PDA

View Full Version : Who will win the Super Bowl?

Old_admin
08-05-2006, 12:06 PM
I know that we are all optimistic about the Chiefs season, but I thought I would start a topic about which teams have the best chance of making the playoffs and winning the Superbowl. Here are the latest lines in Vegas for the 2007 Super Bowl Champion:

Arizona Cardinals 30-1
Atlanta Falcons 30-1
Baltimore Ravens 20-1
Buffalo Bills 100-1
Carolina Panthers 12-1
Chicago Bears 16-1
Cincinnati Bengals 20-1
Cleveland Browns 90-1
Dallas Cowboys 10-1
Denver Broncos 12-1
Detroit Lions 40-1
Green Bay Packers 50-1
Houston Texans 100-1
Indianapolis Colts 6-1
Jacksonville Jaguars 30-1
Kansas City Chiefs 20-1
Miami Dolphins 20-1
Minnesota Vikings 30-1
New England Patriots 8-1
New Orleans Saints 85-1
New York Giants 16-1
New York Jets 90-1
Oakland Raiders 90-1
Philadelphia Eagles 20-1
Pittsburgh Steelers 10-1
San Diego Chargers 18-1
San Francisco 49ers 190-1
Seattle Seahawks 10-1
St Louis Rams 60-1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 30-1
Tennessee Titans 100-1
Washington Redskins 14-1

My favorites this year include: Arizona, Carolina, Dallas, Denver, Indy, KC, Jax, Giants, Redskins, Patriots.

My surprise team this year: New Orleans Saints.

Chiefster
08-05-2006, 01:05 PM
Wow with the 49ers at 190-1, Titans 100-1, Texans 100-1 (Next weeks opponent) Bills 100-1, Jets, Raider, and Browns 90-1; 20-1 sounds pretty respectable.

The Homer inside me says the Chiefs are gonna kick butt and win it all.

The realist inside me is optimistically guarded.

Chiefster
08-07-2006, 02:24 PM
Chiefs new depth chart:

http://www.kcchiefs.com/depth_chart/

Old_admin
08-07-2006, 10:51 PM
That depth chart looks pretty good on paper.

Chiefster
08-07-2006, 11:51 PM
admin wrote:
That depth chart looks pretty good on paper.

The key word there is "on paper"; we'll see how it translates to the playing field. Also an area of minor concern is that Hali left the PM practice early this evening due to an undisclosed injury to the rib area. Preliminary reports state that it is minor and that his return should be swift, however, I thought it was note worthy.

Guru
08-26-2006, 12:53 AM
I think the champion will win the superbowl. :hammer:

Chiefster
08-26-2006, 01:00 AM
Guru wrote:
I think the champion will win the superbowl. :hammer:

...Went out on a limb there. :roll: :-D

Guru
08-26-2006, 01:02 AM
Chiefster wrote:

OK. I think a team from the NFL will win the SB.

Chiefster
08-26-2006, 01:14 AM
Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:

OK. I think a team from the NFL will win the SB.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Another bold statement :-D

Nite Crowd! Oh, and don't feel ya all have to leave just 'cause I'm ditchin out. :-)

Guru
08-26-2006, 01:21 AM
Chiefster wrote:
[quote]

Nite Crowd! Oh, and don't feel ya all have to leave just 'cause I'm ditchin out. :-)

Greg went to bed.

THE SKY IS FALLING.

THE WORLD STOPPED SPINNING!

WE ARE DOOOOOOMED I TELL YA!!! DOOOOOOOOMED!!! :hammer:

Chiefster
08-26-2006, 07:09 AM
Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:
[quote]

Greg went to bed.

THE SKY IS FALLING.

Eh, false alarm I'm up again!

hermhater
11-20-2007, 05:21 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote]
Chiefster wrote:

Greg went to bed.

THE SKY IS FALLING.

[quote]
Guru wrote:

Hey Chiefster!

You never finished your thought here?

What were you going to say?

And who the hell is Old_admin?

:sign0153: :lol: :sign0104:

Chiefster
11-20-2007, 05:28 PM
Hey Chiefster!

You never finished your thought here?

What were you going to say?

And who the hell is Old_admin?

:sign0153: :lol: :sign0104:

I've slept since then; what statement are you talkin about????

...And why are you diggin up this old thread; think yer Indiana Jones or something?

