PDA

View Full Version : LJ Released

UNC/KCChiefs
11-09-2009, 10:33 AM
According to KCCHIEFS.com....LJ was released today.

matthewschiefs
11-09-2009, 10:37 AM
BYE BYE dont let the door hit you in the rear on your way out.

RedJohnson
11-09-2009, 10:43 AM
:yahoo::yahoo::lol::lol::drunkhb::drunkhb::bananen _smilies046::bananen_smilies046::fan_wave2:

sling58
11-09-2009, 10:47 AM
Bout time! He was more trouble than worth. Had a few good years but I am glad he didn't beat out Holmes for the record.

Canada
11-09-2009, 10:47 AM
I saw it on NFL.com breaking news!!

NFL.com - Official Site of the National Football League (http://www.nfl.com/)

:bananen_smilies046:

yashi
11-09-2009, 10:53 AM
See ya, don't let the door hit you on your way out.

KCCAT21
11-09-2009, 10:53 AM
After the loss this weekend, this brought me back to being happy!!! See Ya LJ!!!

hometeam
11-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Only thing bad about it is the salary cap hit next year, that is, as long as we get the CBA done.

honda522
11-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Best move of the decade.

We can win or lose with out LJ. Jamal Charles 6 carries for 36 yards, avg 6 yards a run. Way better than than LJ.

stricken721
11-09-2009, 10:58 AM
A party will now begin with the KC fan base. :yahoo:

kcchiefs4life
11-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Go cause problems in someone else's town....like OAKLAND please!

wildcat
11-09-2009, 11:20 AM
Only thing bad about it is the salary cap hit next year, that is, as long as we get the CBA done.

Actually, I do not think it will have any effect on our cap number for next year. I believe we are off the hook and could have cut him at anytime without consequence, due breach of contract/legal issues.

pbatrucker
11-09-2009, 11:29 AM
I believe the only salary cap hit will be this year.

chiefsfreak4life
11-09-2009, 11:32 AM
Best news on a Monday morning that I have had for awhile!

KCraised
11-09-2009, 11:46 AM
Yeeeesssssssss........

Chiefster
11-09-2009, 11:49 AM
Go cause problems in someone else's town....like OAKLAND please!

Nooooooo! Anywhere but the AFC West.

yashi
11-09-2009, 11:53 AM
I think he only had 250k guaranteed next year anyway.

kcvet
11-09-2009, 11:53 AM
reminds me of Patton. his own mouth is his worst enemy

Vandelay
11-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Goodbye a$$.
Can't wait to see your next tweet.

Pro_Angler
11-09-2009, 12:16 PM
it will come back to haunt us..

#58ChiefsFan
11-09-2009, 12:20 PM
I am glad I was wrong about him playing again. Pioli had to gain some fans from this move.

Stumplifter
11-09-2009, 12:20 PM

I have the same feeling..... Larry will get signed somewhere, and now he's got a chip on his shoulder. He always runs better when he's PO'd and has something to prove.

Not that I want him on the Chiefs roster.... but some team out there will take advantage of this.

Vanilla Garilla
11-09-2009, 12:26 PM
I am so happy today! My wish came true, and the man, the legend, the legacy which is Priest Holmes shall go untainted.

My only hope is that some dumb team picks up LJ this year, to save the Chiefs the 2.4 million.

chiefs105
11-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Thats Awsome Kick Rocks Lj

Seek
11-09-2009, 12:41 PM

I don't see how.

partysan
11-09-2009, 12:44 PM
I have the same feeling..... Larry will get signed somewhere, and now he's got a chip on his shoulder. He always runs better when he's PO'd and has something to prove.

Not that I want him on the Chiefs roster.... but some team out there will take advantage of this.

I don't care if he rushes for 2000 yards somewhere else. If he's not productive with the Chiefs, he can leave. Simple as that.

Stumplifter
11-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Watch the Broncos sign him, then they'll attempt to get our playbook from him.... oh wait, they already have that.....
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/11/6.jpg

rodu
11-09-2009, 12:49 PM
reminds me of Patton. his own mouth is his worst enemy

For a minute I thought you were talking about Marvcus patton

yashi
11-09-2009, 01:34 PM
For a minute I thought you were talking about Marvcus patton

Me too! I was confused because I don't remember Marvcus being a problem.

Canada
11-09-2009, 01:45 PM

He will be a 31 year old worn out RB next year. He isnt gonna be haunting anyone.

LiquidSteel
11-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Nah nah nah nah
Nah nah nah nah
Hey Hey Hey
Good bye!

kilobytes
11-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Best move of the decade.

We can win or lose with out LJ. Jamal Charles 6 carries for 36 yards, avg 6 yards a run. Way better than than LJ.
The numbers will go down once defenses realize he is a threat...............think....plus they are totally different RB's. Charles isn't even really and every down back either.

You all got what you wanted but I feel ashamed to be affiliated with Chiefs fans atm. The petition was embarrassing. A lot of teams deal with "problem players". It seems we can't and then we name call him.

And the preserving Priest Holmes record thing is pathetic and a disgrace to Holmes.

LJ will do well on another team.

matthewschiefs
11-09-2009, 05:02 PM
The numbers will go down once defenses realize he is a threat...............think....plus they are totally different RB's. Charles isn't even really and every down back either.

You all got what you wanted but I feel ashamed to be affiliated with Chiefs fans atm. The petition was embarrassing. A lot of teams deal with "problem players". It seems we can't and then we name call him.

And the preserving Priest Holmes record thing is pathetic and a disgrace to Holmes.

LJ was a cancer to this team from day 1. I know you think highly of his on the field play but look at his rankings. Yes hes number 2 in yards and TDs but hes number 1 on carries all time. So he had more chances with the ball. His arvage per carry was not as good as Priest. LJ was let go becuse he a selfish player not for the record. ITs that simple.

yashi
11-09-2009, 05:03 PM

You come off as an LJ fan, not a Chiefs fan, at least to me.

The guy was averaging 2.7 YPC and is turning 30 in 10 days. He was on pace to have the least efficient season of any starting running back in NFL history. What exactly does he do for this football team that gives them a chance to win a football game?

greg3564
11-09-2009, 05:08 PM
THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best news I've read all season. :yahoo::drunkhb::bananen_smilies046::fan_wave2:

For those who think this will come back to haunt us or that LJ will get a chip on his shoulder and run like he did a few years ago? :lamende: That may be, but that will only last until something else doesn't go his way and the pouting party begins all over again. The only consistency LJ has ever shown us is his ability to be a little b!tch! Good riddance and I am so glad Priest still holds our rushing record.

pbatrucker
11-09-2009, 05:17 PM

Well don't associate with us. We won't mind.

kilobytes
11-09-2009, 05:20 PM
You come off as an LJ fan, not a Chiefs fan, at least to me.

The guy was averaging 2.7 YPC and is turning 30 in 10 days. He was on pace to have the least efficient season of any starting running back in NFL history. What exactly does he do for this football team that gives them a chance to win a football game?
Umm No. I think my favorite player wouldn't say Succop up there or have the great Stenerud as my pic, plus the sig. He has been under performing but most of it is because of a poor Offensive line and bad play calling. Just like all the Cassel fans blame the offensive line for his sub par performance. Read the sig.

I just don't like to be affiliated with the fan base anymore. Except some of you.

pbatrucker
11-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Umm No. I think my favorite player wouldn't say Succop up there or have the great Stenerud as my pic, plus the sig. He has been under performing but most of it is because of a poor Offensive line and bad play calling. Just like all the Cassel fans blame the offensive line for his sub par performance. Read the sig.

I just don't like to be affiliated with the fan base anymore. Except some of you.
Damn the luck.

Vandelay
11-09-2009, 05:28 PM

When Cassle starts tweeting after games, blaming the head coach, and everyone but himself, I'll have a problem with him too.

hometeam
11-09-2009, 05:32 PM

Dont you get it? LJ HATES YOU AND EVERY OTHER CHIEFS FAN. YOU ARENT RICH SO YOUR DOG POO IN HIS OPINION.

Whats disgraceful about wanting a stand up citizen, and a great player/man to hold the record, rather than a selfish man-child WHO HATES THIS FRANCHISE.

Not to mention, that petition had NOTHING to do with LJ's release. It was locker room turmoil coupled with HORRIBLE PRODUCTION.

Didnt you say he would break the record whether we like it or not?

While that won't ring true, this will; Whether you like it or not, your boyfriend is outta here.

kilobytes
11-09-2009, 05:36 PM
When Cassle starts tweeting after games, blaming the head coach, and everyone but himself, I'll have a problem with him too.
Brandon Flowers and Brandon Carr tweet so I don't see a problem with that as long as you aren't doing what LJ did, yes. But really the Head Coach has done nothing good yet. I only saw LJ blaming "the coach". Should have kept it to himself but you can't help how you feel. I'm sure there are other frustrated players. He shouldn't have done it but I don't care.

kilobytes
11-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Dont you get it? LJ HATES YOU AND EVERY OTHER CHIEFS FAN. YOU ARENT RICH SO YOUR DOG POO IN HIS OPINION.

Whats disgraceful about wanting a stand up citizen, and a great player/man to hold the record, rather than a selfish man-child WHO HATES THIS FRANCHISE.

Not to mention, that petition had NOTHING to do with LJ's release. It was locker room turmoil coupled with HORRIBLE PRODUCTION.

Didnt you say he would break the record whether we like it or not?

While that won't ring true, this will; Whether you like it or not, your boyfriend is outta here.
See this is why I don't like the fan base anymore...:sign0023:

josh1971
11-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Should have kept it to himself but you can't help how you feel.

But you CAN help from transmitting those thoughts to a world-wide audience, by just not doing it.

