PDA

View Full Version : To little to late jags 24 chiefs 21

matthewschiefs
11-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Anther Sunday anther game the Chiefs showed both there not as bad that they seem and that this is a team that is not going anywere anytime soon. Tackleing is one of the biggest things that cost the Chiefs. Anther is once again the O line did not show up.

I no people are going to be on haley for not useing charles and once again Charles probley ended up with a nice yards per carry but look athe where and when he gets his numbers. 3 rd and long when the Chiefs have a hole to climbe out of. That helps make his numbers look good. The Chiefs dont have the O line to be a good running team thats just the facts.

The D showed once again they are not a terrible D but have a lot of growing up to do. The Chiefs like most the season got the Jags to 3rd and 5 yards plus to go but could not get off the field. That helped to ware them down and slowly but surely MJD ended up getting better and better runs. The Chiefs HAVE to learn how to tackle better. The secoundary also did not show up for this game.

There are some postilves. #91 is one of them. tamba hali. He showed up for this game and had a pretty solid game all around. He did all you can ask. His play gave the Chiefs a chance to win. If everyone played like he did today the Chiefs would have won this game.

Chris Chambers is anther one. Chambers with less then a week to learn the Chiefs offense showed up and scored a couple of TDs for the Chiefs. The more time in the system the better. Maybe he can help the other recivers to open up the passing game more. That in turn will help the running game get going better as well.

Overall this game is a example of the chiefs season so far. They play well enough to get by but dont do all the little things that it takes to win. This team has to learn to win games. At least there in games at the end. That will help to speed up the learning. But for now its just hard for this Chiefs fan to watch

Bring on Oakland and GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!

josh1971
11-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Our Defense needs a couple things- deep coverage, and better coverage in general (Aside from Flowers), and the other thing they need desperately is longer periods of rest!

Honestly, our offense is killing our defense because we can't eat up clock.

And as usual, this goes back to the fact that we can't run block, can't pass block, and can't pick up a blitz. We can't set up screens, throw deep, or bring guys into the box with the threat of our running game. Why?

Well... it could have something to do with the fact that our offensive linemen are wearing the wrong helmets. Here's what they *should* have on:

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/11/5.jpg

greg3564
11-08-2009, 05:13 PM
It's a work in progress and I think the future looks good. Think back to game 1 of this year and even since then we've made progress. That O line is down right terrible. It was down right terrible last season too. I hope they finally address that this off season.

Also, you CANNOT win football games when you only run the ball 14 times. And even then, you can't win by RB by committee when you run it 14 times! How can anyone possibly evaluate our young RB talent when we give it to three different dudes for a combined total of 14 times? That being said, I like what Charles does for us(I know I'm a total homer). He's able to get out in coverage for passing and he's much more explosive of the line than LJ is. But it's a moot point right now because of the horrible O line.

matthewschiefs
11-08-2009, 05:19 PM
It's a work in progress and I think the future looks good. Think back to game 1 of this year and even since then we've made progress. That O line is down right terrible. It was down right terrible last season too. I hope they finally address that this off season.

Also, you CANNOT win football games when you only run the ball 14 times. And even then, you can't win by RB by committee when you run it 14 times! How can anyone possibly evaluate our young RB talent when we give it to three different dudes for a combined total of 14 times? That being said, I like what Charles does for us(I know I'm a total homer). He's able to get out in coverage for passing and he's much more explosive of the line than LJ is. But it's a moot point right now because of the horrible O line.

the O line is the biggest problem on this football team right now. Not Todd Haley IMO. You cant win if you cant run and i think that they need to run more. But Its not going to make a diffrance if the O line is playing like this. You will be in 3rd and long thats were we are at right now anyway. O line o line o line this offseason it has to be fixed.

KCraised
11-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Brown is a huge liability. He looks like a high school player out there!

hometeam
11-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Brown is a huge liability. He looks like a high school player out there!

good thing we kept him and cut that good for nothing *cough* 2 picks 12 tackles *cough* pollard!