The "old_admin" is the current "admin" who BTW is also "Coach". :D

hermhater
11-20-2007, 05:34 PM
I've slept since then; what statement are you talkin about????

...And why are you diggin up this old thread; think yer Indiana Jones or something?

The "old_admin" is the current "admin" who BTW is also "Coach". :D

Yep!

And this is the Temple of Doom!

:character00130:

:lol:

Chiefster
11-20-2007, 05:37 PM
Yep!

...And yer on the last crusade right??? :p

Canada
11-20-2007, 08:04 PM
Chiefs!!

McLovin
11-21-2007, 01:31 AM
Yep!

http://http://www.seatdata.com/images/venue_arrowhead_stadium/samples/sample.jpghttp://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/11/194.jpg

FYR, for the rest of this year at least.

chief31
11-21-2007, 02:01 AM
FYR, for the rest of this year at least.

Seriously now, do you really believe that with Kolby Smith in the game, we will be unable to match the incredible production that our running game has been giving us this season?

How does the loss of Priest and LJ really effect this team, on the field?

McLovin
11-21-2007, 02:06 AM
Seriously now, do you really believe that with Kolby Smith in the game, we will be unable to match the incredible production that our running game has been giving us this season?

How does the loss of Priest and LJ really effect this team, on the field?
The one thing that LJ and Priest have given us consistently this year is the thought that at any given time either of them was possible to break loose and have a huge game. I would even say most teams figured it was bound to happen. Stacking the box with 9 on LJ, now with Kolby in and this pathetic excuse for a throw rug we call an O line. I would bet that they could pull the d-line and double team EVERYONE. We will have NO running game at all. Forget 20 carries, you know darned well Hermie if he doesnt trust veterans to not just run the clock out at halftime that he sure isnt going to trust Kolby to take the ball. I wouldnt be suprised if we didnt get 100 yards next game. And that is against the Raiders. We my friend are screwed and the only KY is in Kyle Gurly.

chief31
11-21-2007, 02:10 AM
The one thing that LJ and Priest have given us consistently this year is the thought that at any given time either of them was possible to break loose and have a huge game. I would even say most teams figured it was bound to happen. Stacking the box with 9 on LJ, now with Kolby in and this pathetic excuse for a throw rug we call an O line. I would bet that they could pull the d-line and double team EVERYONE. We will have NO running game at all. Forget 20 carries, you know darned well Hermie if he doesnt trust veterans to not just run the clock out at halftime that he sure isnt going to trust Kolby to take the ball. I wouldnt be suprised if we didnt get 100 yards next game. And that is against the Raiders. We my friend are screwed and the only KY is in Kyle Gurly.

Well, if you believe that opponents were stacking the box, and that they no longer have to, shouldn't that help our running game?

Canada
11-21-2007, 02:24 AM
We really only need about 65 yards a game to keep on pace with what we have been doing. I am guessing Kolby can do it!

Guru
11-21-2007, 06:53 AM
Yep!

That movie stunk too.

Chiefster
11-21-2007, 12:03 PM
That movie stunk too.

My kids loved it. Ugh! :rolleyes:

McLovin
11-22-2007, 12:17 AM
This thread started as who will win the Super Bowl, and as of right now for this year, I don't know who will win, but I know that it wont be The Chiefs, Dolphins, Rams, Raiders, Jets, Falcons, or Niners. I am guessing that the Pats win it but hope the Pats don't even make it.

Chiefster
11-22-2007, 12:20 AM
This thread started as who will win the Super Bowl, and as of right now for this year, I don't know who will win, but I know that it wont be The Chiefs, Dolphins, Rams, Raiders, Jets, Falcons, or Niners. I am guessing that the Pats win it but hope the Pats don't even make it.

It's thread high jacking at it's finest. :D

Canada
11-22-2007, 12:39 AM
Chiefs

hermhater
11-22-2007, 10:47 PM
It's thread high jacking at it's finest. :D

I see you kept the sig line, without the pic of your kid?

Is Yoda really gonna make it into the Hall of Fame?

Canada
11-22-2007, 10:48 PM
Chiefs

rbedgood
11-30-2007, 12:14 AM
I don't know who will win the Super Bowl, but I have sneaky suspicion that I will book that weeks travel (flight) during the Super Bowl so I don't have to watch either Bellicheat, Moss or Owens holding the friggin' Lombardi trophy.

