PDA

View Full Version : goodbye Kevin Sampson

chief31
08-29-2007, 06:42 PM
Chiefs Announce 14 Transactions

Aug 28, 2007, 3:33:13 PM

Kansas City Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Monday that the club has made 14 transactions in anticipation of the NFL’s first mandatory cutdown deadline. All NFL teams are required to trim their roster down to 75 players by 3:00 PM on Tuesday, August 28th.
Kansas City placed G Chris Bober, FB Greg Hanoian, LB David Hicks and WR Maurice Price on Injured Reserve and terminated the contract of WR Rod Gardner. The Chiefs also released 9 players: T George Batiste, CB Michael Bragg, DE Chris Harris, WR Brent Little, CB Marcus Maxey, TE Mike Pinkard, T Ramiro Pruneda, WR Titus Ryan and T Kevin Sampson.
Batiste (6-4, 289) entered the NFL as an undrafted rookie this season after starting 48 games at Southern Mississippi, including all 13 games as a senior. He was a three-year starter at L.W. Higgins High School in Avondale, Louisiana.
Bober (6-5, 310) has appeared in 91 career games (37 starts) in seven NFL seasons, including 48 games over the past six years with Kansas City. He played in all 16 games (two starts) a year ago for the Chiefs as well as the playoff contest at Indianapolis (1/6/07). A native of Omaha, Nebraska, Bober was a consensus first-team All-America selection for his hometown University of Nebraska - Omaha.
Put on IR.
Bragg (6-1, 183) saw duty in four regular season games as well as one postseason contest for the Chiefs last season after signing as a free agent. He initially entered the NFL as a rookie free agent with the N.Y. Giants in 2005 after a standout collegiate career at Texas A&M - Kingsville. A Lakewood, California native, Bragg tallied 36 tackles, four interceptions, two fumble recoveries and 10 passes defensed in two collegiate seasons.
Gardner (6-2, 219) joined the Chiefs as a free agent in September of 2006. He saw action in 14 contests with the Chiefs, logging two receptions for 17 yards (8.5 avg.). He also added nine special teams stops and forced two fumbles on special teams. Gardner originally entered the NFL as a first-round selection (15th overall) of Washington in the 2001 NFL Draft. In six NFL campaigns, Gardner has appeared in 90 games (62 starts) and caught 242 passes for 3,165 yards (13.1 avg.) with 23 TDs.
Contract terminated.
Hanoian (6-2, 242) originally came to Kansas City as a free agent in 2006, but has not appeared in a regular season game. Prior to his stint in Kansas City, the Syracuse alum spent time with the N.Y. Giants, Green Bay and Detroit. Hanoian was a two-year letterwinner with the Orange, logging a career rushing average of 5.6 yards per carry.
Harris (6-5, 257) joined the Chiefs as a rookie free agent in May of 2007. He played in 43 games (two starts) at Alabama, tallying 46 tackles (23 solo), 9.0 tackles for loss (-23.0 yards), 3.0 sacks (-14.0 yards), two QB pressures, an interception, three passes defensed and a forced fumble.
Hicks (6-2, 236) entered the NFL as an undrafted rookie in 2007 after appearing in 28 games for Grambling, totaling 128 tackles (66 solo), 11.0 tackles for loss (-36.0 yards), 2.0 sacks (-19.0 yards), an interception, four passes defensed, four QB pressures, a fumble recovery, four forced fumbles and a blocked kick. Hicks prepped at El Dorado High School in El Dorado, Arkansas.
Little (5-11, 193) entered the NFL as a rookie free agent with Cleveland in 2006. He attended training camp with the Browns a year ago, but was released prior to the start of the regular season. A three-year starter at Southern Illinois, Little appeared in 49 games (32 starts) for the Salukis. He caught 124 passes for 2,303 yards (18.6 avg.) with 20 TDs and led the team in receptions from 2003-05. Little also returned 26 kickoffs for 560 yards (21.5 avg.). A Kansas City native, Little concluded his prep career at Poplar Bluff High School in Poplar Bluff, Missouri where he earned all-state honors as a senior.
Maxey (6-0, 192) originally joined the team as the club’s fifth-round pick (154th overall) in the 2006 NFL Draft. He saw action in 46 games (15 starts) for the Miami Hurricanes, recording 75 tackles (40 solo), two INTs for 32 yards, seven passes defensed, two QB pressures and two fumble recoveries.
Two years in a row.
Pinkard (6-5, 259) re-joined the Chiefs as a free agent in June. He originally joined the Chiefs as a rookie free agent in 2003 and later spent time on the practice squad of the Chicago Bears in 2004. A veteran of NFL Europa, Pinkard recorded 16 receptions for 164 yards (10.3) for the Hamburg Sea Devils in 2007. He also started 10 games for the Berlin Thunder in 2004, catching 22 passes for 234 yards (10.6 avg.) with three TDs.
Price (6-0, 197) posted 202 receptions for 2,429 yards (12.0 avg.) with 19 TDs as a three-year starter at Charleston Southern. A two-time All-Big South Conference standout, Price was also a two-time recipient of Offensive Receiver of the Year honors from Don Hansen’s Football Gazette. He posted 103 catches as a junior, becoming just the seventh receiver in Division I-AA history to record 100 or more catches in a single season. The Orlando, Florida native was a four-year performer at Olympia High School, earning first-team all-county honors as a senior.
Pruneda (6-6, 317) joined the Chiefs last January after a five-year standout career at Monterrey Tech in Monterrey, Mexico. He attended training camp with NFL Europe in 2006 as a national player. He was part of a Monterrey Tech team that claimed four National Championships and was named the country’s Best Offensive Lineman three times by the ONEFA (Mexican counterpart to the NCAA).

