PDA

View Full Version : Getting ripped off.

honda522
11-21-2009, 03:46 PM
So my parents have been with the same insurance company for atleast 20 year, and infact, my grandpa and grandma have been with them for what seems like for ever. Now I am on my parents account with them for now. But my insurance is rather high for the vehicles I have had. I bought my own car 2 years this November and sense then my moms name has been on it and I have been under her's.

I paid mine, which has actually be her's and it was about $350 for 6 months. Bascilly $700 a year. Recently my mom bought a new truck and my name is now on my car. It is going from $350 every 6 months to....$850 ever 6 months which is about $1700 a year. Its BS. We have never filed a claim or anything. None of us with any accident.
I guess there is good news though. Appearntly after I turn 21, which is before the next payment is do, it is suppose to go down to about $550 for 6 months.

Its still a rip off though, they are going to be lucky if I don't switch insurance companies once I move out here soon.

AussieChiefsFan
11-21-2009, 04:52 PM
here in australia there insurance companies that only charge you money for how maney KM's you drive! (in your case miles you drive.)

Here's an example;

http://www.youi.com.au/

EDIT: The only reason i know about them is because there are a lot of adverts on TV for them! ;)

Vandelay
11-21-2009, 07:30 PM
Insurance companys suck.
You pay, pay, pay, your whole life, get nothing in return.
Then if you ever do have a claim, your rates go up.
Like a good neihbor my a$$.

honda522
11-21-2009, 10:40 PM
here in australia there insurance companies that only charge you money for how maney KM's you drive! (in your case miles you drive.)

Here's an example;

http://www.youi.com.au/

EDIT: The only reason i know about them is because there are a lot of adverts on TV for them! ;)

i would be screwed...i drive atleast 40 miles on a normal day.

Coach
11-21-2009, 11:06 PM
Insurance companys suck.
You pay, pay, pay, your whole life, get nothing in return.

If you're lucky....I don't want to get my money's worth.

hometeam
11-22-2009, 09:09 PM
When you are 25 you are going to get hammered in general on insurance.

Shop around for quotes, it cant hurt.

I have 3 cars (full coverage), a motorcycle(full), and home insurance with Missouri Farm Bureau and pay around 230 a month :(

honda522
11-22-2009, 09:56 PM
When you are 25 you are going to get hammered in general on insurance.

Shop around for quotes, it cant hurt.

I have 3 cars (full coverage), a motorcycle(full), and home insurance with Missouri Farm Bureau and pay around 230 a month :(

The relief is you have muitple cars that you are paying for. I am paying for 1 and living with my parents.

jtandcrew
11-24-2009, 12:45 AM
im 36 now and pay 35$ a month! when i was 16? my parents made me pay for my own insurance which made 115$ at the time!