6.5 ...0 ...0 ....1 ...0

Polamalu ........Steelers ...4.8 ...7 ...3 ....0 ...0

Wilson ...........Bills .........4.4 ...2 ...2 ....2 ...1
Bell ...............Dolphins ...7.1 ...1 ...0 .(1.5)...0
Meriweather ...Patriots ....5.4 ...5 ...2 ....0 ...1 (1 TD)
Leonhard .......Jets .........4.5 ...3 ...1 .(.5) ...0

Pollard's rank, amongst these other fifteen starters, looks like this...

TPG - 3rd (-0.4 from 1st)
INTs - 2nd (-1 from 1st)
FF - 1st
PDef - 6th (-2 from 2nd)
Sacks - 10th (-2 from 1st)

Yes. At this point, I would say that he definitely has to be considered for the starting SS position.

And those two INTs were both against Peyton Manning. Just a little side note.

Or, to look at it another way...

The starting SS, (Adrian Wilson of The Cardinals) for the NFC in the 2009 Pro Bowl posted these numbers...

TPG - 5.0, INTs - 2, PDef - 5, Sacks - 2.5, FF - 2
If Pollard plays at the same pace for the rest of the season, his numbers would be (Averaged)...

TPG - 7.0, INTs - 4.7, PDef - 7, Sacks - 0, FF - 2.3

So, looking at it that way, Pollards averaging better numbers than last season's NFC starting Pro Bowl SS in every catergory except for Sacks.

That makes the term "Pro Bowl Caliber" seem pretty appropriate to me.

I don't think that this is an exaggeration. And certainly not worthy of being considered a "Texas-sized" exaggeration.

* TPG = Tackles Per Game
* FF = Forced Fumbles
* INT = Interceptions
* PDef = Passes Deflected

Eydugstr
11-13-2009, 10:39 AM

INTs - 2nd (-1 from 1st)
FF - 1st
PDef - 6th (-2 from 2nd)

Yes. At this point, I would say that he definitely has to be considered for the starting SS position.

TY for posting this. Pollard might not be the next Ronnie Lott, but judging by how he's doing now, maybe he's working with coaches that are able to get him playing at a higher level.

pbatrucker
11-13-2009, 01:40 PM
TY for posting this. Pollard might not be the next Ronnie Lott, but judging by how he's doing now, maybe he's working with coaches that are able to get him playing at a higher level.
[ey ha/left]
Could it be he's playing for a half way descent D coordinator. I pray they have someone in mind to replace Pendegrast next year.

Sn@keIze
11-13-2009, 05:39 PM
Well, let's have a look around the conference, shall we?

Player ..........Team .......TPG PDef Int Sack FF

Pollard ..........Texans..... 7.0 ...3 ...2 ...0 ...1

Bullitt ............Colts .......4.4 ...0 ...0 ...0 ...1
Alexander ......Jags ........4.0 ...1 ...1 ....0 ...1
Hope ............Titans ......6.0 ...4 ...2 ....1 ...0
Hill ...............Broncos ....4.0 ...2 ...1 ....1 ...1
Brown ...........Chiefs ......5.9 ...0 ...0 ....1 ...0
Branch ..........Raiders .....7.4 ...4 ...0 ....0 ...1
Gregorey .......Chargers ...4.1 ...3 ...1 ....2 ...0
Landry ..........Ravens .....4.5 ...4 ...2 ....0 ...0
Ndukwe .........Bengals ....4.4 ...2 ...0 .(1.5)...0
Elam .............Browns .....6.5 ...0 ...0 ....1 ...0

Polamalu ........Steelers ...4.8 ...7 ...3 ....0 ...0

Wilson ...........Bills .........4.4 ...2 ...2 ....2 ...1
Bell ...............Dolphins ...7.1 ...1 ...0 .(1.5)...0
Meriweather ...Patriots ....5.4 ...5 ...2 ....0 ...1 (1 TD)
Leonhard .......Jets .........4.5 ...3 ...1 .(.5) ...0

INTs - 2nd (-1 from 1st)
FF - 1st
PDef - 6th (-2 from 2nd)

Or, to look at it another way...

