PDA

View Full Version : We donīt need DJ ?

Argo
11-16-2009, 01:41 PM
What do you guys think? I really like Derrick Johnson, he has leadership and heīs a play maker.

I guess what I'm saying is .. sit Demorrio Williams and let DJ do his thing.

cheers

brish
11-16-2009, 03:11 PM
Uhm Demorrio has actually played very well.. Im assuming Haley thinks he is playing better right now, than DJ.

Que all the people who will now say that Haley is arrogant and just doesn't like DJ!

josh1971
11-16-2009, 09:27 PM
I think most of the linebacking corps has played really well this season- especially Hali and Vrabel.

texaschief
11-17-2009, 02:09 AM
.... DJ.... (forehead in hand)

Chiefster
11-17-2009, 10:44 AM
I think that he will play more or not. :D

josh1971
11-17-2009, 11:27 AM
I'd love to see him out there, especially because he seems to make big plays when he is. I just can't understand what the heck is going on to keep a guy that talented on the bench.

honda522
11-17-2009, 11:43 AM
How about this...we don't bench any one...unless they are injured.

matthewschiefs
11-17-2009, 01:27 PM
I just hope that we dont let DJ go for Williams and Williams ends up being a one year wonder player.

endzonewillie
11-17-2009, 01:31 PM
Why not have both and rotate them in and out?

SAPHOJUNKIE
11-17-2009, 01:52 PM
Why not have both and rotate them in and out?

DJ is a free agent at the end of this year, and I really don't think he has earned priority as a re-sign.

He is talented - unbelievably talented, and he seems like a really good guy, not a locker room problem at all.

that being said, it isn't just Haley. Everyone knows that DJ has long failed to live up to draft status, hype, and potential. For some reason, the guy just doesn't play as well as he obviously could.

with so many good linebackers on the free agent market (d'qwell jackson, kirk morrison, thomas howard, thomas davis, karlos dansby) I think that signing DJ isn't a necessity.

Additionally, middle linebacker seems to be one of those positions where you really can find diamonds in the rough. Because it is such a mental position, talented inside linebackers don't necessarily have to be the workout warriors that garner high draft status.

That's my take, anyway. I won't lament any player that doesn't return next year. I certainly hope that Dorsey, Jackson, Cassel, Hali, Flowers, and Albert are all back, simply because it would be a VERY bad sign if they weren't. Other than that, absolutely NO ONE has my loyalty at this point.

Win games. then we'll talk contract.

DT14PRIEST
11-17-2009, 03:14 PM
That's my take, anyway. I won't lament any player that doesn't return next year. I certainly hope that Dorsey, Jackson, Cassel, Hali, Flowers, and Albert are all back, simply because it would be a VERY bad sign if they weren't. Other than that, absolutely NO ONE has my loyalty at this point.

What about Succop?

DJ is DJ , like you said, all the talent in the world and none of the work ethic or on field results to show for it.

I was really pulling for him this year but it is what it is.

pbatrucker
11-17-2009, 05:50 PM
DJ is a free agent at the end of this year, and I really don't think he has earned priority as a re-sign.

He is talented - unbelievably talented, and he seems like a really good guy, not a locker room problem at all.

that being said, it isn't just Haley. Everyone knows that DJ has long failed to live up to draft status, hype, and potential. For some reason, the guy just doesn't play as well as he obviously could.

with so many good linebackers on the free agent market (d'qwell jackson, kirk morrison, thomas howard, thomas davis, karlos dansby) I think that signing DJ isn't a necessity.

Additionally, middle linebacker seems to be one of those positions where you really can find diamonds in the rough. Because it is such a mental position, talented inside linebackers don't necessarily have to be the workout warriors that garner high draft status.

If 2010 is uncapped, DJ will be a RFA.

Hayvern
11-18-2009, 02:57 PM

I agree that there are some players that we could get in Free Agency that will help, but I also think that a linebacker in hand is better than one you might get.

Anything that keeps us focused on shoring up the offensive line is a distraction in my opinion. I would rather resign DJ than lose out on the possibility of getting some offensive line help.

SAPHOJUNKIE
11-18-2009, 09:37 PM
What about Succop?

DJ is DJ , like you said, all the talent in the world and none of the work ethic or on field results to show for it.

I was really pulling for him this year but it is what it is.

Yes, succop.

