PDA

View Full Version : lj to oakland

marloweopatchiefs
11-09-2009, 02:10 PM
lol just seen it as a rumor on espn...that would be funny,,,as we play oakland this weekend.

Sn@keIze
11-09-2009, 02:12 PM
I wouldnt be surprised to see him as a patriot.

They always seem to go for those veteran power backs(Dillion, Taylor).

yashi
11-09-2009, 02:15 PM
Jim Zorn acknowledged that the Redskins are going to have discussions about claiming LJ off waivers.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/will-larry-johnson-be-the-new.html?wprss=redskinsinsider

If anyone claims him before he clears waivers that team assumes the remainder of his contract. Let's hope they do it!

Crawdadr
11-09-2009, 03:37 PM
The Redskins can have him with my blessings. Hey maybe LJ can find a whole new bar scene to spit on!

matthewschiefs
11-09-2009, 04:03 PM
I dont see LJ in oakland they have a lot of rbs already.

captainamerica
11-09-2009, 04:14 PM
Well Portis hasn't been playing well and he does have a concussion. I can see them picking him up. I could also see the Pats, Seahawks, Browns, or Chargers taking a look at him. I'm sure there's some decent interest in LJ around the league.

Vandelay
11-09-2009, 04:15 PM
LJ dosen't have to go home, but he can't stay here.

LJ -> :pointlaugh: <- Chiefs fans

Eydugstr
11-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Please let it be the Redskins or possibly Philly. Someone will pick him up. Please don't let it be the Broncos or the Raiders. Last thing we need is to face him twice a year behind a better offensive line.

Vandelay
11-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Please let it be the Redskins or possibly Philly. Someone will pick him up. Please don't let it be the Broncos or the Raiders. Last thing we need is to face him twice a year behind a better offensive line.
Would hate to have to face a running back who averages 2.4 ypc.

Facoter
11-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Would hate to have to face a running back who averages 2.4 ypc.
Ummmmmm he would do much better behind that o line. Stop hatin

KCraised
11-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Please dont let it be to a successful team. It would end up being like a reward for being a punk....New England? Please God, nooooooo....

Bike
11-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Please dont let it be to a successful team. It would end up being like a reward for being a punk....New England? Please God, nooooooo....
I don't see a successful team picking up this baggage. And no way Belicheck is that stupid. Snyder on the other hand...

pbatrucker
11-09-2009, 06:50 PM
The Redskins are the only team interested according to NFL network.

KCINNYC
11-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Ummmmmm he would do much better behind that o line. Stop hatin

You misspelled "hating"

obsessed
11-09-2009, 09:31 PM
You misspelled "hating"

ya but he spelled "hatin" right

stricken721
11-09-2009, 10:03 PM
The Redskins are the only team interested according to NFL network.

Apparently Chicago and Houston also. But I don't see why he would go to either of those places. Redskins... It makes sense

Chiefster
11-09-2009, 10:54 PM
I would not like to see him go to another AFC West rival. I'd love to see him dumped on the NFC personally.

Coach
11-09-2009, 10:56 PM
LJ told Adam Schefter of NFL Network that he would like to play for the Steelers.

Chiefster
11-09-2009, 10:59 PM
LJ told Adam Schefter of NFL Network that he would like to play for the Steelers.

He wants to personally apologize for pulling what's his names hair. :D

Vandelay
11-09-2009, 11:05 PM
You mean?

YouTube- It's Polamalu

Vandelay
11-09-2009, 11:10 PM
And in case you were wondering, he uses head and shoulders, it does seven great things for his hair and scalp.

Chiefster
11-09-2009, 11:12 PM
You mean?

YouTube- It's Polamalu (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se8ABHcq8g4)

:lol: Dat be it!

Canada
11-09-2009, 11:54 PM
And in case you were wondering, he uses head and shoulders, it does seven great things for his hair and scalp.I didn't ask :D

Sn@keIze
11-10-2009, 01:40 AM
Please dont let it be to a successful team. It would end up being like a reward for being a punk....New England? Please God, nooooooo....Why? if he is so worthless then why not go to England. U dont think he has anything worth having do u?

I don't see a successful team picking up this baggage. And no way Belicheck is that stupid. Snyder on the other hand...Understand that it doesnt mean he will be starting.

LJ is the guy to have if ur Back is tired and your at the goal line. Especially if he is more of a finesse back. Yes, Belicheck is that opened minded.

Apparently Chicago and Houston also. But I don't see why he would go to either of those places. Redskins... It makes senseNot exactly sure who Fortes' backup is. Portis is hurt right now and he wasnt that good this season to start with. Or it may be their O-line, cant say i know much bout the Oline.

I would not like to see him go to another AFC West rival. I'd love to see him dumped on the NFC personally.Why? Do you think he is good?