Honestly, our safety play is absolutely horrible. D line looked solid, LB's looked solid, CB and S looked anything but.

josh1971
11-08-2009, 11:01 PM
good thing we kept him and cut that good for nothing *cough* 2 picks 12 tackles *cough* pollard!

Honestly, our safety play is absolutely horrible. D line looked solid, LB's looked solid, CB and S looked anything but.

While I agree that the secondary is the weak link with our defense, with our scheme and obvious bad play calling, having Pollard get burnt on long pass plays isn't much different from having our current safeties get burnt on long pass plays.

Has it occurred to the disciples of our lord Pollard that he is prospering in Houston because it was a change of scene, and the scheme there (as well as talent surrounding him) fits him better?

Chiefster
11-09-2009, 12:23 AM
Our Defense needs a couple things- deep coverage, and better coverage in general (Aside from Flowers), and the other thing they need desperately is longer periods of rest!

Honestly, our offense is killing our defense because we can't eat up clock.

And as usual, this goes back to the fact that we can't run block, can't pass block, and can't pick up a blitz. We can't set up screens, throw deep, or bring guys into the box with the threat of our running game. Why?

Well... it could have something to do with the fact that our offensive linemen are wearing the wrong helmets. Here's what they *should* have on:

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/11/5.jpg

:lol:
You've just insulted "special needs" people everywhere.

tornadospotter
11-09-2009, 01:26 AM
You've just insulted "special needs" people everywhere.
It is ok, there being paid well.:D In Clark we trust.

chief31
11-09-2009, 06:31 AM
While I agree that the secondary is the weak link with our defense, with our scheme and obvious bad play calling, having Pollard get burnt on long pass plays isn't much different from having our current safeties get burnt on long pass plays.

Has it occurred to the disciples of our lord Pollard that he is prospering in Houston because it was a change of scene, and the scheme there (as well as talent surrounding him) fits him better?

Whatever you have to tell yourself to remain convinced that you can't be wrong.

Pollard is playing like a champ. And we are left with a defensive backfield that is just full of failure.

And trying to convince someone that the mighty defense of The Texans is just making a crappy player look like a star is just as fail as our current safeties are.

Here's a notion...

Pollard isn't, and never was, half as bad as you have convinced yourself that he is.

Is it at all possible that a couple of bad plays, by a young, poorly coached player, may have gotten under your skin, and made you a bit overly-judgemental of that players talent?

Seems alot more likely than what you're suggesting.

Mike Brown B. Pollard

8 Games 6 Games
47 Tckl 42 tckl
0 Int 2 Int
0 FF 1 FF
0 P Defl 3 P Defl
1 Sack 0 Sack

Mike Brown came here as a well-known big play Safety. Maybe we should compare career numbers for these two...?

honda522
11-09-2009, 11:04 AM
My question is why do we wait till the last 4 mins of the game to try and throw big passes. Looks like Chris Chambers was a much greater add than what I thought he would be.

yashi
11-09-2009, 11:55 AM
My question is why do we wait till the last 4 mins of the game to try and throw big passes. Looks like Chris Chambers was a much greater add than what I thought he would be.

Haley said in his post-game conference that the team always seems to play well when their backs are against the wall, and they need to now find some way to act like their backs are always against the wall.

I think that's key.

Cassel really seems to be afraid to throw a deep ball unless he's down by multiple touchdowns. He needs to have more confidence in Bowe's ability to make a play on a ball, even if it's not thrown perfectly... hell, Bowe seems like he does better when it's not thrown well.

It's good to have a QB that avoids making mistakes, but you have to stretch out the field now and then.

kcvet
11-09-2009, 11:57 AM
they always seem to play dead till the last 3 mins or so. to little to late.

Chiefster
11-09-2009, 12:09 PM
A day late and a dollar short.

Now it's your turn to post the next cliché.

josh1971
11-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Cassel really seems to be afraid to throw a deep ball unless he's down by multiple touchdowns. He needs to have more confidence in Bowe's ability to make a play on a ball, even if it's not thrown perfectly... hell, Bowe seems like he does better when it's not thrown well.