And, of course, the best player on our team, Dustin Colquit.

that's right. He's the best player on our team. Seriously. Not only is he the best on our team, he's probably the best or one of the top two or three, at his position in the whole league.

SAPHOJUNKIE
11-18-2009, 09:52 PM
I agree that there are some players that we could get in Free Agency that will help, but I also think that a linebacker in hand is better than one you might get.

Anything that keeps us focused on shoring up the offensive line is a distraction in my opinion. I would rather resign DJ than lose out on the possibility of getting some offensive line help.

I can get on that train.

If we used our first four picks on offensive line, I wouldn't bemoan it.

In fact, the only player who we could take in the first round is Eric Berry (possibly Taylor Mays, depending where we pick). Other than that, any wide receiver is going to take too long to payoff.

Offensive line is the most immediate need we have, and will have the quickest dividends paid.

Chiefster
11-18-2009, 10:59 PM
I think he will be resigned...or not. :D

AussieChiefsFan
11-20-2009, 05:37 PM
Ive always been fond of DJ he's one of my favorites Defensive players.

imcorrect
11-20-2009, 06:23 PM
Johnathan Belcher is our Star ILB of the future. Forget DJ.

yashi
11-20-2009, 06:40 PM
I'm guessing we put a 2nd round tender on DJ this offseason and see if there are any takers.

slimdagreat
11-23-2009, 03:25 PM
Yes, succop.

And, of course, the best player on our team, Dustin Colquit.

that's right. He's the best player on our team. Seriously. Not only is he the best on our team, he's probably the best or one of the top two or three, at his position in the whole league.

That's sad but true.

After they dumped TG, he's the only player we have at any position thats top 5 in the league at his position.

jtandcrew
11-24-2009, 12:24 AM
I still say play more DJ than Williams!

chief31
11-29-2009, 03:54 AM
I still say play more DJ than Williams!

I say pull Hali out and let DJ try his hand at pass-rushing. He is quicker and faster than Hali. And he is better equipped for coverage.

But then, I was thinking he should be put on the outside as soon as I heard the term "3-4 defense".

tornadospotter
11-29-2009, 06:51 AM
I think he will be resigned...or not. :D
I have, after much though decided you are correct.:11:

yashi
11-30-2009, 09:38 AM
I say pull Hali out and let DJ try his hand at pass-rushing. He is quicker and faster than Hali. And he is better equipped for coverage.

But then, I was thinking he should be put on the outside as soon as I heard the term "3-4 defense".

Or let him blitz more from Vrabel/Studebaker's spot. The whole appeal of the 3-4 is that at any time either OLB could be blitzing or dropping back.. but it seems like we're too predictable because Hali is usually blitzing and the other side is usually dropping back.. or blitzing very ineffectively.

I think DJ has been effective when blitzing from the middle though. Too bad he's been caught out of position in coverage far too often.

kilobytes
11-30-2009, 05:12 PM
Both Williams and DJ suck at coverage. DJ seems to be making bigger plays so we must start him. Although Williams has a ton of tackles.

Bike
12-01-2009, 09:44 AM
I have, after much though decided you are correct.:11:
And after as much thought, I've decided that you too are correct. :bananen_smilies046:

KottkeKU
12-01-2009, 01:10 PM
DJ cannot get off the blocks fast enough due to his lack of strength... so he is virtually useless as a 3-4 OLB going up against tackles for his pass rush... and we all know he is average at best in coverage, which is also the one part of Hali's game that hasnt really come around yet, understandably...So Hali is obviously the better option, and i think Hali will be on our team for many years to come now.... coaches really like him and he is earning lots of respect from opponets...

Hali is best on the edge using his fierce motor and determination to get to the QB... DJ just gets stood up EVERY time on the edge....he uses his speed as his best weapon, but at this level that just ins't good enough...

If anything, he should be a MLB bc of his quickness, he can use the whole field, but he just isnt strong enough to be a solid run defender....he would be a good 4-3 OLB tho.

2nd round picks are like gold nowadays in the NFL as you can get in most cases just as good of a player as one in the first round, for a fraction of the price.... nobody would give up a 2nd for an average LB... If Pioli can pull a rabbit out of his a$$, maybe he can score a 3rd or 4th, but i think at the end of the day, DJ just gets released and replaced by Studebaker/FA/Draft Pick...