PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Mock Draft 2.0

captainamerica
11-21-2009, 03:35 PM
My new Mock 2.0 - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/11/19/1164964/my-new-mock-2-0)

his will be the 2nd edition of my Mock Draft. As of right now we would pick 5th. This is a scenerio where Suh, Berry, and Okung is gone by 5th....they would be my first choices.
With the Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/KAN) 1st round selection, they choose.....

1st Rd Pick.
Rolando McClain ILB - Alabama 6'4 258lbs 4.6/40
McClain is the top inside LB in the draft along with Spikes. He is being compared to the top NFL inside LB to ever play the game.
2008 - 95 tackles 12 tfl 6 pass breakups 1int 2fr
2009 - Through 10 games - 77 tackles 10 tfl 3 sacks 2int
McClain would be an immediate game changer. He can stuff the run and makes all the tackles. He can also play in coverage and breakup the passing game. Most solid all around LB in the draft.

2nd Rd Pick.
Jerry Hughes OLB - TCU 6'3 257lbs
2008 - 52 tackles 19.5 tfl 15 sacks 2int
2009 - Through 10 games - 49 tackles 13 tfl 10.5 sacks 6 QB Hurries
Jerry Hughes provides the pass rush that we desperately need. He would be the Mike Vrabel (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/1709/Mike_Vrabel) apprentice. With Hughes on one side and Hali on the other it would change the way teams game plan against us. Two guys with big motors that strive to get to the QB.

2nd Rd Pick(b)
Nate Allen FS - South Florida 6'2 207lbs
2007 - 76 tackles 2tfl 4int 6 pass breakups 3fr 2TD
2008 - 53 tackles 2 tfl 1int 1 sack
2009 - Through 9 games - 60 tackles 1 tfl 3int 4 pass breakups 1TD
Nate Allen has been a pretty consistant threat in the secondary. He is a sure tackler and is very good at making plays on the ball. Very athletic, played QB in HS as well as basketball. Nate Allen steps in and starts right away at the FS position.

3rd Rd Pick
Matt Tennant C - Boston College 6'4 291lbs
Matt is one of the best Centers in the draft. He started 28 games straight up till the season started. He becomes Matt Cassel (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/1659/Matt_Cassel)'s new best friend.

4th Rd Pick
Rodney Hudson OG - Florida St. 6'2 285lbs
2008 first team All-ACC. Allowed just 1.5 sacks in 1400 snaps in his career. Played LG in college and Center in HS. Very good versitile guard who could play RG or LG. Also played one game at LT. Coaches believe he would be one of the best Centers in college if he played. Just recently suffered a knee injury....doesnt look serious. Could drop to us in the 4th.

5th Rd Pick
Kerry Meier WR - Kansas 6'3 220lbs
2008 - 97 catches 1045yrds 8TD
2009 - Through 10 games - 83 catches 883yrds 6TD
Kerry would provide WR depth. He is a tall guy with a big body for WR. He also has good leaping ability. A solid 5th round pick here.

5th Rd Pick(b)
Terrell Hudgins WR - Elon 6'2 236lbs
2006 - 62 catches 1027yrds 8TD
2007- 117 catches 1474yrds 18TD
2008 - 86 catches 1116yrds 10TD
2009 - Through 10 games - 100 catches 1322yrds 14TD
Was North Carolina athlete of the year in HS. Played QB and broke numerous records. This guy plays with a huge target on his back and no one can stop him. He plays at a small school so this is purely a project pick. He could be the next big thing to come out of a small school.

5th Rd Pick(c)
LeRoy Vann DB - Florida A&M 5'9 185lbs
LeRoy is picked to be our KR/PR.
2009 - Punt Returns - 28 for 462yrds 16.5 avg 3TD
Kick Returns - 38 for 1121yrds 29.5 avg 3TD
Also would not be a bad addition to our defense. 53 tackles 8tfl 2sacks 1int.

Feel free to pick my mock apart! The later rounds gets really hard because you dont know who might be available. I went 4 defense picks 3 offense and 1 special teams. I feel like through FA we can get more guys. Like an every down RB, a NT, TE, etc.

texaschief
11-21-2009, 04:12 PM
I like the Tennant pick... but with the first 3 picks going to defense at positions they don't necessarily need immediate help in compared to their O-line seems like a pretty typical Chiefs draft, so you probably hit it on the head.

