PDA

View Full Version : Linebackers

Chief Tyler
11-22-2009, 03:31 PM
It's pretty frustrating to watch? How many missed tackles from Mays or blown coverages from Williams and Belcher does it take before they put in one of the better LBs in football? I don't get what the coaching staff sees in those sorry excuses for football players.

brish
11-22-2009, 04:49 PM
Uhm, Corey Mays and Demorrio Williams have been playing pretty well so far.. They are not pro bowl linebackers, but i'd say specifically those two guys are not the biggest problem on this defense.
Mays didn't have the best game statswise today, but Williams was credited with 9 tackles and 1 assist. Not to shabby aye?

The fact that Rothlisberger won't freakin go down is the problem. Very few linebackers in this league can cover Hines Ward or Heath Miller for very long, certainly not as long as Rothlisberger has to throw..

drstandley31
11-22-2009, 05:20 PM
Maybe now we can all see first hand why Haley sat Johnson. guy couldn't cover my mother. Loved how they showed the replay of the TD when he was covering nothing, and even screened our safety out of the play. Haley will be fine, he's calling a spade a spade and it's easy to see why. I think Mays & Williams are decent on a team without much talent.

honda522
11-22-2009, 05:30 PM
On the plus side, Studebaker was outstanding. Almost had that pick 6.

brish
11-22-2009, 05:37 PM
On the plus side, Studebaker was outstanding. Almost had that pick 6.

Yeah he had two huge plays, he really deserved to get that last one all the way in. :)

I'll still wait and see what he does for the rest of the season, before I pass judgement on him. :)

yashi
11-22-2009, 05:42 PM
Mays seemed like he was constantly out of position. Williams played OK as far as I saw, and Belcher helped win us the game with that tackle in the backfield to force the Steelers to punt instead of kick a FG to win. I was really happy with Studebaker, though I didn't see him get a chance to rush the passer much.

DJ made mistakes too, though his crazy sack was huge.

kilobytes
11-22-2009, 05:52 PM
We need Vrabel back. That game we should have lost if it wasn't for the turnovers. The defense made stops when it had too but really it sucked

pbatrucker
11-22-2009, 08:31 PM
Mays seemed like he was constantly out of position. Williams played OK as far as I saw, and Belcher helped win us the game with that tackle in the backfield to force the Steelers to punt instead of kick a FG to win. I was really happy with Studebaker, though I didn't see him get a chance to rush the passer much.

DJ made mistakes too, though his crazy sack was huge.
That sack was nulified by a penalty,

josh1971
11-22-2009, 09:10 PM
We need Vrabel back. That game we should have lost if it wasn't for the turnovers. The defense made stops when it had too but really it sucked

So the interceptions, the fumble recovery, the sacks, and (to quote you) "made stops when it had too" is a sucky defense?

Sounds like a defense that kept the team in it so that the offense could make plays to win.

Which is, in fact, what happened.

Vrabel is great, but where we continue to have shortcomings is in coverage by the secondary.

Vandelay
11-22-2009, 09:32 PM
Stop saying we should have lost.
The Chiefs outplayed the SB champs. They earned the win.

Bike
11-23-2009, 03:27 AM
I still don't understand why Jackson get sniff out the ball carrier. Is he just constantly out of position to tackle or what? 13 tackles for the year? Whats he doing back there?

endzonewillie
11-23-2009, 04:54 AM
So the interceptions, the fumble recovery, the sacks, and (to quote you) "made stops when it had too" is a sucky defense?

Sounds like a defense that kept the team in it so that the offense could make plays to win.

Which is, in fact, what happened.

Vrabel is great, but where we continue to have shortcomings is in coverage by the secondary.
I 100,000,000% agree with you here. The defense did what was needed to keep the game in check so our offense could make the needed plays to win , YES I said WIN the game. The defense stopped the defending world champs who won the coin toss and got to use the ball first in OT so the Chiefs could win the game. Credit is due and the D earned it.
We should enjoy the victory. :yahoo: