PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with Chris Chambers

figcrostic
11-16-2009, 04:14 PM
I will be honest, I thought this guy was gonna be another sorry FA WR we pick up and doesn't work out for us this guy is a beast, he gets deeper then Ron Jeremy the guy is a threat

PawnshopMarimba
11-16-2009, 07:01 PM
And he's a good run blocker down field. I'm pretty sure I saw him make a nice block on the last guy that could have gotten to Jamal Charles on his TD run.

figcrostic
11-16-2009, 10:08 PM
And he's a good run blocker down field. I'm pretty sure I saw him make a nice block on the last guy that could have gotten to Jamal Charles on his TD run.
You are correct he helped spring Jamaal

yashi
11-16-2009, 10:12 PM
Chambers has been a great addition.

I'm kind of terrified of what kind of contract Pioli might offer him at the end of the season though since he is 31. Don't pull a Carl Peterson and sign him to a big deal Donnie Edwards style!

matthewschiefs
11-16-2009, 10:15 PM
He has defently came in and help. Help that the Chiefs needed.

texaschief
11-17-2009, 02:07 AM
He ALWAYS had amazing potential. Thank God we sucked last year and we were in a position to nab him. From what I heard, his issues in SD were "off the field" issues and had nothing to do with his talent.

I text my buddy who's a Charger fan and thanked him yesterday while I watched the game... he had a couple choice words for me... :lol:

josh1971
11-17-2009, 11:19 AM
Yep- this guy has been a great addition. If only ONE of the offensive linemen we'd picked up had been this much of a pleasant surprise.

With Bowe/Bradley/Chambers/Wade, I think that's a pretty good WR group. Note I said 'pretty good'.

We need something else to make them great- maybe an O-line that can give Cassel time to pass would make these four receivers really shine.

hometeam
11-17-2009, 12:15 PM
My football partner (super huge traitor.. i mean Chargers fan) that comes over every weekend and watches games with me was ranting about how the Chargers lost a sideline tippy toe touchdown threat.

I thanked him for the opportunity~

Seek
11-17-2009, 12:31 PM
I was one not happy about picking up, but so far... I will openly admit I was dang wrong. I was already talking about signing him up for more than just year half way through the game. Finally we have a legit #1 & #2 & #3 receiving core...

He is a dang good blocker and is getting open for Cassel and appears to have hands of glue.

loyalchief91
11-17-2009, 12:42 PM
I like the pickup of him. He has been a good addition

Crawdadr
11-17-2009, 12:53 PM
Well we are so used to washed up busts it is a natural assumption that he would suck.

shaver
11-17-2009, 04:45 PM
I will be honest, I thought this guy was gonna be another sorry FA WR we pick up and doesn't work out for us this guy is a beast, he gets deeper then Ron Jeremy the guy is a threat

I like this.

figcrostic
11-17-2009, 06:32 PM
I like this.
Thanks buddy

Connie Jo
11-18-2009, 11:49 PM
I'm was impressed by Chambers his first game with us & scoring two TD's...one of which was a stretched catch of which he easily could've went out of bounds losing balance, but I noted he kept both toes firmly planted in the endzone while stretching out of bounds to make the catch!

Hope he keeps on playing impressive like that! :)

hometeam
11-18-2009, 11:59 PM
I'm was impressed by Chambers his first game with us & scoring two TD's...one of which was a stretched catch of which he easily could've went out of bounds losing balance, but I noted he kept both toes firmly planted in the endzone while stretching out of bounds to make the catch!

Hope he keeps on playing impressive like that! :)

Chambers is a great sideline catcher, it has been his 'thing' for his entire career.

Connie Jo
11-19-2009, 12:02 AM
Chambers is a great sideline catcher, it has been his 'thing' for his entire career.

I didn't realize that, that explains why he was so impressive keeping his toes firmly embedded in the endzone, hahaha. :D

PawnshopMarimba
11-19-2009, 12:22 AM
After seeing this guy's performance over the last two games I damn well hope we DO offer him another 2 or 3 years at the very least. He may be "older", but as far as possession receivers go, that's not as much a detraction to his resume as it is for the receivers that rely on their speed to get a contract.

Long story short: the guy's playing hard. I like it.

