PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Drummond signs!

Sick Dog
08-26-2007, 04:27 PM
Former pro bowler Eddie Drummond signed with the Chiefs. I think he can help our special teams I hope.:D

AkChief49
08-26-2007, 04:32 PM
Too bad he's not 6'-6" 340lbs. with 4.8 speed, oh and plays left tackle......:D the man has skills!! hope he can help in anyway!!

Sick Dog
08-26-2007, 04:41 PM
Thats ok McIntosh is close and that should help. Not to mention that new guy that just signed for 6 years I think his name is LJ!:funnypost:

Chiefster
08-26-2007, 05:13 PM
Thats ok McIntosh is close and that should help. Not to mention that new guy that just signed for 6 years I think his name is LJ!:funnypost:

He'd better..."help" that is. :D

sling58
08-27-2007, 06:55 AM
He'd better..."help" that is. :D

For $46 mil he better do more than just "help"!

wolfpack
08-27-2007, 09:45 AM
right now i hope he can return them close enough to try a fieldgoal because our offense so far has proven it can`t move the ball very well. but then again i hope our new kicker isnt the second coming of "the name that is never spoken".

sling58
08-27-2007, 09:48 AM
right now i hope he can return them close enough to try a fieldgoal because our offense so far has proven it can`t move the ball very well. but then again i hope our new kicker isnt the second coming of "the name that is never spoken".

It might be the only scoring oppurtunities we have. I am still optimistic about or O pulling their heads out and getting something together.

luv
08-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Looks like Phinisee will probably get cut, then. Too bad. The boy had some moves. I've never seen Drummond play. What's he like?

DrunkHillbilly
08-27-2007, 01:26 PM
He's a pro bowler but a little long in the tooth. He definetly isn't any worse than Hall was last season. From what I remember, he doesn't dance as much.

Chiefster
08-27-2007, 10:33 PM
For $46 mil he better do more than just "help"!

Eggsactly! What I meant to say was for that much money he better run, pass, catch, kick, block, and tackle while singing the national anthem, balancing the budget, and settling the national debt. :D

Canada
08-27-2007, 11:12 PM
Eggsactly! What I meant to say was for that much money he better run, pass, catch, kick, block, and tackle while singing the national anthem, balancing the budget, and settling the national debt. :D

...and maybe some beer money for me?? :drunkhb:

Chiefster
08-27-2007, 11:21 PM
...and maybe some beer money for me?? :drunkhb:

Sure; we'll take up a collection.

Canada
08-27-2007, 11:22 PM
I have enough empties to buy a case now!! Productive weekend.

Chiefster
08-27-2007, 11:26 PM
I have enough empties to buy a case now!! Productive weekend.

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

chief31
08-28-2007, 09:51 AM

Expect nothing but running up the gut and perhaps some improved recieving. Don't expect any effort on blocking, nor running plays to the outside.

Chiefster
08-28-2007, 10:55 AM
Expect nothing but running up the gut and perhaps some improved recieving. Don't expect any effort on blocking, nor running plays to the outside.

Unfortunately.

wolfpack
08-29-2007, 10:27 AM
maybe this drummand guy can catch also. he sure cant hurt our WR corps.

Chiefster
08-29-2007, 02:15 PM
maybe this drummand guy can catch also. he sure cant hurt our WR corps.

Good point! :)

rbedgood
08-29-2007, 02:18 PM
Personally I'm pretty high on Bowe's prospects. I think by midseason he's the #1 WR...leaving Kennison as a #2. Kennison is actually a pretty good #2, but the problem still lies with the big boys up front. If Bowe/Kennison, etc. don't have time to run a route, then it wouldn't matter who is out there. As for Drummonds, if you have to line him up on offense, things are getting pretty bad.

Chiefster
08-29-2007, 02:22 PM
Personally I'm pretty high on Bowe's prospects. I think by midseason he's the #1 WR...leaving Kennison as a #2. Kennison is actually a pretty good #2, but the problem still lies with the big boys up front. If Bowe/Kennison, etc. don't have time to run a route, then it wouldn't matter who is out there. As for Drummonds, if you have to line him up on offense, things are getting pretty bad.

This was the argument many of us were making when we didn't go after offensive linemen early in the draft.

luv
08-29-2007, 02:45 PM
What about Phinisee? From what I've seen of him, I really like him. I heard he got in on some action with the first string during the Saints game and did well. He's averaging double digits in yardage on punt returns. He's young. If he could learn kickoff returns, then I think he'd be more valuable than Drummond. I hope he doesn't get cut.

rbedgood
08-29-2007, 02:47 PM
Sorry but I was stuck on the road for work, and wasn't able to watch the Saints/Chiefs game...only had "gamecast" on the laptop. However I've heard good things of Phinisee, I reserve the right to evaluate him in action

chief31
08-29-2007, 07:39 PM
Good thing we got rid of Dante Hall. Otherwise we probably wouldn't be scraping other teams' cut lists.

Chiefster
08-30-2007, 12:13 AM
Good thing we got rid of Dante Hall. Otherwise we probably wouldn't be scraping other teams' cut lists.

Yeah; if Dante gets cut then we can get him back to provide on field dance lessons while losing ten yards on returns. :p
j/k

swmochiefsfan
08-30-2007, 01:10 PM
I was hoping see a little of Drummond on hard knocks,guess I'll have to wait till tonight.

Chiefster
08-30-2007, 01:30 PM
I was hoping see a little of Drummond on hard knocks,guess I'll have to wait till tonight.

Yeah, I gotta work; this is the first preseason that I haven't seen at least one preseason game from start to finish. I don't think that I've missed anything.

chief31
08-31-2007, 02:10 AM
Yeah; if Dante gets cut then we can get him back to provide on field dance lessons while losing ten yards on returns. :p
j/k
At least he managed to dance his way to average, on his "down years".

rbedgood
08-31-2007, 02:12 AM
I think most teams would be thrilled to have a "dancing" returner of the level of Dante Hall.

swmochiefsfan
08-31-2007, 10:13 AM
He sure gave us some good years, I hope he does well

Sick Dog
08-31-2007, 10:17 AM
Drummond looked pretty good last night. I think he is an improvement in that area over Dante last year.:D

swmochiefsfan
08-31-2007, 10:23 AM
Yeah not bad, we shall see

luv
08-31-2007, 12:55 PM
I think most teams would be thrilled to have a "dancing" returner of the level of Dante Hall.
Phinisee's got the footwork. He didn't do bad. I'll bet he still gets cut though.

rbedgood
08-31-2007, 01:11 PM
I can't see them cutting Phinisee, he is currently injured...right? I think PUP may be a more likely destination for him. Either way, he's too young to give up on at this point.

swmochiefsfan
08-31-2007, 02:31 PM
I can't see them cutting Phinisee, he is currently injured...right? I think PUP may be a more likely destination for him. Either way, he's too young to give up on at this point.
Maybe so but I wouldn't be surprised

Chiefster
09-01-2007, 08:29 PM
At least he managed to dance his way to average, on his "down years".

...For all the good it did him.

...Not if he continues his take two steps forwards then three steps back Cha Cha

He sure gave us some good years, I hope he does well

Agreed; I wish him luck.