PDA

View Full Version : Still not impressed by Cassel

figcrostic
11-22-2009, 11:31 PM
He made a couple great throws, but he made a bunch of really really bad throws. The guy needs to be more consistent, be more accurate, and throw the damn ball. Today he was sacked 5 times!!! Out of 5 maybe 1 time wasn't his fault the rest of the time it's like "Cassel throw the :sign0053: damn ball!" He did not win that game for us not even close, Jamaal Charles, Chris Chambers, Studebaker, and Hali stood out, Cassel did not he looked like crap the first half, then he came alive in the fourth quarter , but he almost cost us the game with the fumble, if he wouldn't have fumbled the ball we would have not had to go to overtime and we would have ended it in the 4th. The sad thing is I was really for Cassel, I thought we got a future pro-bowler and all we got is a poor mans Damon Huard, a QB with a below average arm but doesn't throw a lot of interceptions but at least Huard was able to get rid of the ball quicker this is getting ridiculous. You gotta take what you got, and some times you gotta throw it away Cassel. All in all I am impressed by our win GO CHIEFS!! but please pick up a qb in the draft that can give Cassel some competition, thanks.

Coach
11-22-2009, 11:34 PM
He made a couple great throws, but he made a bunch of really really bad throws. The guy needs to be more consistent, be more accurate, and throw the damn ball. Today he was sacked 5 times!!! Out of 5 maybe 1 time wasn't his fault the rest of the time it's like "Cassel throw the god damn ball!" He did not win that game for us not even close, Jamaal Charles, Chris Chambers, Studebaker, and Hali stood out, Cassel did not he looked like crap the first half, then he came alive in the fourth quarter , but he almost cost us the game with the fumble, if he wouldn't have fumbled the ball we would have not had to go to overtime and we would have ended it in the 4th. The sad thing is I was really for Cassel, I thought we got a future pro-bowler and all we got is a poor mans Damon Huard, a QB with a below average arm but doesn't throw a lot of interceptions but at least Huard was able to get rid of the ball quicker this is getting ridiculous. You gotta take what you got, and some times you gotta throw it away Cassel. All in all I am impressed by our win GO CHIEFS!! but please pick up a qb in the draft that can give Cassel some competition, thanks.

I think Brodie Croyle is trolling on our boards.

Vandelay
11-22-2009, 11:37 PM
Get off this guy.
Considering the o-line he is behind, Cassle is playing well.
Not a real good idea to change qb's after the biggest win this team has had in a few years.

figcrostic
11-22-2009, 11:38 PM
Come on man don't be a d-bag if you don't like what I have too say then tell me why im wrong, but don't throw out an insult just because I bashed on your hero.

honda522
11-22-2009, 11:41 PM
Dude, you know there is a thread about 15 down below this right?

figcrostic
11-22-2009, 11:41 PM
Get off this guy.
Considering the o-line he is behind, he is playing well.
Not a real good idea to change qb's after the biggest win this team has had in a few years.

I call it like I see it, he is not playing well, Im not saying they should get rid of him, but right now he has no competion. Brodie Croyle is never going to start for the Kansas City Chiefs. This is a business we won today and I loved it, I want to win many more times and right now I don't think he gives us the best chance at the rate he is playing. Matt has proven he can be a good QB if he has a good line and great targets to throw to that can catch anything we don't have that, we might never have the targets the Patriots have, so all im saying is he needs competition and that he isn't playing well so we need to give him some competition.

yashi
11-22-2009, 11:43 PM
I actually agree with the OP. I really wasn't happy with Cassel today, despite the stat line. He seemed so indecisive on most plays.

Coach
11-22-2009, 11:44 PM
Come on man don't be a d-bag if you don't like what I have too say then tell me why im wrong, but don't throw out an insult just because I bashed on your hero.

It wasn't an insult, it was a joke. And no namecalling. I have told you why your wrong in other posts, but I'm sick of saying the same thing. The guy has no time behind this offensive line. His WR's are guys off the street that get very little, if any, separation. The Chiefs have little to no running game, so they are one-dimensional. Cassell is playing on a new team with a new OC/Coach/Playbook. Cassell is a 2nd year QB. Sorry I guess I should have expected him to be Tom Brady this year.

I am very satisfied with his performance this year.

Vandelay
11-22-2009, 11:47 PM
I call it like I see it, he is not playing well, Im not saying they should get rid of him, but right now he has no competion. Brodie Croyle is never going to start for the Kansas City Chiefs. This is a business we won today and I loved it, I want to win many more times and right now I don't think he gives us the best chance at the rate he is playing. Matt has proven he can be a good QB if he has a good line and great targets to throw to that can catch anything we don't have that, we might never have the targets the Patriots have, so all im saying is he needs competition and that he isn't playing well so we need to give him some competition.
I have a feeling logic has no place in your arguments.

IlovetheChiefs
11-22-2009, 11:47 PM
Cassel was facing one of the best defenses in the NFL. Throwing 2 td passes and a big pass that set up a game winning fg is a good job to me. His numbers are still no Rivers, Brees, Manning, Warner, Favre, Brady. But I still like having him and think he can become very good for us, especially once we improve our oline as others have said.

