PDA

View Full Version : new nfl mock draft site

franchisedotcom
11-10-2009, 06:07 PM
2010 NFL Mock Draft (http://www.wytaip.com)

has got the chiefs taking..
OT Trent Williams, S Chad Jones, and TE Jermaine Gresham in the first 2 rounds

thoughts?

LJ gone, Priest still with the record! :fan_wave2:

matthewschiefs
11-10-2009, 06:12 PM
I dont no about the TE pick. The Chiefs are at least decent at the TE postion. While they dont have a Tony G anymore I think they need more help on OL then one pick. But we will have a better idea once the draft time gets here. I am already excited about the draft to see what the chiefs do.

yashi
11-10-2009, 06:23 PM
If we got Gresham in the 2nd round I would do backflips.

I want Taylor Mays in the 1st round. OT and Gresham in the 2nd would be amazing.

b-dolo
11-10-2009, 06:35 PM
I would use first two picks on o-line. Then go from there.

yashi
11-10-2009, 08:27 PM
By Taylor Mays I meant Eric Berry.... my brain is broken today.

hometeam
11-10-2009, 09:16 PM
wayyy to early to mock draft, and if Pioli is his same ol self, there will be trading going on, whether we are stockpiling picks or giving them out like candy for vets~

lucky_lefty
11-10-2009, 10:29 PM
agree with hometeam and as a FSU alum, Pat Robinson is NO WAY NEAR worthy of being a 1st rd pick & he's crazy as hell if he thinks Eric Berry is dropping all the way to #8...kid won't make it pass TB.....list is trash...Rolle isn't even playing ball this year and 2nd round pick?? really?? lmao

josh1971
11-10-2009, 10:54 PM
How many draft picks have we amassed from trades/deals for the 2010 draft? We must have 7 picks in the 5th round alone!

bigpoppachief
11-11-2009, 12:38 AM
I would like to get that kid who is super smart who took a year off from football... Myron rolle or somethign like that he was a hella football player but is smart and we need someone smart in the locker room now that the dumbest of them all is gone.

pbatrucker
11-11-2009, 06:29 AM
I always follow draft boards and find it interesting to read the scouting reports on the incoming class.
There is only one sure fire starting LT in next years class, Russell O'Kung. That being sai there ther are a number of OT that will be monster RT in the NFL. Ciron Black, the kid from Rutgers and one from USC. At least one and possible all three would fall to us in the second round. Ther will also be some good OG's available with the 2nd second rounder.
That being said I haven't given up on Albert, He's relearning everything all over. He is a hard worker and takes pride in his job. He will be fine.
That being said it's up to Pioli and his dicision on Albert, If he's not comfotable with him at LT then he will probably draft O'Kung. If he is then Eric Berry could be on his way to KC.
Either way we need two OL in the first three picks.

OPLookn
11-11-2009, 12:06 PM
Gresham falling to the 2nd and 54th pick of the draft overall?? This guy has to be smoking something! There's no way he'll fall that low. I think we have enough picks to draft a whole new line and a running back with a 6th.

I would be curious to know how many picks we've stocked up. Last I heard we had everything but the 7th we gave up for our fantastic pick of the guy that I'm pretty sure isn't here anymore. Two 2nds and two 5ths along with the "undisclosed" draft pick from miami for Thigpen. Has anyone heard what that draft pick will end up being or is?

pbatrucker
11-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Keep an eye on this player. He's a jr RT for LSU.
Joseph Barksdale, 6'6"d and 315 lbs, Has O'Kung's footwork is a dominate blocker run and pass. He's playing better than Ciron Black, will be able to play LT at the next level. Right now he's not mentioned among the elite OT's and could be a steal.

stricken721
11-11-2009, 12:42 PM
Joseph Barksdale, 6'6"d and 315 lbs, Has O'Kung's footwork is a dominate blocker run and pass. He's playing better than Ciron Black, will be able to play LT at the next level. Right now he's not mentioned among the elite OT's and could be a steal.

Wouldn't that be something if we drafted 4 LSU players 4 years in a row. Thought I don't think he would be in the 1st round

yashi
11-11-2009, 01:48 PM

Yeah, I've started hearing good things about Barksdale.

captainamerica
11-11-2009, 02:18 PM
Besides the 1st overall pick according to this guy another QB will not be taken in the 1st round until the 27th overall pick and it will be the Pats picking him up?

SAPHOJUNKIE
11-11-2009, 03:08 PM
By Taylor Mays I meant Eric Berry.... my brain is broken today.

Eric Berry does look amazing. Always seems to be in the right place, and his speed is unbelievable.

If Berry doesn't fall to us, but Mays does, I would have no problem taking him. You have to put aside your USC hatred (I live in LA, this is difficult for me), and see him for the phenom that he is.

