PDA

View Full Version : D. Bowe suspended

lucky_lefty
11-17-2009, 01:47 PM
NFL.com Blogs Blog Archive Chiefs’ Bowe suspended four games by NFL (http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/11/17/chiefs-bowe-suspended-four-games-by-nfl/)

Kansas City Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe has been suspended for four games by the NFL for violating the league policy on performance enhancing substances. The suspension begins immediately.

The Chiefs later confirmed the suspension through a statement, saying they would have no comment.

endzonewillie
11-17-2009, 01:50 PM
Just great. Looks like getting Chambers might be a good signing with Bowe gone . Wow , just wow.

jason1981
11-17-2009, 02:04 PM
this is shocking news.

brish
11-17-2009, 02:07 PM
Wtf!!

rustic
11-17-2009, 02:08 PM
Oh, this really sucks.

I feel like we're in a better spot to weather the loss than we were for Bowe's injury before the Eagles game, but this is definitely a huge loss at a time where we're way too thin across the roster anyway.

I'm definitely glad Chambers is here.. he least gives us some more options. And I like Wade, Long, and Bradley, so I guess I'll get to see more of all of them.

- Jeff

bigpoppachief
11-17-2009, 02:26 PM
At least this will allow us to see the other WR but Geez Bowe just made a dumb move

rustic
11-17-2009, 02:27 PM
Adam Schefter reporting on Twitter:

So there it is. Now we know why the Chiefs claimed wide receiver Chris Chambers off waivers. They knew Bowe suspension was coming.

Bowe found out about his suspension earlier this month and has decided not to appeal it. He knows those are battles players don't win.

From what I gather, Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe was trying to lose weight in training camp and took a diuretic.

Argo
11-17-2009, 02:29 PM
Damn ... thats really bad news. he was dropping too many ball anyway, but he was the one receiver that commanded REAL coverage.

Time to bring back Leile or Lilly or whatever his name was.

hometeam
11-17-2009, 02:34 PM
completely unexpected.

Oh well, you have to abide by the rules of your employer, if you dont, you pay the price.

Hayvern
11-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Man, seriously? We get rid of one problem player and now Bowe starts acting up?

Great, just great, we don't need this stuff on our team!! Just don't need it, we are NOT the Raiders, yet more and more we are starting to see parallels with the most hated team in the NFL.

Bowe, welcome to the S$%t list!!!

OPLookn
11-17-2009, 02:52 PM
Does this make anyone else wonder if we'll try and trade Bowe off for some picks in the draft? I like him and think we should keep him but Haley has been yelling, threatening to trade him and they've gotten rid of other guys for doing stuff like this. Not to mention how many times has he dropped a ball that was right there with no one around him? Like I said I like Bowe and think we should keep him.

Vandelay
11-17-2009, 03:11 PM
Good grief, what a dumbass move. Trade his a$$ away and get some smart players in here.

We get a win, something positive, and now this.:lamende:

DT14PRIEST
He took a Diuretic for weight loss purposes (think the Williams duo in Minnesota). Not necessarily a performance enhancing drug but a drug that has been known to mask steroid use thus its on the ban list.

Fault the man what you will we only know the bare bones as it is.

Bike
Does this make anyone else wonder if we'll try and trade Bowe off for some picks in the draft? I like him and think we should keep him but Haley has been yelling, threatening to trade him and they've gotten rid of other guys for doing stuff like this. Not to mention how many times has he dropped a ball that was right there with no one around him? Like I said I like Bowe and think we should keep him.
Another hermie gone. Bowe and DJ should bring us another early pick...

yashi
11-17-2009, 03:34 PM
Sigh... Bowe resorted to taking drugs to lose weight for Haley. I'm both really disappointed and somewhat glad to see he's dedicated enough to the Chiefs to resort to taking drugs, in a weird way. Wish he would have lost the weight with diet and exercise.

yashi
11-17-2009, 03:51 PM
This also sucks for my fantasy team.. ugh.

Vandelay
11-17-2009, 04:34 PM
Sigh... Bowe resorted to taking drugs to lose weight for Haley. I'm both really disappointed and somewhat glad to see he's dedicated enough to the Chiefs to resort to taking drugs, in a weird way. Wish he would have lost the weight with diet and exercise.
Maybe he did it to lose wieght, or maybe he did it to mask steriod use. Either way it was a stupid decision.

wichitaj
11-17-2009, 04:34 PM
Good bye LJ, hello Bowe, just keeps on turnin'

Drunker Hillbilly
11-17-2009, 05:07 PM
What????? No crucifiction????? LOSER!!!

josh1971
11-17-2009, 05:14 PM
At least it was only something to make him poo poo and lose weight- and not some kind of steroid or growth hormone.

pbatrucker
11-17-2009, 05:34 PM
It doesn't matter what he took or why, it's disappointing. I was excited about our receiving core, things were looking up. I guess Wade won't be inactive for the next four weeks.
:beer:

kilobytes
11-17-2009, 05:37 PM
WTF DAMN **** **** ***** ****** *** ****!!!
IDIOT
WHAT THE !?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?
:sign0094::bash::sign0135::sterb184::smilie_shoot:

OH MY GOD WHY?!?!

THIS KILLS US

[
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/11/11.jpg
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/11/12.jpg

loyalchief91
11-17-2009, 06:08 PM
Real dissapointed in Bowe.

kilobytes
11-17-2009, 06:11 PM
Partially Haleys fault for making people lose weight.

So this suspension is why Bowe wasn't too happy these past couple weeks. I could see it in his expressions.

wichitaj
11-17-2009, 06:15 PM
..and with the 2nd pick in the NFL draft, the KC Chiefs select Russell Okung OT OKST, Thanks Bowe, the O Line is better for your idiot move.

matthewschiefs
11-17-2009, 06:21 PM
Makes the pick ups of wade and chambers look even better. It will hurt the chiefs but not like it would have if we didnt pick them up.

KCraised
11-17-2009, 06:22 PM
Well, so much for the Pittsburgh chances, GD it....with every gain we make, we get b**tch slapped in return...

matthewschiefs
11-17-2009, 06:26 PM
Partially Haleys fault for making people lose weight.

So this suspension is why Bowe wasn't too happy these past couple weeks. I could see it in his expressions.

Once again I have to disagree with you. The loseing weight is something this team needed. They were overweight and not in there best shape. Makes it harder to win games that way. Bowe made this mistake not anyone eles.

brish
11-17-2009, 06:31 PM
How can it be Haley's fault for making him lose weight??
Pardon me but that is just too far out.. Even for the Haley haters in here.

rodu
11-17-2009, 06:49 PM
ugh, there are no short cuts in loosing weight lardass

I wouldn't think this would get him traded, but then again, you never know with short fuze Haley

kilobytes
11-17-2009, 06:52 PM
Once again I have to disagree with you. The loseing weight is something this team needed. They were overweight and not in there best shape. Makes it harder to win games that way. Bowe made this mistake not anyone eles.
Not everyone. Bowe was no worse before this weight loss crap in fact he is worse this year it seems. He really didn't need it.

rodu
11-17-2009, 06:54 PM
Not everyone. Bowe was no worse before this weight loss crap in fact he is worse this year it seems. He really didn't need it.

He showed up for camp overweight, and he's worse this year because he doesn't have Gonzalez distracting half half the defense

Canada
11-17-2009, 07:05 PM

I know you miss LJ and think that every situation is exactly the same and shoult be treated the same way we dealt with LJ. You sound a lot like my 12 year old daughter. If u really miss LJ that much there is a site you should check out www.bengals.com (http://www.bengals.com). Enjoy!! :bananen_smilies046:

kilobytes
11-17-2009, 07:26 PM
He showed up for camp overweight, and he's worse this year because he doesn't have Gonzalez distracting half half the defense
No..he is dropping wide open passes is why.

kilobytes
11-17-2009, 07:29 PM
Notice the partially part but really Bowe shouldn't have done it period.

honda522
11-17-2009, 07:31 PM
I kinda blame Haley on this. Bowe didn't need to lose weight. Everything Haley has done for him has only made it worse for Bowe.

With that being said, Players need to step up for the next 4 weeks and prove they are worthy of being a Chief.

Eydugstr
11-17-2009, 07:41 PM
A long season that just gets longer...

Personally I won't get too negative towards Bowe. It was a weight loss drug, I'm just thankful he didn't wind up like Korey Stringer, hopefully this will be a wakeup call.

Drunker Hillbilly
11-17-2009, 07:46 PM
I know you miss LJ and think that every situation is exactly the same and shoult be treated the same way we dealt with LJ. You sound a lot like my 12 year old daughter. If u really miss LJ that much there is a site you should check out www.bengals.com (http://www.bengals.com). Enjoy!! :bananen_smilies046:
When is the last time you have seen me post anything on LJ? I actually agreed with releasing him. You break the rules....you deserve to be bashed!! Obviously your in some way biased towards Bowe because you are disagreeing with me on this. Not that this is anything unusual but when it's you, well you know the rest! Bowe is an avg receiver that got caught cheating! Period! Any player that doesn't know how important it is to watch what he is putting in his body these days just isn't too smart! By the way, your 12 year old comment is getting old. Get some new material before your next feable attempt at slamming me!:lamende:

Big Daddy Tek
11-17-2009, 07:51 PM
Chiefs Insider is pointing the finger at Todd Haley

Kansas City Chiefs Insider (http://chiefsinsider.blogspot.com/)

I could give sh!t if Bowe took a weight loss drug during Camp. He wasn't getting faster or stronger, if anything he was doing the opposite. The league needs to tone down the rules big time. I bet Pioli and Haley have his back 100%

Canada
11-17-2009, 07:54 PM

Sorry, this is the post you are defending?

When is the last time you have seen me post anything on LJ? I actually agreed with releasing him. You break the rules....you deserve to be bashed!! Obviously your in some way biased towards Bowe because you are disagreeing with me on this. Not that this is anything unusual but when it's you, well you know the rest! Bowe is a second rate receiver that got caught cheating! Period! Any player that doesn't know how important it is to watch what he is putting in his body these days just isn't too smart! By the way, your 12 year old comment is getting old. Get some new material before your next feable attempt at slamming me!:lamende:

Yes, I am biased towards Bowe...a player on the Chiefs that I like. A guy who made his first mistake. Im not defending him, he deserves the punishment and he is taking it like a man. So, why the sarcastic comments on his crucifiction? why the name calling? Seems to me like you think it should be treated the same way as the LJ situation.

Canada
11-17-2009, 07:57 PM
Chiefs Insider is pointing the finger at Todd Haley

Kansas City Chiefs Insider (http://chiefsinsider.blogspot.com/)

I could give sh!t if Bowe took a weight loss drug during Camp. He wasn't getting faster or stronger, if anything he was doing the opposite. The league needs to tone down the rules big time. I bet Pioli and Haley have his back 100%

I can't take this seriously. This is the first line in this "journalists" article

Dwayne Bowe was suspended for 4 games for taking a band diaretic

Is that supposed to mean a banned diuretic?

Big Daddy Tek
11-17-2009, 07:59 PM
This is probably a drug that you or I would take to lose weight, but because it has a particular ingredient thats banned by the league, it makes a guy like D Bowe look bad.

Big Daddy Tek
11-17-2009, 08:02 PM
I can't take this seriously. This is the first line in this "journalists" article

Dwayne Bowe was suspended for 4 games for taking a band diaretic

Is that supposed to mean a banned diuretic?

I read that blog all the time and that guy is usually spot on. Big fan.

Canada
11-17-2009, 08:06 PM
I read that blog all the time and that guy is usually spot on. Big fan.

I hear what he is saying and I normally couldnt care less about spelling, but if that is your job and u sound like a 6th grader with you spelling then I have a hard time taking him seriously. There is always spell/grammar check.

Chiefster
11-17-2009, 08:13 PM
Great, the leagues latest roids boy.

Big Daddy Tek
11-17-2009, 08:14 PM
Great, the leagues latest roids boy.

dont think so Chiefster

Big Daddy Tek
11-17-2009, 08:18 PM
I hear what he is saying and I normally couldnt care less about spelling, but if that is your job and u sound like a 6th grader with you spelling then I have a hard time taking him seriously. There is always spell/grammar check.

not like i really care, but of those words would have cleared spell check. Probably in a hurry or somethin.

Anyway, My main point is that, who really cares if Dwayne was taking something to lose weight and secondly, Haley did push these guys to do some pretty extroadinary things in a short time period.

greg3564
11-17-2009, 08:19 PM
I like Dwayne Bowe. But, if they were "performance enhancing drugs," where was the enhanced performance?! :lol: Hope this serves as a learning experience for the guy and that this doesn't happen again. I would think by now that these players should know better.

Chiefster
11-17-2009, 08:20 PM
dont think so Chiefster

Oh? Did I read the report wrong?

Chiefster
11-17-2009, 08:21 PM
Oh, ok weight loss drugs.

honda522
11-17-2009, 08:27 PM
This is probably a drug that you or I would take to lose weight, but because it has a particular ingredient thats banned by the league, it makes a guy like D Bowe look bad.
I totally agree.

Hayvern
11-17-2009, 08:47 PM
I have a hard time with this. Bowe had to know he was wrong and if he did not know he should have. These guys make lots of money, they are surrounded by trainers and medical personnel, all he would have to do is ask someone and they would tell him.

Additionally, I thinkt he idea Haley had with losing weight was to get people in shape. I think losing 15 pounds through hard work, running and working out is going to be more effective than taking a weight loss drug to get it done.

So in my opinion, Bowe is trying to take a shortcut to meet the expectations that were set for him. Perhaps this is the reason that Haley had him on the lower roster position.

In any case, this falls directly on Bowe, and he needs to own up to the problems he is faced with.

I personally have had it with him! There is an old saying we had in the Navy, it takes 100 attaboys to make up for one ahh-$#!+. He just went into the hole.

Lazeye
11-17-2009, 11:40 PM
Atlest he did'nt beat any women and make gay remarks!

tornadospotter
11-17-2009, 11:58 PM
I have a hard time with this. Bowe had to know he was wrong and if he did not know he should have. These guys make lots of money, they are surrounded by trainers and medical personnel, all he would have to do is ask someone and they would tell him.

Additionally, I thinkt he idea Haley had with losing weight was to get people in shape. I think losing 15 pounds through hard work, running and working out is going to be more effective than taking a weight loss drug to get it done.

So in my opinion, Bowe is trying to take a shortcut to meet the expectations that were set for him. Perhaps this is the reason that Haley had him on the lower roster position.

In any case, this falls directly on Bowe, and he needs to own up to the problems he is faced with.

I personally have had it with him! There is an old saying we had in the Navy, it takes 100 attaboys to make up for one ahh-$#!+. He just went into the hole.
I agree. I have not been real impressed with him anyway. To many drops for a 1 rounder that held out for more money, but maybe this will get his butt focused on developing to his potential.

kilobytes
11-18-2009, 12:09 AM
I kinda blame Haley on this. Bowe didn't need to lose weight. Everything Haley has done for him has only made it worse for Bowe.

With that being said, Players need to step up for the next 4 weeks and prove they are worthy of being a Chief.
Exactly

yashi
11-18-2009, 08:02 AM

Good points. You would think it wouldn't be too much to ask a guy who is paid millions to keep his body in shape ..... to keep his body in shape.

Drunker Hillbilly
11-18-2009, 10:46 AM
Sorry, this is the post you are defending?

Yes, I am biased towards Bowe...a player on the Chiefs that I like. A guy who made his first mistake. Im not defending him, he deserves the punishment and he is taking it like a man. So, why the sarcastic comments on his crucifiction? why the name calling? Seems to me like you think it should be treated the same way as the LJ situation.
Your bias is showing again!! Again, if it is someone YOU like, then it's just a simple mistake and he is taking it like a man yet if it is someone you don't like for whatever reason, LJ or anyone else, you take full advantage of bashing them. Yes, I said LOSER. I would have said it about anyone! You may have noticed that as time went on, my posts in favor of LJ stopped because at some point, I just thought he was being an *** to be an *** so again, I agreed with the release. If your dumb enough to put something in your body before having the league check all substances with in said product....your an IDIOT!!!! Remember, diuretics are also used sometimes as a masking agent! Not saying this is what Bowe was trying to do but it has been done. The league has a system that allows players and teams to submit any and all medications, over the counter or prescribed to be tested for banned substances. Bowe chose not to do it and now he has hurt his team with a 4 game suspension. Regardless of the reason, Bowe has affected his team, teammates, organization and the fans therefore if you are going to crucify one guy for hurting his team with a suspension for whatever reason, you can only see how it would be fair to do the same for another right???????