Chiefster
11-30-2007, 12:49 AM
I see you kept the sig line, without the pic of your kid?

Is Yoda really gonna make it into the Hall of Fame?

Nah I was having sig problems, but it's fixed now! :D

Chiefster
11-30-2007, 12:51 AM
I'm going on record right now and say that our beloved Kansas City Chiefs will go to the Super Bowl this year!
...Provided that they purchase their tickets in time.

rbedgood
11-30-2007, 12:57 AM
I'm going on record right now and say that our beloved Kansas City Chiefs will go to the Super Bowl this year!
...Provided that they purchase their tickets in time.

They can sit right next to my lame-a$$ 49ers...it'll be the Red & Gold section.

Chiefster
11-30-2007, 01:07 AM
They can sit right next to my lame-a$$ 49ers...it'll be the Red & Gold section.

Yup! It will be the most impressive AFC/NFC showing the Super Bowl has ever seen! :D

McLovin
11-30-2007, 01:12 AM
I just pray that they are careful, DT was on his way to StL for a playoff game when he was in his wreck. Dont need anything even close to that again.

rbedgood
11-30-2007, 01:14 AM
Knock on wood...

http://re3.mm-a3.yimg.com/image/2510549960 (http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fs earch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dwoody%2Bwoodpecker%26fr%3Dyfp-t-501%26toggle%3D1%26cop%3Dmss%26ei%3DUTF-8&w=502&h=790&imgurl=www.emediawire.com%2Fprfiles%2F2005%2F08%2F 26%2F277632%2FWoodyWoodpecker.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.emediawire.com%2Freleases%2F 2005%2F8%2Femw277632.htm&size=128.8kB&name=WoodyWoodpecker.jpg&p=woody+woodpecker&type=jpeg&no=3&tt=12,038&oid=cd548254a4bd6622&ei=UTF-8)

Canada
11-30-2007, 11:34 AM
Chiefs

IlovetheChiefs
12-01-2007, 12:31 AM
Cowboys and Chiefs in the Super Bowl this year with the Chiefs, of course, winning it.

(Round one: 5th seeded wild card Jacksonville loses this time at 4th seeded division winner Kansas City. 6th seeded wild card Cleveland defeats 3rd seeded division winner Pittsburgh).

(Round two: Chiefs play another close one in Indianapolis and this time, thanks to a Carney field goal, beat the Colts. And Cleveland continues to play so good on offense that they squeak past the Patriots at New England so we don't have to face them!)

(Round three: Cleveland, as good as they're playing, just can't survive the intense Arrowhead AFC championship atmosphere, and the Chiefs are headed to the Super Bowl).

Super Bowl: Dallas is heavily favored and T.O. is extremely over confident for the whole two weeks. But K.C. is the winner come game day!

hermhater
12-01-2007, 12:32 AM
Cowboys and Chiefs in the Super Bowl this year with the Chiefs, of course, winning it.

(Round one: 5th seeded wild card Jacksonville loses this time at 4th seeded division winner Kansas City. 6th seeded wild card Cleveland defeats 3rd seeded division winner Pittsburgh).

(Round two: Chiefs play another close one in Indianapolis and this time, thanks to a Carney field goal, beat the Colts. And Cleveland continues to play so good on offense that they squeak past the Patriots at New England so we don't have to face them!)

(Round three: Cleveland, as good as they're playing, just can't survive the intense Arrowhead AFC championship atmosphere, and the Chiefs are headed to the Super Bowl).

Super Bowl: Dallas is heavily favored and T.O. is extremely over confident for the whole two weeks. But K.C. is the winner come game day!

That's what I like to hear!!!

GO CHIEFS!!!!

McLovin
01-01-2008, 12:48 AM
I know that we are all optimistic about the Chiefs season, but I thought I would start a topic about which teams have the best chance of making the playoffs and winning the Superbowl. Here are the latest lines in Vegas for the 2007 Super Bowl Champion:

Arizona Cardinals 30-1
Atlanta Falcons 30-1
Baltimore Ravens 20-1
Buffalo Bills 100-1
Carolina Panthers 12-1
Chicago Bears 16-1
Cincinnati Bengals 20-1
Cleveland Browns 90-1
Dallas Cowboys 10-1
Denver Broncos 12-1
Detroit Lions 40-1
Green Bay Packers 50-1
Houston Texans 100-1
Indianapolis Colts 6-1
Jacksonville Jaguars 30-1
Kansas City Chiefs 20-1
Miami Dolphins 20-1
Minnesota Vikings 30-1
New England Patriots 8-1
New Orleans Saints 85-1
New York Giants 16-1
New York Jets 90-1
Oakland Raiders 90-1
Philadelphia Eagles 20-1
Pittsburgh Steelers 10-1
San Diego Chargers 18-1
San Francisco 49ers 190-1
Seattle Seahawks 10-1
St Louis Rams 60-1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 30-1
Tennessee Titans 100-1
Washington Redskins 14-1

My favorites this year include: Arizona, Carolina, Dallas, Denver, Indy, KC, Jax, Giants, Redskins, Patriots.

My surprise team this year: New Orleans Saints.

Wow looks to me like the 20-1's were cursed.
As far as the Playoff teams (in Blue) wonder if anyone put money on Titans or Packers 100-1 and 50-1 respectively.

20-1 for the Chiefs did they not know we had Hermie.

Chiefster
01-01-2008, 02:15 AM
New England and Dallas.

hermhater
01-01-2008, 02:42 AM
New England and Dallas.

That would be kind of cool to have 2 Super Bowl winners!

They play for 16 overtimes and then decide to just share the Lombardi trophy between the stadiums!

McLovin
01-01-2008, 02:47 AM
Gonna be hard for either team to win the Super Bowl, especially since it will be Green Bay and Indy. Maybe Jacksonville.

Chargers drop 1st round, Pats drop first game after the bye.

TO Blows up and costs Dallas a shot and the Packers go to the big game.

hermhater
01-01-2008, 02:56 AM
Gonna be hard for either team to win the Super Bowl, especially since it will be Green Bay and Indy. Maybe Jacksonville.

Chargers drop 1st round, Pats drop first game after the bye.

TO Blows up and costs Dallas a shot and the Packers go to the big game.

TO blows up how?

Yells at the team, and makes them disintegrate?

I don't get it.

I thought "blowing up" was when a dude does great?

The Pats are gonna win it, I think.

IlovetheChiefs
01-01-2008, 07:55 AM
New England and Dallas.

They play for 16 overtimes and then decide to just share the Lombardi trophy between the stadiums!

That was pretty funny! And neat also in that I've seen Chiefster reply to questions like, "Do you think they will win or lose?" with "Yes. :) " so it's applying the same humor back to him here, heh heh!

I think the Pats will most likely win the SB but hope they get upset at some point. Pitts and SD showed they couldn't play against NE (but in the lightning dolts' case it was early in the year when they were playing cruddy football). Jax is hot and so maybe could keep it close with NE. But I doubt it. The Titans don't score much points and to beat NE you need a lot of points, of course (even though Cleveland would also almost surely lose to NE, at least they can put a lot of points on the board so it's too bad they aren't in the playoffs instead). But of course the Colts are good enough to have a (realistic, anyway) chance at taking NE.

NFC I think once again Seattle is a good but not good enough team. Giants and TB should be a good evenly matched game but I don't think either one is going to get by GB or Dallas in the next round. It looks like between GB and Dallas but what about Washington? Skins are playing good and maybe the tragedy of Sean Taylor will carry them into the SB. The Skins did play two very close games in losses in Dallas and GB this year, and whipped Dallas this past week at home (albeit without TO and some other Dallas starters). But the Skins also lost to NE 52-7!

A GB at Dallas game I hope (and predict!) will be GB.

Chiefster
01-01-2008, 02:08 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

I see that clarification is in order here. I meant that I think the Super bowl will consist of New England and Dallas with New England emerging victorious thus being only the second team in NFL history to have a perfect season.

luv
01-01-2008, 03:39 PM
New England and Dallas.
I want to see NE and GB in the Super Bowl. As much as I don't really care for NE, I think it would be cool to watch a team have a perfect season.

Guru
01-01-2008, 03:43 PM
If GB gets to the Bowl, i will be forced to root for them over anyone from the AFC.

tammietailgator
01-01-2008, 10:08 PM
I would love to see GB win!!

Knee deep in cheese!!

Canada
01-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Chiefs.....we will find a way

sling58
01-02-2008, 12:16 PM
I would like to see Favre get another ring. He had a great year. I hate the Pats, I don't care who beats them this year as long as they lose.

hermhater
01-02-2008, 03:19 PM

That's the spirit!

