PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Good Read on the Jags Game

Big Daddy Tek
11-08-2009, 06:03 PM
Kansas City Chiefs Insider (http://chiefsinsider.blogspot.com/)

Kind of negative but true

Ryfo18
11-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Jamaal looked good on every run, and they hardly gave him the ball. There is no excuse for that. And the article is absolutely right about airing the ball out. Cassel does miss a lot of long throws, but c'mon. This dink and dunk crap isn't cutting it.

greg3564
11-08-2009, 06:30 PM
I don't understand how we only ran the ball 14 times. I know our O line is horrible, but by running that many times our team turns one dimensional. Charles is exactly the guy you want when an O line isn't very good. He knows how to get into space to catch and is shifty and fast when he runs. But only running 14 times is completely unacceptable. I hope they completely re-tool the O line in the off season. No starting job should be secure. Every one of those guys, and I mean every one, should have to earn their spot up front.

hometeam
11-08-2009, 08:58 PM
We wanted the cardinals offense, we got it.

That means no pounding the ball. Hopefully Haley starts calling better plays, and letting people run a little.

Hayvern
11-08-2009, 11:45 PM
I think they gave up on Charles when he boggled that kick off early in the game. He recovered it, but I think Haley is not going to give him 30 carries a game until he learns to protect the ball better.

Face it, the knock on CHarles right now is his hands.

Seek
11-09-2009, 12:50 PM
I think they gave up on Charles when he boggled that kick off early in the game. He recovered it, but I think Haley is not going to give him 30 carries a game until he learns to protect the ball better.

Face it, the knock on CHarles right now is his hands.

The knock on Charles is the fact that Haley does not know how to call a running play. It is either up the tackles or a screen pass.

Seriously, I am bigger than J. Charles... Run lhim ike an every down back up the middle and he will fumble. J. Charles will never be an everdown back until he gets bigger.

I thought Kobly Smith did very well, but was realistically limited to the amount of touches he could take because of his knee.

yashi
11-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Seriously, I am bigger than J. Charles... Run lhim ike an every down back up the middle and he will fumble. J. Charles will never be an everdown back until he gets bigger.

Chris Johnson.

kilobytes
11-09-2009, 07:30 PM
The knock on Charles is the fact that Haley does not know how to call a running play. It is either up the tackles or a screen pass.

I thought Kobly Smith did very well, but was realistically limited to the amount of touches he could take because of his knee.
Yep.

Seek
11-10-2009, 07:59 AM
Chris Johnson.

I didn't Know J. Charles was Chris Johnson. When did that happpen. Also Chris Johnson is not their every down back either and I don't think he has a fumbling problem.

yashi
11-10-2009, 09:15 AM
I didn't Know J. Charles was Chris Johnson. When did that happpen. Also Chris Johnson is not their every down back either and I don't think he has a fumbling problem.

The NFL's leading rusher and 21 catches, sounds pretty close to an every down back to me. 49 carries in the last 2 weeks.

Charles has 2 fumbles on 96 carries for his career, and 0 this year. This so called fumbling problem he has is overrated. He's fumbled on a couple kickoffs. He wasn't drafted to be a kick returner.

It's cool though. Let's not give the guy who had 6 yards per carry more carries. That makes the most sense. Maybe we should just cut him actually.

Seek
11-11-2009, 04:52 PM
The NFL's leading rusher and 21 catches, sounds pretty close to an every down back to me. 49 carries in the last 2 weeks.

Charles has 2 fumbles on 96 carries for his career, and 0 this year. This so called fumbling problem he has is overrated. He's fumbled on a couple kickoffs. He wasn't drafted to be a kick returner.

It's cool though. Let's not give the guy who had 6 yards per carry more carries. That makes the most sense. Maybe we should just cut him actually.

I am not bashing the guy. I am just saying he can't carry the whole work load. He does not run up the middle. Can't remember the last time I ever saw him run up the middle.

The point I was making is that Charles is now Chris Johnson. Johnson pretty much disguinshed himself immediately in the leauge. We are still waiting on Charles to do anything.

Vandelay
11-11-2009, 04:55 PM
I am not bashing the guy. I am just saying he can't carry the whole work load. He does not run up the middle. Can't remember the last time I ever saw him run up the middle.

The point I was making is that Charles is now Chris Johnson. Johnson pretty much disguinshed himself immediately in the leauge. We are still waiting on Charles to do anything.
We are still waiting on Charles to do something. But he has yet to be given the opportunity.

The few carries he has received he's shown promise.

Seek
11-14-2009, 10:19 AM
We are still waiting on Charles to do something. But he has yet to be given the opportunity.

The few carries he has received he's shown promise.

He has been given plenty of opportunities to make something happen.

yashi
11-14-2009, 10:39 AM
He has been given plenty of opportunities to make something happen.

6 carries for 36 yards.

Seek
11-15-2009, 12:36 PM
6 carries for 36 yards.

That was one game. He has had two seasons and pre-season to show us something.

So far, he has only proved that he can run pitches or runs to the outside. He does not run up the middle for short yards like an every down back is expected to do. Thus is limiting his situtation to run the ball more.

He is no Chris Johnson.

yashi
11-15-2009, 05:01 PM
That was one game. He has had two seasons and pre-season to show us something.

So far, he has only proved that he can run pitches or runs to the outside. He does not run up the middle for short yards like an every down back is expected to do. Thus is limiting his situtation to run the ball more.

He is no Chris Johnson.

Pretty difficult to do that when you're not put in the game in those situations.

Seek
11-16-2009, 11:17 AM
Pretty difficult to do that when you're not put in the game in those situations.

Lj was suspended or inactive for four games last year. Charles has had opportunities before. He never made anything out of them. He did some yesterday.

Yesterday he matched his career high in touches.. He has had opportunities before. The reason he isn't getting those opportunities is because he did nothing with them when had them before.

Vandelay
11-16-2009, 07:36 PM
Lj was suspended or inactive for four games last year. Charles has had opportunities before. He never made anything out of them. He did some yesterday.

Yesterday he matched his career high in touches.. He has had opportunities before. The reason he isn't getting those opportunities is because he did nothing with them when had them before.
I guess our definitions of "opportunity" are different.

yashi
11-16-2009, 08:27 PM

Whatever dude. He did "some" yesterday. That's hilarious. 100 yards and a TD, how often has that happened this season for us?

Apparently an opportunity is when the starter is injured, but you're still not given the ball.

You want to talk doing stuff with opportunities, how about this? Charles has had 100 yard games in every game he's had double digit carries in his career.

Seek
11-16-2009, 09:56 PM
Whatever dude. He did "some" yesterday. That's hilarious. 100 yards and a TD, how often has that happened this season for us?

Apparently an opportunity is when the starter is injured, but you're still not given the ball.

You want to talk doing stuff with opportunities, how about this? Charles has had 100 yard games in every game he's had double digit carries in his career.

I don't think you are even reading my argument. It is not about how pathetic or good Charles is. My argument is that he not a Haley type of running back. J. Charles is not up the middle type of runner. Haley would rather throw a screen pass to get Charles in the open area where he is more effective. Charles is not an every down back. When I say some. He was effective some in the middle yesterday.

He had a good game and I much rather see Charles, and Kolby over Lj. Haley needs to find ways to use Charles.