He has corner speed and a linebacker's body. he is SICK talented.

I understand why Berry is more celebrated, but don't start pretending that Mays is not elite. He is.

Personally, I would like to see us go one of these two routes:

1. Trent Williams
2A. OG Asamoah
2B. WR - have no idea. best available. who can guess where these guys go and who's a bust?

1. Dez Bryant
2. Asamoah
3. JD Walton

Either way, we need to add two offensive lineman on the first day (round three is now day two), and I think we need a talented young receiver.

If only Michael Floyd were coming out this year...

EDIT: By the way, this is under the assumption that Eric Berry goes #2 or #3 to Tampa Bay, and we're picking 6th at the highest. Of course, maybe I'm giving us more credit than we deserve. We are currently ahead of only TB and STL in the standings.

KottkeKU
11-11-2009, 05:47 PM
I really like the TE from USC, cant remember his name. Hes huge and really athletic. Is he coming out of the draft for 2010? I would love to have him, gresham has too much hype and will go too soon...

liking this barksdale fellow....we certainly need an o lineman or two in the first three rounds..

70 chiefsfan70
11-11-2009, 10:12 PM
I like Eric Berry in the first , then 2 ol in the second, unless we land a stud Ol in the FA, in that case I would go WR in the second round....

Fansincebirth
11-11-2009, 10:30 PM
we have needs all the way down the o line cant fill them all with draft will have to do some nifty trading thank god for pioli

kcmostwanted
11-11-2009, 11:28 PM
I stopped looking after I saw Jimmy Clausen going #1... I'm not a really big fan of any of the 2010 QBs... I honestly think the only player worth taking #1 overall is SUH from Nebraska...

If the Chiefs had the #1 pick in the draft I wouldn't mind them grabbing SUH....even if this means we've drafted 3 top 5 D line men in 3 years....

franchisedotcom
11-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Besides the 1st overall pick according to this guy another QB will not be taken in the 1st round until the 27th overall pick and it will be the Pats picking him up?

The pats would be set at QB for another 10 years possibly lol
:lamende:

fairladyZ
11-12-2009, 01:24 PM
just watched a highlight video of Taylor Mays.... I'm pretty sure he was already here and we let him go... Dude looks to play just like Pollard. Doesn't wrap up and comes in to explode people.

pbatrucker
11-12-2009, 01:37 PM
just watched a highlight video of Taylor Mays.... I'm pretty sure he was already here and we let him go... Dude looks to play just like Pollard. Doesn't wrap up and comes in to explode people.
He is a athletic freak. Problem is the scouts are comparing him to Roy Williams (the safety).
Eric Berry is being compared to Ed Reed.

lucky_lefty
11-12-2009, 02:29 PM

VERY TRUE....his technique is really flawed...he'd rather go for the blow up/knockout hit rather than proper technique tackling....if the chiefs were to take a WR in the 3rd, they should look at Damian Williams out of USC...kids a burner and makes the difficult catch or OG John Jerry out of Ole Miss...very solid lineman w/ a ton of potential

fairladyZ
11-12-2009, 02:30 PM
ya i like that Mays is a burner. not affraid to light somebody up.
And i like that Berry is a home run hitter.

Thing that scares me about mays is he reminds me exactly of pollard. Which is not a bad thing i liked pollard. He will either make a big play and hit or get burned on a whiff.

What scares me about Berry is he is a home run hitter but how good of a tackler is he going to be at the NFL level? He is kinda small. Seem more cornerish to me. Not safety.

i wish you could take both of them and combine them and make one that we could draft. Ala Troy Palomalu

lucky_lefty
11-12-2009, 02:45 PM
2010 NFL Mock Draft (http://www.wytaip.com)

has got the chiefs taking..
OT Trent Williams, S Chad Jones, and TE Jermaine Gresham in the first 2 rounds

thoughts?

LJ gone, Priest still with the record! :fan_wave2:

not guaranteed he's even coming out considering he's just a JR plus he's not even in the top 10 safeties JR/SR this year...you'd do better getting the burnett kid out of Ga Tech or not wasting a pick on Gresham...I don't trust him considering that system he's coming out of...unless something miraculous happens, I'd wait for McCoy out of USC or (don't call me crazy), alot of scouts are projecting Meier out of KU to be a TE in the league

lucky_lefty
11-12-2009, 02:47 PM
i wish you could take both of them and combine them and make one that we could draft. Ala Troy Palomalu

truth be told, if you want that kind of S, the Jones kid out of UGA fits that mold...check the hit he made in the OK State game plus he covers major ground

fairladyZ
11-12-2009, 03:12 PM
just watched some videos of Reshad Jones... I like what i see.. he's fast, sure handed tackler, He doesn't load up and explode into people, he would rather grab them and either spin them down or drive them down. Pretty good ball skills seems to always be in position to make a play on the ball.