The starting SS, (Adrian Wilson of The Cardinals) for the NFC in the 2009 Pro Bowl posted these numbers...

TPG - 5.0, INTs - 2, PDef - 5, Sacks - 2.5, FF - 2
If Pollard plays at the same pace for the rest of the season, his numbers would be (Averaged)...

TPG - 7.0, INTs - 4.7, PDef - 7, Sacks - 0, FF - 2.3

So, looking at it that way, Pollards averaging better numbers than last season's NFC starting Pro Bowl SS in every catergory except for Sacks.

That makes the term "Pro Bowl Caliber" seem pretty appropriate to me.

I don't think that this is an exaggeration. And certainly not worthy of being considered a "Texas-sized" exaggeration.

* TPG = Tackles Per Game
* FF = Forced Fumbles
* INT = Interceptions
* PDef = Passes Deflected

This is an excellent post! Thanks for the stats Chiefs31. Cant argue with the facts.

Chiefster
11-14-2009, 12:17 AM
I hate rebuilding decades. :(

CapitalT
11-14-2009, 08:32 PM
He's not a chief anymore *sigh* so let's move on.

Sn@keIze
11-14-2009, 10:33 PM
But the ones who decided to let him go are still here. Managing the team.

Coach
11-14-2009, 11:27 PM

3 pt play!!!!!!!!!! After official review, your foot was on the line. We know you have nothing better to do. +2

Seriously.

Nice post. I sometimes think that people expected Pioli/Haley to fly in with their Superman capes on and finish 16-0. I've said many times that I felt the firing the Chan Gailey right before the season started was a major boneheaded mistake. Especially by a Rookie Head Coach!!!

Haley/Pioli have made mistakes, but I still have faith in them to turn this team around. I watch them bring in guys every week to try to make this team better. I like it. I see them working on getting better every week. That's what I ask for as a fan.

Would I take Haley over Edwards? Yes I would.
Would I take Pioli over Peterson? Yes I would. Peterson did a lot of positive things during his time with the Chiefs, but it was time for a change.

Give these guys time to pick up the pieces.

None of us are in the locker room, so we don't know everything that goes into making the decision to release guys like Pollard. I think it's important to have faith in your leader to make the right decisions.

As fans, it's also our right to 2nd guess decisions being made. I get that. I just think that without complete information, that it's unfair to say that Haley made a poor decision to release Pollard just because he is having success on another team.

:bananen_smilies046:

chief31
11-15-2009, 03:11 AM
3 pt play!!!!!!!!!! After official review, your foot was on the line. We know you have nothing better to do. +2

Nice post. I sometimes think that people expected Pioli/Haley to fly in with their Superman capes on and finish 16-0. I've said many times that I felt the firing the Chan Gailey right before the season started was a major boneheaded mistake. Especially by a Rookie Head Coach!!!

Haley/Pioli have made mistakes, but I still have faith in them to turn this team around. I watch them bring in guys every week to try to make this team better. I like it. I see them working on getting better every week. That's what I ask for as a fan.

Would I take Haley over Edwards? Yes I would.
Would I take Pioli over Peterson? Yes I would. Peterson did a lot of positive things during his time with the Chiefs, but it was time for a change.

Give these guys time to pick up the pieces.

None of us are in the locker room, so we don't know everything that goes into making the decision to release guys like Pollard. I think it's important to have faith in your leader to make the right decisions.

As fans, it's also our right to 2nd guess decisions being made. I get that. I just think that without complete information, that it's unfair to say that Haley made a poor decision to release Pollard just because he is having success on another team.

Good post. I agree...for the most part.

But it isn't just releasing Pollard. It's booting McIntosh without a suitable replacement. It's removing the OC. It's benching DJ. It's releasing LJ (For some). It's the Brian Waters situation. The Bowe escapade. Tank Tyler. Tyler Thigpen.

There have been a couple decisions that I liked. Goff, Zach Thomas, and Chambers. (regardless of the success rate, those were positive efforts.)

But the quantity of decisions that seem to have been based on a failure/unwillingness to coach the existing players vastly overshadows the positive attempts to improve this team in my eyes.