Chief Tyler
11-21-2009, 05:31 PM
My new Mock 2.0 - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/11/19/1164964/my-new-mock-2-0)
[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]

Brandon Banks over Meier in the 5th round! That's where banks is projected to go right now. He could be a solid returner as well as a speedster complement to Bowe and Chambers (assuming we keep him around a year or two).

yashi
11-21-2009, 06:15 PM
1. S Eric Berry (Tennessee)
2a. OLB Jerry Hughes (TCU)
2b. LT Jason Fox (Miami)

I like the mixture of value and need going this way. I'd also like to pick up a power back sometime after the 2nd round to complement Charles. But I'm mainly thinking about the first couple rounds as far as specific players go right now.

lucky_lefty
11-21-2009, 11:10 PM
Nice mock....most mocks I've seen have Meier moving over to TE in the league

Coach
11-21-2009, 11:11 PM
I like your draft if we sign a RT, LT, RG, LG, and C through free agency.

Bike
11-22-2009, 09:46 AM
1. S Eric Berry (Tennessee)
2a. OLB Jerry Hughes (TCU)
2b. LT Jason Fox (Miami)

I like the mixture of value and need going this way. I'd also like to pick up a power back sometime after the 2nd round to complement Charles. But I'm mainly thinking about the first couple rounds as far as specific players go right now.
Yep. Browns and Lions both need qb's. So I can see Berry falling to us. If he does, I don't see how we don't take him. But I said the same about Curry or Monroe last draft...
As bad as we need offensive linemen, I don't see Pioli getting one until our 3rd pick...

texaschief
11-22-2009, 07:51 PM
Yep. Browns and Lions both need qb's. So I can see Berry falling to us. If he does, I don't see how we don't take him. But I said the same about Curry or Monroe last draft...
As bad as we need offensive linemen, I don't see Pioli getting one until our 3rd pick...

what? you might have an argument about Quinn, but Stafford? you HONESTLY think the Lions would draft QBs back to back years?

kilobytes
11-22-2009, 07:54 PM
The lions needing a QB makes no sense. Stafford has been fine. The Browns yes.

yashi
11-22-2009, 07:56 PM
I'm guessing he meant the Rams, not the Lions.

Bike
11-23-2009, 02:13 AM
The lions needing a QB makes no sense. Stafford has been fine. The Browns yes.
My bad.

jap1
11-23-2009, 03:10 AM
If the season ended today ...
we would be drafting somewhere in the range of 5th-10th. There are at least two games left that I expect us to win (cleveland and buffalo), so i expect us to be drafting closer to the double digits.

That having been said, I dont think Eric Berry or Taylor Mays will be available for the 1st pick.

In which case, I would love to see us pick up the next good OT on the board (Bruce Campbell, Bryan Bulaga or Charles Brown). What we do with the first pick probably effects the rest of the draft.

slimdagreat
11-23-2009, 03:10 PM
I like your draft if we sign a RT, LT, RG, LG, and C through free agency.

LOL and then sign a couple of backups for them, then I'd be on board.

I mean really, how can anybody watch this team and say they should pick anything other than an OL with their 1st pick? Albert hasn't panned out so far at LT, and probably should be moved back to guard, so the obvious choice would be to take a LT first.

yashi
11-23-2009, 03:14 PM

I mean really, how can anybody watch this team and say they should pick anything other than an OL with their 1st pick? Albert hasn't panned out so far at LT, and probably should be moved back to guard, so the obvious choice would be to take a LT first.

Because good LTs can be drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round, and many 1st round LTs turn out to be mediocre. I think Okung is gone to the Lions by the time we pick.

I wouldn't be upset if we took Bruce Campbell. In fact I'd rather have him than Taylor Mays, who I view as a more athletic version of Bernard Pollard. Cody would be tempting if we went on a winning streak and picked somewhere closer to 15th, even though I hate him.

slimdagreat
11-23-2009, 03:18 PM
Because good LTs can be drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round, and many 1st round LTs turn out to be mediocre.

You have significantly more luck drafting a good LT in the 1st round, than you do drafting a MLB.

Just look at the past big name MLBs, and where they fell.

pbatrucker
11-23-2009, 03:27 PM

I agree with OL, but if you study next years draft the only for sure starting LT is Okung. Everyone else has a weakness. One of the top LT's will fall to us with the first 2nd round pick, depending were we draft. One of the two top rated OG's will be available with the second 2nd round pick. I agree that we should take two OL in the first three picks though.

captainamerica
11-23-2009, 03:29 PM
You have significantly more luck drafting a good LT in the 1st round, than you do drafting a MLB.

Ray Lewis - first round pick
Brian Urlacher - top 10 pick
Patrick Willis - 11th overall pick of the first round
Demeco Ryans - First pick of the 2nd round
Jonathan Vilma - first round pick
James Farrior - top 10 pick
Dan Morgan - 11th overall pick of the first round

yashi
11-23-2009, 03:34 PM

I disagree with that.