The majority of a good RB is a good Oline. What do you guys think of our O-line? What did you guys think Jamaal Charles this last game since he got to start?

Enlighten me.

Chiefster
11-10-2009, 02:40 AM
I just think that players who get doled off to divisional rivals tend to elevate their game against the team who let them go is all.

Sn@keIze
11-10-2009, 02:47 AM
I just think that players who get doled off to divisional rivals tend to elevate their game against the team who let them go is all.

Not true

The Faids let go of Marcus Allen becuz they were STUPID!

The Chiefs let go of Gannon becuz they were STUPID!

The Chiefs let Niel Smith go bcuz they were STUPID!

The Chargers cut Rodney Harrison bcuz they were STUPID!( Not traded to division rival tho, so that one wasnt fair) but you get the point

Chiefster
11-10-2009, 02:53 AM
Not true

The Faids let go of Marcus Allen becuz they were STUPID!

The Chiefs let go of Gannon becuz they were STUPID!

The Chiefs let Niel Smith go bcuz they were STUPID!

The Chargers cut Rodney Harrison bcuz they were STUPID!( Not traded to division rival tho, so that one wasnt fair) but you get the point

Grant it, stupidity was prevalent in each of those cases, but I still stand by my statement; it's merely my opinion. I could be wrong.

bigpoppachief
11-10-2009, 03:09 AM
I just hate I have two authentic LJ jerseys. lol I could see him going to the redskins and him and deangelo hall getting in a fight lol

Sn@keIze
11-10-2009, 03:12 AM
I just hate I have two authentic LJ jerseys. lol I could see him going to the redskins and him and deangelo hall getting in a fight lol
Then mail them to me. If you really think they are worth gettn rid of then I will PM you my address.

chief31
11-10-2009, 07:39 AM
Why? if he is so worthless then why not go to England. U dont think he has anything worth having do u?

Understand that it doesnt mean he will be starting.

LJ is the guy to have if ur Back is tired and your at the goal line. Especially if he is more of a finesse back. Yes, Belicheck is that opened minded.

Not exactly sure who Fortes' backup is. Portis is hurt right now and he wasnt that good this season to start with. Or it may be their O-line, cant say i know much bout the Oline.

Why? Do you think he is good?

The majority of a good RB is a good Oline. What do you guys think of our O-line? What did you guys think Jamaal Charles this last game since he got to start?

Enlighten me.

Yep. Behind a good o-line, in a well designed offense, LJ would be a good runner.

He would still be a poor blocker and ok receiver. But he would be a good pickup for a team with those factors in place.

But he is, and has been for awhile, worthless here.

Bike
11-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Why? if he is so worthless then why not go to England. U dont think he has anything worth having do u?
I don't really care what he does.

LJ is the back to have? I'm sure his phone is ringing off the hook.

Not exactly sure who Fortes' backup is. Portis is hurt right now and he wasnt that good this season to start with. Or it may be their O-line, cant say i know much bout the Oline.
Just blame it on the ol.

Enlighten me.
Ok. Haley targeted Charles with 6 runs and 2 passes the entire game. Not quite like getting 20 carries to see what the guy can do. If the majority of a good rb is a good line, I guess we could put anybody back there. What makes a good rb (imho) is what he can do without a good ol.
Just an opinion. I'll ease your pain and just call myself an idiot for stating it. Chiefster/Coach I deserve an infraction for being so childish as to call myself an idiot and will accept it wholeheartedly..:D

Canada
11-10-2009, 11:52 AM
Idiot.

Bike
11-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Idiot.
I'm out of beer. :beer:

Canada
11-10-2009, 12:04 PM
I'm out of beer. :beer:

Now I really do think you are an idiot!! How the :sign0053: do you run out of beer? :sign0104:

OPLookn
11-10-2009, 12:11 PM
Please let another team be dumb enough to pick him up off of waivers and let us be free and clear of a bad decision to give Larry "2.7 yards per carry" Johnson money. Before anyone says something about the o-line 2.7 yards is 8.1 feet...Larry Johnson is about 6 feet tall and you can do the rest of the math.

KCraised
11-10-2009, 09:58 PM

Enlighten me.

I don't care if he has it or not. He is a punk and a crybaby and if he goes to New England (which are interested), he has an incredible chance of being on a Superbowl caliber team, which he does NOT deserve. End of story.

Connie Jo
11-11-2009, 09:28 PM
I'm just glad he's gone from the Chiefs...and honestly, I don't care where he ends up. In the bigger picture...it doesn't really matter what team he's on, whether he does good or bad...he won't affect the Chiefs in a significant way any more than any other RB in the NFL. Either our defense will prepare and do their job stopping an opposing teams RB's, or not. :)