And I think Cassel is probably our best qb since Trent Green. He's better than Damon Huard, for instance.

figcrostic
11-22-2009, 11:53 PM
It wasn't an insult, it was a joke. And no namecalling. I have told you why your wrong in other posts, but I'm sick of saying the same thing. The guy has no time behind this offensive line. His WR's are guys off the street that get very little, if any, separation. The Chiefs have little to no running game, so they are one-dimensional. Cassell is playing on a new team with a new OC/Coach/Playbook. Cassell is a 2nd year QB. Sorry I guess I should have expected him to be Tom Brady this year.

I am very satisfied with his performance this year.

I don't expect anyone to be Tom Brady that guy is phenomenal I would settle for good, and right now Cassel is not good. If you have a bad line and you know it you need to get rid of the ball, getting sacked loses yards and sometimes you fumble the ball, many of his throws were way way way of target, also him holding onto the ball too long is gonna get our WR's hurt like Chambers instead of getting and easy TD and looking like a hero he got his bell rung because he had to slow down and wait for the ball to get to him.

KottkeKU
11-23-2009, 12:08 AM
no Bowe either...

he had Chambers, Long, and Wade for the most part...none of which he has played with for more than 3 total games....a new playbook starting week 1 when they fired Chan Gailey (it looks like they are starting t open it up a little more now), a BAD offensive line....

Against one of the best DEF in the nfl....okay maybe a mid defense since they didnt have Polamalu who couldve been defensive mvp this year barring injuries.

But What did you expect? Cassel had a phenomenal game, no INT's, 2 TDs, over 200 yards, looked good in the 4th, on 3rd down, i mean cmon....

Youve got to be joking if you expected better than that, and if you expect Cassel to be a ridiculous QB your wrong, thats not what we brough him in for... he is our franchise QB, not our Peyton Manning...

Listen, im not saying hes every bit as good as he should be....there is still alot he is doing wrong, and alot of things i didnt like about what he did vs. the steelers, but there was a lot of things that he did well, and that is manage the offense, and lead the team...

figcrostic
11-23-2009, 12:34 AM
no Bowe either...

he had Chambers, Long, and Wade for the most part...none of which he has played with for more than 3 total games....a new playbook starting week 1 when they fired Chan Gailey (it looks like they are starting t open it up a little more now), a BAD offensive line....

Against one of the best DEF in the nfl....okay maybe a mid defense since they didnt have Polamalu who couldve been defensive mvp this year barring injuries.

But What did you expect? Cassel had a phenomenal game, no INT's, 2 TDs, over 200 yards, looked good in the 4th, on 3rd down, i mean cmon....

Youve got to be joking if you expected better than that, and if you expect Cassel to be a ridiculous QB your wrong, thats not what we brough him in for... he is our franchise QB, not our Peyton Manning...

Listen, im not saying hes every bit as good as he should be....there is still alot he is doing wrong, and alot of things i didnt like about what he did vs. the steelers, but there was a lot of things that he did well, and that is manage the offense, and lead the team...
You say that as if he won the game for us when he clearly did not.

texaschief
11-23-2009, 12:41 AM
Cassel isn't the best QB. I don't think you'll find anyone on here who expects the guy to be a superstar this year or even in the near future. However, Cassel is NOT the problem with this team. It's the youngest team in the league that lacks true leadership from a rookie HC.

I don't have a problem with ANY of the players on the team. Not even Brown or Jackson. I just think they're being exploited because the coaching staff has not put them in a position to succeed. Brown would be a successful back up. Jackson shouldn't have been our first round pick. These things aren't the players' fault.

...I digress... Matt Cassel will be an above average to good QB for the Chiefs. Your anger is not unjustified, just misguided. Cassel will be fine. It's the coaching staff that I'm worried about.

greg3564
11-23-2009, 12:44 AM
:wtfdude:Jeez, another "Cassel Isn't Cutting It" thread. How many times do we have to go over this? I'm not even going to justify a response to this. Because guys like you who hate Cassel or Pioli or Haley will never be happy. Name one QB in the NFL who could do much better.

Chiefster
11-23-2009, 12:50 AM
I'm very impressed that your not impressed, but then again I'm easily impressed. :D

figcrostic
11-23-2009, 12:53 AM
:wtfdude:Jeez, another "Cassel Isn't Cutting It" thread. How many times do we have to go over this? I'm not even going to justify a response to this. Because guys like you who hate Cassel or Pioli or Haley will never be happy. Name one QB in the NFL who could do much better.
Both Mannings, Big Ben, Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Brees, Favre, Pennington, Ryan, Warner, Mcnabb, Cutler, Carson Palmer,Romo I can keep going but you get the point there are much better talents around the league. If you said who is a better backup Qb he might be the best.

drstandley31
11-23-2009, 12:57 AM
Both Mannings, Big Ben, Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Brees, Favre, Pennington, Ryan, Warner, Mcnabb, Cutler, Carson Palmer,Romo I can keep going but you get the point there are much better talents around the league. If you said who is a better backup Qb he might be the best.
Cutler? really. after 5 picks last week, and his performance tonight, and he makes your top 10. wow. you really got this all figured out. Hell, put Russel in there too, why not.