But if Haley's calling the plays, then throwing the deep ball isn't up to Cassel.

I agree with you, though, and with Len Dawson's comment yesterday- you have to throw the deep ball early. It can back off the defense if they know you'll do it, and you might, just *might* break off a big play.

jb

yashi
11-09-2009, 12:24 PM
But if Haley's calling the plays, then throwing the deep ball isn't up to Cassel.

I dunno if that's entirely true but perhaps, depending on the routes. All I know is Aaron Rodgers plays in an offense centered around short passes (west coast), holds the ball too long, and has a terrible OL. All similar to Cassel.

The difference? Dude throws bombs downfield. Surely there is one guy running a deep route on most plays, but we never seem to throw to him. And everytime we finally do (usually too late), the guy is wide open. Lance Long and Charles on a couple plays last week, Chambers yesterday.

We HAVE to stop these 8 yard passes on 3rd and 19, or 5 yard passes on 3rd and 10. I don't recall it ever working all season, and it's such a momentum killer. I'd rather take a shot deep downfield and risk throwing a pick if you have to, but don't complete a pass that isn't for a first down!

Stumplifter
11-09-2009, 12:36 PM
We HAVE to stop these 8 yard passes on 3rd and 19, or 5 yard passes on 3rd and 10. I don't recall it ever working all season, and it's such a momentum killer. I'd rather take a shot deep downfield and risk throwing a pick if you have to, but don't complete a pass that isn't for a first down!

Word!
And then each time it doesn't work the offense trots off the field and the camera zooms in on Haley's face.... he always has his arms crossed and he's scowling at someone!

I particularly got a kick of out Leonard Pope yesterday.... I think it was 3rd and long and he caught a pass for about 2 yards. He jumped up and gave the "1st down" motion...... then realized that he ran a 2 yard route instead of a 12 yard route...... Oy.....C'mon dude.... talk about not being aware of where you are on the field!!!

yashi
11-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Word!
And then each time it doesn't work the offense trots off the field and the camera zooms in on Haley's face.... he always has his arms crossed and he's scowling at someone!

I particularly got a kick of out Leonard Pope yesterday.... I think it was 3rd and long and he caught a pass for about 2 yards. He jumped up and gave the "1st down" motion...... then realized that he ran a 2 yard route instead of a 12 yard route...... Oy.....C'mon dude.... talk about not being aware of where you are on the field!!!

It's funny when our players are celebrating getting back to the original line of scrimmage.

josh1971
11-09-2009, 05:20 PM

It's funny when our players are celebrating getting back to the original line of scrimmage.

That's pretty impressive with this offense.

Facoter
11-09-2009, 06:20 PM
We got crushed. They played easy in the last quarter. If they didn't then we would have maybe goten one TD. But thas it.

Connie Jo
11-11-2009, 10:38 PM
I agree we should attempt to convert 3rd & longs with passes, especially when it's obvious early on that our running game will be short yardages, due to bad O-Line, a tough defense, whatever.

I was impressed by Chambers. I noted the excellent job he did pointing his toes into the turf of the endzone as he stretched to catch the ball for the TD and keep himself in bounds prior to falling out of bounds due to the stretched catch.

I've noted progress since game one, and note progress in some way with each game...though I know it seems too little, and moving slowly...I believe we are inching our way to the top of the mountain. I find I come away from a loss less upset, if I focus more on positive noted progress than negative non change. A cold beer always keeps my focus in positive check, HAHA! :)

Fansincebirth
11-12-2009, 12:02 AM
I agree that Mike Brown is a weak link. I dont think that our corners are doing a bad job in coverage, but their tackling leaves something to be desired.

AussieChiefsFan
11-12-2009, 12:08 AM
Yeah IMO our DBs can cover but can't tackle nearly as well.

Vandelay
11-12-2009, 01:40 AM
Yeah IMO our DBs can cover but can't tackle nearly as well.
YOUR BACK!!!!

AussieChiefsFan
11-12-2009, 02:57 AM
YOUR BACK!!!!
Sure am!!!!