matthewschiefs
11-18-2009, 11:22 AM

Bowe might not have needed to lose the weight that some players on this team needed but I realy can't put this on haley. Bowe tried to take a shortcut in it and now he is going to have to pay the price for that. Drugs are not the only way to lose weight end of story. Bowe did something wrong and got caught thats what happend.

Canada
11-18-2009, 11:49 AM
Your bias is showing again!! Again, if it is someone YOU like, then it's just a simple mistake and he is taking it like a man yet if it is someone you don't like for whatever reason, LJ or anyone else, you take full advantage of bashing them. Yes, I said LOSER. I would have said it about anyone! You may have noticed that as time went on, my posts in favor of LJ stopped because at some point, I just thought he was being an *** to be an *** so again, I agreed with the release. If your dumb enough to put something in your body before having the league check all substances with in said product....your an IDIOT!!!! Remember, diuretics are also used sometimes as a masking agent! Not saying this is what Bowe was trying to do but it has been done. The league has a system that allows players and teams to submit any and all medications, over the counter or prescribed to be tested for banned substances. Bowe chose not to do it and now he has hurt his team with a 4 game suspension. Regardless of the reason, Bowe has affected his team, teammates, organization and the fans therefore if you are going to crucify one guy for hurting his team with a suspension for whatever reason, you can only see how it would be fair to do the same for another right???????

:sign0023::sign0023::sign0023:That would all make sense had I crucified LJ the first time he f**ked up. But I didnt, I gave him another chance time and time again. This is the first big screw up by Bowe. Trust me if it continues time and time again I will feel the same as I do about LJ. But thanks for the tirade!! :bananen_smilies046:

pbatrucker
11-18-2009, 03:13 PM
www.bobgretz.com (http://www.bobgretz.com) Bob has a good read on Bowe.

Drunker Hillbilly
11-18-2009, 05:51 PM
:sign0023::sign0023::sign0023:That would all make sense had I crucified LJ the first time he f**ked up. But I didnt, I gave him another chance time and time again. This is the first big screw up by Bowe. Trust me if it continues time and time again I will feel the same as I do about LJ. But thanks for the tirade!! :bananen_smilies046:
:lamende:

kcvet
11-18-2009, 06:23 PM
I heard about it on ESPN yesterday. I didn't have a clue about before then. I thought the team helped out on weight problems. dumb. when will they ever learn???

Diuretic: Anything that promotes the formation of urine by the kidney. (The word "diuretic" comes from a combination of the Greek "dia-", thoroughly + "ourein", to urinate = to urinate thoroughly).

Diuresis may be due to a huge number of causes including metabolic conditions such as diabetes mellitus (in which the increased glucose level in the blood causes water to be lost in the urine); substances in food and drink (such as coffee, tea, and alcoholic beverages); and specific diuretic drugs.

All diuretic drugs -- which are usually called, more simply, diuretics -- cause a person to "lose water" but they do so by diverse means, including:

Inhibiting the kidney's ability to reabsorb sodium, thus enhancing the loss of sodium in the urine. And when sodium is lost in the urine, water goes with it. (This type of diuretic is called a high-ceiling diuretic or a loop diuretic).
Enhancing the excretion of both sodium and chloride in the urine so that water is excreted with them. This is how the thiazide diuretics work.
Blocking the exchange of sodium for potassium, resulting in excretion of sodium and potassium but relatively little loss of potassium. These diuretics are therefore termed potassium sparing diuretics.
Some diuretics work by still other mechanisms. And some diuretics have other effects and uses such as in treating hypertension.