It was very unprofessional, and in the end, contributed greatly to him losing his job.

Vandelay
11-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Brandon Flowers and Brandon Carr tweet so I don't see a problem with that as long as you aren't doing what LJ did, yes. But really the Head Coach has done nothing good yet. I only saw LJ blaming "the coach". Should have kept it to himself but you can't help how you feel. I'm sure there are other frustrated players. He shouldn't have done it but I don't care.
:lamende: Flowers and Carr aren't insulting the head coach and the fans.

kilobytes
11-09-2009, 05:41 PM
:lamende: Flowers and Carr aren't insulting the head coach and the fans.
What the hell that's what I said...............the wording came out wrong. my mistake

Vandelay
11-09-2009, 05:42 PM
What the hell that's what I said...............
So why did you bring them up?

Facoter
11-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Im kind of glad he is gone so he has a fresh start somewhere else. He doesn't work here at all anymore.

KCSDFAN
11-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Other teams have petitions, too. San Diego Chargers fans have a petition to FIRE Norv Turner. So if the KC fans look bad then so do the Charger fans.

DaViD_MiLLs
11-09-2009, 07:40 PM
I'm glad he's gone. Maybe Washington will pick him up?

IlovetheChiefs
11-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Great news to come home to today. No more LJ. Yay! He's gone away.

And also great to know he won't get the Chiefs rushing record.

Argo
11-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Aleluya Brothers And Sisters!! Aleluya!

PawnshopMarimba
11-09-2009, 09:05 PM
I think there are some people on the planet that instinctively enjoy being disliked and a catalyst of negativity. I've seen it a hundred times.

With that in mind, I get why you like LJ, Kilo. I really do.

On topic: Adios LJ. Maybe Al Davis will give you a shot... though he's not exactly in need of an aging half back.

Coach
11-09-2009, 11:10 PM
I think there are some people on the planet that instinctively enjoy being disliked and a catalyst of negativity. I've seen it a hundred times.

With that in mind, I get why you like LJ, Kilo. I really do.

On topic: Adios LJ. Maybe Al Davis will give you a shot... though he's not exactly in need of an aging half back.

Fargas > LJ
McFadden > LJ
Bush > LJ

Why would they want his baggage? No way.

Vandelay
11-09-2009, 11:13 PM
Fargas > LJ
McFadden > LJ
Bush > LJ

Al davis loves baggage as much as southwest airlines.

Chiefster
11-09-2009, 11:15 PM
Fargas > LJ
McFadden > LJ
Bush > LJ

I kinda agree with Vandelay; it is Al davis after all.

matthewschiefs
11-09-2009, 11:18 PM
I kinda agree with Vandelay; it is Al davis after all.

With any other owner i to would say no way. But with Al davis you dont no. This is afterall the team that took Hayword-bay 8th overall. :lol:

PawnshopMarimba
11-10-2009, 12:33 AM
Al davis loves baggage as much as southwest airlines.

Post of the week. Rep.

Chiefster
11-10-2009, 12:49 AM
With any other owner i to would say no way. But with Al davis you dont no. This is afterall the team that took Hayword-bay 8th overall. :lol:

Yep!

rbedgood
11-10-2009, 01:15 AM
LJ could end up having a great run the end of this year, but he'd have to select a team based on the team, not on money. His previous character doesn't show such insight so I highly doubt he selects a team like New England, Green Bay or Houston where he could join a winner, play a role and have a great season.

I see him taking the biggest $$ offer which will likely be a team which can't give him a chance for success.

Chiefster
11-10-2009, 02:48 AM
LJ could end up having a great run the end of this year, but he'd have to select a team based on the team, not on money. His previous character doesn't show such insight so I highly doubt he selects a team like New England, Green Bay or Houston where he could join a winner, play a role and have a great season.

I see him taking the biggest $$ offer which will likely be a team which can't give him a chance for success.

Good point.

mejohnm
11-10-2009, 11:20 AM
Yea, but like those people who wrote all of his apologies, they will probably try to get him to agree to one of the better teams...

Bike
11-10-2009, 11:46 AM

I highly doubt that LJ will have the luxury of selecting the team of his choice. He'll be lucky to get an offer from anybody.

greg3564
11-10-2009, 04:49 PM
From USA Today (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2009/11/larry-johnson-chiefs-losing-led-to-his-bad-behavior/1)-

"Johnson blamed his inappropriate conduct on his anger with the Chiefs' poor on-field performance."

""If anybody likes losing, they shouldn't be playing this game," Johnson told Patrick."

This is why LJ will go to some subpar team and if he's lucky he'll be a 2nd stringer. He can't take responsibility for his emotional behavior. It has, and always will be, someone else's fault. LJ, no one likes to lose games. But it comes with the territory of competitive sports. There's always a loser and a winner. Unfortunately, your daddy never instilled in you that things don't always go your way and that your character counts, win or lose.