PDA

View Full Version : Lj to the bungals!!!

garciakcfan
11-16-2009, 01:37 PM
just go the text

Argo
11-16-2009, 01:48 PM
NFL network report : NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive Source: Larry Johnson working out with Bengals « (http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/11/16/source-larry-johnson-working-out-with-bengals-on-monday/)

captainamerica
11-16-2009, 02:01 PM
I wonder how serious the injury to Benson was yesterday. This could be a sign that he may miss a few games. I mean why else would they of worked out LJ considering how successful Benson has been for them this season?

partysan
11-16-2009, 02:04 PM
Haha, picking up a guy with discipline issues. Who else but the Bengals? At least he's in good company there.

Stumplifter
11-16-2009, 02:11 PM
He'd fit in well there, they are the only team in the NFL that has a jail/work release program. 8-)

hometeam
11-16-2009, 03:40 PM
I called this!

He will be a bit player wherever he goes.

yashi
11-16-2009, 03:53 PM
LOL how fitting.

Bike
11-16-2009, 04:17 PM
LJ gets to go to a playoff-bound team (looks like so far anyway-impressive win vs. steelers) and may get some pt with Bensen out. And he gets 2.7 mil from us. And he gets whatever Cincy offers him. And he gets the playoffs. Sounds like a win-win situation for LJ - kinda like he's gettin' rewarded for his crap behavior. I'm still happy we released the guy, though. We've washed our hands of him. A change of scenery might do the guy some good...

Chiefster
11-16-2009, 05:47 PM
He'd fit in well there, they are the only team in the NFL that has a jail/work release program. 8-)

I thought the Faders where the first to initiate said program. :D

Vandelay
11-16-2009, 07:40 PM
I hope the bengals fall flat on their faces.
And that's possible, they are the bengals.

IlovetheChiefs
11-16-2009, 08:18 PM
Yes, very fitting that Larry Johnson is now a Cincinnati Bandit, er Bengal.

Maybe Ocho Cinco can help LJ improve on his Dos.Siete ypc.

honda522
11-16-2009, 09:07 PM
We do play the Bengals this year you know.

Vandelay
11-16-2009, 09:13 PM
We do play the Bengals this year you know.
Good.
Can't wait.
Looking forward to it.

josh1971
11-16-2009, 09:31 PM
Sweet- given LJ's talent remaining, we should help him to another day of less than 3 yards per carry.

jb

matthewschiefs
11-16-2009, 10:14 PM
lol i heard hes going to be 4th string. that is funny.

KCraised
11-17-2009, 11:10 AM
I just heard that, too....M.Lewis didn't give him much hype in his comments, as to Larry's role. Sounds like he might be put in charge of squirting Gatorade bottles in the starter's mouths during time outs.....:)

josh1971
11-17-2009, 11:42 AM
I especially liked that Marv Lewis said he would be working in the kicking game.

Nice...

brish
11-17-2009, 12:06 PM
I especially liked that Marv Lewis said he would be working in the kicking game.

Nice...

Hahaha that can't sit well with LJ. :D

kcvet
11-17-2009, 12:23 PM
I heard he's 4 on the depth chart. unlikely he'll play at all. also he took a HUGH salary cut.

yashi
11-17-2009, 12:56 PM
I heard he's 4 on the depth chart. unlikely he'll play at all. also he took a HUGH salary cut.

Not really, considering he's still getting his full salary from the Chiefs plus whatever the Bengals pay him.

kcvet
11-17-2009, 01:39 PM
Not really, considering he's still getting his full salary from the Chiefs plus whatever the Bengals pay him.

but his chances of playing this year are slim to none

endzonewillie
11-17-2009, 01:44 PM
lol i heard hes going to be 4th string. that is funny.
He will be 4th string RB and on special teams doing kicking stuff.
Bengals sign ex-Chiefs running back Johnson through end of season (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8144058d&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

kcvet
11-17-2009, 01:51 PM
special teams ??!!! he can't block a parking ticket :D

endzonewillie
11-17-2009, 01:52 PM
I personally can't wait to see that.

yashi
11-17-2009, 03:53 PM
I heard he's going to be a gameday inactive as long as Benson is playing.

captainamerica
11-17-2009, 04:00 PM
Yeah, but he can probably tackle well enough to be a decent special teams guy (think Adrian Peterson from the bears.)

yashi
11-17-2009, 04:17 PM
Yeah, but he can probably tackle well enough to be a decent special teams guy (think Adrian Peterson from the bears.)

You think so? I think he has more experience tackling women than NFL players.

SIC J
11-17-2009, 04:50 PM

Thats what the Bengals are saying, but I highly doubt he's gonna end up being the 4th back-up.

pbatrucker
11-17-2009, 05:40 PM
I want to see LJ on special teams!!! Block? halfassed maybe. Tackle, not a chance.

greg3564
11-17-2009, 08:34 PM
LJ is too big to be a special teams player. Benson is questionable for this weekends game with an abductor strain. I think the Bengals will rest him since they are playing the Raiders and I highly doubt LJ will see any playing time this season. That said, I can no longer call the Bengals the Bungals for at least this season. I know, it hurts. But damn, they're 7-2 and have won some tough games. I have to give props where props are due(unless it's any other team in the AFC West).

IlovetheChiefs
11-17-2009, 08:42 PM
That's true. Not only 7-2 but they've beaten both Pittsburgh and Baltimore twice. They're really in the driver's seat in that division now. But ... then they had to go pick up LJ and risk a DWI.

josh1971
11-17-2009, 08:45 PM
That's true. Not only 7-2 but they've beaten both Pittsburgh and Baltimore twice. They're really in the driver's seat in that division now. But ... then they had to go pick up LJ and risk a DWI.