Read more information on a number of diuretics including Aldactone (spironolactone), Dyazide (triamterene), Hydrodiuril (hydrochlorothiazide), Lasix (furosemide), and Maxzide (triamterene).

http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=7103 (link)

Canada
11-18-2009, 06:55 PM
:lamende:Did u think that one up all on your own?

Drunker Hillbilly
11-18-2009, 07:32 PM
Did u think that one up all on your own?
Me and my 12 year old.

Canada
11-18-2009, 07:35 PM
Me and my 12 year old brain!!

Good for you!! :bananen_smilies046:

Drunker Hillbilly
11-18-2009, 07:37 PM
Good for you!! :bananen_smilies046:
Thanks for editing my post!! Such a tool.

Canada
11-18-2009, 07:38 PM
Thanks for editing my post!! Such a tool.

No problem buddy!! Anything for my BF!! :bananen_smilies046:

yashi
11-18-2009, 07:42 PM
Why must Chiefs fans fight with each other :(

josh1971
11-18-2009, 07:50 PM
Because we're 2-7, and 4-21 going back to last season, and because we have more franchise drama than a soap opera.

jb

Canada
11-18-2009, 08:01 PM
Why must Chiefs fans fight with each other :(

We arent fighting, Hillbilly and I are great friends from waaay back. We just like to argue!!

PawnshopMarimba
11-19-2009, 12:11 AM
Wow, that really sucks. I really do think Bowe's story is legit, but that's all speculation. I'm very sad to see him gone for the next 4 games.

I didn't even know weight loss drugs weren't allowed. Sounds like a mistake that anyone could have made.

Chiefster
11-19-2009, 02:40 AM
We arent fighting, Hillbilly and I are great friends from waaay back. We just like to argue!!

Can't we all just get along??? :lol:

Chiefster
11-19-2009, 02:41 AM
Wow, that really sucks. I really do think Bowe's story is legit, but that's all speculation. I'm very sad to see him gone for the next 4 games.

I didn't even know weight loss drugs weren't allowed. Sounds like a mistake that anyone could have made.

I agree.

josh1971
11-19-2009, 02:57 AM
From the sounds of it, they are not allowed because they can be used to mask the presence of other, more serious things.

Chiefster
11-19-2009, 03:00 AM
From the sounds of it, they are not allowed because they can be used to mask the presence of other, more serious things.

...Like steroids?

brish
11-19-2009, 03:16 AM
It's not a mistake that Bowe should have made.
How many times have we not heard about the Williamses from Minnesota or Deuce McAllister from New Orleans?

Its not like it hasn't been in the media lately..

Im glad it probably isn't steroids, but he still hurt his team and broke the rules..

What a shame.. We really need him, lets hope someone see's this as their time to shine.. Let's get Wade back in there..

chief31
11-19-2009, 04:36 AM

Well, I don't agree that this can be Haley's "fault".

But if I were in his place, of having been so loud in my efforts to make the team lose weight, while benching and releasing players who I didn't get along with, then I would possibly hold myself partially responsible for this.

Just out of curiosity, considering the vast number of opportunities for you to have done so, could you maybe point me in the right direction to find where you had that same reaction... "LOSER!!!" to Larry Johnson?

The act of eventually giving up on defending one guys mistakes, while reacting like this to another, on their first mistake, is hardly what most would call unbiased.

As for the Diuretic...

This could be a case of a guy trying to lose weight, that even Todd Haley's severe workout assignment couldn't get him to lose.

However, it could just as easily be a case of someone knowing that they had a drug test to pass, that they couldn't. And tried something that would help cover a poor decision.

In which case, the likelihood is that he knew that the chemical he was using would be found in a drug test. Therefore, if he was in fact covering some other drug usage, this would cast the shadow of doubt that we are discusssing. Better than being named as a known steroid user, or whatever.

But that also kinda depends upon who he saught advice from, for covering drug use.

And...

If he was covering up some other drug use, there is no way to know what type of drug it may have been.

I would actually lean toward the possibilty of his having used this to 'mask' a recreational drug, more than steroids.

And my second tendancy would be to believe that he was using it as a way to try and lose weight that he shouldn't have been able to lose.

In the case of the latter, he may actually have not known that what he was taking had any banned subdtances in it.