:yahoo:

IlovetheChiefs
01-02-2008, 03:27 PM

Yes that's the spirit, of course! Please forgive me for my prior predictions. I revise it to the Chiefs and Packers in a rematch of the first Super Bowl and this time we win! :yahoo:

And also as you so wisely and insightfully pointed out Canada, the Chiefs are UNDEFEATED so far in 2008!

chief31
01-02-2008, 07:16 PM
I think that this thread was for the '06 season/'07 Super Bowl.

IlovetheChiefs
01-02-2008, 07:22 PM

I think that this thread was for the '06 season/'07 Super Bowl.

We'll find a way to win that one too, heh!

hermhater
01-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Heh!

:lol: :yahoo:

rbedgood
01-03-2008, 08:42 PM
I'll take Green Bay as the winner over Jacksonville...

How do ya like them apples?

YouTube - Apples

hermhater
01-03-2008, 08:56 PM
I'll take Green Bay as the winner over Jacksonville...

How do ya like them apples?

YouTube - Apples (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWaRulZbIEQ)

That is an interesting prediction...

I'm sticking with the Pats over the Boys.

rbedgood
01-03-2008, 09:02 PM
I like Jacksonville's game a lot for January football. I think that they'll travel to NE and will give the Patriots more than they can handle. Rashean Mathis is one of the few guys that can matchup with Moss without help. The Jags power running game can and will move the ball on the NE defense keeping Brady & company on the sidelines.

I'll take the Jags over Indy in the Championship game.

prough91
01-04-2008, 12:41 AM
I like Jacksonville's game a lot for January football. I think that they'll travel to NE and will give the Patriots more than they can handle. Rashean Mathis is one of the few guys that can matchup with Moss without help. The Jags power running game can and will move the ball on the NE defense keeping Brady & company on the sidelines.

I'll take the Jags over Indy in the Championship game.

Moss don't seem to have to much trouble with three guys guarding him. If the Jags do shut him down they have Welker and Stallworth to throw to anyway. Jacksonville's D is ranked 15th against the pass, that's middle of the pack, they won't be able to stop Brady and Co. Everyone always goes on and on about the Patriots offense that they forget the Pats have a top 5 defense in YPG and Points Allowed. Jags are 12th in YPG and 10th in Points Allowed.

hermhater
01-04-2008, 12:50 AM
Moss don't seem to have to much trouble with three guys guarding him. If the Jags do shut him down they have Welker and Stallworth to throw to anyway. Jacksonville's D is ranked 15th against the pass, that's middle of the pack, they won't be able to stop Brady and Co. Everyone always goes on and on about the Patriots offense that they forget the Pats have a top 5 defense in YPG and Points Allowed. Jags are 12th in YPG and 10th in Points Allowed.

Excellent points.

Moss and Brady are tearing it up.

Give props to Rice for getting 22 in 12 games though.

Were those from Steve Young?

rbedgood
01-04-2008, 02:33 AM
Jerry Rice put up 22 in the strike shortened 19...

1987 was the first year that Young was on the 49ers, having been traded from Tampa at the start of the season. In fact early in the season he was the #3 QB...but throughout the season he ended up playing for an oft-injured Montana who returned in 1987 from back surgery in 1986.

Young did throw the record-breaker, the previous record before Rice was owned by Mark Clayton (18)

Edited to add...Montana threw 13, Young 8, and RB Harry Sydney threw 1 to Rice in 1987.

hermhater
01-04-2008, 03:46 AM
Jerry Rice put up 22 in the strike shortened 19...

1987 was the first year that Young was on the 49ers, having been traded from Tampa at the start of the season. In fact early in the season he was the #3 QB...but throughout the season he ended up playing for an oft-injured Montana who returned in 1987 from back surgery in 1986.

Young did throw the record-breaker, the previous record before Rice was owned by Mark Clayton (18)

Edited to add...Montana threw 13, Young 8, and RB Harry Sydney threw 1 to Rice in 1987.

What happened to Montana?

chief31
01-04-2008, 06:13 AM
I have to go with Pats over the Seahags. Although the Colts would not be any surprise to me if they beat the Patriots. Of course, if the Patriots bury the Colts by thirty, that won't surprise me either.

rbedgood
01-04-2008, 10:01 AM
What happened to Montana?