Chiefster
11-23-2009, 12:58 AM
:lol: I love this thread!

josh1971
11-23-2009, 01:12 AM

Did you really just call the guy who owns the site a douchebag???

Smartly done...

Ryfo18
11-23-2009, 01:12 AM

LOL @ Cutler. He goes to Chicago and makes a good team worse. Cassel has come to KC and look, we already have one more win than last year with 6 to play. So since you're not impressed with Cassel, what is your solution? Trade 2 1st rounders, a 3rd, and Cassel for Cutler? I'm sure the Bears would take that trade at this point!

josh1971
11-23-2009, 01:14 AM
Romo?

ROMO?

Chiefster
11-23-2009, 01:17 AM
Romo?

ROMO?

Who??? :D

matthewschiefs
11-23-2009, 01:19 AM
I agree that he does tend to hold on to that ball to long at times. And that he does need to be more consistent But you also got to look at the fact that he is on a new team and learning a new offense. In affect He is a rookie Qb in this system. That has to be looked at. I dont think that the Chiefs need to draft a qb. Simply for the fact that there are many more postions that are more in need. If they have him battle with Croyle again or they go out in free agent market and bring someone in to battel him this offseason I would not have a problem with that and think that it would help this team. And probley cassle as well. Cassel has not been great hes not been bad. Give him a little more time, he may just may still be that pro bowl qb you thought you saw at the beging. GO CHIEFS!!!

greg3564
11-23-2009, 02:49 AM

Both Mannings. Um, Payton had a terrible start to his career and even in his current state, he wouldn't do much better. Eli isn't doing real hot right neither.

Brees- Maybe. But he's very successful because his line does this stuff called BLOCKING.

Favre- NO WAY. He is too old to last an entire season. He is not mobile and not quick. Favre would have to re-re-retire after the first half of the season.

Pennington? Puhlease! The same guy who was KILLED behind the same Herm Edwards O line in NY?

Ryan has a good line that protects him. The last two seasons he has a 60 percent completion rating. He has 32 TD's and 23 INT's. He's been sacked 31 times. Again. his O line doesn't come close to our disastrous line.

Warner? See Favre.

McNabb? See Warner.

Cutler? Completely overrated QB that most are just now starting to realize for how overrated he is.

Carson Palmer? I'll give you that. But, he has Cedric Benson ripping up yards like no tomorrow. But he plays with guys who have experience and his O line does a pretty good job protecting him.

Romo? Romo?! The same Romo who threw an almost identical game as Cassel?

Let's see-

Matt Cassel- 15/30 248 yards 2 TD 0 INT

Tony Romo- 15/27 158 yards 1 TD 1 INT

Yeah, you can keep Romo, at home, against the Redskins. A team we beat 14-6 on the road. Romo barely pulled out a win and a score of 7-6 AT HOME. Down here in Texas there is already talk of benching Romo. Seems some of your buddies down here in Texas are closely related to you.

KCINNYC
11-23-2009, 03:48 AM

The problem is you have only been a Chiefs fan for nine years and you don't know that after a win like this today, the last thing REAL Chiefs fans want to hear is lame moaning about the QB not being all you thought he could be. Enjoy the win my friend.

Bike
11-23-2009, 04:02 AM
You say that as if he won the game for us when he clearly did not.
NFL Network disagrees. And so do I. They said Cassel had a phenominal game considering the guys in front of him. He made the passes down the stretch he needed to make to beat the Suberbowl champs. I admit he needs to read the field faster and get the ball out. His number one reciever was out, and hes throwing to three guys that weren't even on our opening day roster. Cassels 4th quarter and ot performance clearly won us this game.

pbatrucker
11-23-2009, 05:31 AM
He made a couple great throws, but he made a bunch of really really bad throws. The guy needs to be more consistent, be more accurate, and throw the damn ball. Today he was sacked 5 times!!! Out of 5 maybe 1 time wasn't his fault the rest of the time it's like "Cassel throw the god damn ball!" He did not win that game for us not even close, Jamaal Charles, Chris Chambers, Studebaker, and Hali stood out, Cassel did not he looked like crap the first half, then he came alive in the fourth quarter , but he almost cost us the game with the fumble, if he wouldn't have fumbled the ball we would have not had to go to overtime and we would have ended it in the 4th. The sad thing is I was really for Cassel, I thought we got a future pro-bowler and all we got is a poor mans Damon Huard, a QB with a below average arm but doesn't throw a lot of interceptions but at least Huard was able to get rid of the ball quicker this is getting ridiculous. You gotta take what you got, and some times you gotta throw it away Cassel. All in all I am impressed by our win GO CHIEFS!! but please pick up a qb in the draft that can give Cassel some competition, thanks.
Even Len Dawson said , Except for the turnover Cassell played well. Get off of it and admit, this team and Cassell is improving.

figcrostic
11-23-2009, 10:58 AM
Even Len Dawson said , Except for the turnover Cassell played well. Get off of it and admit, this team and Cassell is improving.
I will admit the team is improving I am very impressed with the defense and special teams, and our WR's are coming along but Cassel played like crap except for 3 or drives.

figcrostic
11-23-2009, 11:01 AM
I'm very impressed that your not impressed, but then again I'm easily impressed. :D
Im glad for you!:D

figcrostic
11-23-2009, 11:06 AM
Cutler? really. after 5 picks last week, and his performance tonight, and he makes your top 10. wow. you really got this all figured out. Hell, put Russel in there too, why not.

Cutler is not in my top ten I just threw him out there and I still think he is better right now, he has a higher completion percentage, much stronger arm, but he does throw at higher rate of interceptions.

figcrostic
11-23-2009, 11:11 AM
The problem is you have only been a Chiefs fan for nine years and you don't know that after a win like this today, the last thing REAL Chiefs fans want to hear is lame moaning about the QB not being all you thought he could be. Enjoy the win my friend.
So your a REAL fan and im not because I question the organization I love and you don't:lamende: I did enjoy the game I want some heat on Cassel to throw the ball and too quit being so inaccurate with his throws.

Bike
11-23-2009, 11:13 AM
So your a REAL fan and im not because I question the organization I love and you don't:lamende: I did enjoy the game I want some heat on Cassel to throw the ball and too quit being so inaccurate with his throws.
I question this teams decisions all the time. Cassel just ain't one of 'em. To each their own I guess.

figcrostic
11-23-2009, 11:32 AM
Both Mannings. Um, Payton had a terrible start to his career and even in his current state, he wouldn't do much better. Eli isn't doing real hot right neither.

Brees- Maybe. But he's very successful because his line does this stuff called BLOCKING.

Favre- NO WAY. He is too old to last an entire season. He is not mobile and not quick. Favre would have to re-re-retire after the first half of the season.

Pennington? Puhlease! The same guy who was KILLED behind the same Herm Edwards O line in NY?

Ryan has a good line that protects him. The last two seasons he has a 60 percent completion rating. He has 32 TD's and 23 INT's. He's been sacked 31 times. Again. his O line doesn't come close to our disastrous line.

Warner? See Favre.

McNabb? See Warner.

Cutler? Completely overrated QB that most are just now starting to realize for how overrated he is.

Carson Palmer? I'll give you that. But, he has Cedric Benson ripping up yards like no tomorrow. But he plays with guys who have experience and his O line does a pretty good job protecting him.

Let's see-

Yeah, you can keep Romo, at home, against the Redskins. A team we beat 14-6 on the road. Romo barely pulled out a win and a score of 7-6 AT HOME. Down here in Texas there is already talk of benching Romo. Seems some of your buddies down here in Texas are closely related to you.

Brees: Is a maybe? 68 percent completion rate 22 td's only 9 interceptions your nutty.
Peyton: 3200 yards so far 21 td's and only 9 interceptions and almost 69.8 percent completion rate if this is terrible, I want terrible.

Eli:I actually hate Eli but 18 td's only 9 int and 60 percent completion rate is far superior too Cassel

Favre: Gets rid of the ball much quicker then Cassel has a much much stronger arm 69.7 percent completion rate 21 td's and only 3 interceptions lower then Cassel in interceptions and much higher in TD's

Pennington: One of the most accurate QB's of all time in 10 seasons 66.1 completion rate

Ryan:Big arm he is having a sophmore slump but he still have a 59.3 completion which is higher then Cassel and he gets rid of the ball much quicker

Warner: 67.5 completion rate 20 td's 11 interceptions not bad for an old man and a stronger arm then Cassel

McNabb: has a stronger arm he's a big guy that can take a hit and break tackles 61 percent completion rate which isn't great but better then Cassel so i'd take him right now

Cutler: already explained in another post why he's better

Carson: you gave me him

Romo: He has never in his 4 years playing had under 60 percent completion rate Cassel right now 55 I don't like Romo but he has a better arm better vision and he gets rid of the ball much much quicker.

Listen I don't hate Cassel he just has not been playing good at all, I really hope he gets better I want him to be a winner but right now I just don't see it.

Chiefster
11-23-2009, 11:53 AM
Im glad for you!:D

I'm glad for me too. :yahoo: :D

yashi
11-23-2009, 12:00 PM
Cassel was sacked 37 times in his first 11 starts last season with the Patriots.

He's been sacked 34 times in 9 starts this season. That's really not that big of a difference. He doesn't get rid of the ball fast enough.

I like Cassel. He's a great leader and has a good presence about him. He carries himself well, unlike guys like Jay Cutler and JaMarcus Russell. But he doesn't have a strong arm and can be very indecisive in the pocket. I think regardless of how good our OL ever becomes, he will still take a lot of sacks. You can have all day to throw, but if you stand around in the pocket you're still going to get sacked at some point.

I'm still positive about the future with him because he's doing alright with almost no talent around him. I just doubt that he has to the physical tools to ever be an elite quarterback.

figcrostic
11-23-2009, 12:05 PM
Cassel was sacked 37 times in his first 11 starts last season with the Patriots.

He's been sacked 34 times in 9 starts this season. That's really not that big of a difference. He doesn't get rid of the ball fast enough.

I like Cassel. He's a great leader and has a good presence about him. He carries himself well, unlike guys like Jay Cutler and JaMarcus Russell. But he doesn't have a strong arm and can be very indecisive in the pocket. I think regardless of how good our OL ever becomes, he will still take a lot of sacks. You can have all day to throw, but if you stand around in the pocket you're still going to get sacked at some point.

I'm still positive about the future with him because he's doing alright with almost no talent around him. I just doubt that he has to the physical tools to ever be an elite quarterback.
Your right that's not a big difference so it must mean it's his fault. I honestly don't know if he's a good leader he seems to talk to his guys which is good, but then he gets sacked because he holds onto the ball too long, I think he thought when they told him they were trading him to the Chiefs he accidentally picked up the tapes of our line from 2003 instead of 2008, sorry Cassel we don't have Willie Roaf, Shields, Casey Wiegman, or Jason Dunn anymore

SIC J
11-23-2009, 12:22 PM

Warner? See Favre.

McNabb? See Warner.

Let's see-

So according to you, pretty much every "good" QB in the NFL sucks.

Bike
11-23-2009, 12:28 PM
Manning, Favre, Brees all having outstanding years. If MVP was given out today, I'd give it to Manning. He is doing the most with the least of the 3 I mentioned imo...

yashi
11-23-2009, 12:36 PM
Manning, Favre, Brees all having outstanding years. If MVP was given out today, I'd give it to Manning. He is doing the most with the least of the 3 I mentioned imo...

I would too, but Favre has to be way up there because he and Harvin are the only players they really added. 21 TDs to 3 INTs is phenomenal. Brees is great as always, but he's had a ton of help this year with a vastly improved defense and a very good running game.

Bike
11-23-2009, 12:46 PM
I would too, but Favre has to be way up there because he and Harvin are the only players they really added. 21 TDs to 3 INTs is phenomenal. Brees is great as always, but he's had a ton of help this year with a vastly improved defense and a very good running game.
I'm secretly rooting for Favre. But I like old dudes still doing it! (Mark Martin fan).

Eydugstr
11-23-2009, 12:54 PM

:lol:

If it ain't broke...don't fix it.

greg3564
11-23-2009, 02:18 PM
So according to you, pretty much every "good" QB in the NFL sucks.

Nope. I'm saying every good QB would perform poorly here. We have subpar WR's who drop perfectly thrown balls, no running game and one of the worst O lines in the NFL. When you are a QB who is constantly running for your life on almost every down, it's awfully hard to do anything at all.

yashi
11-23-2009, 02:53 PM
I'm secretly rooting for Favre. But I like old dudes still doing it! (Mark Martin fan).

V!agra is a wonderful drug.

Wait, what?

Bike
11-23-2009, 02:55 PM
Nope. I'm saying every good QB would perform poorly here. We have subpar WR's who drop perfectly thrown balls, no running game and one of the worst O lines in the NFL. When you are a QB who is constantly running for your life on almost every down, it's awfully hard to do anything at all.
I DO think we have a running game with JC. I DO think we have an "above par" WR in Chambers.
1 out of 3 is "subpar" imo.

slimdagreat
11-23-2009, 04:14 PM
With what Cassel has to work with in terms of an inept Head coach, and probably the worst OL in the league, he's actually playing better than I expected him to

figcrostic
11-23-2009, 08:02 PM
Im with you man, I don't know why everyone hates him he is a very gifted individual, who still in his 40's can out play about anyone.

figcrostic
11-23-2009, 08:08 PM
I think our WR's are at least average if not better, who are you comparing them to? Because Bowe, Chambers,Wade, and Bradley are all pretty decent. Also Cassel is hardly running for his life he just sits there like a statue, he has poor awareness, that's why Thigpen didn't get sacked as much with the same line, and No I AM NOT SAYING THIGPEN IS BETTER.I am honestly starting to believe what all the nay sayers said about Cassel, that he is a system QB. He played good with a good team, he plays bad with a bad team. If you have a brillian Coach like Bellichick and a rediculous WR core like Moss and Welker you could take a dud at QB and make them a stud.

greg3564
11-23-2009, 08:41 PM
I think our WR's are at least average if not better, who are you comparing them to? Because Bowe, Chambers,Wade, and Bradley are all pretty decent. Also Cassel is hardly running for his life he just sits there like a statue, he has poor awareness, that's why Thigpen didn't get sacked as much with the same line, and No I AM NOT SAYING THIGPEN IS BETTER.I am honestly starting to believe what all the nay sayers said about Cassel, that he is a system QB. He played good with a good team, he plays bad with a bad team. If you have a brillian Coach like Bellichick and a rediculous WR core like Moss and Welker you could take a dud at QB and make them a stud.