Tackles

Jason Smith: Couldn't beat out Alex Barron for the LT job.
Andre Smith: Fat slob, injured most of the year.
Eugene Monroe: Not sure how he's doing, haven't heard anything about him.
Michael Oher: Playing RT with a 5th round pick Jared Gaither playing LT.

Jake Long: Pretty good, though overrated. I think he's given up quite a few sacks this year.
Ryan Clady: Best LT in the NFL.
Chris Williams: Not sure, but Bears OL is terrible.
Branden Albert: Not great at LT so far.
Gosder Cherilus: No idea, but Lions OL sucks and he doesn't play LT.
Jeff Otah: RT.
Sam Baker: Solid.
Duane Brown: Don't know anything about him.

Joe Thomas: Best in the league.
Levi Brown: Good.
Joe Staley: Fairly good.

MLBs

No MLBs taken in 1st round.

Jerod Mayo: Defensive Rookie of the year last year.

Patrick Willis: Best MLB in the league.
Lawrence Timmons: Excellent young LB.
Jon Beason: Pro bowl MLB.

If we had any of those 4 MLBs, I would be a very happy guy.

pbatrucker
11-23-2009, 04:44 PM
Here's my first edition!!
1st- Charles Brown, OT, USC I also like Berry and Barksdale here.
2a- Jerry Hughes, OLB, TCU
2b- Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho
3- Jordan Shipley, WR/KR Texas
4- Eric Olsen, OC Notre Dame
5- Myron Rolle, SS Florida State
5- LeRoy Vann, WR/KR Florida AM
6- Dan Doering, OG, Iowa

kcmostwanted
11-23-2009, 05:55 PM
Part of Branden Albert's problem is that Matt Cassel holds onto the ball waaaaayyyy toooo long....he did this in NE too and even their O-line couldn't hold up...he was the most sacked QB last year right??? I think B. Albert is serviceable as a guard or a RT... LT I think he still struggles.

I don't get the concept of moving guys that played Guard in college to LT in the NFL. LT is one of the hardest positions to play and even though he has quick feet and good athleticism, he also went up agains inferior D-lines. In the NFL he goes against THE BEST every week...I don't get how they expect players to transition in these situations.

bigpoppachief
11-23-2009, 06:00 PM
6- Dan Doering, OG, Iowa

I love Shipley and would be stoked about getting him as a chief as well as Myron rolle

bigpoppachief
11-23-2009, 06:01 PM
[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]

Thing with meier could also open up some new plays because remember he was a decent QB as well

pbatrucker
11-24-2009, 12:57 PM
Alright texas Chiefs fans. I was just doing some research and came across Jeff Taylor, DT, Baylor. Can't find much on him, but at 6'4" and 345 and athletic he might be worth a look. What is your knowledge of him.

OPLookn
11-24-2009, 01:27 PM
6- Dan Doering, OG, Iowa

Love the Shipley pick but not sure if he falls to the 3rd but we can hope. I'm just hoping we don't have another bone head moment where we go picking a guy that we could have got after the draft with a fifth round pick...Colin Brown *cough, cough*

pbatrucker
11-24-2009, 01:52 PM
Love the Shipley pick but not sure if he falls to the 3rd but we can hope. I'm just hoping we don't have another bone head moment where we go picking a guy that we could have got after the draft with a fifth round pick...Colin Brown *cough, cough*
So faar they are predicting 4-5, but I can't see him lasting that long. If we could get him in the 3rd he would be a steal.

SAPHOJUNKIE
11-24-2009, 02:46 PM
Personally I think we win 2-3 more games. Right now, we would be picking 8th.

With three more wins, I expect us to pass Buffalo, but not Tennessee, Chicago, the Jets, or Carolina in the rankings, which puts us at the 9-12th pick.

Okung and Berry should be long gone by then. Personally, I think people have swung the opposite direction and are now undervaluing Taylor Mays. He is not just a "more athletic version of Bernard Pollard." He's an EXTRAORDINARILY more athletic version. Yes, he tees off for the big hit, but I don't see him missing a ton of tackles. In fact, he's the leading tackler for USC.

Dez Bryant would be a nice addition as well, as long as a top LT isn't available.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see Rolando McClain get picked to replace the (depressingly) underproductive DJ.

I concur with everyone who says 2 out of 3 picks need to be offensive line. Let's not forget we could also lose Brian Waters.

yashi
11-24-2009, 03:09 PM
I'm starting to gain interest in this Dan Williams guy from Tennessee as our potential nose tackle. We might be able to get him in the 3rd round.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=72899&draftyear=2010&genpos=DT