I just want a safety who is quick, a SURE tackler, and has some balls skills to be in position to make a play. Jones kid seems to fit all

Where is jones expected to be taken?

lucky_lefty
11-12-2009, 07:49 PM
just watched some videos of Reshad Jones... I like what i see.. he's fast, sure handed tackler, He doesn't load up and explode into people, he would rather grab them and either spin them down or drive them down. Pretty good ball skills seems to always be in position to make a play on the ball.

I just want a safety who is quick, a SURE tackler, and has some balls skills to be in position to make a play. Jones kid seems to fit all

Where is jones expected to be taken?

for now, he's considered a 3-4th rounder

SAPHOJUNKIE
11-12-2009, 08:19 PM
for now, he's considered a 3-4th rounder

Then he must be slow.

Mays unloads on guys, because he is way bigger than they are. He can do that in college. Every college player does things in college that they can't get away with in the pros.

He has every athletic ability, and if he's coachable, then I give him the green light.

Really, if Mays learns to wrap up and tackle, then how is Eric Berry better?

yashi
11-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Then he must be slow.

Mays unloads on guys, because he is way bigger than they are. He can do that in college. Every college player does things in college that they can't get away with in the pros.

He has every athletic ability, and if he's coachable, then I give him the green light.

Really, if Mays learns to wrap up and tackle, then how is Eric Berry better?

If?

Berry is much better in coverage and a better tackler right now. He's also produced much more in college than Mays has, and has unbelievable ball hawk skills.

Size and hitting ability are overrated for safeties, in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I like Mays.. just not as much as Berry. Berry is Ed Reed. I want a guy who is going to make game changing interceptions with big returns.

fairladyZ
11-12-2009, 09:45 PM
Reshad Jones is said to be a 4.4 in the 60. And from the punt returns i watched him do he seemed like he wasn't very slow.

All 3 look good, worried about mays not wrapping up, worried about berry's size and tackling in the pros.

pbatrucker
11-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Reshad Jones is said to be a 4.4 in the 60. And from the punt returns i watched him do he seemed like he wasn't very slow.

All 3 look good, worried about mays not wrapping up, worried about berry's size and tackling in the pros.
Scouts are comparing Mays with Roy Williams, Berry is compared with Ed Reed.

Xanathol
11-13-2009, 12:10 AM
LSU fan here ( that follows NFL Tigers ) and a retired SEC fan ( after the Bama fixed game this year, I am done being an 'SEC fan' ). My $0.02 on what I've seen in the college game:

1. Taylor Mays has the build of a Hall of Fame safety but plays like a practice squad safety; poor coverage, poor tackling and just looks to cheapshot someone. Eric Berry is the real deal - a playmaker!

2. Ciron Black has the build and atheleticism, but can be lazy at times and get bullrushed of all things. Barksdale needs to work on keeping his head in the game, but could be a sleeper.

3. Leave Chad 'Dreadlocks of Doom' alone!!! We want him back next season! ;) Really, he's a tremendous athelete, plays well, but his game isn't 'polished' yet. Once he's comfortable and the rough edges worked out, he could be something special in the NFL ( or MLB ). But no, we reeeeeeaaaaaallllllly want him back for his senior season!

FYI, 2011 draft at the earliest ( as he is a sophmore now ), look for Patrick Peterson, CB @ LSU to go in the top 10, maybe top 3. CBS Sports already has had rated at the top CB in his class (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2012_CB) ( 2012 ).

diehardkcfan
11-13-2009, 05:06 AM
the upcoming draft is supposed to be extremely deep due to players that in most years would go back for their senior year to get drafted higher the next year and make more money, entering this years draft because they fear a strike or a rookie salary scale in place for the 2011 draft. with that said i would like to see some trades made so we have a nice amount of picks.

i read this over and over i hope it makes sense

Fansincebirth
11-13-2009, 09:30 PM
To me right now, it is too early to start making picks. Right now its about identifing needs. As someone earlier said, thank god for Pioli. Every one here is talking about drafting a new team. Young good tallent is a great thing. But they need veteran leadership, great coaching, and time. Few O linemen can step in and be competitive their first year. We can use another Safty but we are not in as bad of shape there as some think. With Page back and Morgan developed, we are not really that bad at safty. We better start thinking about getting some LB that are a little more athletic. Vrable will not last long and Hollie has made transition well but if we had more athletic LB who can cover better so the safties can play deeper and back up the corners on fly routes and dble moves.

okikcfan
11-15-2009, 10:56 AM
Well you can bet that Pioli has already got his picks laid out for the draft, some will change in the end and with any luck we will have the best offseason ever. Oh and we really need to start with a OC!