There's our update on the Huge Mexican.
Ryan (6-0, 193) joined the Chiefs as a rookie free agent in May. He played one year of football at Concordia College in Selma, Alabama after a successful stint at East Central Community College. Ryan also competed as a sprinter in track and field for one season at Wallace State Community College.
Sampson (6-4, 312) appeared in 16 games (seven starts) in three seasons with the Chiefs. A former seventh-round draft pick in 2004, Sampson started six games at right tackle in 2006. The Syracuse product played in 44 games (24 starts) at Syracuse, blocking for a 1,000-yard rusher in all four seasons.

Do we have the depth to do this?

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/08/28/chiefs_announce_14_transactions/

Chiefster
08-30-2007, 12:30 AM
Entirely too much reading involved; I'll have to read it tomorrow when I'm less tir....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzz!!!!!

swmochiefsfan
08-30-2007, 11:53 AM
We dont have the depth at O line to do that,but what you gonna do:sign0153:

sbenson9
08-30-2007, 12:27 PM
when we get macintosh back we should do OK I think we are not going to be a dominant O Line,far from it but you have to expect some fall off when we loose roaf and shields. Turley will do alright and i think we could get better as the season moves along. we get back to where we were.

wolfpack
08-30-2007, 12:39 PM
what a flop. i dont think we have drafted a good lineman since shields.

swmochiefsfan
08-30-2007, 01:02 PM
DRAFT....DRAFT....Whats a DRAFT:sign0153:

Chiefster
08-30-2007, 01:47 PM
when we get macintosh back we should do OK I think we are not going to be a dominant O Line,far from it but you have to expect some fall off when we loose roaf and shields. Turley will do alright and i think we could get better as the season moves along. we get back to where we were.

...Agreed, well as far as our o-line can do; barring anymore injuries.

chief31
08-31-2007, 02:07 AM
what a flop. i dont think we have drafted a good lineman since shields.

John Tait.

m0ef0e
08-31-2007, 11:51 AM
John Tait.

Oh, man. Every time I hear that name, I think about him lumbering down the field with the ball in Cleveland, setting up the game-winning field goal off a defensive penalty. That was classic! I'm still laughing at Duane Rudd. :yahoo: :D

chief31
08-31-2007, 11:56 AM
Oh, man. Every time I hear that name, I think about him lumbering down the field with the ball in Cleveland, setting up the game-winning field goal off a defensive penalty. That was classic! I'm still laughing at Duane Rudd. :yahoo: :D
All I can think of, is how much I wish he were still here.

m0ef0e
08-31-2007, 12:00 PM

It would be nice, I agree.

swmochiefsfan
08-31-2007, 12:04 PM
I almost forgot about that, hilarous.

Chiefster
09-01-2007, 05:11 AM

That was sweet, and if that do-flunky hadn't pulled off his helmet before the play was over we'd have lost that game. :D

Ditto that!

Canada
09-01-2007, 10:59 AM

I was in a Browns bar for that game and when it was done, I climbed up on the bar and took a gulp from everyones beer on the bar then ran through the kitchen yelling Chiefs Rule until I got thrown out!! It was great. I also planted 50 Chiefs stickers all over the bar. They still have some of them up to this day!! :lol:

sling58
09-01-2007, 11:06 AM
I was in a Browns bar for that game and when it was done, I climbed up on the bar and took a gulp from everyones beer on the bar then ran through the kitchen yelling Chiefs Rule until I got thrown out!! It was great. I also planted 50 Chiefs stickers all over the bar. They still have some of them up to this day!! :lol:

Always conduct yourself as the true professional football fan. That's why we get along so great.

Canada
09-01-2007, 11:07 AM
Always conduct yourself as the true professional football fan. That's why we get along so great.

Being as big a Chiefs fan as I am...I take a lot of sh*t from people who know nothing about football when we lose. So I make sure that when we win, all those people realize just how much the Chiefs kick ***!! :drunkhb:

Coach
09-01-2007, 11:26 AM

Are you serious???????

royalswin100games
09-01-2007, 12:01 PM

Why did the Cheifs have to release a pro bowl calibur tackle when they knew the line was getting old? Talking about Tait brings me down.

sling58
09-01-2007, 12:03 PM
Why did the Cheifs have to release a pro bowl calibur tackle when they knew the line was getting old? Talking about Tait brings me down.

Cause that's just how we screw things up ha ha

Canada
09-01-2007, 02:26 PM
Are you serious???????

Absolutely!! :drunkhb:

zona chief
09-01-2007, 04:29 PM
If memory serves me correctly, Tait was offered more money by the Chiefs, but he chose Chicago. He wasn't a favorite by many in KC. Hell his own player broke his nose!!