Starting in 1986, Montana began to miss time due to injury...that was part of the reason the 49ers dealt for Steve Young. Montana did play in all the games in 1987, he just didn't finish them all. Young played in 8 games in 1987...Man did Bill Walsh have an eye for QBs or what? He was responsible for a 20+ year run of All-Pro QBs...too bad that jacka$$ John York came to town.

Montana 1979-1992 (really was great from 1980-1990 with the 49ers)
Young 1987-1999 (great years from 1991-1998)
Garcia 1999-2003 (played well the entire time)

hermhater
01-05-2008, 01:48 AM
I have to go with Pats over the Seahags. Although the Colts would not be any surprise to me if they beat the Patriots. Of course, if the Patriots bury the Colts by thirty, that won't surprise me either.

Pretty definitive answer there!

hermhater
01-05-2008, 01:48 AM
Starting in 1986, Montana began to miss time due to injury...that was part of the reason the 49ers dealt for Steve Young. Montana did play in all the games in 1987, he just didn't finish them all. Young played in 8 games in 1987...Man did Bill Walsh have an eye for QBs or what? He was responsible for a 20+ year run of All-Pro QBs...too bad that jacka$$ John York came to town.

Montana 1979-1992 (really was great from 1980-1990 with the 49ers)
Young 1987-1999 (great years from 1991-1998)
Garcia 1999-2003 (played well the entire time)

Walsh said the biggest regret he had in life was retiring too early.

prough91
01-05-2008, 01:49 AM

So....it's anyone's guess?

:yahoo:

m0ef0e
01-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Jags and Packers. Write it down.

Canada
01-05-2008, 09:33 PM

Can I type it?? That is who I like too

Jags and Packers....if u can beat the Chiefs then u deserve to win the SuperBowl!!

hermhater
01-05-2008, 10:50 PM

Steelers are making a pretty good comeback.

Ward scored but they overturned it.

Now Big Ben threw a TD to someone, I couldn't see his number.

Will they go for 2 and make it a 3 point game?

spiman
01-05-2008, 11:03 PM
Go Pitt--Here they RRRRRRRRRRRR--Flag-Score--
Yessss..Come back Kings-Now this is a game. Where the heck is the Chiefs? Um watching like the rest of us..

luv
01-06-2008, 11:22 AM
I'm two for two on my playoff picks, so far!

McLovin
01-06-2008, 11:26 AM
I am one for two, even though they left the AFC I still can't stand the Seahawks. With the way that Jags whooped up on the Chiefs this year, I saw them going far. Pocket Hercules is a stud. I am rooting for the Jags to make it to the Big Dance.

Superbowl
Jags - Green Bay.

chief31
01-06-2008, 04:00 PM
I think that the Jags are gonna be the same team that they always are. They can beat most teams, but when it comes to beating either of the 'elites', they won't be able to get the job done.

But I sure wouldn't mind seeing it.

nigeriannightmare
01-06-2008, 04:30 PM
Bring it on, I want the Patriots and the Packers with Brett Favre just coming up short in the end. 19-0. We may never have a chance to see it again. Bill is an awesome head coach, screw spygae, Mangini broke the cardinal rule, everyone else is just jealous because of how good the Patriots organization really is, and guess what they get a top ten pick in this year's draft. Clark should take some lessons.....

luv
01-06-2008, 06:13 PM
Three of four so far. Go Tennessee!!!

IlovetheChiefs
01-06-2008, 07:36 PM
After watching the games this weekend I think it rather strongly now looks like GB at Dallas and Indi at NE in the championship games.

Hopefully (though not probably) GB and Indi go on to the Super Bowl.

luv
01-06-2008, 08:53 PM
After watching the games this weekend I think it rather strongly now looks like GB at Dallas and Indi at NE in the championship games.

Hopefully (though not probably) GB and Indi go on to the Super Bowl.
I have GB and NE in the Super Bowl, but I agree with the picks to make it to the championship games.

IlovetheChiefs
01-06-2008, 09:02 PM
I have GB and NE in the Super Bowl, but I agree with the picks to make it to the championship games.

Yeah, prior to this weekend I was willing to consider Jacksonville and SD as also maybe being good and hot enough to beat NE. But after seeing the Jags and Chargers struggle to win this weekend, my thinking is no way are they good enough for that. Indi is my last AFC hope to stop the Pats.