That is what I'm saying. How can you expect Cassel to play at the same level as he did in NE without the weapons? Is he a top flight Qb like a Manning or favre? I don't know. It's too early to say. Do I think he could be a franchise QB if given the proper tools? Yes.

greg3564
11-23-2009, 08:51 PM
I DO think we have a running game with JC. I DO think we have an "above par" WR in Chambers.
1 out of 3 is "subpar" imo.

You won't find a bigger Jamaal Charles fan than me. That being said, he would be even more explosive if he had a decent line. The guy is a stud and I have been in the minority here when everyone else was saying he wasn't an every down back or starting RB material.

Our WR's are average. Sorry, but even Bowe is having an average season, which was made worse by his suspension. Chambers is very good, but his years are numbered due to his age. Bowe is ranked 40th in receptions and 41st in yards. Chambers was a short term, good solution.

figcrostic
11-23-2009, 10:13 PM
That is what I'm saying. How can you expect Cassel to play at the same level as he did in NE without the weapons? Is he a top flight Qb like a Manning or favre? I don't know. It's too early to say. Do I think he could be a franchise QB if given the proper tools? Yes.
True he would play bette with a better team, but he was also one of the most sacked QB's with a much better line a people that got open easier.I honestly think Tyler Thigpen could have won 8 or 9 games with that team.

Argo
11-23-2009, 11:14 PM

hahaha being called Brodie Croyle sure is an Insult :lol:

But in all seriousness, Cassel might not be ELITE, but he doesn't turn the ball and thats good enough for me, has shown great arm in both short and long range. Besides, we need to cut him some slack until he learns to play with the 10+ wideouts and TE that play with him.

On the downside he canīt get rid of incoming bandits and seems to have some trouble with clock management.

I like the guy, lets get some talent around him before judging him to harshly.

Cheers

Stumplifter
11-23-2009, 11:56 PM
I've gotta admit, at half time of this last game I came on this forum and actually voiced my opinion stating that I hoped they would put Croyle in the game. I was at that critical stage where I was welcoming ANY kind of change from what I was watching! The 2nd half of that game was a great transformation for that team.

Anyways, at half time I stormed out onto my deck and threw some hamburgers on the grill, grabbed a beer and sat out there mumbling and grumbling to myself regarding 'why do I put myself through this every week?'

Burgers got done and I came into the house (I could still hear the game on the TV, but I wasn't in the room watching it).

Low and behold it started to sound like the Chiefs were showing signs of life so I shuffled on up to the living room to watch. Thank god I didn't shut the TV off at half time!
Funny thing is, one of my neighbor's (a die hard Vikings fan that knows that I have the NFL package) showed up in my foyer a little bit after 3 o'clock asking me "Do you have the KC overtime game on?"!!
So he sat here and had a beer with me and watched the victory... I had to ask him a few times, "Now that the Vikings are 9-1, who did they lose to?"

Pittsburgh of course. *-)

nigeriannightmare
11-24-2009, 02:59 AM

Out of the quarterbacks available who would play well here. I hate to tell you this, because I do it call it like see it, prob bowl qb's would look average behind this line. When you don't even have time to take a 3 step drop, dude I know what to tell you. get this guy a legitimate lef ttackle and move mr albert to his natural position then judge cassel. completely absurd to think anyone could be doing better at this given time.

yashi
11-24-2009, 10:34 AM
Aaron Rodgers is tearing it up with a worse offensive line than ours.

nigeriannightmare
11-24-2009, 01:18 PM

There is no way possible to have a ****ty offensive line and be 7th in the NFL in total offense, no way,

matthewschiefs
11-24-2009, 01:21 PM

Dont no if you can say there o line is worse then ours. Its close. But I dont think you can say that they are clearly worse.

figcrostic
11-24-2009, 04:03 PM
I've gotta admit, at half time of this last game I came on this forum and actually voiced my opinion stating that I hoped they would put Croyle in the game. I was at that critical stage where I was welcoming ANY kind of change from what I was watching! The 2nd half of that game was a great transformation for that team.

Anyways, at half time I stormed out onto my deck and threw some hamburgers on the grill, grabbed a beer and sat out there mumbling and grumbling to myself regarding 'why do I put myself through this every week?'

Burgers got done and I came into the house (I could still hear the game on the TV, but I wasn't in the room watching it).

Low and behold it started to sound like the Chiefs were showing signs of life so I shuffled on up to the living room to watch. Thank god I didn't shut the TV off at half time!
Funny thing is, one of my neighbor's (a die hard Vikings fan that knows that I have the NFL package) showed up in my foyer a little bit after 3 o'clock asking me "Do you have the KC overtime game on?"!!
So he sat here and had a beer with me and watched the victory... I had to ask him a few times, "Now that the Vikings are 9-1, who did they lose to?"

Pittsburgh of course. *-)

Im glad you watched the end of the game everyone that stuck by the Chiefs deserves to see them win, but dude burgers beer :drunkhb: I might be coming to your place on sunday.

yashi
11-24-2009, 04:07 PM
They've given up 43 sacks to our 37. Maybe not for certain a worse offensive line, but certainly no better.

hometeam
11-24-2009, 04:20 PM
There is no way possible to have a ****ty offensive line and be 7th in the NFL in total offense, no way,

Have you seen GB's line? Its so horrible.

Aaron rogers just runs around RELEASES THE BALL and makes plays~

figcrostic
11-24-2009, 04:44 PM

Yeah I agree Aaron Rogers is damn good! I wish we could've gotten him.

drstandley31
11-24-2009, 08:21 PM

The guy had a great college career, and sat behind Farve learning for a hundred f'n years, and has a very experienced receiving corps. Quite a bit of difference in over-all experience than what our guy's working with. And Rogers has tanked in some games that he had a chance to win. My wife's a f'n cheese head so I have to watch those :sign0053: 'ers every week. He's good, and I think He'll be great, but he's had his trouble too.

IlovetheChiefs
11-24-2009, 10:12 PM
Heh heh, this is funny every day still seeing these 2 threads come up next to each other ("impressed with Cassel", "not impressed with Cassel").

Just posting the same thing in this thread as the other one to keep them together yet again haha. :)

And also wanted to add that I agree about Rogers. He may not be a Favre (yet) but he's always impressed me. Surprisingly a rather high number of people seem to not be so keen on him (perhaps it's due to comparing him to Favre and the fact that GB lost twice to Minne this year) but I think he's pretty good.

chief31
11-25-2009, 03:37 PM

Name .........Compl% ...TD/Int QB Rat x-sack

Cassel - .............55% .....12/6 ..77.9 ....34

P. Manning - ....62.1% ....26/15 ..90.7 ....14

E. Manning - ....52.8% ....24/17 ..75.9 ....28

Roethlisberger - 62.7% .....17/9 ..98.6 ....23

Brees - ...........57.6% ....11/15 ..67.5 ....21

Tom Brady - ....62.1% ....28/14 ..85.7 ....31

Rogers - .........64.8% ....19/5 ..102.6 .....43

Favre - ..........60.9% ....19/24 ..72.2 ....30

Pennington - ...63.6% ....13/12 ..82.9 ....25

Ryan - ...........59.3% ....16/12 ..80 ....14

Warner - ........67.7% ....21/18 ..98.3 ....20

McNabb - .........58% ....21/13 ..77.8 ....45

Cutler - .........63.6% ....20/14 ..88.1 ....27

Palmer - ........67.8% ....32/12 .101.1 ....19

Romo - ..........64.4% ....36/19 ..97.4 ....24

Comparable - lesser

While many of these players had excellent second seasons, several, obviously did not.

With the numbers shown, for a second year starting, one could very easily argue that Cassel is better than Drew Brees. That he is better than Bret Favre. Better than Donovan McNabb. And better than Eli Manning.

Obviously...

That is not a real fair way to make the comparisons between Cassel and Favre, or Brees.

Why? Because those guys have played since their second year as starters.

But, Just as that is unfair, it is equally as unfair to compare Cassel to Warner, P. Manning and Romo.

However, it is far more fair than trying to compare him to guys who have had the extra years to improve (Favre/Brees/McNabb/E.Manning) who were no better during their second season as starter.

Now...

I didn't like the trade when it happened. And I will never like the immediate long-term contract that we gave Cassel.

I was one who immediately pointed to his tendancy to hold the ball too long. And yes... He still does have that problem.

But that is something that he can improve upon. And I have been very impressed with what he has done here, considering the horrible atmosphere that we have created for a QB.

Maybe you aren't impressed. That's fine.

But if you maybe look at it from this angle...

Cassel had very good numbers last season, with alot of talent around him. And he was holding onto the ball for far too long then.

If, in two years, we are able to put similar talent around him, to what he had with NE, having spent this season with precious little time to get rid of it, do you think that it is likely that he may actually get used to having little time to get rid of the ball and learn to release it quickly, more often, and prosper?

One might guess that a player with two more years of experience would be able to learn either way. But learning in an atmosphere of alot of pressure, only to go to a less pressure situation would seem to be quite benefitial to that lesson.

Also...

IF Cassel does improve on getting rid of the ball, do you think that improvement will show in his other satistics?

Bottom line...

He is a second year starter with a bad situation. (No OC, no QB coach, terrible blocking, questionable offensive system, questionable recieving corps, lack of a running game, etc.)