DWI? They're also risking assaults at local nightclubs, and Marv Lewis is about to get pwned on twitter!!!!

endzonewillie
11-18-2009, 03:56 PM
After 2 or 3 weeks of LJ sitting on the sidelines , twitter will light up like x-mas time with LJ comparing Marv Lewis to his dad.

Stumplifter
11-18-2009, 04:39 PM
I seriously doubt that LJ will 'dis' Marvin Lewis.
Lewis has a way with players that gets a certain response out of them.
It is a TOTALLY different situation than what he had with the Chiefs.

I, for one, don't totally disagree with everything that he said on his "Tweet". At one time, yes, I liked LJ. And I also appreciate everything he did for the Chiefs. He had some personal issues, but BIG DEAL. So does EVERYONE. Not that everyones issues are spitting on women at nightclubs, but whatever. Or saying a couple of things that the alternate lifestyle folks deemed as offensive. I guess he's got bigger issues than most of us.
He now finds himself on a playoff contention team that consists of players 'buying in' to what the coach is selling.
I guess the last laugh will be on the Chiefs.... or Haley and Pioli to be exact.

I seriously wish Pioli would have hired a coach that had a proven track record. Not someone that had a couple of good years as an offensive coordinator with Kurt Warner, Anquan Boldin, and Larry Fitzgerald at his disposal. Hell, I would look like a genius calling plays with that kind of talent.
And I could do it without arguing and degrading those players while I did it.

matthewschiefs
11-18-2009, 05:33 PM
I seriously doubt that LJ will 'dis' Marvin Lewis.
Lewis has a way with players that gets a certain response out of them.
It is a TOTALLY different situation than what he had with the Chiefs.

I, for one, don't totally disagree with everything that he said on his "Tweet". At one time, yes, I liked LJ. And I also appreciate everything he did for the Chiefs. He had some personal issues, but BIG DEAL. So does EVERYONE. Not that everyones issues are spitting on women at nightclubs, but whatever. Or saying a couple of things that the alternate lifestyle folks deemed as offensive. I guess he's got bigger issues than most of us.
He now finds himself on a playoff contention team that consists of players 'buying in' to what the coach is selling.
I guess the last laugh will be on the Chiefs.... or Haley and Pioli to be exact.

I seriously wish Pioli would have hired a coach that had a proven track record. Not someone that had a couple of good years as an offensive coordinator with Kurt Warner, Anquan Boldin, and Larry Fitzgerald at his disposal. Hell, I would look like a genius calling plays with that kind of talent.
And I could do it without arguing and degrading those players while I did it.

I dont think he will diss lewis. For one thing hes burned to many bridges to diss anther coach. You might just look at it like LJ is now on a team that has a shot to make the playoffs. But to release him was the best thing for the chiefs to do. It realy was. To rid yourself of that headace was nothing but good.

As for Haley I will continue to say the jury is not only still out but has not yet began delibrations. Pioli could have gone with a guy with a proven track record yes. But you can also look at it like if there was ever a time to see what a guy can do as a rookie coach now is the time. This time would not be good if Bill Cowher was coaching. They are far to young. And hey this team has a good shot to win more games then it did a year ago. With a more exprancied head coach. That would be a good sign. Give haley time he might just work out.

yashi
11-18-2009, 07:12 PM
Haley is making a lot of rookie mistakes, but most coaches did the same. Belichick sucked his first year coaching. If Haley gets better, then he has the potential to be here for a long time, whereas the more experienced coaches are likely only short-term band-aids.

We're at the record most people thought we would be at this point of the season and we've been competitive in a lot of games we weren't supposed to, so it's not like Haley is vastly underachieving.

I think next year Carthon will probably get the OC job and playcalling duties, so Haley will have less to worry about on gameday and should subsequently make less mistakes.

josh1971
11-18-2009, 07:24 PM
So LJ is looking forward to playing us.

Sweet.

yashi
11-18-2009, 07:43 PM
So LJ is looking forward to playing us.

Sweet.

I think it'd be funny if he spends the entire game standing on the sideline in street clothes.

josh1971
11-18-2009, 07:47 PM
I think it would be funny if he played on special teams and got blocked out of a play by our kicker.

Or got leveled by Tyson Jackson and Mike Brown

Or was serving gatorade to the Bengals cheerleaders

Or fumbled nine times........

in the first quarter

yashi
11-18-2009, 07:50 PM
The most satisfying thing would be him rushing about 20 times for 35 yards with a couple fumbles, but if we lost the game it would be moot.

Pro_Angler
11-18-2009, 08:02 PM
LJ is basically saying he cant wait to kill us on dec 27th

Canada
11-18-2009, 08:06 PM
I hope he does not get off the bench for that game!! I want to watch him squirm!!

Connie Jo
11-19-2009, 12:11 AM

:lol:

chief31
11-19-2009, 06:32 AM
I dont think he will diss lewis. For one thing hes burned to many bridges to diss anther coach. You might just look at it like LJ is now on a team that has a shot to make the playoffs. But to release him was the best thing for the chiefs to do. It realy was. To rid yourself of that headace was nothing but good.

As for Haley I will continue to say the jury is not only still out but has not yet began delibrations. Pioli could have gone with a guy with a proven track record yes. But you can also look at it like if there was ever a time to see what a guy can do as a rookie coach now is the time. This time would not be good if Bill Cowher was coaching. They are far to young. And hey this team has a good shot to win more games then it did a year ago. With a more exprancied head coach. That would be a good sign. Give haley time he might just work out.

I honestly believe, that if a coach had kept the players that were here, and added to it through the offseason, then this could have been where The Broncos are right now.

But, while I am certainly down on Haley right now, I have not made up my mind.