As far as having faith... I don't really do faith. I have to have seen you do it, to trust that you can do it. Otherwise, I stick with hope.

Sn@keIze
11-15-2009, 04:05 AM
Yes, we do tend to spend an inordinate amount of time discussing him.
This really isnt about Pollard.
Kansas City Chiefs Forums - View Single Post - Pollard (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showpost.php?p=165128&postcount=43)

This really isnt about Pollard
Kansas City Chiefs Forums - View Single Post - Pollard (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showpost.php?p=165128&postcount=43)

Pollard didn't play well last year for us, Hence the reason why he was cut.

But please whine to your hearts content...Didnt play well? You mean he was cut because he led this team in tackles? OK..

He's not a chief anymore *sigh* so let's move on.This really isnt about Pollard.

Chiefster
11-15-2009, 03:07 PM
Good post. I agree...for the most part.

But it isn't just releasing Pollard. It's booting McIntosh without a suitable replacement. It's removing the OC. It's benching DJ. It's releasing LJ (For some). It's the Brian Waters situation. The Bowe escapade. Tank Tyler. Tyler Thigpen.

There have been a couple decisions that I liked. Goff, Zach Thomas, and Chambers. (regardless of the success rate, those were positive efforts.)

But the quantity of decisions that seem to have been based on a failure/unwillingness to coach the existing players vastly overshadows the positive attempts to improve this team in my eyes.

As far as having faith... I don't really do faith. I have to have seen you do it, to trust that you can do it. Otherwise, I stick with hope.

Can you really have hope without faith???

Just askin. :D

Coach
11-15-2009, 09:41 PM
Pollard had zero tackles this week.:D

Sn@keIze
11-16-2009, 01:24 AM
Matt Schaub and andre johnson didnt get me any points either. I knew i shouldnt have started him

Canada
11-16-2009, 07:37 AM
Mike Brown got an INT...

josh1971
11-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Mike Brown got an INT...

Two, actually... :D

hometeam
11-16-2009, 03:42 PM
I could've caught that bobbled ball~

josh1971
11-16-2009, 05:36 PM
I could've caught that bobbled ball~

Brandon Flowers didn't.

Chiefster
11-16-2009, 05:39 PM
Brandon Flowers didn't.

True dat!

texaschief
11-17-2009, 02:01 AM
Nice post. I sometimes think that people expected Pioli/Haley to fly in with their Superman capes on and finish 16-0.

It's pretty tough for "people" not to expect that when one of those "people" was Todd Haley himself. He made his bed with his arrogance and now he has to lie in it.

Sorry I haven't been around in a while. School is getting intense toward the end of the year and my band is takin off a little bit.

WE WON THOUGH!!!! I'm pretty excited about that... although, I've gotta admit, I was a little conflicted about who I was going for. Beating the Raiders is ALWAYS awesome, but a loss to the Raiders would've sealed Haley's fate. I guess a win against the Raiders is ok. Haley still has chances to fall on his face again with the Browns left on the schedule. That's pretty much the only game left on the schedule that's even close to being a winnable game.

Pittsburgh- :sign0053:
@SD- :sign0053:
Denver- :sign0053:
Buffalo- :sign0053: (Sorry Canada)
Cleveland- :yahoo:
@Cinci- :sign0053:
@Denver- :sign0053:

A loss to Cleveland at home should DEFINITELY have this guy gone next season. But if he somehow pulls this one out, is a 1 win improvement over last season combined with all the baggage his coaching style brings really worth keeping around?

In my honest opinion, his introductory comments as the new head coach and his arrogance as a coach in general set standards for himself that his abilities just couldn't live up to.

I heard he screamed at not just his players now, but his favorite assistant coaches. From what I read about his behavior on the sidelines from this past WIN, was yet another black eye on his potential and abilities as a leader.

Then he turns right around and says this was the "most efficient games his assistant coaches have coached all season." He was a couple Heyward-Bey drops away from another final drive loss to the Raiders.

I'm still waiting to see a convincing argument why we SHOULD be willing to give this guy another year. Again, I can understand a couple rookie HC mistakes, but the negatives outweigh the positives and that shouldn't be the case for ANY coach.

My biggest issue with the guy is that he still refuses to put his best talent on the field. His unwillingness to commit to Charles as the #1 RB is ridiculous. This notion that he's not "big or sturdy" enough to be a 3 down back in the NFL is absurd!!

Jamaal Charles- 5'11, 204lbs 22 years 1 fumble lost

Top 5 NFL RUSHERS
Chris Johnson5'11, 200lbs 24yo 2 fumbles lost ,SLOWER THAN CHARLES
Adrian Peterson6'1, 217lbs 24yo 5 fumbles lost, SLOWER THAN CHARLES
Steven Jackson6'2, 236lbs 26yo 3 fumbles lost, SLOWER THAN CHARLES
Maurice Jones-Drew5'7, 208lbs 24yo 2 fumbles lost, SLOWER THAN CHARLES
DeAngelo Williams5'9, 217lbs 27yo 4 fumbles lost, SLOWER THAN CHARLES

Other starters Charles compares to:
Thomas Jones 5'11 210
Ray Rice 5'10 208
Ahmad Bradshaw 5'9 196
LeShaun McCoy 5'8 195
Joseph Addai 5'10 206
Julius Jones 5'10 208
Donald Brown 5'10 209

I'm not going to sit here and pretend like he's the "prototypical" 5'11 215 RB that every team wants. But it's not like he's trying to play at 5'9 185 or something. 10lbs isn't going to make THAT big of a difference. You're going to be hard pressed to find ANY RB who can run faster than him, let alone one his size. He NEVER had fumbling issues at Texas... or at any point before now as a pro. I'm not sure what it's attributed to. But the guy is SOLID as a RB and ABSOLUTELY SHOULD BE the #1 RB for this team. ESPECIALLY after he earned "player of the week" honors from ESPN after his FIRST real opportunity as a starter.

True, this start was against the Raiders, but the guy IS averaging 5.3 yards per rush and 7.3 per reception. Among the top 10 rushers in the league 5.3 per rush attempt is good enough for 2nd BEST behind just Chris Johnson at 6.4.

Keeping DJ on the bench is inexcusable as well. Williams IS NOT better than DJ... hell, even HERM knew that. ZACH THOMAS knew how good DJ was going to be in this system. It's the same system he was dominating in at UT. This is just so dumb.

31 is right. This thread isn't really about Pollard. It's just one of the most prime examples of Haley's ineptitude as a head coach... the Gailey thing and the DJ thing still have to be #1 and #2 imo though.

texaschief
11-17-2009, 02:04 AM

Don't get too excited... Brown only had 1.

Canada
11-17-2009, 01:18 PM
Don't get too excited... Brown only had 1.

And 2 INTs...but that wouldnt help your argument. Sorry we dont suck enought for you.

shaver
11-17-2009, 04:39 PM
I didn't read through the mumbo jumbo. But it cracks me up. His "coverage" had nothing to do with why he's in Houston now.

Vandelay
11-17-2009, 04:41 PM
I didn't read through the mumbo jumbo. But it cracks me up. His "coverage" had nothing to do with why he's in Houston now.
If you don't like to read mumbo jumbo, this site might not be for you... jk, welcome.:bananen_smilies046:

shaver
11-17-2009, 04:43 PM
If you don't like to read mumbo jumbo, this site might not be for you... jk, welcome.:bananen_smilies046:

Thank you. I'm more of a "lurker" with the forum. Don't get used to me speaking out. Could start some trouble.

texaschief
11-17-2009, 06:27 PM
And 2 INTs...but that wouldnt help your argument. Sorry we dont suck enought for you.

:lamende:

Canada
11-17-2009, 07:13 PM
:lamende:

No...:lamende: is when you spout your man love for Pollard and bash his replacement, but then when the roles are reversed you just sit back and bash the team. When Poolard gets two INT with Hou...the sky is falling and the Chiefs made the worst decision ever, new week Brown gets two INTs and a smilie that says :lamende: is the best response you can come up with.

Fubbalo just fired their coach and can't move the football to save their lives, but we don't stand a chance.

Denver just lost to WSH, but we don't stand a chance.

I won't go on because I have too many good things to say about the Chiefs!!:bananen_smilies046:

texaschief
11-17-2009, 07:51 PM
No...:lamende: is when you spout your man love for Pollard and bash his replacement, but then when the roles are reversed you just sit back and bash the team. When Poolard gets two INT with Hou...the sky is falling and the Chiefs made the worst decision ever, new week Brown gets two INTs and a smilie that says :lamende: is the best response you can come up with.

Fubbalo just fired their coach and can't move the football to save their lives, but we don't stand a chance.

Denver just lost to WSH, but we don't stand a chance.

I won't go on because I have too many good things to say about the Chiefs!!:bananen_smilies046:

Brown happened to be in the right place at the right time when bad throws were tipped in the air by bad receivers. Pollard stepped in front of Peyton Manning and EARNED both of his INTs... I know... I watched that game. In fact, Pollard didn't pick off Manning twice like everyone thinks he did. He recovered to make a great INT on a WR end around pass by Reggie Wayne for his second INT.

Mike Brown on the other hand... was WATCHING a play and accidentally ended up with the ball. Buddy, EVEN YOU would've made those catches if you were tailgating with a plate of BBQ in your hand, a beer in the other and a beer helmet on your head... and you think Brown had some spectacular game where he just dominated the secondary?

Come on. Your football knowledge is better than that.

As far as Buffalo is concerned, you're right, they're imploding... but they're still better than the Chiefs. I'm curious to know why you think our 2 wins over Oak and Wsh should be held in higher esteem than their 3 wins over TB, NYJ, and Car. It's not like the Chiefs are actually getting better. Hell, they almost lost AGAIN to the Raiders the SAME EXACT WAY they lost to them in KC.

I know you like to attack the guys who talk about the dim spots on the team. I get it. You've done it for the 4 years I've been on here. It's probably time I was on the receiving end... I want you to know it's ok. Even though you're close to making this thing personal, I know who you are and how frustrated you get.

You're still my boy, Blue!!

matthewschiefs
11-17-2009, 07:57 PM
Brown happened to be in the right place at the right time when bad throws were tipped in the air by bad receivers. Pollard stepped in front of Peyton Manning and EARNED both of his INTs... I know... I watched that game. In fact, Pollard didn't pick off Manning twice like everyone thinks he did. He recovered to make a great INT on a WR end around pass by Reggie Wayne for his second INT.

Mike Brown on the other hand... was WATCHING a play and accidentally ended up with the ball. Buddy, EVEN YOU would've made those catches if you were tailgating with a plate of BBQ in your hand, a beer in the other and a beer helmet on your head... and you think Brown had some spectacular game where he just dominated the secondary?

As far as Buffalo is concerned, you're right, they're imploding... but they're still better than the Chiefs. I'm curious to know why you think our 2 wins over Oak and Wsh should be held in higher esteem than their 3 wins over TB, NYJ, and Car. It's not like the Chiefs are actually getting better. Hell, they almost lost AGAIN to the Raiders the SAME EXACT WAY they lost to them in KC.

I know you like to attack the guys who talk about the dim spots on the team. I get it. You've done it for the 4 years I've been on here. It's probably time I was on the receiving end... I want you to know it's ok. Even though you're close to making this thing personal, I know who you are and how frustrated you get.

Realy did you watch the raider game sunday. The raiders were the team that lost the same way the chiefs lost. It was the Raiders that would get big plays only to have them called back by penalties. They had probley close to the amount of penalties the chiefs had at the arrowhead game.

Simply put you cant compare the stats of pollard and brown. Pollard is on a better team and surrounded by a all around more tallented D.

The Chiefs have shown signs of improvenment. I dont rember the last time you could say that the Chiefs were 2-2 in a 4 game strech. Ugly wins yes. But they are still wins. Buffalo and clevend are 2 games that the chiefs should win. That would give them 4 wins, if that happens then even you would have to admit the chiefs have improved.