If we improve that situation, and allow him time to grow, are you really convinced that he can't be a great QB?

figcrostic
11-25-2009, 07:18 PM
Name .........Compl% ...TD/Int QB Rat x-sack

Cassel - .............55% .....12/6 ..77.9 ....34

P. Manning - ....62.1% ....26/15 ..90.7 ....14

E. Manning - ....52.8% ....24/17 ..75.9 ....28

Roethlisberger - 62.7% .....17/9 ..98.6 ....23

Brees - ...........57.6% ....11/15 ..67.5 ....21

Tom Brady - ....62.1% ....28/14 ..85.7 ....31

Rogers - .........64.8% ....19/5 ..102.6 .....43

Favre - ..........60.9% ....19/24 ..72.2 ....30

Pennington - ...63.6% ....13/12 ..82.9 ....25

Ryan - ...........59.3% ....16/12 ..80 ....14

Warner - ........67.7% ....21/18 ..98.3 ....20

McNabb - .........58% ....21/13 ..77.8 ....45

Cutler - .........63.6% ....20/14 ..88.1 ....27

Palmer - ........67.8% ....32/12 .101.1 ....19

Romo - ..........64.4% ....36/19 ..97.4 ....24

Comparable - lesser

While many of these players had excellent second seasons, several, obviously did not.

With the numbers shown, for a second year starting, one could very easily argue that Cassel is better than Drew Brees. That he is better than Bret Favre. Better than Donovan McNabb. And better than Eli Manning.

Obviously...

That is not a real fair way to make the comparisons between Cassel and Favre, or Brees.

Why? Because those guys have played since their second year as starters.

But, Just as that is unfair, it is equally as unfair to compare Cassel to Warner, P. Manning and Romo.

However, it is far more fair than trying to compare him to guys who have had the extra years to improve (Favre/Brees/McNabb/E.Manning) who were no better during their second season as starter.

Now...

I didn't like the trade when it happened. And I will never like the immediate long-term contract that we gave Cassel.

I was one who immediately pointed to his tendancy to hold the ball too long. And yes... He still does have that problem.

But that is something that he can improve upon. And I have been very impressed with what he has done here, considering the horrible atmosphere that we have created for a QB.

Maybe you aren't impressed. That's fine.

But if you maybe look at it from this angle...

Cassel had very good numbers last season, with alot of talent around him. And he was holding onto the ball for far too long then.

If, in two years, we are able to put similar talent around him, to what he had with NE, having spent this season with precious little time to get rid of it, do you think that it is likely that he may actually get used to having little time to get rid of the ball and learn to release it quickly, more often, and prosper?

One might guess that a player with two more years of experience would be able to learn either way. But learning in an atmosphere of alot of pressure, only to go to a less pressure situation would seem to be quite benefitial to that lesson.

Also...

IF Cassel does improve on getting rid of the ball, do you think that improvement will show in his other satistics?

Bottom line...

He is a second year starter with a bad situation. (No OC, no QB coach, terrible blocking, questionable offensive system, questionable recieving corps, lack of a running game, etc.)

If we improve that situation, and allow him time to grow, are you really convinced that he can't be a great QB?

Where did you get those BS numbers from?

hometeam
11-25-2009, 07:44 PM

i agree, those numbers are not right, just look at them.

Brees 11 tds 15 picks? lol

favre 19 tds and even more picks? nope try 21 tds 3 picks.

Those stats are pretty jacked up across the board.

Canada
11-25-2009, 08:17 PM
I think those are stats comparing qbs at similar points in their careers

hometeam
11-25-2009, 10:24 PM
I think those are stats comparing qbs at similar points in their careers

ah yea you are right~

chief31
11-26-2009, 01:54 AM

It's the stats for each of those guys during their second season as a starter. Why would you try to compare his second year numbers to Favre's...18th? Warner's 10th and Brees' 8th?

But I'll do ya one better...

How about Favre's 15th season, John Elway's 10th, Johnny Unitas' 6th, Joe Montana's 12th, Terry Bradshaw's fourth...

All of the greats have had their down seasons. More often than not, because of changes around them. Coaches, players, system...

Right now, Cassel has all of those changes around him.

The only legitimate complaint on Cassel right now is that he holds the ball too long.

Experience can often improve that.

When you consider all of the variables that he has going against him (Surrounding talent, availability of coaches, system) I am impressed that he is still on the field, let alone the decent play that he has managed.

Chiefster
11-26-2009, 02:07 AM
It's the stats for each of those guys during their second season as a starter. Why would you try to compare his second year numbers to Favre's...18th? Warner's 10th and Brees' 8th?

But I'll do ya one better...

How about Favre's 15th season, John Elway's 10th, Johnny Unitas' 6th, Joe Montana's 12th, Terry Bradshaw's fourth...

All of the greats have had their down seasons. More often than not, because of changes around them. Coaches, players, system...

Right now, Cassel has all of those changes around him.

The only legitimate complaint on Cassel right now is that he holds the ball too long.

Experience can often improve that.

When you consider all of the variables that he has going against him (Surrounding talent, availability of coaches, system) I am impressed that he is still on the field, let alone the decent play that he has managed.

I agree that, except for hanging on to the ball too long, he has done a comparatively good job IMO.

Canada
11-26-2009, 07:40 AM
I think the only reason he holds the ball so long is because he is trying to make a play. Its not the worst quality to have in a QB!!