If he was hiding that usage from the HC, then it might be wise to hide it from the rest of the staff too. Including any medical personell.

With most steroids...

If he were taking them, then he probably would have hurt Todd Haley by now, with all of the "in your face" stuff that Haley has put him through.

Drunker Hillbilly
11-19-2009, 08:30 PM
Well, I don't agree that this can be Haley's "fault".

But if I were in his place, of having been so loud in my efforts to make the team lose weight, while benching and releasing players who I didn't get along with, then I would possibly hold myself partially responsible for this.

Just out of curiosity, considering the vast number of opportunities for you to have done so, could you maybe point me in the right direction to find where you had that same reaction... "LOSER!!!" to Larry Johnson?

The act of eventually giving up on defending one guys mistakes, while reacting like this to another, on their first mistake, is hardly what most would call unbiased.

As for the Diuretic...

This could be a case of a guy trying to lose weight, that even Todd Haley's severe workout assignment couldn't get him to lose.

However, it could just as easily be a case of someone knowing that they had a drug test to pass, that they couldn't. And tried something that would help cover a poor decision.

In which case, the likelihood is that he knew that the chemical he was using would be found in a drug test. Therefore, if he was in fact covering some other drug usage, this would cast the shadow of doubt that we are discusssing. Better than being named as a known steroid user, or whatever.

But that also kinda depends upon who he saught advice from, for covering drug use.

And...

If he was covering up some other drug use, there is no way to know what type of drug it may have been.

I would actually lean toward the possibilty of his having used this to 'mask' a recreational drug, more than steroids.

And my second tendancy would be to believe that he was using it as a way to try and lose weight that he shouldn't have been able to lose.

In the case of the latter, he may actually have not known that what he was taking had any banned subdtances in it.

If he was hiding that usage from the HC, then it might be wise to hide it from the rest of the staff too. Including any medical personell.

With most steroids...

If he were taking them, then he probably would have hurt Todd Haley by now, with all of the "in your face" stuff that Haley has put him through.
Never claimed to be unbiased about LJ soooo I just chose to not talk about him any longer since my feeling about him had changed.

honda522
11-19-2009, 08:36 PM
The worst thing about this who incedent is it is probably distracting to the team.

tornadospotter
11-19-2009, 09:13 PM
Can't we all just get along??? :lol:
NO old man!:11:

tornadospotter
11-19-2009, 09:14 PM
:sign0023::sign0023::sign0023::D

Chiefster
11-20-2009, 02:12 AM
NO old man!:11:

Who you callin a man...er I mean who you callin old! :11:

tornadospotter
11-20-2009, 02:15 AM
Who you callin a man...er I mean who you callin old! :11:
What, I forget. What was we talking about?:11:

Chiefster
11-20-2009, 02:20 AM
What, I forget. What was we talking about?:11:

Huh? We were talking about something? :11:

tornadospotter
11-20-2009, 02:23 AM
Huh? We were talking about something? :11:
Hi I am tornadospotter, what is your name? Can we be friends?:11:

Chiefster
11-20-2009, 02:27 AM
Hi I am tornadospotter, what is your name? Can we be friends?:11:

Hi tornadospotter I'm Chiefster; I like pie! :11:

tornadospotter
11-20-2009, 02:38 AM
Hi tornadospotter I'm Chiefster; I like pie! :11:
Me to!!!, I like apple, a,,, what. owe pumkin, and Ice Cream, and and and, what was we talking about?
Hi my name is tornadospotter, what is yours?

:D:sign0101:

Chiefster
11-20-2009, 02:51 AM
Me to!!!, I like apple, a,,, what. owe pumkin, and Ice Cream, and and and, what was we talking about?
Hi my name is tornadospotter, what is yours?

:D:sign0101:

:lol: Nicely done my friend!

endzonewillie
11-20-2009, 03:37 AM
Interesting reading all the posts of the thread. I like Bowe but truth be said, this is not Coach Haleys fault , it all falls on the shoulders of Bowe. A top of the league professional would never allow himself to be out of shape or over weight in the off season. Lets hope that this wakes the kid up and he returns with hells fire under his feet.