Canada
11-17-2009, 08:04 PM

The difference is, I am giving us a chance in every one of those games. I am not counting us out for every game for the rest of the season. I do think the Chiefs are getting better, seems like we have actually moved the ball a few times and we have been in a lot of games this year. My point was not that we have any guaranteed wins this year, but you make every game out to be a guanteed loss for the rest of the year.

As far as the Pollard V Brown discussion, its another case of making excuses for one guy and not the other. 2 weeks ago Pollard had 2 INTs and the Chiefs made the biggest mistake ever, not Brown gets 2 INTs and not one person said he had a good game. In fact you go as far as to say that anyone in the parking lot could have made that play. I guess if u r gonna discredit any good play he makes then he will never be good.

I don't really want to discuss the Chiefs on here anymore since my point of view is just "attacking" I will go back to skimming your post and not commenting on them. sorry if u felt it was personal.

greg3564
11-17-2009, 08:24 PM
Wow, 12 pages regarding Pollard. Miracles never cease. :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
11-17-2009, 08:37 PM
Canada, you're point of view is as valid as anyone's. :bananen_smilies046:

josh1971
11-17-2009, 08:40 PM
As far as the Pollard V Brown discussion, its another case of making excuses for one guy and not the other. 2 weeks ago Pollard had 2 INTs and the Chiefs made the biggest mistake ever, not Brown gets 2 INTs and not one person said he had a good game. In fact you go as far as to say that anyone in the parking lot could have made that play. I guess if u r gonna discredit any good play he makes then he will never be good.

Actually, I've been kind of Mike Brown's cheerleader on here of late. I have even taken some gratuitous abuse for it :D The ultimate answer at safety? No- but he's also not the villain of the team like some make him out to be.

And again, I point out one thing about at least one of his interceptions- Brown made the interception because Flowers *didn't* hang onto it.

So, to you there in Canada... :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
11-17-2009, 08:50 PM
Actually, I've been kind of Mike Brown's cheerleader on here of late. I have even taken some gratuitous abuse for it :D The ultimate answer at safety? No- but he's also not the villain of the team like some make him out to be.

And again, I point out one thing about at least one of his interceptions- Brown made the interception because Flowers *didn't* hang onto it.

So, to you there in Canada... :bananen_smilies046::bananen_smilies046:

Hayvern
11-17-2009, 08:51 PM
Wow, 12 pages regarding Pollard. Miracles never cease. :bananen_smilies046:
Thanks for your contribution!!!

josh1971
11-17-2009, 09:06 PM
Hey- looks like we're drinkin now! Wheeee!
:toast2:

greg3564
11-17-2009, 10:53 PM
We could turn this into a 12+ page drinking fest.

:drunkhb::toast2::bananen_smilies046::rock_dj:

Canada
11-17-2009, 11:44 PM
Im in!!:bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
11-17-2009, 11:47 PM
:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Vandelay
11-18-2009, 12:28 AM
:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
Here you are.:bananen_smilies046: :drunkhb: :toast2: :bananen_smilies046:

chief31
11-19-2009, 05:03 AM

Did you read any of it?

Because I am having alot of trouble finding the part where anyone said that his coverage had nothing to with it.

But I do think that alot of people exaggerate about his "poor" coverage.

Lmao!!! Love "Old School"!

shaver
11-23-2009, 02:21 PM
Did you read any of it?

Because I am having alot of trouble finding the part where anyone said that his coverage had nothing to with it.

But I do think that alot of people exaggerate about his "poor" coverage.

Lmao!!! Love "Old School"!

Oh, I wasn't referencing any specific post, just the fact that his coverage weather good or bad wasn't the reason he's out of KC. It's way easier for that to be the "public" reason though, so we'll jus leave it that way.

I suppose it's not really a secret, but it's not my place to say, especially on a public forum.

Sooooo we'll go with coverage got him cut.

LMAO

hometeam
11-23-2009, 10:40 PM
I would just like to say that Pollard looks great in houston~

Argo
11-23-2009, 10:44 PM
I would just like to say that Pollard looks great in houston~

He´s playing like a beast no doubt... the guy has heart no denying that.

Vandelay
11-23-2009, 10:56 PM
The thread that won't die.