Chiefster
11-19-2009, 02:39 AM
We're going to be relying upon him heavily since Bowe is out.

figcrostic
11-19-2009, 05:48 PM
We're going to be relying upon him heavily since Bowe is out.
which is complete BS, for getting suspended for taking a diuretic.

yashi
11-19-2009, 06:54 PM
which is complete BS, for getting suspended for taking a diuretic.

Even if it's being used to mask steroids?

Canada
11-19-2009, 08:37 PM

But they don't know if that is what they were used for. I think u should have to test positive for steroids to be suspended for it. but in the end, diuretics are a banned substance and he broke the rules.

yashi
11-19-2009, 08:42 PM
But they don't know if that is what they were used for. I think u should have to test positive for steroids to be suspended for it. but in the end, diuretics are a banned substance and he broke the rules.

I'm not disagreeing necessarily, but if diuretics were legal and steroids weren't, then nobody would ever test positive for steroids.

Seek
11-19-2009, 09:03 PM
I'm not disagreeing necessarily, but if diuretics were legal and steroids weren't, then nobody would ever test positive for steroids.

The point of banning diuretics is for Bowe's own safety. With the continues heart rate increases an athlete endures constantly, being on a diuretic dramatically raises the risk of the player having heart failure. I don't 100% recall, but I believe Corey Stringer was on diuretics.

Add the fact it there is other variables, as a masking agent for steroids and drugs. The rule was put in place, and Bowe violated it. He knows it and it not appealing it.

KCSDFAN
11-19-2009, 09:32 PM
My football partner (super huge traitor.. i mean Chargers fan) that comes over every weekend and watches games with me was ranting about how the Chargers lost a sideline tippy toe touchdown threat.

I thanked him for the opportunity~

Chambers came to SD and blew everyone away with his catches. Last year he was really good, too. This year he has not been as good and Malcom Floyd has been better. Also heard he had some off the field problems. I'm just glad KC got him and he's doing well. Chambers is a stand up guy.

figcrostic
11-19-2009, 10:20 PM
I never heard that.

Canada
11-19-2009, 10:26 PM
Then it is on the league to come up with a test that can detect steroids.

The point of banning diuretics is for Bowe's own safety. With the continues heart rate increases an athlete endures constantly, being on a diuretic dramatically raises the risk of the player having heart failure. I don't 100% recall, but I believe Corey Stringer was on diuretics.

Add the fact it there is other variables, as a masking agent for steroids and drugs. The rule was put in place, and Bowe violated it. He knows it and it not appealing it.

the point of banning diuretics is because they are a masking agent. Diuretics are commonly prescribed to people with high blood pressure. It does have an increased risk of heart failure but not a dramatic increase. Diuretics are not the only reason that Corey Stringer died. The fact that he was 300 lbs and overworked in the heat had a lot to do with his death.

drstandley31
11-20-2009, 09:04 AM
Just like Edwards for Cleveland. Had issues with that team and couldn't catch a cold. Goes to the Jets, and the last game I saw he was putting on a show. Sometimes it's just finding a fit.

AussieChiefsFan
11-20-2009, 05:21 PM
I agree, and he's also leaning towards being one of my favorite players if he keeps it up!

figcrostic
11-20-2009, 05:50 PM
I agree, and he's also leaning towards being one of my favorite players if he keeps it up!

I am making the prediction right now that by the end of the season he will solidify the number 2 spot and give D Bowe a run for his money.

bigpoppachief
11-21-2009, 02:16 AM

LMAO deeper than ron jeremy great quote

figcrostic
11-21-2009, 09:24 AM
LMAO deeper than ron jeremy great quote

The sad thing is your the first to comment on that glad you enjoyed it.

kilobytes
11-22-2009, 05:55 PM
Chambers is beast

honda522
11-22-2009, 06:05 PM
Chris chambers is who we thought he was, and the Chargers let him off the hook. :D

greg3564
11-22-2009, 06:12 PM
I too thought Chambers was a questionable pick up. I now think he is the second coming of Eddie Kennison! :fan_wave2:

Pro_Angler
11-22-2009, 06:15 PM
ron jeremy cant go that deep... but chmbers came up big for us again..and im sure he has some good info for us hen we play SD which is killin the donks right now..

Ryfo18
11-22-2009, 09:09 PM
After watching Chambers play against us this year when he was on the Chargers, I was not happy that we picked him up. He dropped a couple balls, including a touchdown pass. I was wrong though, he's been a beast.

figcrostic
11-22-2009, 10:47 PM
ron jeremy cant go that deep... but chmbers came up big for us again..and im sure he has some good info for us hen we play SD which is killin the donks right now..
Ron Jeremy can go as deep as you want him to.:lol:

Bike
11-23-2009, 03:32 AM
Who does he play for? :fatlock:

endzonewillie
11-23-2009, 04:34 AM
After watching Chambers play against us this year when he was on the Chargers, I was not happy that we picked him up. He dropped a couple balls, including a touchdown pass. I was wrong though, he's been a beast.
Maybe the reason Chambers is playing better since joining the Chiefs is the manner the QB delivers the ball. Could be that Cassell throws it the way Chambers likes or since he is in a position with the Chiefs that he is used more than he was with Miami and San Diego his mental aspect of the game is in a better place. Only Chris knows what the reason is, I am just glad he is doing it for the Chiefs.

Chiefster
11-23-2009, 11:00 AM
Chris chambers is who we thought he was, and the Chargers let him off the hook. :D

:lol:

Ryfo18
11-23-2009, 11:35 AM
Maybe the reason Chambers is playing better since joining the Chiefs is the manner the QB delivers the ball. Could be that Cassell throws it the way Chambers likes or since he is in a position with the Chiefs that he is used more than he was with Miami and San Diego his mental aspect of the game is in a better place. Only Chris knows what the reason is, I am just glad he is doing it for the Chiefs.

I think I found the reason!

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_sporting_blog/entry/view/41733/chris_chambers_believes_teams_knowledge_of_persona l_problems_cost_him_his_job

josh1971
11-23-2009, 12:16 PM
I think I found the reason!

Chris Chambers Believes Team\'s Knowledge of Personal Problems Cost Him His Job - Michael Tunison - The Sporting Blog - Sporting News (http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_sporting_blog/entry/view/41733/chris_chambers_believes_teams_knowledge_of_persona l_problems_cost_him_his_job)

This comment below the story

Earth to Chris...When is the klast time you caughta TD? 2007? Get a grip man....do something in KC before you start bad mouthing a team you didn't perform for.....

Seems *especially* funny now. :pointlaugh:

Pro_Angler
11-23-2009, 12:35 PM

Hardly i,pressive..sorry for your loss..

endzonewillie
11-23-2009, 12:41 PM
Oh well Chargers loss is Chiefs gain. This might have something to do with why Chambers is playing like his feet are on fire. Has something to prove and that is usually a good thing.

Bike
11-23-2009, 02:01 PM
Oh well Chargers loss is Chiefs gain. This might have something to do with why Chambers is playing like his feet are on fire. Has something to prove and that is usually a good thing.
Could make next weeks game vs bolts a Chambers slaughter of their db's!

josh1971
11-23-2009, 09:02 PM
I hadn't thought of that, but I'm guessing Chambers is going to be a very keyed up fella next Sunday.

Seek
11-23-2009, 09:15 PM
did you all notice Haley out on the field when he was hurt. Chambers is clearly a guy Haley wants on the team and cares for.

Vandelay
11-23-2009, 09:20 PM
By the time he gets back, D-bowe may be the #2.

figcrostic
11-23-2009, 09:38 PM
Hardly i,pressive..sorry for your loss..
I have no idea what your trying to say

honda522
11-23-2009, 11:31 PM
By the time he gets back, D-bowe may be the #2.
We need that D Bowe combo. Chris Chambers takes up 2 Db's, leaves someone like Bowe oepn.

I still believe Bowe can be the #1.

I just hope to god if they decide to move on with him, they don't just dump him off, we need to get a draft pick even if its only a 7th round.

Stumplifter
11-24-2009, 01:09 AM
This could bode well for Chambers and the boys.....
http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/kswb-cromartie-fight,0,1536026.story

Bike
11-24-2009, 06:58 AM
We need that D Bowe combo. Chris Chambers takes up 2 Db's, leaves someone like Bowe oepn.

I still believe Bowe can be the #1.

I just hope to god if they decide to move on with him, they don't just dump him off, we need to get a draft pick even if its only a 7th round.
The D-Bowe show is over imo. Another hermie to be traded (along with DJ) this off-season.