But although the Giants lost twice to Dallas, sometimes the fact that a team has seen another team that frequently in the season can help them the third time because they know what they need to do by now. But I still doubt they get by Dallas.

Canada
01-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Yeah, prior to this weekend I was willing to consider Jacksonville and SD as also maybe being good and hot enough to beat NE. But after seeing the Jags and Chargers struggle to win this weekend, my thinking is no way are they good enough for that. Indi is my last AFC hope to stop the Pats.

But although the Giants lost twice to Dallas, sometimes the fact that a team has seen another team that frequently in the season can help them the third time because they know what they need to do by now. But I still doubt they get by Dallas.

I don't think you can say that they have no chance of beating NE. Look how close Philly, Bal and the Giants came. Obviously the Pats, Colts, Packers and Cowgirls are the teams to beat, but in the AFC I think the Jags and Chargers have the best shots at taking down their opponents. I am not expecting a blowout in either game.

IlovetheChiefs
01-06-2008, 09:20 PM
I don't think you can say that they have no chance of beating NE. Look how close Philly, Bal and the Giants came. Obviously the Pats, Colts, Packers and Cowgirls are the teams to beat, but in the AFC I think the Jags and Chargers have the best shots at taking down their opponents. I am not expecting a blowout in either game.

You're right. I was expecting the Dolts to rout the Titans and since they struggled today it has diminished the chance I think they have. But diminshed doesn't mean it's now impossible. Besides, any given Sunday a pro team can beat another pro team (yes, our Chiefs could beat the Pats too. Yes they really could! As you said, the Ravens almost did :) ).

I see the early Vegas lines are calling for the four favorites to win fairly comfortably:

GREENBAY 8 Seattle
NEW ENGLAND 11.5 Jacksonville
INDIANPOLIS 7.5 San Diego
DALLAS 8.5 New York Giants

Canada
01-06-2008, 09:21 PM
You're right. I was expecting the Dolts to rout the Titans and since they struggled today it has diminished the chance I think they have. But diminshed doesn't mean it's now impossible. Besides, any given Sunday a pro team can beat another pro team (yes, our Chiefs could beat the Pats too. Yes they really could! As you said, the Ravens almost did :) ).

I see the early Vegas lines are calling for the four favorites to win fairly comfortably:

GREENBAY 8 Seattle
NEW ENGLAND 11.5 Jacksonville
INDIANPOLIS 7.5 San Diego
DALLAS 8.5 New York Giants

Not everyone is gonna cover!! :bananen_smilies046:

IlovetheChiefs
01-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Not everyone is gonna cover!! :bananen_smilies046:

Let's see, based on the spreads I predict Dallas fails to cover that, and GB and INDI do cover. But NE covering 11.5 over Jax I have to think more about.

:bananen_smilies046:

Canada
01-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Sounds about right, although I think Jax will keep it close

hermhater
01-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Chiefs!

IlovetheChiefs
01-06-2008, 09:32 PM
Chiefs!

If theChiefswere at New England I bet the line would be 28 for New England and I would then predict (and bet $$$$$!) that theChiefswould beat that spread! :D

hermhater
01-06-2008, 09:39 PM
What was our worst defeat of the season?

IlovetheChiefs
01-06-2008, 09:41 PM
By the way, I would say I'd also bet $$$$$ that the
Chiefswould win the game outright, but I'm an ARROWhead not an AIRhead, heh!

Our worst defeat of the season was the Donkey game in Denver right? Just about every other game we were tied or winning at the half and still had a chance in the 4th quarter I think.

Canada
01-06-2008, 10:22 PM
By the way, I would say I'd also bet $$$$$ that the
Chiefswould win the game outright, but I'm an ARROWhead not an AIRhead, heh!

Our worst defeat of the season was the Donkey game in Denver right? Just about every other game we were tied or winning at the half and still had a chance in the 4th quarter I think.

I don't know about tied or winning at the half. I recall a lot of 10-0 halftime deficits

IlovetheChiefs
01-06-2008, 10:48 PM
I don't know about tied or winning at the half. I recall a lot of 10-0 halftime deficits

That's true there were some of those. I was thinking about that period where we lost 7 in a row (and now it's 9 in a row of course) and yet the irony was we were tied or in the lead at halftime in all of them except the game at Denver which was a disaster from the opening kickoff.