Vandelay
11-24-2009, 11:32 AM
The D-Bowe show is over imo. Another hermie to be traded (along with DJ) this off-season.
You may be right, but I hope not.
While I was really disgusted with Bowe when he got suspended, I hope he gets another chance.
It would be nice to have 2 very good WR on this team at the same time. When was the last time the Chiefs had that?

figcrostic
11-24-2009, 02:06 PM

I wouldn't be suprised if we trade him for a 2nd rounder, but I don't know if I would agree with that since I like him.

yashi
11-24-2009, 04:48 PM
LOL Bowe isn't going anywhere. And anything less than a first round pick would be giving him away.

figcrostic
11-24-2009, 05:18 PM
LOL Bowe isn't going anywhere. And anything less than a first round pick would be giving him away.

I am with you, but we gave up Tony for a 2nd rounder then next year, I wouldn't be surprised if we did the same with Bowe.

yashi
11-24-2009, 07:17 PM
I am with you, but we gave up Tony for a 2nd rounder then next year, I wouldn't be surprised if we did the same with Bowe.

Huge difference. TG, while still very productive, is 33, a tight end, and on the tail end of his career. Bowe meanwhile is 25, plays a higher valued position, and hasn't reached his ceiling yet. He's a highly productive first round pick who has produced with all sorts of crappy quarterbacks throwing to him most of his career.

Roy Williams was traded for a 1st, 3rd, and 6th round pick and he is older and less productive than Bowe.

Ryfo18
11-24-2009, 11:00 PM
Huge difference. TG, while still very productive, is 33, a tight end, and on the tail end of his career. Bowe meanwhile is 25, plays a higher valued position, and hasn't reached his ceiling yet. He's a highly productive first round pick who has produced with all sorts of crappy quarterbacks throwing to him most of his career.

Roy Williams was traded for a 1st, 3rd, and 6th round pick and he is older and less productive than Bowe.

Exactly. There is no way Bowe goes for any less than what Williams went for. Bowe is a machine near the endzone.

That said, I sure hope they don't trade him.

hometeam
11-24-2009, 11:10 PM

But is generally thought of as more highley touted, deserving or not. Also, with whats going on with him will devalue Bowe a bit, becuase general managers will have it fresh in the mind.

All that being said, I doubt we trade him, especially with the looming uncapped season.

Chiefster
11-25-2009, 01:44 AM
You may be right, but I hope not.
While I was really disgusted with Bowe when he got suspended, I hope he gets another chance.
It would be nice to have 2 very good WR on this team at the same time. When was the last time the Chiefs had that?

hmmmmm, not really sure???

Chiefster
11-25-2009, 01:50 AM

Eddie Kennison

Johnny Morton

???

figcrostic
11-25-2009, 08:07 AM

Eddie Kennison

Johnny Morton

???

Morton???? Really??? Morton??? NO!

yashi
11-25-2009, 09:10 AM
Johnnie Morton Salt's biggest year with us was 55 catches 795 yds 3 TDs. Hardly a Fitz/Boldin duo. And of course Kennison always benefited from the single man coverage with defenses locked in on Holmes and Gonzalez.

Bowe and Chambers have the potential to be a very good combo, especially with Long and Wade working the slot. I just wish Chambers was a few years younger. I wouldn't worry much about us at WR though. Haley's history as a receivers coach should benefit us there.

figcrostic
11-25-2009, 09:23 AM
Johnnie Morton Salt's biggest year with us was 55 catches 795 yds 3 TDs. Hardly a Fitz/Boldin duo. And of course Kennison always benefited from the single man coverage with defenses locked in on Holmes and Gonzalez.

Bowe and Chambers have the potential to be a very good combo, especially with Long and Wade working the slot. I just wish Chambers was a few years younger. I wouldn't worry much about us at WR though. Haley's history as a receivers coach should benefit us there.

He's probably got a good 4 to 5 years left, I don't think we need to pick up a big name WR in the draft though right now we are pretty good unless they trade Bowe, but we could use a good TE.

figcrostic
11-25-2009, 10:15 AM

He's probably got a good 4 to 5 years left, I don't think we need to pick up a big name WR in the draft though right now we are pretty good unless they trade Bowe, but we could use a good TE.

Bike
11-25-2009, 03:22 PM
1. Otis Taylor/Whoever he played with.
2. Carlos Carson/Henry Marshall.
3. Chris Chambers/Lance Long?!